Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times appears to havc more on the video victims - paywall though.

“A video cassette found at the farmhouse in Praia da Luz showed him raping a 72-year-old American woman in 2005 after he broke into her villa under a mile from the McCann family’s holiday apartment. The video also showed a woman aged 15 to 20 tied up who was forced to perform a sex act. He also filmed an attack on a third woman aged between 45 and 50.”
The one thing that gives me pause and a teensy bit of hope for Maddie, is that the alleged perp (surprisingly) did not kill the women he is known to have raped. imo.

The Times appears to havc more on the video victims - paywall though.

“A video cassette found at the farmhouse in Praia da Luz showed him raping a 72-year-old American woman in 2005 after he broke into her villa under a mile from the McCann family’s holiday apartment. The video also showed a woman aged 15 to 20 tied up who was forced to perform a sex act. He also filmed an attack on a third woman aged between 45 and 50.”
Earlier reports indicate it was a couple of his 'friends' who stole his video camera when he was in jail briefly in 2006. I wonder, when he got out of jail and found his video equipment was missing, wouldn't he have freaked out, knowing someone out there had it and could turn it into police? You'd kind of think he might quit with the videography after that, not to mention move in a hurry.

Edited for clarity

Yes you could be right.

For a paedophile who prefers children to rape a 72 year old is unheard of. Their attraction is limited to children. So did he make the video of rape of elderly woman to order.

Some perpetrators are just opportunists. They prey on the weak. Many paedophiles have abusive spouse relationships and will take advantage of any potential victim that they come across.

they found a guy.
i would be interested to know if tanner was ever asked to confirm the guy [6'5"] was who she saw. and agreed that it was the guy she originally described as 5'7".

I think we can assume that the closing off of Tannerman including the Met talking to the primary witness - my guess is they got to the bottom of it and she admitted she might have been 'confused' about some of the details.

It's been clear for a while that his changing description and impossibility of location made him problematic so I guess the charitable explanation is she actually saw the tourist, then in the heat of the moment, moved where she saw him, or interpreted which street he had come from?

My guess is she never saw him that closely, and enhanced her evidence shall we say. Then she got trapped into it.

Maybe when it came to Murat, under pressure she saw the opportunity to exit her whole story, assuming the police had the right guy?

Earlier reports indicate a couple of his burglar 'friends' stole his video camera when he was in jail briefly in 2006. I wonder, when he got out of jail and found his video equipment was missing, wouldn't he have freaked out, knowing someone out there had it and could turn it into police? You'd kind of think he might quit with the videography after that, not to mention move in a hurry.

I think he did scarper quickly after that. He was in prison at the time. But why in god’s name didn’t they keep the evidence?

Ah yes- Tannerman. I had a quick google. A GP who picked his daughter up from the crèche. Apparently he’d been playing tennis with Gerry so why didn’t Tanner recognise him? Assuming she saw him play tennis that is..
Playing devils advocate, it’s possible that Tanner actually did see the abductor. It may well have been Madeleine. Bearing in mind Tanner only had a glimpse of the man in the dark. She wouldn’t be looking for anything out of the ordinary either.

The problem with Tannerman is she claimed to have seen him in the same street Gerry was in.

Assuming she has admitted to the Met that she did see crècheman, I think we can forget about him now.

Tannerman has the feeling of an evolved sighting specifically to fit the timing for a window breakin.

Given we now know an abductor could just walk in the unlocked door and that it likely happened much later, I can see why the Met can safely say Tannerman was indeed crecheman.

Part of it may have been shock, and then if they all started talking about it together and trying to figure it out as a group, IMO that leads some people to abandon or embroider their own memories in favour of the group opinion/reconstruction. IMO, police shouldn't be naive about witness statements, they can take these things into account when doing their investigation.

I haven't followed this closely from the beginning, but one area of confusion for me is the window being open. That's obviously very significant, the intruder either went in, or went out that way, or both. Even if the scene was staged, who would stage it with an open window, rather than an open door? Makes much more sense that the street door would be open, indicating the abductor went out that way, and most abductors would go out the street door.

To me, an open window, that's a big flag that says "experienced burglar". Not many adults can get in and out of windows, or would even try, but that's a preferred method of access by burglars. And were there burglars operating in and out of similar type windows in the area?

It seems possibly that's the kind of factual info that was dismissed as unimportant, while PJ put more emphasis on unreliable witness sightings.
He may have gone in through the door and left through the window. There wasn't much time between the time the friend of the family checked on the kids and Kate McCann checked in and found her missing. Maybe the suspect heard her coming and went out the window. Jmo

He may have gone in through the door and left through the window. There wasn't much time between the time the friend of the family checked on the kids and Kate McCann checked in and found her missing. Maybe the suspect heard her coming and went out the window. Jmo

Can you get out of a window with a three year old? I assumed in through the window, out through the doors.

Yes the focus became Smithman, at around 10pm, who definitely wasn't Martin Smith's mate Robert Murat.

I think they were a but drunk, very relaxed and just confused. Tanner said she didn't want to say anything in case it upset Kate. It's a pity she didn't translate that as doubt about whether what she had seen wasn't suspicious.

BIB - here is my thought experiment, assuming German guy did it.

We know the Tapa's group sat down together to create a timeline. That is very bad as they can corrupt each others evidence to fit together, rather than saying independently what they observed without knowing each others testimony.

What is that sit down led to an unsaid understanding that now was the chance to protect yourself?

e.g did the first dad (i forget his name) feel under pressure to say he went into the apartment to listen, but in fact he never went in but listened at the window?

Did Gerry go in to pee but never check the kids because he was a bit pissed?

Did Kate invent the window break in story to try to cover the unlocked door?

Did Tanner "enhance" her sighting to be helpful? maybe under pressure

Did they as a group, compress their timings around tannerman, not as a conspiracy but because they didn't really know the timings, but pieced together "what must have happened" based on what Jane saw?

I do wonder in this case whether there was not a conspiracy but simply an unfortunate social pressure where people sought to cover their own negligence/failings and fell into a groupthink by assuming what everyone else said was true?

This also shows why witnesses should never do this.

I also feel that the tapa's evidence is the biggest reason for the failure of the PJ inquiry. PJ always knew this evidence was unreliable / invented, but could never resolve it.

Some perpetrators are just opportunists. They prey on the weak. Many paedophiles have abusive spouse relationships and will take advantage of any potential victim that they come across.

jesus, he doesn't really have a type age wise does he? makes him more dangerous IMO

It's true, he seems to have been up for doing anything, as long as it was illegal: selling drugs, stealing, rape, torture, violent *advertiser censored*, child sex abuse, and who knows what else.

ETA: and as long as he believed he could get away with it.

It's late and I'm tired, but just thinking about something. Didn't Kate say that Madeleine had woken on a previous night and the next day asked where her mum had been? Well, what if Madeleine woke again the night she vanished and left the apartment, and that is when she was taken? Is this a possible scenario?

(personally I prefer the 'family was being watched' theory but I thought I'd put it out there)

From The Sun

CHRISTIAN B'S PICTURE WAS POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED BY WITNESS IN 2007

The Sun understands that another British witness said that Portuguese police circulated a photograph of Christian B years ago but failed to act.

She saw the image of Christian B in 2007 and confirmed that he was the man she had seen acting bizarrely in the days after Madeleine went missing.

A Portuguese investigative source said: “It would appear Christian B's name and background were known to the police all along.

“They showed his picture to at least one witness who positively identified him near the scene, yet nothing appears to have been followed up.”

Red flag no 1

When a convicted 30 year old paedophile phone records show he was in the vicinity of the disappearance of a child

Red flag no 2

When same convicted paedophile changes owners on his prized motor the very next day of the disappearance.

Why are we finding out about these 2 major red flags 13 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee