Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the tabloids are always wrong, then how can we trust that her "denial" was true?

Tabloids can be exactly right - it happens in every major case that they get a scoop that no one else has. So I never feel "guilty" when I read the tabs.

They were exactly right on the Laci Peterson case, and that convinced me to keep an open mind.
ThoughtFox there was a video of Mrs Fenn denying the rumours and saying she had never spoken to the press.
I think its more believable when seen and heard out of her own mouth.
But even then :rolleyes: some choose not to believe her.

ThoughtFox there was a video of Mrs Fenn denying the rumours and saying she had never spoken to the press.
I think its more believable when seen and heard out of her own mouth.
But even then :rolleyes: some choose not to believe her.

No, I didn't see that. Of course, no one is supposed to be talking to the press because of Portuguese law. So if she denied it, she is just covering her own rear.

And also, those articles don't say that "she" talked to the press, but that a "close friend" of hers did, and told Fenn's story.

So it's all in the spin. ;)

An ex-patriot like Mrs. Fenn wouldn't want any trouble with the police, so of course she wouldn't talk if they told her not to. That doesn't mean that those stories don't have a grain of truth. No one knows yet because her statements are closed to the public.

No, I didn't see that. Of course, no one is supposed to be talking to the press because of Portuguese law. So if she denied it, she is just covering her own rear.

And also, those articles don't say that "she" talked to the press, but that a "close friend" of hers did, and told Fenn's story.

So it's all in the spin. ;)

An ex-patriot like Mrs. Fenn wouldn't want any trouble with the police, so of course she wouldn't talk if they told her not to. That doesn't mean that those stories don't have a grain of truth. No one knows yet because her statements are closed to the public.
Exactly my point ThoughtFox. I'm sure there are many who prefer to believe the rumours than Mrs Fenn herself denying them.
And articles are famous for quoting either a friend or a source. It just gives them licence to print what they like.

I did not see the Mrs. Fenn video, either that I recall. However, I did read about her saying she would NOT be making any statements to the press, that she would make her statement to the police and that would be the end of it. And I did read something about her denying she ever said a bunch of stuff she never said.

From all of that hubbub I came to the conclusion that Mrs. Fenn was a witness with some integrity, that she intended to tell the truth as she knew it to the police and that's what she did. Everything else has been hype/spin, in my opinion. The only thing I think she ever told the police, in the first place, was that Maddie was crying. I believe she said this because there were other quotes from the staff that said they spoke to the McCanns about using one of the resort's "baby listening" or babysitting services after they received complaints about the children crying. I think all the other things that Mrs. Fenn supposedly said about Kate's inability to control the kids or Kate and Gerry fighting, or whatever is spin at this point.

That's my take on it anyway.

Salem

If the tabloids are always wrong, then how can we trust that her "denial" was true?

Tabloids can be exactly right - it happens in every major case that they get a scoop that no one else has. So I never feel "guilty" when I read the tabs.

They were exactly right on the Laci Peterson case, and that convinced me to keep an open mind.

I think you misunderstand my point - I am not saying the tabs are always wrong - What I am saying is that at this point there is so much information . scoops - many of it contradictory that it is almost impossible to pick out the " truth " from the absolute bunkum

Of course buried somewhere in the headlines the truth lies somwewhere - but at the moment fo me unless I see it happening or have a have a direct quote from the PJ then I will take it with a pinch of salt

I think you misunderstand my point - I am not saying the tabs are always wrong - What I am saying is that at this point there is so much information . scoops - many of it contradictory that it is almost impossible to pick out the " truth " from the absolute bunkum

Of course buried somewhere in the headlines the truth lies somwewhere - but at the moment fo me unless I see it happening or have a have a direct quote from the PJ then I will take it with a pinch of salt

As we all are Gord.

No, I don't think I misunderstood your comments at all.

You said it yourself - you see every quote from a tabloid as "absolute bunkum" and I don't.

However, so far there has been very little of substance from the McCanns and their "camp." They have released about one red herring a week, either through their spokesperson or these so-called detectives. I see what they say as bunkum and spin.

The truth is somewhere in there, but if we dismiss every report as false, then we won't have much to talk about.

You said it yourself - you see every quote from a tabloid as "absolute bunkum" and I don't.

However, so far there has been very little of substance from the McCanns and their "camp." They have released about one red herring a week, either through their spokesperson or these so-called detectives. I see what they say as bunkum and spin.

The truth is somewhere in there, but if we dismiss every report as false, then we won't have much to talk about.

I didnt say that every quote from a tabloid is absolute bunkum - I said it is difficult to distinguish between the truth and the absolute bunkum

Hi! This is my first post here.

I have been very concerned with Madeleine's disappearance for several months now. It breaks my heart! For some reason, it strikes me on some level deeper than most cases do.

I am also a budding psychic, and my ability seems to be growing stronger all the time.

One of the most interesting things that has happened to me involves a time when I was meditating on Madeleine. I got an image of a rooster and hearts like valentines. I put this on another forum I frequent. Another poster said she had found a legend online about the Rooster of Barcelos, which is a Portuguese story of someone falsely accused of a crime. The symbol of this legend is a rooster covered with hearts. (Oddly, about that time a rooster showed up at our house. He has stayed ever since. He seems to think he belongs here.)

Sometime later, I was meditating again, and the name Michael Pardue popped into my head. I had no idea who this was. I googled the name, and found out he was a person who was convicted for a crime he may not have committed. He was in jail for years.

What I am trying to say here is that, because of my insights, I don't believe the McCanns are guilty of murder. They may be guilty of neglect, but I don't believe they are guilty of murder.

There ISN'T much to talk about though really.I hardly post now as most of us are pretty much entrenched in our own beliefs and theories and it is just re-hashing the same thing.I think it will remain that way until there is an arrest or Madeleine is found.

There ISN'T much to talk about though really.I hardly post now as most of us are pretty much entrenched in our own beliefs and theories and it is just re-hashing the same thing.I think it will remain that way until there is an arrest or Madeleine is found.

I thought the recent reports in the Portuguese press stating that the blood/bodily fluids were definitely Madeleine's and the reports that the McCanns might actual consider :)doh: ) making a movie about this case were something to talk about.

I have also read that Scotland Yard and the PJ are to be re-interviewing the T9 at any time and the Rogatory letters have now been delivered and Esther McVey, who was a member of the Board of Directors of the Madeleine Fund, along with others, have now resigned from that board. Not to mention, Clarence Mitchell said on a radio program today, "Put money in an envelope and send it to Kate and Gerry, just address it to Kate and Gerry, Rothely and it will get to them" (are you freakin' kidding me?).

I would think that people "on the fence" might be very interested in that information. But, if you are not, well that's ok too.

Ahhhhh Spudgun, you crack me up.

(Posted on the Mirror Board and promptly deleted by the Mods)

On behalf of the entire Policia Judiciaria, His Royal Highness, the Most Serene Lord, the Royal Prince of Portugal, the Prime Minister and current EU leader Senor Jose Socrates and the entire peoples of Portugal, may I take this opportunity to deeply and most sincerely apologise to the esteemed peoples of the United Kingdom for ever daring to give consideration to the possibility that Saint Gerry and Kate McCann, Patron Saints of Rothley, could ever have been responsible for the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine.

We now realise our own despicable ineptitude, inabilities and incompetence in failing to resolve this case, for which we feel intense shame.

It should have been obvious to even the most imbecilic of police forces that, upon arrival at the Mark warner holiday complex and having the parents explain how the shutters to their apartment had been forced and smashed open, their doors unlocked, their versions of events and statements wildly differing, that Madeleine was clearly abducted.

The fact that their entire party of friends and colleagues had marched, charged and ventured all over the apartment, destroying any possible evidence of what took place there is irrelevant and is a d**ning indictment on our useless forensics department.

It is now abundantly clear to us that we should have immediately released a description of the prime suspect, as described in perfect detail, by Jane Tanner, instead of waiting for the Right Honourable Gordon Brown to insist that we do so 3 weeks after the event and after our useless scene of crime officers had dismissed it as being entirely fictitious on the grounds that not only did two other witnesses NOT see the abductor, but they didn’t see Jane Tanner either.

As for those English Cadaver dogs that apparently scented ‘Death’on the garments and accessories of Mrs. McCann, we can only reiterate that it is easy for such matters to become confused during the translation process. We now fully understand that ‘Eau du Corpse’ is, in fact, a latest designer perfume from France, specifically designed for wear by professional women who come into contact with an inordinately high number of cadavers during the course of a typical working week.

And those DNA test results from your Birmingham FSS Forensic services? We now fully accept that although they represent a partial match to Madeleine, stated as 88% from one source, to a 100% ‘non transferable’ match as quoted on SKY, FOX and CBS news, they are equally likely to have been derived from a partially decaying packet of Walls Pork sausages.

As for all those other allegations, ‘leaks’ inaccuracies and ‘unhelpful speculation’ that has appeared in our press since May, apportioning blame on to the McCanns, I can assure you that they have collectively hung their heads in shame and are working tirelessly to match those standards set by those Holy Grails of informative Press, the ‘SUN’, ‘DAILY MAIL’, ‘DAILY EXPRESS’ and the ‘MIRROR‘.

It remains for me only to say that we will gladly donate the entirety of our pension funds, as issued on our imminent dismissal from the force for our incompetence, to the ‘Madeleine McCann Fund’ so that Mr and Mrs McCann can continue their tireless search for their daughter and for the truth, and to travel in order to bring compassion, understanding and education about the dangers of evil Predators to the world.

Either that or to pay for their Mortgage and future Holidays for the next12 years.

We shall also insist on a Nationwide collection towards the fund from the citizens of Portugal. Including those who took a week off work to scurry around on their hands on knees to search through the dirt with their bare hands for clues. These ‘Bumpkins’ must also suffer the consequences of their countries failings.

We can only hope that our replacements will take up the gauntlet of Justice and pursue this case, sifting through the miriad of Sex offenders that dwell on every street corner and home in Portugal in order to establish the real culprit and ensure that he faces Justice. Either that or enlist him into the PJ alongside all the other paedophiles and woman beaters.

I, myself, am now off to apply to join Metodo 3, where their respective efforts have done more to unearth the real truth of this mystery than any other efforts here in Portugal.

Yours,
Senor S. Muncher

Mrs. Fenn sure is talking now.

Thanks for the link.
I don't think so Pinkhammer. The Mrs Fenn article was dated August 18th. All the recent links for her are old ones.

IF the blood/fluid found in the trunk of the car was positively identified as Maddy's, is there a chance other DNA was in the trunk also? If other DNA was found, is there a CODIS that's used in Portugal?

IF the blood/fluid found in the trunk of the car was positively identified as Maddy's, is there a chance other DNA was in the trunk also? If other DNA was found, is there a CODIS that's used in Portugal?
As I recall, there was alot of hair in the trunk - more than would normally fall off clothes or toys. So that would be DNA also found in the trunk.

I'm not sure what a CODIS is so someone else will have to answer that one! :)

colomom: Thanks for posting that - very funny. :crazy:

I don't know what we "should" be talking about - all we can do is analyze what is reported, whether in a tabloid or a respected news organization. I've noticed it really doesn't matter who reports things, or what the McCanns say, or what the police say, people still react based on their belief of innocence or guilt.

Eventually someone will either be charged or they won't, but until then, everything is open for discussion, I presume.

...Esther McVey, who was a member of the Board of Directors of the Madeleine Fund, along with others, have now resigned from that board. Not to mention, Clarence Mitchell said on a radio program today, "Put money in an envelope and send it to Kate and Gerry, just address it to Kate and Gerry, Rothely and it will get to them" (are you freakin' kidding me?)....

Did he REALLY say that??? WOW, that is totally unbelievable. What kind of idiots does he take "joe public" to be?

I have followed MANY missing children cases, and I have NEVER heard a family beg for money like this family has...not even the Ramsey's stooped this low.

Any of you who might follow the Anna Waters case, could you imagine Anna's mother doing this??? NO WAY! (Even Noreen Gosch, the fruit loop queen has never begged for money.) :eek: :doh: :banghead:

I think I have some money from an old monopoly game. Would that count?

It didnt hear the programme - I must admit that things like that do seem to be being mishandled -

I think that the time has come for them to probably wind up the fund - give what is left into trust or charity and get on with their lives or if they are guilty face the courts .

There is little point it seems in keeping this search going , it is pretty obvious that whatever happened to Maddy - she isnt coming back .

Hi! This is my first post here.
I have been very concerned with Madeleine's disappearance for several months now. It breaks my heart! For some reason, it strikes me on some level deeper than most cases do.

I am also a budding psychic, and my ability seems to be growing stronger all the time.

One of the most interesting things that has happened to me involves a time when I was meditating on Madeleine. I got an image of a rooster and hearts like valentines. I put this on another forum I frequent. Another poster said she had found a legend online about the Rooster of Barcelos, which is a Portuguese story of someone falsely accused of a crime. The symbol of this legend is a rooster covered with hearts. (Oddly, about that time a rooster showed up at our house. He has stayed ever since. He seems to think he belongs here.)

Sometime later, I was meditating again, and the name Michael Pardue popped into my head. I had no idea who this was. I googled the name, and found out he was a person who was convicted for a crime he may not have committed. He was in jail for years.

What I am trying to say here is that, because of my insights, I don't believe the McCanns are guilty of murder. They may be guilty of neglect, but I don't believe they are guilty of murder.

Hi Claycat. Welcome to WS. Your "visions" were interesting to read.

You see, my take on this "Vision" would be much different...I would take it to mean that Madeleine died in the early morning, (the rooster crows at dawn) and that it was by the hands of her father, (hearts/cardiologist).

Michael Pardue grew up in a dysfunctional home, and his beloved mother died in his arms, after his drunken father shot her in the heart during a fit of rage...(I would take this to mean that Madeleine died as a result of one raging drunk parent, while the other parent held her while she died...) Michael Prudue apparently is innocent of the murder crimes charged against him, but is still incarcerated because he escaped from prison 3 times...therefore, innocent of one crime, but guilty of another...(I would take this to mean, that the parent who did not kill Madeleine is innocent of murder, but guilty of a cover up) I'm not a physic...but I read a lot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow