Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something, my understanding is in the EU you are not allowed entry at all into a different EU country. They wouldn't allow you if you have any sort of convictions at all.
Makes you think how CB slipped through the net doesn’t it? Especially with his 17 convictions, a large majority of them sex abuse against minors. How was he allowed to move back and forth to Portugal repeatedly and then Italy where he ended up when he was arrested for the rape?

Makes you think how CB slipped through the net doesn’t it? Especially with his 17 convictions, a large majority of them sex abuse against minors. How was he allowed to move back and forth to Portugal repeatedly and then Italy where he ended up when he was arrested for the rape?

'Criminal underworld' fake ID's, smuggled etc, I don't know for sure, but he would have connections, then time would do the rest.

There is something, my understanding is in the EU you are not allowed entry at all into a different EU country. They wouldn't allow you if you have any sort of convictions at all.

There are no border checks in mainland Europe between the Schengen countries ie most of them. Sure, if you fly in, it would flag up, but there’s nothing stopping anyone driving from Germany to Portugal via other countries.

Does anyone know if police/governments are even notified everytime a convicted criminal (particularly sex offences against children) enters from another nation? I have no idea how it all works to be honest. I mean you’d hope so, but it seems like CB was able to roam around the EU freely with no questions asked?

My under understanding was that with the EU freedom of movement an EU citizen could move between other EU countries without checks. Hence it’s called freedom of movement.
If someone wants to live in say the USA or Australia then they would want a police check. A serious criminal record would obviously bar someone from entry to live there.
So in effect CB the German suspect could move around the EU quite freely.

My under understanding was that with the EU freedom of movement an EU citizen could move between other EU countries without checks. Hence it’s called freedom of movement.
If someone wants to live in say the USA or Australia then they would want a police check. A serious criminal record would obviously bar someone from entry to live there.
So in effect CB the German suspect could move around the EU quite freely.

If they have convictions, I think there are checks, there are for the UK.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/cmsdata/113568/briefing-prisons.pdf

The crimes that they are investigating with a possible link to CB - I can't see a pattern to them in so far as some bodies were found and some weren't. Poor little Peggy Knobloch's body was found (eventually) in the same area she went missing. CT's body was also found in the same area. MM's, RH's and IG's haven't been found.
There was certainly a randomness to his whole life and his character and maybe also in his crimes? IMO

"A barrister revealed a man boasted to him he believes he met her on a Mediterranean island.

The man's shock confession was made at a party in the North-west of England - and the lawyer was convinced by the level of detail."

so, the party was in NW england.
at the party the lawyer quoted in the story spoke to someone that said they had 'met' maddie on a mediterranean island.
the article doesn't say maddie was seen at a 'party'.

Sounds like he heard this info from a client?

Also - And this is massively speculative - but could the timing be relevant if she is part of a ring? She would be about 17 now and I imagine there’s a cut off.

Or a progression,one would assume a 17 year old is still a valuable commodity, just a different kind of client:(

If you have a car out there or wish to walk down the road and the apartment doors open on the opposite side, then yes you do IMO JMO
That's the kind of speculation I was also doing when I brought up the window.

I agree the window evidence is ambiguous and doesn't prove anything. But IMO, any theory of the crime has to explain it. And I don't believe blaming the mother is an acceptable strategy for professional or amateur detectives.

I noticed that once the Met took over the case, they developed 3 theories they were pursuing, and one was that it was related to burglary. They stated in a Crime Watch program that there had been very recent burglaries in the same resort, where the perp had gone in the window. "There had been a fourfold increase in local burglaries between January and May 2007, including two in the McCanns' block in the 17 days before the disappearance, during which intruders had entered through windows [114][50] "

I guess the case has moved beyond reconstruction, but IMO it is helpful to open people's minds to the possibility that the unlocked door was completely irrelevant. But perhaps after all this time, that concrete is firmly set.

I can’t post the link for some reason but it was in relation to an alleged sighting from a few days after MM went missing.
A young girl entered a shop in Amsterdam and said her name was Maddie and she was taken from her mummy. The shop worker reported this in June 2007 once she heard about MM.
The McCanns were not told about this at the time by the Portuguese police.

The article that had the beam with the arrow was of the farmhouse. Someone upthread pointed out that they later removed the arrow in further publications of the photo. I think that’s the beam of interest but even press are rushing so fast they’re getting details muddled.

This beam?

_112705332_hi061777797.jpg

Madeleine McCann: Who is the German suspect?

More details about the old box factory via the WS pages for the other missing persons - Links upthread..

Bild < "....A farm for which Christian B., by his own admission, had a lot of plans. He told neighbours that he had become rich in Portugal through the timber trade. He wanted to convert the old factory into an art farm: "He said he wanted to create sculptures from scrap metal," said a neighbor.

B. had acquired the remote property for little money at a forced sale in Leipzig. Around the time Inga disappeared, the man had been seen almost daily in the yard. There he lived in an old caravan without electricity and running water."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974