Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Times Online:

Meanwhile, a former Portuguese police chief said that the McCanns should have been arrested as soon as their daughter disappeared for abandoning their children.
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, who left the PolÍcia Judiciária this year to head the Portuguese Association for Missing Children, told the 24 Horas newspaper: “When the parents told police that they went to dinner and left the children at home alone, they confessed to the crime of abandonment. The penalty of abandonment is at least three years’ imprisonment.”

So it was not the common practice in the quaint little resort to go out to dinner and leave the children alone.

Forgive me if this has already been posted elsewhere: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316675,00.html

"A private investigator hired by Kate and Gerry McCann believes their missing daughter Madeleine was kidnapped by a pedophile ring in the Iberian Peninsula or northern Africa, and that she will be returned by Christmas, the Daily Mail reported."

Forgive me if this has already been posted elsewhere: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316675,00.html

"A private investigator hired by Kate and Gerry McCann believes their missing daughter Madeleine was kidnapped by a pedophile ring in the Iberian Peninsula or northern Africa, and that she will be returned by Christmas, the Daily Mail reported."
Sounds like fiction to me

He said: "We know who kidnapped her. We believe she is in an area not very far from the Iberian peninsula and north Africa. And we have a fairly certain idea of who she is with.

But.....

He added: "We're sure she was abducted and we are very, very close to finding those responsible."

Mr Marco said: "I have always said publicly Madeleine is alive. I have to believe it 100 per cent because I know how to look for living people, not dead ones. But I have no proof Madeleine is alive.
D'oh:doh:

Dismissing the suggestion of any involvement by the McCanns, who were declared official suspects in their daughter's disappearance after she vanished from the Ocean Club apartment complex, he said: "You only have to spend five minutes with them to realise they've got nothing to do with this
Hmmmm, claiming to know who did it is not good enough:confused:

Look Master! de Plane, de Plane!

Welcome everyone, to FANTASY ISLAND!

Give it up, McCanns. The truth shall set you free.

At the very least, but somehow I can't see this happening, can you?

The mayor is correct. The McCanns SHOULD have been charged, but IMO this is water over the bridge. It is doubtful the McCanns will face any charge, including murder, in Madeline's disappearance... another unsolved case. The McCanns and the Tapas Group will go on with their normal lives.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2296203136219895848&hl=en-GB

Has anyone seen this video before, I don't recall seeing it posted here , if it has, my apologies!
It is really well put together, see what you think!

Oh yeah Prickle....

I was soooo impressed with spudgun's effort I forwarded it to every news agency I could think of, Nancy Grace, AMW and the morning news shows. I asked them to please view it before airing any other stories about the McCanns. I wanted to make sure that they had all sides of the "story".

If a PI told me that my daughter was being held by pedophiles and they knew where.....just TRY to keep me off the next plane out....Kate? Hello??
:furious:

The mayor is correct. The McCanns SHOULD have been charged, but IMO this is water over the bridge. It is doubtful the McCanns will face any charge, including murder, in Madeline's disappearance... another unsolved case. The McCanns and the Tapas Group will go on with their normal lives.

I totally (and respectfully) disagree Trino!!!

I do not believe that the McCanns (and to a lesser degree the T7) will ever know a "normal" life again. No matter what happens in the future, when they go out in public, people will stare, whisper, avoid eye contact, etc.

Very few people will involve themselves in their lives. There will always be a question in their minds. They have found themselves in a very real prison even if not behind bars.

I really feel bad for the twins because when they are in those very difficult early teen years....the kids will whisper, often loudly. :(

Yes, the twins will definitely bear the brunt of this for the rest of their lives.

Remember the awful murders of those three women near Yellowstone, I believe it was, and it was the brother of an abducted boy who I believe was returned alive? Something dreadfully wrong happened to that sibling as he grew up. It must be a terrible burden of guilt for the innocent children who were not taken or disappeared.

I think the sad thing is the McCanns--or at least Gerry--seem to believe they will have a normal life. Perhaps that is just desperately wishful thinking.

I totally (and respectfully) disagree Trino!!!

I do not believe that the McCanns (and to a lesser degree the T7) will ever know a "normal" life again. No matter what happens in the future, when they go out in public, people will stare, whisper, avoid eye contact, etc.

Very few people will involve themselves in their lives. There will always be a question in their minds. They have found themselves in a very real prison even if not behind bars.

I really feel bad for the twins because when they are in those very difficult early teen years....the kids will whisper, often loudly. :(

My meaning is more along the line of "no remorse."

snip
Yes, the twins will definitely bear the brunt of this for the rest of their lives.

Maybe they won't. lol
Remember the Ramsey murder? From what I've read through the years, Burke Ramsey has led a very average life and is now enrolled in college.

snip

Maybe they won't. lol
Remember the Ramsey murder? From what I've read through the years, Burke Ramsey has led a very average life and is now enrolled in college.

All we know of Burke Ramsey or any other celebrity-by-crime is what they choose to reveal via the press. And assuming that anybody is "average" simply because they graduated from high school and attending college is not very logical, really.

For the rest of their lives, no matter what they achieve or do, the twins will be referred to as "siblings of Madeleine McCann who...." however the sentence ends.

No matter what you think happened to Madeleine, it's naive to think that the twins will not at some point in their lives have to deal with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member