Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Joana Cipriano will be looked at again. If he was active in 1996 in the area...

I Wiki'd the case
Murder of Joana Cipriano - Wikipedia

Interesting: Amaral ..... was accused of having covered up for other officers; he was convicted of having falsified police documents in the case and received an eighteen-month suspended sentence.

I just lost a big post about the windows

tldr version

1. The window shutter can only be opened from inside

2. If the window is open, anyone entering from the front door has to notice it immediately.

3. This is why Gerry had to update his version and admit he entered through the unlocked patio door

4. Any burglar can simply exit either door, no need to mess around with the windows.

IMO the only conclusion is the window was invented by Kate. Her testimony on this has never been believable. She invented it as the ingress point IMO to cover for the unlocked door.

Ah okay and then the detail on the door came out later anyway but Kate had to stick to her guns on the window?

Red flag no 1

When a convicted 30 year old paedophile phone records show he was in the vicinity of the disappearance of a child

Red flag no 2

When same convicted paedophile changes owners on his prized motor the very next day of the disappearance.

Why are we finding out about these 2 major red flags 13 years later.

Because no physical evidence connected him to the crime until a tipoff.

Remember the Met have looked at this for years as well.

There have been any number of suspicious guys hanging around PdL who were in the frame down the years but none ever led to hard evidence

From The Sun

CHRISTIAN B'S PICTURE WAS POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED BY WITNESS IN 2007

The Sun understands that another British witness said that Portuguese police circulated a photograph of Christian B years ago but failed to act.

She saw the image of Christian B in 2007 and confirmed that he was the man she had seen acting bizarrely in the days after Madeleine went missing.

A Portuguese investigative source said: “It would appear Christian B's name and background were known to the police all along.

“They showed his picture to at least one witness who positively identified him near the scene, yet nothing appears to have been followed up.”

Devil's advocate.

He lived in the area. Where does a witness ID lead you, other than to confirm he was in the area.

As for "acting bizarrely" - is this tabloid talk? What we he doing?

An Irish family who were on holiday at the same apartment as the McCanns may hold the key to finding out what really happened to Madeleine, according to a Channel Nine investigative podcast.

Labelled "The Smith Sighting", Martin Smith and his large extended family were walking back to their accommodation around 10pm in Praia da Luz the night Madeleine disappeared.

According to the Channel Nine investigation, the Smiths crossed paths with a man who was carrying a small motionless girl down a dark street around the same time Madeleine disappeared.

The alleged sighting occurred less than 300m from the Ocean Club Resort and the man was heading towards the beach just 150m away.

'Smiths walked past culprit': New key to Madeleine McCann mystery

im really starting to think it was actually CB who the smiths saw around 10pm. heading towards the beach, carrying a little girl "motionless" :( was she sleeping? or was she already dead at that point?
wasn't it reported his apartment was along the beach path or something? but then where does the car come into it, what reason would he have to re register the jag in Germany if he didn't even use the car?
Oh, ok, I'm glad you posted this. I posted earlier that I thought this was the suspect and then edited my post because I saw that some were referring to the suspect as Tannerman.

But the Smith sighting was right around the time she was kidnapped, which LE said at one point was moments before she was taken. That's why I wondered if the suspect heard KM coming and went out the window.

Didn't Scotland Yard determine the other man to be a British tourist? For a while the man whose house he was walking to was considered a suspect.

Anyway, the man that Smith saw was described as holding the child as if he was uncomfortable or not used to holding one.

Imo

Devil's advocate.

He lived in the area. Where does a witness ID lead you, other than to confirm he was in the area.

As for "acting bizarrely" - is this tabloid talk? What we he doing?
Indeed- who knows? But there were reports of "blonde men" seen outside or near to the McCann's apartment in the days leading up to and on the actual day Maddie went missing. One was hanging about across the road. One was seen on the balcony of the empty apartment next door. And two were accused of being blonde and suspiciously single that evening. As far as my memory goes...

Red flag no 1

When a convicted 30 year old paedophile phone records show he was in the vicinity of the disappearance of a child

Red flag no 2

When same convicted paedophile changes owners on his prized motor the very next day of the disappearance.

Why are we finding out about these 2 major red flags 13 years later.
This has been discussed.

In 2007, he had a 1994 juvenile record in Germany for child abuse, my speculation is that juvenile record might not have been available to police doing a general search of his record in 2007, but that is perhaps incorrect. I don't know the laws in Germany regarding juvenile criminal records. In some countries they are expunged after a certain time period.

No one knew about his changing the registration on his vehicle until he was put under intense investigation beginning in 2017. All the information we know now was unknown to police at the time.

