Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never believed that the parents had anything to do with Maddie’s abduction, other than that they gave an abductor the opportunity to access the room where the children were supposed to be sleeping, because an assortment of parents were going back and foeth checking on the kids. But why would the parents think that the resort was unsafe? Didn’t the resort downplay crime in the area?

Yes, and the fact they continue to do so to this day is distasteful to say the least

Madeleine McCann police seek intruder who attacked girls at holiday homes

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from a Portuguese holiday resort nearly seven years ago say a lone intruder sexually assaulted five girls aged between seven and 10 in the Algarve between 2004 and 2006.

The four incidents – one involving two girls – were among 12 over six years up to 2010 being examined by officers in which a man entered holiday accommodation, mainly villas occupied by British families.
That's dating back to 2014, and of course was thoroughly investigated. I recall reading about it in Wikipedia, there's a summary there under 'other theories'. The intruder, who was described by some as African, is thought to have died in 2009.

I mostly say that because some reports seem to think German police have determined the method of death - and one way they might do that without a body is via a video that’s fallen into their hands.
the german police have not said any such thing.
what the german police have said has been established three times already on this thread.

When you consider that their never was any evidence,certainly no evidence to implicate the McCanns, this is the only rational explanation we are left with! British Police and all those people who moved the McCanns out the frame from day one, have always believed that what Jane Tanner described is is what really happened on that fateful night. He was an opportunist, who not only made split second decisions before committing crimes, but in his more heinous acts, would watch, wait and pounce when the moment was right for him. It has often been said, that he perhaps was even at the apartment the night before, since Madeleine had made a remark about waking up the previous night and she asked Kate, why didn't you come to me when I woke up for you! It is very possible, his attempt was disturbed with Madeleine waking and calling for her Mum. Although the adults did stay on the complex to eat at night, they did so every night. The real evidence has always pointed at Madeleine being targeted by her abductor X

The Met say that Tanners man was just a tourist picking his daughter up from creche

Tanner never saw the abductor

In fact her testimony derailed the investigation from the start

More likely no one ever saw or reported the Jag anyway.

IMO, if it was this guy, he was potentially an experienced housebreaker, and would make sure no one saw him. To me, the idea that a child abductor would allow himself to be seen, walking around with his victim, is absurd.

To me, this crime is unsolved because no one witnessed it, and it was a snatch and run so there was no crime scene and no evidence left in the room. Wouldn't have mattered if the FBI were on the scene in 15 minutes, there was nothing there to give anybody any clues.

Yes this is my thinking as well

If it is this guy and he has a history of breakins including ocean club he is not then going to be scene walking the streets with a dead girl in his arms

He would most likely have his car close by IMO

Regarding Tanner seeing the man carrying a sleeping child, was it confirmed it was a genuine tourist. Did any of the police or investigators get this man to come forward to eliminate him from their enquires.
Surely the man would if he had nothing to hide?
This case is opening more cans of worms. I don’t know that a German boy vanished from Praia da luz in 1996, 11 years before Madeleine went missing. He is being linked to this too.
Also, a German girl went missing in Germany in 2015. He is also a suspect for this.
Finally, it was only recently that he was convicted of the rape of a woman, 18 months before Madeleines disappearance.
So it took them a while to get him for that crime, about 14 years.

So it’s all a mistranslation? There’s a lot being reported that wasn’t in the initial statement - do we disregard it all? (Genuine question)
I don't know where that comment came from, but, once published, all the less-reputable media sources publish it as fact. Personally, altho I may look at, for eg, the DM, I usually find another, more reputable paper to quote from. I like the Guardian, also the Telegraph. Unfortunately, many of the reputable sources are behind paywalls now.

Reputable sources do not publish something unless they can verify where it comes from and they will publish exactly who stated that information. Most tabloids or aggregator media just throw all the information together into a narrative, and make no effort to disentangle where all the bits and pieces of info come from. It's not always the case, sometimes the DM will publish a story making it clear the info comes from, eg 'a former acquaintance of the accused', etc.

MOO

I think it's a last ditch attempt for someone to come forward with that little nugget of information that will prove or disprove he was involved. In order for it to make the news across Europe, they have to give details and pictures so it makes all the headlines. I have no doubt there are people in Portugal and Germany who have called in information about CB in the last couple of days. Whether any of it is pertinent is anyones guess.

That's my feeling as well. If they had a good case they would have charged him.

Unfortunately the media is creating to the usual fiasco

I mean claims he is being 'linked' to the german maddie and 'flew under the radar'

Well hello German police turned him over years ago and arrested him for child *advertiser censored* but they never could connect him to inga

And when they say he was in the area he was actually at a services on the auto bahn 50 miles away

This is thin sauce and makes me nervous why german police are creating this media storm

So it’s all a mistranslation? There’s a lot being reported that wasn’t in the initial statement - do we disregard it all? (Genuine question)
initial statement:
"The Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig is investigating a 43 year old German citizen in suspicion of murder. You can conclude that we do think that the girl is dead."

i don't see anywhere that the police have said at a later date, that 'since our initial statement, we now know how she died'. would be interested to see that story.

i agree an awful lot of detail has been added. adding things is different to contradicting things. imo

Regarding Tanner seeing the man carrying a sleeping child, was it confirmed it was a genuine tourist. Did any of the police or investigators get this man to come forward to eliminate him from their enquires.
Surely the man would if he had nothing to hide?.
Short answer, yes, they found him. This is documented in the short Wikipedia article on the case, which has media links for everything.

initial statement:
"The Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig is investigating a 43 year old German citizen in suspicion of murder. You can conclude that we do think that the girl is dead."

i don't see anywhere that the police have said at a later date, that 'since our initial statement, we now know how she died'. would be interested to see that story.

i agree an awful lot of detail has been added. adding things is different to contradicting things. imo

There’s a lot of detail in here from tabloids - the assertion that they’ve determined her cause of death came from there. You’re right though. I haven’t seen it anywhere more credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi