Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the German LE would want to show the parents the evidence for identification unless they are 100% sure it is Madeleine in the photo/video. I remember HCW saying he and the rest of those working on the case are 99% sure Madeleine is dead. I think they need something extra like clothing or parts of a body to confirm it is more than coincidence to have footage of a girl who looks very similar to Madeleine and supporting evidence that Madeleine and CB are linked. CB could say someone sent him that photo of a girl who appears to look like MM, but without a body they can’t prove it’s her.

I think BKA are treading a very thin rope.
If there is a pic or footage of MM being abused, then of course depending on the actual extent of the abuse, death could of course be inferred.
The fact is that the MC's will not accept that MM is dead, they have made clear that they believe that MM is alive, unless proven otherwise.
They would need her body for proof.
This isn't a criticism of the MC's, they must have hope and many other parents in this position would feel the same.
Here's where the dilemma lies, if HCW asked MC's to identify MM in a video, their belief that she could still be alive, would not help a murder charge and could complicate the investigation further.
JMO

Last edited:
He videod himself committing horrific rapes - that we know. So we know he does record his acts. He has also recorded himself abusing his ex girlfriends child.

It is incredibly upsetting to say this but is it possible that he also recorded himself abusing a child and death resulting?

Yes.

If there is a pic or footage of MM being abused, then of course depending on the actual extent of the abuse, death could of course be inferred.
The fact is that the MC's will not accept that MM is dead, they have made clear that they believe that MM is alive, unless proven otherwise.
This isn't a criticism of the MC's, they must have hope and many other parents in this position would feel the same.
Here's where the dilemma lies, if HCW asked MC's to identify MM in a video, their belief that she could still be alive, would not help a murder charge and complicate the investigation further.
JMO

If Herr Wolters eventually joins all pieces from puzzle and then they say they aren't sure that's their daughter, then that's a shipwreck.

If Herr Wolters eventually joins all pieces from puzzle and then they say they aren't sure that's their daughter, then that's a shipwreck.
I thinks the MCs have dealt with all this by telling themselves as there’s no proof, there’s no point in getting upset. They will face a hard reality when proof is presented.

Here's where the dilemma lies, if HCW asked MC's to identify MM in a video, their belief that she could still be alive, would not help a murder charge and could complicate the investigation further.
JMO
Not sure if it's true the parents would not accept MM was dead without a body. Of course they live in hope, but I think in reality (irrespective of this case) if compelling evidence was presented they would accept it.

And I don't think the prosecutors require them to identify their daughter in a video, it's up to the Judge to decide if they believe it is her. Cases use video evidence all the time to get convictions, and it doesn't require someone who knows the person in the video to confirm it's them.

Ultimately it comes down to how strong the evidence on the video is. Does it show her clearly, can you see her eye defect, a birth mark, the pyjamas she was wearing, does she speak, confirm her name, does it have a date/time stamp for the 3rd May?

I thinks the MCs have dealt with all this by telling themselves as there’s no proof, there’s no point in getting upset. They will face a hard reality when proof is presented.

Operation Grange is still investigating an abduction, BKA is investigating a murder.
This suggests BKA have shared no pics or evidence with OG or MC's.
This is what I don't understand.
The MC's have apparently received a letter that MM is dead.
So the MC's have to watch this soap opera until 2021 without word from BKA.
Why isn't OG investigating a murder?

JMO

Last edited:
Operation Grange is still investigating an abduction, BKA is investigating a murder.
This suggests BKA have shared no pics or evidence with OG or MC's.
This is what I don't understand.
The MC's have apparently received a letter that MM is dead.
So the MC's have to watch this soap opera until 2021 without word from BKA.
Why isn't OG investigating a murder?

JMO

Why should BKA/Prosecuters do that, whilst being in charge of the actual investigation against a german citizen, living in germany?

If they need support from OG/MET, they will make an appeal.

Last edited:
Because the German citizen has not yet been tried and sentenced. Not even charged. So the show, oop investigation, must go on.

Why should BKA/Prosecuters do that, whilst being in charge of the actual investigation against a german citizen, living in germany?

If they need support from OG/MET, they will make an appeal.

My question was regarding why OG is still investigating an abduction.
Why can't both LE sing from the same Hymn sheet?

Maybe Germans wouldn't appreciate very much to hearDeutschlandlied sung with Oxford accent...

My question was regarding OG still investigating an abduction.
Why can't both LE sing from the same Hymn sheet?

Because the joint operation between three countries is nothing more and has been nothing more, than official assistance. As every other case would be.

If the prosecuters in charge, by now the german prosecuters in Braunschweig need support, they will ask the other countries L.E. for it.

Would there be some kind of pool or "sharepoint", no investigation across borders would be safe for keeping crucial info and investigations would be jeopardised all the time.

That wouldn't work.

And again, criminal investigation isn't just about sharing interesting info. If german prosecuters would be sure that a briton is a suspect, they would ask SY for getting info about, maybe by sharing some results. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe Germans wouldn't appreciate very much to hearDeutschlandlied sung with Oxford accent...

Dear Mendel! We aren't even allowed to sing that dumb song without being charged.

And believe me, most of us do not even care about it.

For me, i would think it would be very funny, to hear that crap with that accent!:D

Because the joint operation between three countries is nothing more and has been nothing more, than official assistance. As every other case would be.

If the prosecuters in charge, by now the german prosecuters in Braunschweig need support, they will ask the other countries L.E. for it.

Would there be some kind of pool or "sharepoint", no investigation across borders would be safe for keeping crucial info and investigations would be jeopardised all the time.

That wouldn't work.

And again, criminal investigation isn't just about sharing interesting info. If german prosecuters would be sure that a briton is a suspect, they would ask SY for getting info about, maybe by sharing some results. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

We must put our trust in our German neighbors :)

Dear Mendel! We aren't even allowed to sing that dumb song without being charged.

And believe me, most of us do not even care about it.

For me, i would think it would be very funny, to hear that crap with that accent!:D

Well, Super, maybe they would put you in a solitary in Kiel (if you sing really out of tune) and we had an insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee