Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little more info, I wasn't aware of

SM was also employed as a ‘trip organiser’ by the ‘Corlett Lines Company’ who owned a yacht, the ‘Naomi Corlett’. It was reported that this yacht left Portimao in the early afternoon of 3 May 2007 and headed towards the marina in Lagos, near Praia da Luz. AFAIK this account was never confirmed.

SM was reported as using several different aliases: Nick Legaloff, Nikolai Fedorenko, Ivan Nikolayevich Petrov, and maybe others.

What’s he doing these days?

Although he reportedly vanished from Praia da Luz soon after he was questioned, it seems he returned soon afterwards.

It seems SM is now living a quiet life with his wife and family after winning compensation and an apology for libelous reports about his alleged involvement in the MM case.

Madeleine McCann: Suspect Robert Murat settles libel claim

I think I can see things here in road's van pic.

Red square: a house? (on top of some hill or something high).

Black square: top of an aqueduct or water spring?

upload_2020-7-27_12-14-7-png.257143

I think I can see things here in road's van pic.

Red square: a house? (on top of some hill or something high).

Black square: top of an aqueduct or water spring?

upload_2020-7-27_12-14-7-png.257143

I hope there aren't as many aqueducts in the Algarve as wells or phone masts :eek:

ADMIN NOTE:

A reminder that rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not allowed at Websleuths.

It is one thing for a member to make a mistake, but members who knowingly and repeatedly disregard this policy, just because they want to discuss what they want to discuss, face a loss of posting privileges.

I hope there aren't as many aqueducts in the Algarve as wells or phone masts :eek:

I'll investigate that. Wells outnumber by and large anything else.

Do you think that can be a house or it's my illusion, Ted?

Could be a medium sized house imo

Problem is that I can see some more buildings behind trees and I can't be sure that's not an illusion.

But that thing on right really looks some sort of housing in aqueducts and water springs.

The houses and buildings I see are all white with black roofs, some 2-3 floors. That looks like some medieval village from Central Europe, more probably Germany.

So the mast ping does not even place CB in PdL necessarily?

So the mast ping does not even place CB in PdL necessarily?
It places a pre-paid phone that CB was known to have used in 2007 in PDL, just prior to the abduction. Where did he tell police he was on that night when they questioned him in 2013? In PDL or somewhere else? It's just some of the million questions we don't know the answers to at this stage and I personally don't see any reason to read much into that.

Why would we be told what evidence German LE have right now? They have been appealing for the other phone number to confirm it was indeed CB on the phone, and have said if that happens, they have enough to proceed with a charge (although they would also like more evidence - to ensure conviction). IMO they have something major tying him to this crime, hence the very unusual way they've gone about insisting his guilt. They don't have a body or any forensics, so to insist his guilt they must have a lot more than hearsay, unfortunately to get a conviction you need forensics, a body or witnesses.

JMO but I think they have a video or witnesses to a video but that isn't enough to ensure a conviction against CB if he can't be identified in it.

It places a pre-paid phone that CB was known to have used in 2007 in PDL, just prior to the abduction. Where did he tell police he was on that night when they questioned him in 2013? In PDL or somewhere else? It's just some of the million questions we don't know the answers to at this stage and I personally don't see any reason to read much into that.

Why would we be told what evidence German LE have right now? They have been appealing for the other phone number to confirm it was indeed CB on the phone, and have said if that happens, they have enough to proceed with a charge (although they would also like more evidence - to ensure conviction). IMO they have something major tying him to this crime, hence the very unusual way they've gone about insisting his guilt. They don't have a body or any forensics, so to insist his guilt they must have a lot more than hearsay, unfortunately to get a conviction you need forensics, a body or witnesses.

JMO but I think they have a video or witnesses to a video but that isn't enough to ensure a conviction against CB if he can't be identified in it.
Yes I think it might be to help disprove an alibi, one which might have originally ruled him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdreamofJeannie