Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More details about the old box factory via the WS pages for the other missing persons - Links upthread..

Bild < "....A farm for which Christian B., by his own admission, had a lot of plans. He told neighbours that he had become rich in Portugal through the timber trade. He wanted to convert the old factory into an art farm: "He said he wanted to create sculptures from scrap metal," said a neighbor.

B. had acquired the remote property for little money at a forced sale in Leipzig. Around the time Inga disappeared, the man had been seen almost daily in the yard. There he lived in an old caravan without electricity and running water."
The rumour that he had made a lot of money in Portugal could have just come from the way he bragged to his neighbours. Going by the way he was living, there was never any money.

I wonder why German police are treating it as a murder enquiry.
I think when SY began investigating years ago, they treated the disappearance as a criminal act by a stranger- a planned abduction or while committing a robbery.

I think investigators have not believed she is alive for a long time, but haven't ruled it out completely.

It would be amazing if she were still alive, though. Kate McCann has said many times that she will never give up hoping she is alive.

Imo

Sorry to appear silly but why are these two phone numbers so significant now? How have they only just matched these phone to being in the area of Praia da luz? After all these years?

Sorry to appear silly but why are these two phone numbers so significant now? How have they only just matched these phone to being in the area of Praia da luz? After all these years?

We don’t really know when they got access to his phone at all. Could’ve been a nightmare.

Does anyone know if police/governments are even notified everytime a convicted criminal (particularly sex offences against children) enters from another nation? I have no idea how it all works to be honest. I mean you’d hope so, but it seems like CB was able to roam around the EU freely with no questions asked?

Europe has free travel. Unless there is a EAW ( European arrest warrant ) outstanding border officials allow the person to travel through. Within Schengen countries of Europe there is no passport checks at all. They travel freely. But within non Schengen countries they have to show passports or ID. If this is scanned then any previous convictions may come up, if that info was shared. Even if it does come up they will not be monitored. If they had a major history of offending they can be refused entry, rarely happens. That’s how it works.

I can’t post the link for some reason but it was in relation to an alleged sighting from a few days after MM went missing.
A young girl entered a shop in Amsterdam and said her name was Maddie and she was taken from her mummy. The shop worker reported this in June 2007 once she heard about MM.
The McCanns were not told about this at the time by the Portuguese police.
Did LE ever follow up on it? I hadn't heard about that. How would police know if it was Madeleine if they never asked them to verify that it was her?

I think they are after definitive proof from somewhere that the one number does belong to him as if they can prove that, they have a strong case. As for the other number, my theory is that they believe there is a third party accomplice and this is his number.

They may know more factual, reality-based information about how pedophile rings really operate than the general public does.

As well, if he didn't actually murder her, then his best defence is to explain what he did instead.

Yes, early editions of the Daily Mail online had an arrow pointing to this beam

There is something, my understanding is in the EU you are not allowed entry at all into a different EU country. They wouldn't allow you if you have any sort of convictions at all.
Eu has free travel within its borders

No checks at all. Schengen countries of EU which is most of them don’t do any border checks.

It wasn’t a rumour - he bought a disused factory and a caravan.
The article I quoted states he bought the factory for little money, and was living in an old van without electricity or running water. I think if you had any money, you'd at least hook up power.

The article I quoted states he bought the factory for little money, and was living in an old van without electricity or running water. I think if you had any money, you'd at least hook up power.

They’re must be more to that then.

My months with Madeleine | Crime | The Guardian

An interesting article about someone from the hotel at the same time as the McCanns

So the sighting that Jane Tanner described of the man carrying his child in a blanket was the night before?, this couple and their daughter were in their apartment that night and he didn't collect his daughter from the creche on the day he played tennis with GM?

If you have a car out there or wish to walk down the road and the apartment doors open on the opposite side, then yes you do IMO JMO

Well, if the shutters were down, and we believe they were, he would have had to open the window to open the shutters in order to see out of it

Also - And this is massively speculative - but could the timing be relevant if she is part of a ring? She would be about 17 now and I imagine there’s a cut off.

Yes..if she was stolen to order, age size hair eye colour would all have been relevant.

I must say, I find the quotes about "an act of charity" and "could no longer discipline the boy" a bit chilling:

Madeleine McCann prime suspect's parents revealed | Daily Mail Online

We've heard this being said about so many psychopaths.

“It was conspicuous that he had boasted about a sudden financial windfall after he returned from Portugal in 2007. Friends remember him telling them that he had found cash in a pile of clothes, large sums of money, after breaking into a home in the Algarve.

'In addition to a mobile home, he also used the money to buy a derelict factory property in the state of Saxony-Anhalt.”

Appreciate this could be bravado but the timing is pertinent. What do we know about quality of living in 2007? He was at the factory a while it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest