Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm thinking he had access to drugs and maybe sedated the McCann children. And maybe he was a perp that sedated women too. It would fit with his range of activities IMO.

It does potentially add to the profile of someone who makes and shares videos. His crimes are quite diverse. Was he making to order? Catering for different niches?

The man who he transferred the Jaguar to, and gave him a place to stay when he fled Portugal after 2007:

'He was always anxious, never relaxed. His eyes would always dart around the room when you were trying to have a conversation.'

But he was shocked when police later came to ask him about Madeleine. Former telecoms engineer Mr Bischof said: 'He was always a little nervous. He just couldn't hold down a job and I tried to encourage him to do so.

'He said he grew up in an orphanage and never ever mentioned any family.

The man who he transferred the Jaguar to, and gave him a place to stay when he fled Portugal after 2007:

How Madeleine suspect slept in my attic | Daily Mail Online

Are we sure on that? This makes it sound like he did take on ownership of the car, but not until much later and wasn’t the mystery acquaintance from 2007. I read an interview with him in Telegraph that did not allude to the car.

'Mr Bischof added that they shared a 'passion for Jaguar vehicles'.

He said he had agreed to take on the registration of Brueckner's Jaguar XJR6. The car was registered to another driver the day after Maddie vanished.”

*Ignore this - says it in the headline! Sorry.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Tanner seeing the man carrying a sleeping child, was it confirmed it was a genuine tourist. Did any of the police or investigators get this man to come forward to eliminate him from their enquires.
Surely the man would if he had nothing to hide?
This case is opening more cans of worms. I don’t know that a German boy vanished from Praia da luz in 1996, 11 years before Madeleine went missing. He is being linked to this too.
Also, a German girl went missing in Germany in 2015. He is also a suspect for this.
Finally, it was only recently that he was convicted of the rape of a woman, 18 months before Madeleines disappearance.
So it took them a while to get him for that crime, about 14 years.
rbbm.
The only thread that i could find about the missing little boy has been closed, just started a new one..
Portugal - René Hasee, 6, German on holiday in Algarve, 21 June 1996

That crimewatch revelation was far more significant than the media realised at the time and it also vindicated PJ testimony at Lisbon

PJ said all along that the tapas timeline could not be correct and wanted a reconstruction.

The tapas timeline only allows a few minutes for an abduction whereas the Met explode the timeline and set the abduction as much as 45 mins later

But what that really means is the testimony of tanner and friends set the investigation down a false path for years

Why she did that and why the group never clarified things is a great mystery to me

Were they just confused?

Were they worried about personal liability?

But in any case, you can see clearly now how they diverted the investigation down a rabbit hole leading to Murat etc
Part of it may have been shock, and then if they all started talking about it together and trying to figure it out as a group, IMO that leads some people to abandon or embroider their own memories in favour of the group opinion/reconstruction. IMO, police shouldn't be naive about witness statements, they can take these things into account when doing their investigation.

I haven't followed this closely from the beginning, but one area of confusion for me is the window being open. That's obviously very significant, the intruder either went in, or went out that way, or both. Even if the scene was staged, who would stage it with an open window, rather than an open door? Makes much more sense that the street door would be open, indicating the abductor went out that way, and most abductors would go out the street door.

To me, an open window, that's a big flag that says "experienced burglar". Not many adults can get in and out of windows, or would even try, but that's a preferred method of access by burglars. And were there burglars operating in and out of similar type windows in the area?

It seems possibly that's the kind of factual info that was dismissed as unimportant, while PJ put more emphasis on unreliable witness sightings.

Last edited:
Reports of Bischof in The Telegraph seem to contradict the Daily Mail...

“Brückner re-registered the Jaguar saloon in the name of an acquaintance who lived in Augsburg even though the vehicle remained in Portugal. Police believe that is suspicious because it suggests Brückner was trying to cover his tracks over the ownership and whereabouts of the vehicle. Mr Bischof said that Brückner eventually gave the car to an acquaintance in Munich.”

They just completely omit the part where Bischof assumes legal ownership of the car from someone he barely knows and keeps him at his house on the recommendation of a mutual friend?

Earlier editions of Daily Mail showed the fireplace in CB villa with an arrow pointing to the beam. That arrow disappeared in later editions online and I wondered why. Now the DT article suggests that the German police were looking for witnesses who may have seen that beam in videos as alluded above. Did DT deliberately show that photo while other papers did not. DT and DM are same publisher I think but different readerships.

This is now escalating. Do They know there are videos from inside the house. I think this deluge of information is to concentrate minds.

Also remember that eventually he drove the Jag to Germany. Where did he stop on the way. Did he commit crimes during his travel back in different countries if the opportunity was there. Was anyone missing during his journey back.

The Times appears to havc more on the video victims - paywall though.

“A video cassette found at the farmhouse in Praia da Luz showed him raping a 72-year-old American woman in 2005 after he broke into her villa under a mile from the McCann family’s holiday apartment. The video also showed a woman aged 15 to 20 tied up who was forced to perform a sex act. He also filmed an attack on a third woman aged between 45 and 50.”

I just read that police have a suspect in this case and I missed an entire thread!

I remember that there were two men seen carrying a child that night. The first was believed to be a tourist (the Tanner sighting) and the other man, the "Smith" sighting, was seen walking towards the beach and seemed to be uncomfortable carrying a child. It fit the time frame for when they believe she was kidnapped.

I really hope this leads to something. The McCanns have never given up hope and they have worked endlessly all this time to bring their daughter home and find the person responsible.

ETA I may be thinking of the same man but two different sightings. Does anybody remember if there were two men or just two descriptions? It's been so long I can't remember.

Last edited:
It does potentially add to the profile of someone who makes and shares videos. His crimes are quite diverse. Was he making to order? Catering for different niches?
Yes you could be right.

For a paedophile who prefers children to rape a 72 year old is unheard of. Their attraction is limited to children. So did he make the video of rape of elderly woman to order.

The Times appears to havc more on the video victims - paywall though.

“A video cassette found at the farmhouse in Praia da Luz showed him raping a 72-year-old American woman in 2005 after he broke into her villa under a mile from the McCann family’s holiday apartment. The video also showed a woman aged 15 to 20 tied up who was forced to perform a sex act. He also filmed an attack on a third woman aged between 45 and 50.”

But. These were found by the burglars. Can we trust this testimony? Presumably they gave a detailed enough account of the video re: the 72 year old woman to lend themselves credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee