Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do wish everyone could see the photo I had and the photo in this book. The mother as well--when I say it looked as if she had aged twenty years, I am not exaggerating. I would have not recognized her, or worse--I would have mistaken her for her own mother.

The biggest red flag was right there in the beginning. When Gerry keeps mentioning the distance and it is not only a little bit "off--" it is THREE TIMES the distance he says--why does he keep doing that?

No one has offered a credible explanation of that.

He's a doctor, he has scientific training. As part of his job he regularly gives measurements and estimates. So why is he so terribly, terribly off this time? And why does he stick with it for months and months--to this day repeating it? Did he really think being able to view perhaps the roof of the building his children were in, was the same as being close?

It is either a deliberate lie, or a defensive lie, or he is a clueless idiot. (and that's hardest to believe.)

What's the name of the book Tex??

Cold Storage.

It is a very strange experience to read about people you know in something like this. They are and were, a wonderful family and their church community was an inspiration to all, as well as law enforcement.

Urban Cowboy is/was a movie from the 80's, with John Travolta, about a big dance hall/concert place/bar in Pasadena, Texas. The oil boom of the 80's brought a lot of wanna be cowboys there. The girls would wear cowboy hats and halter tops and tight jeans. So you see how that would look on a little girl of about 11 or 12. (Some variation of that is probably still in style.)
Of course lol thanks Tex; appreciate that. I still want to know; where are her clothes from the infamous last photo by the pool. Period, for me it comes down to that pink top where is it? Does LE have it? who knows, but I can only hope they do. Since they swear she was abducted, then they must have those last clothes she was in; for me there are too many mcCuses, and the giving of her sandals to her sister, always bothered me. It would be one of those things, that most mothers, would probably set away, barely to ever touch or look at the last shoes she evr walked in....you know...
She's always in our thoughts here.
Ct

No normal mother could lie in the sun and tan during an investigation or jog for that matter, and I say this because it's what I believe. It feels TOO GOOD to TAN, too GOOD to stay FIT, and when you are heartbroken, those are usually the things furthest from your mind. i've never believed in KM or GM, and i believe it's a case of child abuse, and then after her death, of course, fraud and embezzlement of the public for profit. The wider agenda, persay. I've always believed that, and until she walks into a room alive for the world to see, I will always believe it. The McCamp have had so many chances to show the world, the truth. They have chosen NOT TO, and in a sense, to with hold all info regarding her last hours, for a year. Unacceptable in every sense of the word.
I believe even if no charges are ever brought, they will receive their just reward, one way or another. And maybe already have begun to in many many ways. KM complaining about being in public with her twins and being afraid every time they cried or got out of line, showed me just how insecure she is as a parent, GP or not. And I too; have waited for the day that SOME ONE ANY ONE came fwd and said "oh I've known them for years, they treated me, I was their patient, they are good ppl, etc etc." I"m so sorry but that has never happened. I too believe wholeheartedly in Mrs Fenns statements.
On a lighter note, (smiles) I remember Mrs Fenns painted rock by her door, I was wishing or hoping she would hide it as it would be taken by "tourists" or freaks and lookyloos lurking about PDL. I liked her rock.

What's the name of the book Tex??
Oh colo mom thanks again for the pm and source of photo. I've just put in an email thru you tube, because the source of that video is a 15 yr old, who has madel photos cropped all over her background page to her site.....
Not someone who has yrs of photog exp; you know? i'm going to take that photo still with a grain of salt, no worries again and thanks for posting and for the message. I will let you know what she says about the source of that photo. It's certainly not a photo that I saw circulated with this case, we can ask Jelliebean or other oldbies too that have been around forever and a day....I would ask my best photoshop bud but she is grieving at the moment and not posting often....she has all of the photos published in this case as well.

Did anyone here ever see the photo of GM walking on the beach with the suitcase early in the investigation? We did, had long discussions about IT too; but that was one photo we could not dig up. The wider agenda photo, was one that we all felt was GM in his true colors. Some thnk John Walsh wannabe, others, just some form of horrible greed. I had hoped for answers about this chld so early on, I still remember the map; and how certain we all were, that that map would lead them right to her body.....and after that the "madel sightings" started to really pick up. Take care and have a great weekend all.
CT

snipping for space
The biggest red flag was right there in the beginning. When Gerry keeps mentioning the distance and it is not only a little bit "off--" it is THREE TIMES the distance he says--why does he keep doing that?

He's a doctor, he has scientific training. As part of his job he regularly gives measurements and estimates. So why is he so terribly, terribly off this time? And why does he stick with it for months and months--to this day repeating it? Did he really think being able to view perhaps the roof of the building his children were in, was the same as being close?

It is either a deliberate lie, or a defensive lie, or he is a clueless idiot. (and that's hardest to believe.)

And yet he knows the door was at a 45 degree angle, then moved to 60 degrees and he put it back to 45 degrees. Does that mean he knows his measurements when it is to his benefit, but forgets them when it is not?

Salem

And Tex - I'm sorry about your friend.

I really do wish everyone could see the photo I had and the photo in this book. The mother as well--when I say it looked as if she had aged twenty years, I am not exaggerating. I would have not recognized her, or worse--I would have mistaken her for her own mother.

No one has offered a credible explanation of that.

I know a lady here Texana who lost her teenage son in a car crash a few years back. She was an extremely attractive woman, always well dressed, make up etc. Since the accident she is a completely different person, on one occasion I had to ask my daughter who was that who just said "Hello" Her face has changed so horribly, almost beyond recognition, her eyes no longer smile, still clean & tidy but no make up & always dark clothes! I never realised that grief was actually perceivable in someone's face but it sure is.

So sorry this happened to your friend, what a dreadful tragedy!

Or the photo shows that someone has been messing around with digital photos of Madeleine, which is obviously an odd thing in itself.

On another forum someone suggested that the false arm with the ice cream cone was inserted to cover bruising on Madeleines arm. That is a real possibility!

I took some pictures of my kids at various school functions last week and afterward I was photoshopping some of their pictures on my computer before sending them out to relatives, cropping them to make them smaller and even taking out some of the eyeshine to remove redness, etc. I also had to remove a wrong time stamp on some of them because I forgot to set the date. I think those are valid reasons for editing pictures. What I don't understand is how much editing is done on some of Maddie's pictures.

So I thought I would look at this weird Maddie photo with the ice cream cone.

I believe someone has done alot of work on it, and not very elegantly. Who knows why? I don't believe the hand has been photoshopped, but her fingers are curled, like any child would curl their fingers. To me, the reason it looks so weird is that the finger part isn't as dark in resolution as the part between the arm and the ice cream cone. That's the weird part. They've edited out part of the arm to make it much too thin. You can see the elbow down below, and where the arm should be above it is cut out of the picture.

Maddie-weirdphoto-small.jpg

Whoever worked on this photo seemed to be highlighting the ice cream instead of the child - just weird. So I put this in Paint and circled the places where I believe they've added some darkness to "accent" the picture, only they've overdone it. I think the ear has been edited with a dark line underneath, as well as streaks in the hair. Her eye is much too dark and uniformly colored. The ice cream is also too uniformly white, and has been enhanced to appear bigger than it actually was (if Maddie ever held it at all).

Forgot to add: I also agree that the arm holding the ice cream appears disconnected from the rest of the arm. I can't explain that at all, but it's just one more mystery photo.

Why would Maddie have been eating a lollipop and an ice cream at the same time? I don't get it. :waitasec: Or is that a spoon in her mouth?

snipping for space

And yet he knows the door was at a 45 degree angle, then moved to 60 degrees and he put it back to 45 degrees. Does that mean he knows his measurements when it is to his benefit, but forgets them when it is not?

Salem

And Tex - I'm sorry about your friend.

EXACTLY! The door wasn't open a little bit and then more and then shut, it was precisely. He didn't say that the apartment was just a short walk away (although he did give the completely false metaphor of it being "like dining in your garden") he gave it as--15 yards? (I just sat through two video clip interviews but they were wrong ones, so if I have that number wrong please correct me.)

Forgot to add: I also agree that the arm holding the ice cream appears disconnected from the rest of the arm. I can't explain that at all, but it's just one more mystery photo.

Why would Maddie have been eating a lollipop and an ice cream at the same time? I don't get it. :waitasec: Or is that a spoon in her mouth?

ThoughtFox, the thing that occured to me was the way Madeleine is actally holding the cone in the picture. In my experience, a 3 year old child wouldn't be able to balance a cone of that size without it falling over due to it's weight ( having such small hands) .
I would have thought a small child would hold the cone half way up in the thick part of the middle.
Maybe she is eating a lollipop , (it sure looks like one to me) as you spotted and the cone has been added later . If so, maybe Madeleine was holding a toy, perhaps cuddlecat...or something else.
Just a thought, what do you think?

I agree, the eyes look to me as if they have definately been touched up, somewhat badly.

I agree with this without going back to re-view the video or any media links. This is why I believe Mrs. Fenn. She had recently had someone try to break into her apartment when her granddaughter was staying with her. She heard Maddie crying, she complained to MW, MW recommended that the McCanns NOT leave the children alone again and warned the McCanns about possible burglars. Mrs. Fenn said she gave her statement to the police and that she would NOT talk to the media. So after initial reports were made and when the media tried to sensationalize her statements, she told the media to jump in the lake, basically.:rolleyes: My opinion is that to understand what happened with Mrs. Fenn, you must start with the first media report that alludes to her, and follow them through to this point where she says enough, back off and leave me alone.

I think this is typical of many of the media reports. You have to be selective of which articles to put stock in. The Portugese paper SOL is, in my opinion, the ONLY paper to take an HONEST look at what was happening in the beginning.

The English papers did nothing in the beginning except tell us the McCanns were wonderful people and doctors. It was public outcry about the lack of "investigative" and OBJECTIVE reporting that sent the British papers into a tail spin. AND then, they still could not do their jobs with any amount of credibility. Those papers just started printing garbage, basically. Not a one of those journalists took a real look at what was happening, what the facts were and printed an objective, reasoned report. They all went with the sensationalism. Popular media at its worst. I put very little stock in any of the British media reports. I personally think those papers could not investigative or objectively report on anything. They are very sensationalized. I do read Skynews even though it is rumored the McCanns have connections with this media source.

This case is about reading all the media reports, except the Mail, and trying to discern what is real and what is made up and then trying to put the "real" pieces together to come up with a "picture."

My opinion does not change about Mrs. Fenn or about the McCanns.

Time is running. It won't be long now before we see movement or lack thereof. If the McCanns go back to Portugal at the end of this month for the reenactment, my opinion may weaken somewhat. If they don't go..... well, what can I say?

Salem

Hi Salem,
I want to thank you for the nice things you said yesterday. I did see your post and IMO you are a credit to Websleuths Salem :blowkiss: and show us the way it should be done. :)

Back to Madeleine.
As for Mrs Fenn we will have to wait to know the whole truth.
The reports that she complained to MW about crying and MW then recommended the McCanns not to leave the children. Also supposedly warning them of the attempted burglary.
I have no idea if any of this is anything other than rumour.
I suspect it is as not just the McCanns but also their friends still did their own baby listening.
I really don't see that happening if they had been warned....particularly about the burglary.

As for the press, the Portuguese press are just as guilty of printing leaks, inuendo and nasty rumours as the UK press IMO.
Sales is their God too. :rolleyes:
The leaks from the PJ were printed in the Portuguese press and then picked up and run with by the UK press.
They are both guilty of printing garbage and are just as bad as each other. IMO

...snipped for space...

So I thought I would look at this weird Maddie photo with the ice cream cone.

I believe someone has done alot of work on it, and not very elegantly. Who knows why? I don't believe the hand has been photoshopped, but her fingers are curled, like any child would curl their fingers. To me, the reason it looks so weird is that the finger part isn't as dark in resolution as the part between the arm and the ice cream cone. That's the weird part. They've edited out part of the arm to make it much too thin. You can see the elbow down below, and where the arm should be above it is cut out of the picture.

Maddie-weirdphoto-small.jpg

Whoever worked on this photo seemed to be highlighting the ice cream instead of the child - just weird. So I put this in Paint and circled the places where I believe they've added some darkness to "accent" the picture, only they've overdone it. I think the ear has been edited with a dark line underneath, as well as streaks in the hair. Her eye is much too dark and uniformly colored. The ice cream is also too uniformly white, and has been enhanced to appear bigger than it actually was (if Maddie ever held it at all).

In my humble oppenion, it looks like Maddies left arm is hanging down to her side and there is someone (another child?) standing behind her with their arm reaching around (and under Maddie's arm) holding the ice cream cone. If you look a few inches up the forearm of the ice cream arm, there appears to be part of a sleeve, that doesn't match Maddie's sleeveless dress. If this is a class of soft child *advertiser censored*, then there is another child involved...I wonder who?

http://prisonersvoice.blogspot.com/2008/05/mccanns-its-time-they-faced-music.html

Sunday, May 18, 2008
McCanns: It's time they faced the music

It's being reported in the People that Gerry and Kate McCann are refusing the PJ request to return to Portugal to take part in a Crime Watch style reconstruction.

This is, according to the People, what unnamed sources close to the McCanns are saying.

However, "They're still considering what to do", Clarence Mitchell is reported as saying.

Apparently, the McCanns fear that if they return to Portugal they will be charged with child neglect.

Personally, I think the McCanns should be charged with neglecting their children. For a few days, now, I have been playing and replaying an interview they did with Sky TV. It is obvious that both the McCanns were upset with the question why did they leave their children unsupervised whilst they went out drinking and for a meal. Their long winded replies amount to because they felt it was safe.

I have never thought that that explanation was good enough. Certainly, it is not good enough for a professional, middle-class, couple who claim to be responsible parents. In my view, responsible parents would not have believed it was safe. And, the comments I receive on this blog from parents and grandparents say the same. But, the McCanns claim that they have received support from hundreds, thousands, who say they also leave their children unsupervised in such circumstances. Is this just another example of the McCanns lying, or are there really so many out there who neglect their very young children? Perhaps, the McCanns would like to show the public all these messages of support for child neglect? Because I cannot find any such support on the internet which claims it is safe to leave children under 4 unsupervised.

The McCanns did flee from Portugal rather quickly after they had been made suspects, and before the PJ could finish questioning them.

From the outset, the McCanns expressed the view that first the police and then the PJ did not do enough to search for Madeleine. By this they mean that the police and PJ were suspicious of the McCanns claim that Madeleine had been abducted. I am equally suspicious of the McCanns versions of events.

I feel that the McCanns should return to Portugal and if they get arrested and charged with child neglect, so be it. It's what they deserve. As much as the McCanns are fed up with hearing the same question, 'why did they leave their children unsupervised?', I am more fed up with hearing their pathetic responses which do not really answer the question. There is no getting away with their parental responsibilities any longer.

It's time they faced the music.

<continues>

Mrs. Fenn and her information have been discussed quite a bit. But the reports of another elderly British woman who gave information to PJ are seldom mentioned. I always assumed that this lady was Dianne Not Really Elderly Webster, who would have been more likely to have observed the family than any other elders who might have been there.

Yes, and before the McCann's "amen corner" chimes in, these are only reports from a Portugese newspaper, the accuracy of which may rightly be disregarded, but the stories are out there, and they fit in with other stories from various sources.

As far as I know, these are the only two references to the second British senior.

Here's one of our diligent Colomom's posts from 9/10/:

http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia...dCanal=181&p=0

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com...386581&page=25 post #366

Madeleine McCann case
PJ believes Kate killed her daughter

Madeleine McCann case

Madeleine may have been assaulted. But she could also have died because of an accident, after having been sedated to sleep. This is the Policia Judiciaria’s conviction, as they believe that Kate killed Maddie, either accidentally or in a conscious form. There are no certainties, just clues that point to the child’s mother. For her behaviour, for the way she acted about her daughter’s disappearance, for the cadaver smells and forensic evidence that were collected by scientific police.

Kate presented herself at Policia Judiciaria on Thursday, visibly out of control. Police forces that were contacted by CM say she had several hysterical reactions during the more than 13 hours of interrogation. And she refused to answer many questions. She did not explain the blood that was found in the car, she did not answer whether she slapped her daughter in the face. And she didn’t even clearly confirm if she sedated the children.

Only the facts are certainties for the PJ. And those facts revealed it was Kate who usually took care of the children, putting them to bed regularly, while Gerry played tennis or rested by the pool. The deposition of the senior British citizen (Pamela Fenn), who occupied an apartment on the floor above the one that was used by the McCanns, also indicates that Kate sometimes became violent. She lost control, and it was easy to hear the girl’s screams, calling out for her father. Another witness, also a British citizen, refers the same scenario. Kate seemed to have moments of aggression towards her children, while the father, although more absent, revealed more emotional control.

(snip)

And on 9/8, also from Colomom.

in Correio da Manha Sept 8:

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com...386581&page=24 post #348

Madeleine McCann case: Blood traces in car are decisive
Suspected of killing and hiding Maddie

Kate and Gerry are formally suspected of killing Madeleine and hiding her body. The blood that was found in the couple’s car, which was rented only 25 days after the girl went missing, change the whole scenario. The Policia Judiciaria are now convinced that the parents killed the child, hid the body and then simulated the abduction.

Gerry and Kate deny this and consider the accusations “absurd”. But they fail to contradict the chain of evidence, although circumstantial, that the police has gathered over the last weeks. Everything points at the death of the child inside the apartment, and the fact that the cadaver was successively moved. This could explain the existence of Maddie’s blood in the car, which could have been obtained by contamination, for example from clothes that the child could have been wearing the moment she died.

Yet, without finding the body, it will be difficult for the authorities to advance other coercion measures. They want to avoid a repetition of the Joana case, and the amount of criticism and even suspicions that was raised at that time. The fact that these are two British citizens also lead the Policia Judiciaria into actions of more restraint. The diligences are preceded by great caution, in order not to hurt “international susceptibilities”.

Suspicious behaviour

On the night of May 3, Kate called British television Sky News first, and only after that did she call the police. Furthermore, upon noticing that her 3-year old daughter was missing, Kate closed the apartment door and returned to the restaurant where her friends were. She left the small children alone again, in order to tell the British that her daughter had disappeared. The reports made to police by several witnesses mention no distraught screams or immediate calls for help.

As CM could further discover, there are at least two witnesses that indicate there was neglect from Kate towards her children. One of them is the English woman who lives in a neighboring apartment, who guarantees she heard the child screaming days earlier, calling out for her father. The second witness is another elderly woman, who says she saw Kate behaving in a way that raised suspicions about her performance.

(snip)

Hi Morag! It is nice to see you!

Thank you for reminding us of the other "eldery" woman. I had forgotten about her. For some reason, I thought she was a friend of Mrs. Fenn's. I have NO idea why I thought that, especially after re-reading the articles. It does not imply that the two ladies knew each other at all.

I wonder if it is Ms. Webster. We have not heard much about her. She definitely faded into the background very quickly. Interesting.....

Salem

Mrs. Fenn and her information have been discussed quite a bit. But the reports of another elderly British woman who gave information to PJ are seldom mentioned. I always assumed that this lady was Dianne Not Really Elderly Webster, who would have been more likely to have observed the family than any other elders who might have been there.

Yes, and before the McCann's "amen corner" chimes in, these are only reports from a Portugese newspaper, the accuracy of which may rightly be disregarded, but the stories are out there, and they fit in with other stories from various sources.

As far as I know, these are the only two references to the second British senior.

Here's one of our diligent Colomom's posts from 9/10/:

Madeleine McCann case

Madeleine McCann case

(snip)

And on 9/8, also from Colomom.

in Correio da Manha Sept 8:

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com...386581&page=24 post #348

Madeleine McCann case: Blood traces in car are decisive
Suspected of killing and hiding Maddie

(snip)

Hi Morag!!

Nice to see you again, it has been awhile.

Just wanted to add a link to a post I made awhile ago (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1673655&postcount=77) which gives us some opinion on Correio da Manha's reputation.

"At the center of the scale, there are dailys Diario de Noticias, Jornal de Noticias and Correio da Manha. CM is the most sold daily newspaper in Portugal. It is usually a bit 'popular' in a sense that it does cater for the 'masses', but they have built a reputation, over recent years, of having good police sources."

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Snagged from 3A's (http://the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12914&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

This what you are being asked to believe....

What are the odds of the abduction of a child in the Iberian Peninsula?

Chances of an abductor doing a practice run the night before?

Chances that Kate McCann was involved with 6 bodies in the week before the holiday?

The chances of an abduction at night from a holiday apartment in Portugal?

What are the chances of a modern police force with access to forensic evidence suspecting the wrong people?

What are the chances of an abductor leaving no forensic evidence two nights in a row?

What are the chance of people who leave children alone in an apartment leaving doors unlocked, but forgetting they had when the issue of the abductor's entry is first raised?

Chances of turning down the resort's maid service the same day of your child's abduction?

Chances of turning down the resort's offer of a free babysitter the same day of your child's abduction?

chances of ANYONE leaving their child again when you know they were crying when you left them the previous night?

What are the chances of your almost 4 year old daughter stating that she had "the best day ever " 3 hours before she disappears?

What are the odds that the McCanns and all of their seven friends were not wearing watches? or had their moiles with them?

What are the chances of the Portuguese police offering a "deal" which would be impossible under Portuguese Law?

The chances of Eddie and Keela making a mistake?

What are the chances of a key witness, a close friend of the suspects, having lied in key testimony but NOT in cahoots with the suspects?

What are the chances of having your wallet, sports bag oh and your child, all stolen? - all in seperate incidents? Not to mention a mysteriously disappearing buggy.

What's the odds on getting a backer worth 350 million who offers a Government employee a job as your spokesman?

Chances of hiding behind a door that opens against a wall?

Chances of an abductor making his getaway on foot, carrying a sleeping child in pyjamas (not suspicious at all, happens all the time)?

Chances of entering an apartment through the door - with a key - and exiting through the window - I'm sparing you the details of the (impossible) window exit?

What's the odds on an innocent parent refusing to help the investigating police by answering questions and taking part in a reconstruction?

What are the odds of her being taken in the ONLY 5 minute window of opportunity when there was nobody checking (As stated by Gerry)?

....By an Abductor/Predator who then hovers by waiting for his 5 minute opportunity yet then decides to walk straight past the top of the road in full view 'Striding purposefully' in front of Jane Tanner?...

.....Who can see a small print pattern on PJ's from xx amount of feet away from her that I couldnt even make out when shown the print close up on TV?...

What's the odds of Jane Tanner having eyes in the back of her head?.....If she saw him as she was heading to the Tapas Bar...?

the odds of a mother who said she did not disturb evidence and knew the "abductor" had moved cuddle cat ,actually holding it washing it when that could have had the "abductors" prints on or dna?

What are the odds of the PJ not finding any prints of the twins or Madeleine?

What are the chances that, when someone in the group is asked to phone the police at 10.15pm but the police say the first call came in at 10.40pm, that its just a misunderstanding?

What are the chances that the parents of an abducted child keep forgetting to mention the &#163;2m reward for her safe return during their TV appeals?

Two country's police forces..
Ex Sas officers..
30 private detectives..
The backing of a raft of millionaires..
Government intervention..
A blessing by the Holy Father..
A &#163;2m reward..
An unprecedented 'awareness' campaign..
A &#163;1m 'fighting fund' donated by the public..
The unstinting support of the British media..
Interpol..
The interest of the European parliament..
The recognition of White House officials..
The world's best sniffer dogs..
The world's most respected forensic scientists ..

... and still not a single lead ! ... still not a single clue turned up to support the abductor theory !

What are the odds on THAT ?

ANSWER = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1

makes you wonder.....

......justice for madeleine.......

Texana wrote: "EXACTLY! The door wasn't open a little bit and then more and then shut, it was precisely. He didn't say that the apartment was just a short walk away (although he did give the completely false metaphor of it being 'like dining in your garden') he gave it as - 50 yards?"

REPLY: You were referring to Gerry McCann noticing (cough) that the door to the children's room was 60 degrees not 45 degrees. But you forgot something! Matthew Oldfield reported on his visit (cough) that he nearly closed the door to the room leaving it 5 degrees ajar.

Clarence Mitchell said recently that 'The Tapas 9' didn't have watches or mobile 'phones on them on the evening of May 3rd (cough), though somehow they were able to check exactly half-hourly (cough) and apparently Gerry sent or made 14 text messages or calls on his mobile that evening.

Yet they must all have been carrying around their protractors!!

And remember Gerry McCann's repeated outrage at the Portuguese police saying that the mystery abductor was 5' 9" or 5' 10", not 5' 7", which apparently all arose from whether the abductor was supposed to be 170 or 175cm tall!

This quote of the McCanns: "It was just like dining in our back garden" might be better understood if the McCanns had said '150 feet' instead of 50 yards. I'm pretty sure that fewer than 5% of Brits have a garden longer than 100 feet; ours is just 60.

The actual walking distance back to the apartment appears to have been at least 100 yards.

Say '300 feet' and nearly all Brits would immediately realise it was nothing like dining in your back garden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member