Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem very indignant for people who left 3 small children unattended in an unlocked hotel room in a foreign country.

Totally agreed....looks to me like they would want every avenue explored...I know they don't want to believe she's dead, but it is a very likely scenario at this point.

OMG.....I made it to the top in 19 minutes isn't bragging? What purpose did adding the 19 minutes serve except to brag?

These people stink and I think that as soon as they find the body, they are going to be arrested.

Cal

I think they stink, too. Big time. But I don't want to think they have done anything to Maddie.

Oh but Cal, it does fit. While I don't believe perverts are lurking in every corner, there is a lot of evil in this world. It makes perfect sense that a child molester would operate near a family resort hoping for an opportunity. Watching a targeted family, getting to know their routine and seizing a chance when he saw one. That's what is so sad about Madeleine. With the way her parents left her and the twins alone in their room at night without locking the door, she was practically handed to the kidnapper on a silver platter.

Hi again:

I would like to jump in and offer my opinion (if you don't mind).

I tend to agree with s_finch about the McCanns being "in control". I honestly believe that they have not allowed themselves to really see the horror that they are facing. I also agree that the blog seems "clinical" and does not convey the trauma that we expect them to be feeling. As Americans, we tend to respond to drama and the McCanns have not shared their personal drama with us. That is their choice and I respect that. BritGirl, correct me if I am wrong but, don't the British tend to be reserved when it comes to expressing emotion publicly? Unfortunately, we tend to wonder about sincerity if we don't witness great drama. I have seen pictures of Kate where she really seems to be trying to hold it together but the huge fear and grief is right behind her eyes. I think she is trying to ensure a "routine" for her twins which I am sure we all know is vital for a child to feel secure. They probably do not want to scare the twins with lots of emotion. I would bet that things are different when Kate and Gerry are behind closed doors.

I'll try to find the picture of Kate and you will see what I mean.
Hi colomom. We Brits do have a reputation for reserve and I think it's probably true. In the British media there HAS been criticism of the McCanns for leaving their kids unattended (and I totally agree with that criticism), BUT I haven't come across any criticism of their emotional behaviour.

Marry me? I think we are two cynics made for each other! :D You made me bust out laughing with that slow quote.

I hope I am wrong, but when I originally heard the headline of "daugther goes missing after parents left her and her bothers in hotel room alone to eat dinner" my hinke meter went off. Since then, the parents have done nothing but reinforce that meter.

I just don't see a band of roving child abductors roaming the halls waiting for someone to leave their children alone and go have dinner. It doesn't fit.

Cal
Marry me? I think we are two cynics made for each other!
Oh, OK then. Just to warn you though, I'm quite high-maintenance!

Oh but Cal, it does fit. While I don't believe perverts are lurking in every corner, there is a lot of evil in this world. It makes perfect sense that a child molester would operate near a family resort hoping for an opportunity. Watching a targeted family, getting to know their routine and seizing a chance when he saw one. That's what is so sad about Madeleine. With the way her parents left her and the twins alone in their room at night without locking the door, she was practically handed to the kidnapper on a silver platter.
I may be wrong here, but wasn't there evidence that Richard Allen Davis "staked out" the Klaas home prior to kidnapping poor Polly?

Yeah but that would require someone sitting there waiting and watching on the off chance that the parents went out to dinner and left the door unlocked.

I find it all very CONVENIENT and almost impossible to believe.

My best guess is that the child accidentally died in the hotel room and the parents disposed of her and made up this nonsensical story.

Cal

Oh, OK then. Just to warn you though, I'm quite high-maintenance!

Small trade off to nab myself one of those kinky Brits! :D ;)

We've heard the stories across the pond about you ladies!

Cal

Yeah but that would require someone sitting there waiting and watching on the off chance that the parents went out to dinner and left the door unlocked.

My best guess is that the child accidentally died in the hotel room and the parents disposed of her and made up this nonsensical story.

