Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time getting the java script to open that. Any chance there's another link for it?

I'm having a hard time getting the java script to open that. Any chance there's another link for it?
Sorry Texana, don't have another link. Colomons is opening for me also!

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...ident-about-euro-alert-system-64375-21091744/

The last two paragraphs:

Responding to a television reporter’s suggestion that they could face child neglect charges, Mr McCann said: “We didn’t abandon or neglect Madeleine. Someone went into an apartment and stole a child.

“You have gone over old ground. It’s really quite boring. We want to focus on issues that can make a difference.”

Yes, he really said it. I cannot express how angry this makes me. They absolutely refuse to accept responsibility for the HUGE part they played in what happened to Maddie.

019D97115.gif

Does any one else think it is interesting that first he says "Madeleine" and then he says "a child"? Why didn't he say "and stole her"? Also, he doesn't say "our apartment," he says "an apartment."

In my opinion, he is totally distancing himself from what happened. Someone just went into an apartment and stole a child :eek: What the hell - NO, somone went into YOUR apartment and stole YOUR child. Absolutely no ownership of the child or the apartment. :mad:

And, after all, this is all rather 'boring' anyway, don't you think :furious::furious:

This ticks me off, but more than that, I think it is weird that he is bored and doesn't claim ownership of at least the child.

Salem

Madeleine McCann: evidence against parents to be revealed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-evidence-against-parents-to-be-revealed.html

After months of secrecy, Kate and Gerry McCann will be given full access to the confidential case files.
The development is a boost to the couple, who are desperate to clear their status as “arguidos” or official suspects the disappearance of their daughter.
Attorney general Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro told the daily newspaper 24 Horas: “From July the (Madeleine) case will cease to be covered by judicial secrecy, and will be available to consultation by all parties involved.

Mr Mitchell said: “Despite the attorney general’s comment in the Portuguese press, neither Kate and Gerry, nor their lawyers, have received and official confirmation that the judicial secrecy is to be lifted.
“They will be making no comment until the judicial secrecy is lifted and they know that to be a fact.
“If this is the case, clearly this is something to be welcomed.

Does Gerry listen to himself when he's talking? I can't believe he actually said that.

Does any one else think it is interesting that first he says "Madeleine" and then he says "a child"? Why didn't he say "and stole her"? Also, he doesn't say "our apartment," he says "an apartment."

In my opinion, he is totally distancing himself from what happened. Someone just went into an apartment and stole a child :eek: What the hell - NO, somone went into YOUR apartment and stole YOUR child. Absolutely no ownership of the child or the apartment. :mad:

And, after all, this is all rather 'boring' anyway, don't you think :furious::furious:

This ticks me off, but more than that, I think it is weird that he is bored and doesn't claim ownership of at least the child.

Salem

You are so right, Salem. It's definitely distancing language. It sounds very elevated to say " A CHILD WAS TAKEN" but he doesn't use any personal language about "my" child.

The fact that he to this day, does not take ONE bit of responsibility in abandoning or neglecting Madeleine--would a responsible parent, especially a well educated doctor ever say that leaving three small children alone in an apartment was not neglect?

How could any parent ever say that their own part in a tragedy was/is boring? Personally heartbreaking, unable to keep going over for sanity's sake, accepting forgiveness for a human error and moving on--but BORING?

He says it's "boring." I actually am quite saddened by this. I had hoped that somehow and in some way, the McCanns would have grown by their experience. Instead they seem to have followed the "more so" pattern.

They have become more irresponsible.

They have become more arrogant.

They have become more egregious in blaming others, but taking no responsibility for themselves or their acts.

The issue that would have made a difference for Madeleine? Parents staying near their children.

I didn't actually despise the McCanns before now, but I do. I never hated them, or wished them ill. I still don't hate them, but I feel only contempt for a man that can dismiss his own responsibility in his child's disappearance as "boring."

Does Gerry listen to himself when he's talking? I can't believe he actually said that.

I've often wondered that myself. I think he truly doesn't hear what others hear. His blog from the early days showed that--talking about Kate's jogging?

It seems too, that a parent feeling guilty for their responsibility in a tragic event but unable to accept the responsibility would hide from the guilt/responsibility by making a bigger deal about the child, doesn't it.

Something like "we did not abandon our daughter, someone came in and stole our precious Madeleine right from her bed." Yet, Gerry can barely claim the child as his. Weird.

On another note: I bet the McCanns are excited to see the evidence against them. They probably want to get their lawyers cracking building a defense.

Salem

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...ident-about-euro-alert-system-64375-21091744/

The last two paragraphs:

Responding to a television reporter’s suggestion that they could face child neglect charges, Mr McCann said: “We didn’t abandon or neglect Madeleine. Someone went into an apartment and stole a child.

“You have gone over old ground. It’s really quite boring. We want to focus on issues that can make a difference.”

Yes, he really said it. I cannot express how angry this makes me. They absolutely refuse to accept responsibility for the HUGE part they played in what happened to Maddie.

It makes me sick - the illogic of it.

Could someone have just walked in if the door had been locked?
Could someone have just walked in if the parents had been there?
Could someone have just walked in if Maddie had been protected the way every child deserves to be protected by her own parents?

But hey - he's mistakenly trying to play semantics about the life of his own missing daughter. He thinks he is more clever than anyone else, when he isn't.

Let him keep begging the question this way about who wasn't home when someone "just walked in the door."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop