Madeleine McCann found?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PJ did not allow the crime scene to become contaminated.

The crime scene was contaminated way before they even got there.

The first police on the scene was the local GNR. People including the McCanns, the Tapas 7, other guests, and MW staff had already gone through the apartment to double check, while the McCanns sat on their bed and watched.

No attempt at all was made to secure the scene by any of these professionals who could be expected to realise the importance of an uncontaminated scene.

They did not.

It is not the PJ's fault the crime scene was contaminated. They weren't even there for a further 2 hours.

:banghead:

The PJ should have prevented further contamination of the crime scene. They shouldn't have let the dogs in there or let people who hadn't entered the apartment previously to come in and take stuff out.

The McCann's are doctors not police.

Slightly off topic but if someone dials 999 are they told to keep themselves and others away from a crime scene. I don't think they are which is kind of strange when you think about it.

JMO

It would be natural for intelligent individuals to secure a crime scene.

I would do it...especially if I was certain there was an "abductor"...there is no reason at all to reenter that room as the child was not there.

:waitasec:

Goncalo Amaral admits there were mistakes made early in the investigation. The GNR perceived deception and inconsistent stories, but struggled to accept the English doctors as child abductors...just like so many others.

Some would wonder if the McCanns planned this disappearance...if they knowingly and intentionally went to a small resort with backward law enforcement to lose their problem child. It wouldn't be so easy to get away with back home in England.

Judging by some of the inconsistencies of their behaviours before and since, I think this is possible. I think it was planned, at some level, from the beginning.

My opinion only

:cow:

That's Sabots opinion not mine.

Some of the information that has been presented was in English. You can't question that. Neither can you question the Forensic which produced No Evidence against The McCanns. You just have to use a bit of common sense. So I don't think that you and I are opposed on what is acceptable and what isn't.

None of the translations on The Internet were certificated by accredited translators so would not be acceptable in a Court of Law.

Some of the information that has been presented was in English. You can't question that. Neither can you question the Forensic which produced No Evidence against The McCanns. You just have to use a bit of common sense. So I don't think that you and I are opposed on what is acceptable and what isn't.

None of the translations on The Internet were certificated by accredited translators so would not be acceptable in a Court of Law.

So the Forensics cannot be questioned?
not even the fact that some of the samples were too small to be tested (at that time) with any expectation of being able to give a definitive outcome?
With forensic advances, there would always be the possibility that those samples could throw up new information in time.

What Court of Law were these unaccredited translations going to be used in?
Nobody has mentioned the translated files being used in a Court of Law, we are using them to look at the case and the statements made.
I am pretty sure that "erm" and "you know" translate prety well from Portuguese to English and thats what the statements by the Tapas friends seem to be full of and very little else imo

So now the translators are at fault?

The translators are the ones who left three babies alone and defenceless in a foreign hotel room while they partied with friends?

No.

It is not the fault of the translators, the dogs, the PJ, Goncalo Amaral.

It is the fault of two English speaking doctors who clearly know better and yet somehow have managed to cast blame and mud far and wide, with little or none sticking where it belongs.

On themselves.

There was an organised campaign to cast suspicion on The McCanns. In a country where breaking the Secrecy Laws is punishable by a prison sentence, lies and misinformation were leaked to The Press by the only source available, which was The Portuguese Police. This was followed by mistranslations of The Files once they were released. This sometimes involved leaving out certain words and punctuation which changed the entire meaning of sentences. This is obvious to anyone who has actually read The Files and compared various translations.
I have no critisism of Kate and Gerry for checking on their children every half hour. I have done it myself. Whether or not this is right and proper is a matter of opinion. It is not a Criminal Offence, and The McCanns were not charged. In fact they weren't even arrested
My intention is not to change the minds of die hards, but to point out what I know and what I saw happening.
Goncalo Amaral is a Convicted Liar for which he received a Suspended Prison Sentence. This is a matter of Record. As is his Conviction for Defrauding his Brother. He is a thoroughly unpleasant and unreliable person who should never have been in charge of The Case.
Some people do not care to agree with me. This is of no interest to me whatsoever.
The McCanns will never be brought to Trial on this matter, simply because they are innocent.

There was an organised campaign to cast suspicion on The McCanns. In a country where breaking the Secrecy Laws is punishable by a prison sentence, lies and misinformation were leaked to The Press by the only source available, which was The Portuguese Police. This was followed by mistranslations of The Files once they were released. This sometimes involved leaving out certain words and punctuation which changed the entire meaning of sentences. This is obvious to anyone who has actually read The Files and compared various translations.
I have no critisism of Kate and Gerry for checking on their children every half hour. I have done it myself. Whether or not this is right and proper is a matter of opinion. It is not a Criminal Offence, and The McCanns were not charged. In fact they weren't even arrested
My intention is not to change the minds of die hards, but to point out what I know and what I saw happening.
Goncalo Amaral is a Convicted Liar for which he received a Suspended Prison Sentence. This is a matter of Record. As is his Conviction for Defrauding his Brother. He is a thoroughly unpleasant and unreliable person who should never have been in charge of The Case.
Some people do not care to agree with me. This is of no interest to me whatsoever.
The McCanns will never be brought to Trial on this matter, simply because they are innocent.

<modsnip>

Please link what you state as fact, especially the Bolded parts.

TIA.

These things can all be found if you search The Files.

Amaral's Convictions can be found on Google.

I am familiar with the files, but not of what you allege.

It is against TOS to not link that which you state as fact.

I always thought that the mccann files were officially translated?

I don't think we're opposed either just didn't understand why your opinion was brought up in a reply to my post?

Totally agree. I read the court documents related to his brother some time back. His brother gave him a large sum of money for a house. His brother then fixed the house up and then when his brother had finished Amaral went sold the house to a third party. It was a lot of money and Amaral is having to pay the money back. Will find the link when I have more time. Of course it was translated by someone online so wouldn't be accepted by people as fact. For my own benefit i'm going to get my Portuguese friend to translate.

That and the fact he's been convicted of perjury in the joana cipriano case.

Anything else?

IMO he's corrupt and definitely untrustworthy.

I always thought that the mccann files were officially translated?

I don't think we're opposed either just didn't understand why your opinion was brought up in a reply to my post?

Scotland Yard have accredited translations of The Files and so do The McCanns. The files on The Internet were translated piecemeal and by various different people, none of whom were certified translators. In some cases two different translators of one file page do not agree on the actual wording, whether by accident or design is debatable.

Neither do I understand why my opinion was brought up in reply to your post.

Either way, the translations are not of anything the McCanns have said, because the McCanns do not speak Portugese...so I'm unsure of exactly what discrepancies there could actually be?

Either way, we have Kate's "account of the truth" and Goncalo's book, so we have excellent insight as to details from both sides.

The fact is the poor man had a sterling reputation as an uncorruptible investigator of 30 years service, before the McCann mud-spraying machine came along.

Further, the PJ was never made up of just one man. He is merely a scapegoat. Both the British and Portugese police believed the McCanns were involved.

So did Eddie and Keela.

The McCanns had nothing to do with Amaral's conviction for Perjury in the case of another missing child, or his conviction for Defarauding his brother. The Latter happened in 2002.

The McCanns answered questions in English which were translated into Portuguese.

The McCanns had nothing to do with Amaral's conviction for Perjury in the case of another missing child, or his conviction for Defarauding his brother. The Latter happened in 2002.

The McCanns answered questions in English which were translated into Portuguese.

I'm not even sure who brought the translation issue up, nor what their point was.

:dunno:

The fact is the poor man had a sterling reputation as an uncorruptible investigator of 30 years service, before the McCann mud-spraying machine came along.

Further, the PJ was never made up of just one man. He is merely a scapegoat. Both the British and Portugese police believed the McCanns were involved.

So did Eddie and Keela.

Amaral was charged with perjury. That is fact.
The court believed she'd been beaten but she was unable to identify who did it as they were clever enough to put a bag over her head. Several police officers were involved in this situation. Were some of them on the Madeleine McCann case I don't know! But it's safe to say that there was corruption within that police department. It's a shame that this case was brought to trial before Madeleine went missing because had it of been then Amaral would not have been on Madeleine's case.

You cannot ignore this evidence.

Amaral defrauded his brother. That is fact.
Defrauding your own brother is pretty harsh and says a lot about the person you are.

This guy stinks IMO

Every aspect of these allegations has zero to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The PJ are suspected of no wrong doing whatsoever in relation to her case so I really do not see what your point is. The criminal you speak of has been found guilty of murdering a child so who cares if she got a little tap while being questioned and Amaral looked the other way...not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member