Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to know April why you continue to press your case. Is it that you believe that you will change minds here? It is quite repetitive and redundant after all this time. Not that I am trying to discourage you from posting, I would just think that your thoughts might be better received by like-minded folks. Sometimes it feels as if you are trying to create dissension. Just saying, you are free to do whatever you'd like, of course.
I'm a little curious about that myself.

Most of us are mothers here, obviously, and our instincts are telling us something quite different than what you seem to experience. We all come from different backgrounds, parts of the world, life experiences, yet on the topic of the McCann's reactions to things, we manage to agree wholeheartedly that something is off-kilter or strange.

No one has proved otherwise yet. Madeleine has not been found, so our opinions of the McCanns have not been proven wrong.

:blowkiss:...for you teacherbees, just the thought of that kind of pain makes me weak.

Both you and IW are most excellent mommies, I am proud to know you.

I agree Tony B. and I guess it took them almost a year to put on a show of emotion. They must have been in training.

I would also like to know April why you continue to press your case. Is it that you believe that you will change minds here? It is quite repetitive and redundant after all this time. Not that I am trying to discourage you from posting, I would just think that your thoughts might be better received by like-minded folks. Sometimes it feels as if you are trying to create dissension. Just saying, you are free to do whatever you'd like, of course.

I'm a little curious about that myself.

Most of us are mothers here, obviously, and our instincts are telling us something quite different than what you seem to experience. We all come from different backgrounds, parts of the world, life experiences, yet on the topic of the McCann's reactions to things, we manage to agree wholeheartedly that something is off-kilter or strange.

No one has proved otherwise yet. Madeleine has not been found, so our opinions of the McCanns have not been proven wrong.

I am wondering this also, it seems like you just like to argue April & are not even as knowledgeable on the case as the rest of us as we keep having to dig up old links regarding facts that anyone with a deep interest in the case should be familiar with.

I too am a mother, my children are my life even though they are in their early twenties now, they are still my life, I still look out for them, worry about them, hurt if they are hurting & could never ever imagine reacting as the McCanns have done if any ill were to befall either of them!

I never left my kids unattended EVER & I don't regret one minute of it or any sacrifice I ever made for them. I abhor any parent who brings children into this world then totally neglects their parental responsibility! I might have some sympathy for these people if I had ever seen one bit of genuine remorse or grief, I haven't!

Some good news, looks like it's not over yet!

http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/archive/200 ... -mois.html

Google Translation

Maddie: Secret of Justice extended for 3 months
The period of secrecy of Justice investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is formally extended for three months. According to a source of the Public Ministry in Lisbon, the new period starts after next Thursday, fifteen May, the day or the investigation file could have become accessible.

Madeleine McCann has disappeared on May 3, 2007 and the investigation continues into the hands of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Judicial Police (PJ) in Portimão or inspectors are ready to move forward with new diligence.

The PJ is still awaiting the return to Portugal by Kate and Gerry McCann, parents of the girl and arguidos in the investigation. The couple, according to his spokesman, refuses to make the return trip as their status arguidos not change. According to Clarence Mitchell, Kate and Gerry McCann did not see the usefulness of this diligence, a year after the disappearance.

The other arguido, the British Robert Murat, continues to Praia da Luz, or he was available to assist the authorities in any care that could help solving the mystery.

& the spin continues:

"Maddie is seen alive & well in Brazil"

http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12844

Related to mother's and their reactions to tragedies regarding their children:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7397767.stm

In the weeks following Yeremi's disappearance, his mother, Ithaisa Suarez, beside herself with grief and heavily sedated, was hardly in a fit state to give interviews anyway.

'An individual'

She has since forced herself to practise. She is kind and eager to do the right thing, but she obviously does not enjoy the attention.
And there is no trace of performance in the way she talks about the pain of the last 14 months, shows the photographs of Yeremi that are everywhere in the cramped flat she shares with her parents, sister and youngest son or in how she relates, sometimes tearfully, little details about him.

The police tell us there is a 50/50 chance he is still alive. That might sound bad, but it is enough for us, to give us something to cling to.

"He was a cheerful soul", she tells me, "but painfully shy with strangers."
"He was a bit of an individual. He always preferred fresh vegetables to sweets. His favourite was Brussels sprouts."

<continues>

I know sooooo much more about little Yeremi (bless his soul) than about Maddie. It is quite amazing, the difference in how their mother's speak about them. This story is absolutely heartbreaking....God bless you Ithaisa, and keep you close. And please bring Yeremi home.

Some good news, looks like it's not over yet!

http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/archive/200 ... -mois.html

Google Translation

Maddie: Secret of Justice extended for 3 months
The period of secrecy of Justice investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is formally extended for three months. According to a source of the Public Ministry in Lisbon, the new period starts after next Thursday, fifteen May, the day or the investigation file could have become accessible.

Madeleine McCann has disappeared on May 3, 2007 and the investigation continues into the hands of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Judicial Police (PJ) in Portimão or inspectors are ready to move forward with new diligence.

The PJ is still awaiting the return to Portugal by Kate and Gerry McCann, parents of the girl and arguidos in the investigation. The couple, according to his spokesman, refuses to make the return trip as their status arguidos not change. According to Clarence Mitchell, Kate and Gerry McCann did not see the usefulness of this diligence, a year after the disappearance.

The other arguido, the British Robert Murat, continues to Praia da Luz, or he was available to assist the authorities in any care that could help solving the mystery.

& the spin continues:

"Maddie is seen alive & well in Brazil"

http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12844

This can't be, I thought all the British accounts were that the McCanns were two seconds from having that status lifted....Right? Looks like the Portuguese police were not so ready to close the investigation as all the news reports said.

Oh for God's sake April IT IS FACT! Are you keeping up with this case or just arguing for the sake of arguing?
If anyone can provide the link to the article I would be obliged as in a nutshell, I couldn't be bothered to look for it! Not worth it as April will have another "simple explanation" for it! FACT: Madeleine hid in the bushes outside the apartment with Kate calling her name for half an hour!
Oh for gods sake doesn't make it fact Barnaby.

Is this, taken from the article IW posted below....what you call fact Barnaby?
In a further twist, locals now claim that Madeleine did not always settle well. One evening they allege she ran away into the paths between the apartments, hiding for half an hour when it was time for bed.
Just more of the same IMO Barnaby...Rumours

Contrary to what you see I see two parents who were not upset at the time & are certainly not upset now! A pathentic attempt at screwing up her face & wiping an imaginary tear from her eye doesn't do it for me! I have NEVER seen real tears form either of these two!
Your opinion!!

Oh for gods sake doesn't make it fact Barnaby.

Is this, taken from the article IW posted below....what you call fact Barnaby?
In a further twist, locals now claim that Madeleine did not always settle well. One evening they allege she ran away into the paths between the apartments, hiding for half an hour when it was time for bed.
Just more of the same IMO Barnaby...Rumours

Your opinion!!

Give it a rest April, go argue with someone else please, with all due respect, this is becoming tiresome!

:rolleyes::doh:

april4sky wrote: "I see a couple who have and are suffering greatly, and I don't know how anyone can have watched the recent ITV documentary and not see and feel it".

REPLY: Whenever I see the McCanns, I see a consummate actor and actress - aided and abetted by top class PR advice. The suffering that we see occasionally is IMO caused by their fear of detection

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your reply is your opinion. We all have them, and are all entitled to them.
No worries so long as we all remember that opinions are not evidence.

Give it a rest April, go argue with someone else please, with all due respect, this is becoming tiresome!

:rolleyes::doh:
Barnaby I have as much right to be here as you do. Just because I refuse to agree with you is no excuse to be so uncivil. :mad:

Believe me you will not drive me away. That will be either a mods decision if I break the rules...or mine.

As for arguing..You chose to answer my post:waitasec:...IMO the incivility is just an excuse because what you claimed as fact was...in fact... just one more rumour.

So then, if the locals made it up, why would they make up some story about Madeleine running away?

It's either true or made up, and if it's made up, the question has to be why. It seems like an odd kind of story to make up. Far more likely to get lots of attention would be stories seeing the missing child and her family, as the restaurant owner did.

Okay guys - no fighting. Its important that we have different points of view. It reminds us to look at why we think one way or another. As Tony said in his reply to InterestedWoman regarding the premediation and/or autisim issue, it helped him to understand why he did not think it was premeditated.

As much as most of us believe the McCanns are guilty, it is good for us to hear that others don't think so because it helps us reflect on why we think they (the McCanns) are and gives us the chance to take another look at our analysis to ensure it is based on something besides a dislike of the McCanns.

We don't want to be a lynch mob. We want justice and peace for Maddie. That's why we are here and no matter what we think of the McCanns, we all want the same thing, right?

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Salem

Okay guys - no fighting. Its important that we have different points of view. It reminds us to look at why we think one way or another. As Tony said in his reply to InterestedWoman regarding the premediation and/or autisim issue, it helped him to understand why he did not think it was premeditated.

As much as most of us believe the McCanns are guilty, it is good for us to hear that others don't think so because it helps us reflect on why we think they (the McCanns) are and gives us the chance to take another look at our analysis to ensure it is based on something besides a dislike of the McCanns.

We don't want to be a lynch mob. We want justice and peace for Maddie. That's why we are here and no matter what we think of the McCanns, we all want the same thing, right?

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Salem
Well said Salem. :blowkiss:
Hopefully we can all agree we want truth and justice.
And to get real justice we need to know the real truth no matter what that may be.

So then, if the locals made it up, why would they make up some story about Madeleine running away?

It's either true or made up, and if it's made up, the question has to be why. It seems like an odd kind of story to make up. Far more likely to get lots of attention would be stories seeing the missing child and her family, as the restaurant owner did.
Who knows Texana, but it wouldn't be the first time the "press" have made something up.
How many times have we seen that the so called information has come from a source, friend, insider etc.:waitasec:...When they have a genuine source they name them..so I doubt this particular local exists.

I would also like to know April why you continue to press your case.
I find this a very strange question colomom:waitasec:
Why would I not continue to press my case. I was under the impression my opinion is as valid as anyones.
And this case hasn't yet been solved, has it ?
Is it that you believe that you will change minds here?
I would be very surprised.
It is quite repetitive and redundant after all this time.
I could say the same about your views colomom.
Not that I am trying to discourage you from posting,
No? Your post doesn't feel very welcoming.:waitasec:
I would just think that your thoughts might be better received by like-minded folks.
Now if that isn't a brush off I really don't know what is. :rolleyes:
Sometimes it feels as if you are trying to create dissension.
Just because I don't agree with you? we don't all have to agree you know. And sometimes it feels as though I am being ganged up on. :rolleyes:
Just saying, you are free to do whatever you'd like, of course.
Oh I hear what you are saying...and thank you for recognising that I have a right to be here too. :)

Who knows Texana, but it wouldn't be the first time the "press" have made something up.
How many times have we seen that the so called information has come from a source, friend, insider etc.:waitasec:...When they have a genuine source they name them..so I doubt this particular local exists.

Most of those stories naming a "family friend" as the source were in the British media and were very sympathetic to the McCanns. It would be wonderful if the sources for every article or comment were named.

Here's one right here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1564621/Kate-McCann-will-risk-jail-to-find-Madeleine.html

Most of those stories naming a "family friend" as the source were in the British media and were very sympathetic to the McCanns. It would be wonderful if the sources for every article or comment were named.

Here's one right here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1564621/Kate-McCann-will-risk-jail-to-find-Madeleine.html

Kate willing to risk jail! What a heart rending & noble gesture :clap: knowing that she will never set foot in Portugal again not even to take part in a reconstruction to help find her daughter! WHAT A DISGUSTING JOKE THESE PEOPLE ARE!

Barnaby I have as much right to be here as you do. Just because I refuse to agree with you is no excuse to be so uncivil. :mad:

Believe me you will not drive me away. That will be either a mods decision if I break the rules...or mine.

As for arguing..You chose to answer my post:waitasec:...IMO the incivility is just an excuse because what you claimed as fact was...in fact... just one more rumour.

Have no fear, I won't be answering your posts again! Better not to give you the satisfaction of an argument as I feel that is all you are here for!

Just wondering, is there any media reports, (besides the 100's of Madeleine sightings) that have been proven false? Seems strange that I never hear/see any of the rumors PROVEN false. What has been said about the McCanns in the Media that are blatant proven lies? Do you know? :waitasec:

Here's one right here:

All the press do it Texana not just the British press. It's a very competitive business and they are usually under pressure to get a story for their most important thing...Sales!!
Sales is often more important to them than truth. So if they haven't got a story they will make one up and add the word source, friend, local, or PJ insider etc. to make it sound true. It's all the same to them. They just pick the most convenient one to fit their story.

All the press do it Texana not just the British press. It's a very competitive business and they are usually under pressure to get a story for their most important thing...Sales!!
Sales is often more important to them than truth. So if they haven't got a story they will make one up and add the word source, friend, local, or PJ insider etc. to make it sound true. It's all the same to them. They just pick the most convenient one to fit their story.

No, that wasn't what I meant. I meant that the McCanns often use the "family friend" as the source, and we really don't know who/what that friend is.

It's very common in all fields for reporters to use inside sources who will give quotes as long as they aren't named specifically. They either call or know the inside sources directly or it's set up by someone like Clarence Mitchell who coordinates these things, either officially ("I can get you an interview with a McCann relative if you promise not to use names") or unofficially "I think if you give so-and-so a call, you'll find they have some information for you on that subject."

It's not just a game, it's a tool for people to get their views across in whatever way works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member