Cal

They did do it everynight that week, once they were called back because of a complaint that one of the children was crying, they still went out as usual the following night. This group of adults left their kids unattended and went out to dinner five consecutive nights previous.:(

Cal

That is a possibility. But the McCanns had been in Portugal for either 1 or 2 weeks and, from what I've read in the press, pretty much used the same routine every day. The children were in the resort-provided childcare facility much of the day, would eat together in the evening and go to bed. I think the parents usually left them alone. So it wouldn't have been difficult for someone to await their chance to find Madeleine unattended and grab her.

britgirl, I don't know whether Polly Klaas was stalked or not.

They did do it everynight that week, once they were called back because of a complaint that one of the children was crying, they still went out as usual the following night. This group of adults left their kids unattended and went out to dinner five consecutive nights previous.:(

The specific complaint was made that Madeleine apparently woke up in the dark and was crying for her father until hotel guests in adjoining suites finally complained. But that didn't stop the McCanns from leaving them alone the next night... or the next either.

What CAN you mean... ;)

Hey, I have seen Austin Powers several times! :D

Gotta run to the dentist, not that's not a British joke, I REALLY have to run off to the dentist. No fun, see y'all later, welcome britgirl

Cal

The specific complaint was made that Madeleine apparently woke up in the dark and was crying for her father until hotel guests in adjoining suites finally complained. But that didn't stop the McCanns from leaving them alone the next night... or the next either.

Someone on one of the early threads we had suggested that perhaps the kidnapper was in the room that night and woke Maddie up, foiling the plan for that night. I bet if that was the scenario, the perp couldn't believe his luck to get another chance.

Hey, I have seen Austin Powers several times! :D

Gotta run to the dentist, not that's not a British joke, I REALLY have to run off to the dentist. No fun, see y'all later, welcome britgirl

Cal
Thanks for the welcome. Good luck with the gnashers!

I've never heard this, do you have a link?

I've never heard this, do you have a link?

Sorry, no. But I know it was in discussion here awhile back.

CarpeDiem said:
Someone on one of the early threads we had suggested that perhaps the kidnapper was in the room that night and woke Maddie up, foiling the plan for that night. I bet if that was the scenario, the perp couldn't believe his luck to get another chance.

I wouldn't leave my child alone in the first place, but you'd think the McCanns would've at least had some compassion on their daughter and stayed in afterwards.

Hi again:

I would like to jump in and offer my opinion (if you don't mind).

I tend to agree with s_finch about the McCanns being "in control". I honestly believe that they have not allowed themselves to really see the horror that they are facing. I also agree that the blog seems "clinical" and does not convey the trauma that we expect them to be feeling. As Americans, we tend to respond to drama and the McCanns have not shared their personal drama with us. That is their choice and I respect that. BritGirl, correct me if I am wrong but, don't the British tend to be reserved when it comes to expressing emotion publicly? Unfortunately, we tend to wonder about sincerity if we don't witness great drama. I have seen pictures of Kate where she really seems to be trying to hold it together but the huge fear and grief is right behind her eyes. I think she is trying to ensure a "routine" for her twins which I am sure we all know is vital for a child to feel secure. They probably do not want to scare the twins with lots of emotion. I would bet that things are different when Kate and Gerry are behind closed doors.

I'll try to find the picture of Kate and you will see what I mean.

Jump in anytime and welcome.

Marry me? I think we are two cynics made for each other! :D You made me bust out laughing with that slow quote.

I hope I am wrong, but when I originally heard the headline of "daugther goes missing after parents left her and her bothers in hotel room alone to eat dinner" my hinke meter went off. Since then, the parents have done nothing but reinforce that meter.

I just don't see a band of roving child abductors roaming the halls waiting for someone to leave their children alone and go have dinner. It doesn't fit.

Cal

Maybe not a "band" but a single pedo/perp I do see watching and waiting for an opportunity. That's what they do. Family resorts are a perfect place for a pedo to snatch a kid. Before going to Walt Disney World, I came across an article about how you have to be REALLY careful because with all those kids around, it's a pedo's dreamland and with the mass of people it's way to easy to lose your kid in a crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406