As speculated above, he may have had an alibi for the evening of MM's abduction, and that's possibly why he was never seriously investigated.

He was known to be a thief, he'd been in jail in Portugal the previous year. IMO he might have had an outstanding record for burglary in 1996 in Germany, since he'd skipped town rather than serve his sentence. He was homeless, living out of a van, with a questionable work record. How he made his living would be a reasonable question to ask, to begin with.

It does seem quite interesting to me, that the two doctor parents of the girl would be prime suspects, when there was at least one dodgy guy like this one living in the area. Why anyone would distrust a group of doctor/parents, and trust dodgy single guys living in vans is quite confusing to me.

ETA, I added his burglary conviction in Germany in 1996

So, the guy was in the same town. On the SAME day that McCann disappeared. He picked up a child from the SAME daycare.

He is a , that is obvious. And someone said he "said" something disturbing.

I am not actually seeing any smoking gun evidence here. Am I wrong?

An Irish family who were on holiday at the same apartment as the McCanns may hold the key to finding out what really happened to Madeleine, according to a Channel Nine investigative podcast.

Labelled "The Smith Sighting", Martin Smith and his large extended family were walking back to their accommodation around 10pm in Praia da Luz the night Madeleine disappeared.

According to the Channel Nine investigation, the Smiths crossed paths with a man who was carrying a small motionless girl down a dark street around the same time Madeleine disappeared.

The alleged sighting occurred less than 300m from the Ocean Club Resort and the man was heading towards the beach just 150m away.

im really starting to think it was actually CB who the smiths saw around 10pm. heading towards the beach, carrying a little girl "motionless" :( was she sleeping? or was she already dead at that point?
wasn't it reported his apartment was along the beach path or something? but then where does the car come into it, what reason would he have to re register the jag in Germany if he didn't even use the car?

The Smith sighting is highly reliable according to the Met.

It was a large family group and all of them saw Smithman.

If you throw Tannerman in the dustbin like the Met have, then you have a much later abduction which actually fits with the perp walking back to his car.

Ah okay and then the detail on the door came out later anyway but Kate had to stick to her guns on the window?

Yes gerry changed his version because if he/kate came in the front door, they had to see the windows

This is one of the tragedies of the case - it is hard to know which of his stories is the real one, or if either of them is true. One possibility is they all left the patio doors open for checking

Why go out the window when the door was unlocked? Or just exit the front door by unlocking from inside.

IF German guy did it, it really does explain a lot about the Tapa's evidence.

All of it was a wild goose chase based around Tanner.

Likely the time is not even correct.
Yes, the media focused on Tanner and the man she saw. The local LE didn't even believe her. Anyway LE found that he was a British Tourist carrying his own child. Imo

Window detail.

"The window is only absolute maximum 50cm wide, in reality about 46cm wide, and it's already a metre off the ground," he said on the podcast titled Maddie.

Yes gerry changed his version because if he/kate came in the front door, they had to see the windows

This is one of the tragedies of the case - it is hard to know which of his stories is the real one, or if either of them is true. One possibility is they all left the patio doors open for checking

I guess you would (I mean you wouldn’t do any of it but that aside) since it saves muddled key confusion after a drink.

Yes, that would seem more likely to me. Plus I have vague memories of reading in early days how there would be great difficulty leaving out the window carrying a child. Either that, or there was someone else outside he passed the child to which doesn't seem to be the case.
Charles Lindbergh was taken out through a window and that was on the second floor. Imo

The Smith sighting is highly reliable according to the Met.

It was a large family group and all of them saw Smithman.

If you throw Tannerman in the dustbin like the Met have, then you have a much later abduction which actually fits with the perp walking back to his car.
What I found really interesting was the smiths described the man as being Gerry McCann at one point, they said they recognised him as he got off the plane carrying the twins, and they were almost certain it was Gerry they saw carrying the child the night of madeleines dissapearance...now we know Gerry was at the tapas bar. But Amaral said in a interview that this new German suspect looks a lot like Gerry also. Personally I don’t see the resemblance but ... seems strange how both of them said the same thing. Gives more weight to the original smiths sighting I think?

“... various members of the Smith family later claimed the man carrying the girl looked similar to her father, Gerry McCann”

So, the guy was in the same town. On the SAME day that McCann disappeared. He picked up a child from the SAME daycare.

He is a *******, that is obvious. And someone said he "said" something disturbing.

I am not actually seeing any smoking gun evidence here. Am I wrong?

A lot of it is circumstantial and hearsay. But it's stacking up. And hopefully more people will come forward if it is indeed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member