Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is CB bragging again?
Possibly one of CB's many lies. He has lied his whole life.
He might not have spoken to German LE after all.
It's quite possible he was lying but the point I'm making is that no news outlet has made any suggestion that he didn't turn up for his summons in 2013, in fact they claim the opposite. There was a lot of criticism about the fact LE screwed up by putting on the letter the summons was in relation to MM, giving him opportunity to conceal evidence. But surely if he never even turned up for interview and police never followed it up, that would be a bigger story! The papers would be all over it.

Just find it strange that an Australian programme would know about it and not the Press. Which is why I wonder if it is perhaps a mistake or misunderstanding on their part. As I said, if he didn't turn up after being summoned, why weren't any flags raised and followed up? He remained in the area for a while, wasn't like he was on the run at this time.

I do wonder, however, if the defence could rest on the last but one alledged observations of MM. GM claimed to have see MM but is it possible it was just a cursory glance at that door and a quick listen to reassure himself they were asleep?

It is possible but then why did he go to such elaborate lengths long-term to solidify his claims? This from 24/10/07

Mr McCann described the last time he saw her - at 9.05pm as he checked on his daughter as she lay sleeping - before returning to the tapas bar to carry on with his evening meal. "I was the last to see her. I saw her and thought how beautiful she was and thought how lucky I was to be a father of three children," he said.
-
Gerry McCann, Daily Express 24/10/07, quoting from the Antena 3 interview

And this from the PJ files -
On this occasion the three children were lying in their beds and asleep, he is sure of that. Moreover, he says that with respect to Madeleine she was in the same position in which he had left her at the beginning of the night. Madeleine was lying down on her left side, she was completely uncovered, that is, lying on top of the covers, with the soft toy and the blanket, both pink, next to her head...
P.J. POLICE FILES: GERRY MCCANN'S ARGUIDO STATEMENT 07 SEP 2007

Can someone please provide the name of the person Bruckner transferred his Jaguar to on 4 May 2007? thank you.

It's quite possible he was lying but the point I'm making is that no news outlet has made any suggestion that he didn't turn up for his summons in 2013, in fact they claim the opposite. There was a lot of criticism about the fact LE screwed up by putting on the letter the summons was in relation to MM, giving him opportunity to conceal evidence. But surely if he never even turned up for interview and police never followed it up, that would be a bigger story! The papers would be all over it.

Just find it strange that an Australian programme would know about it and not the Press. Which is why I wonder if it is perhaps a mistake or misunderstanding on their part. As I said, if he didn't turn up after being summoned, why weren't any flags raised and followed up? He remained in the area for a while, wasn't like he was on the run at this time.

Strange indeed.
Some outlets reported that he was summoned, some say interviewed, perhaps CB did tell a lie to his friend and the local Police didn't follow it up?
So much misreporting in this case, hard to decipher what's fact or fiction.
Perhaps our UK press can should get onto this ;)
The Guardian says, (which is a little worrying) ..............

"Officers cited by Der Spiegel describe the letter as a mistake, saying such a high-profile case would have required investigators to gather more evidence before approaching a suspect. “This should not have happened and in no way complies with common procedure in such a delicate case,” said one."

Madeleine McCann suspect told he was on German police radar in 2013

Also the Mirror

"Police in Braunschweig, Germany, received a tip about about Brueckner in 2013 and sent it on to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, according to reports.

But local reports say the tip was ignored.

German magazine Spiegel reported: "One person did submit a tip about Brueckner but the resulting report from police in Braunschweig to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation was apparently not acted upon, much to the consternation of the local investigators."

Maddie suspect slipped through net multiple times by 'hiding paedophile past'

Last edited:
Strange indeed.
Some outlets reported that he was summoned, some say interviewed, perhaps CB did tell a lie to his friend and the local Police didn't follow it up?
Perhaps our UK press can get onto this ;)

"Officers cited by Der Spiegel describe the letter as a mistake, saying such a high-profile case would have required investigators to gather more evidence before approaching a suspect. “This should not have happened and in no way complies with common procedure in such a delicate case,” said one."

Was he a suspect in 2013? TV shows like Crimewatch receive hundreds of tip offs, so it would take time to sift through and qualify them, then i'd imagine a standard letterhead about a case. I've been summoned to the Police station before and they'd normally send out a letter if they don't have a contact number and ask you to come into the station, they also need to say what it is regarding because it could require a solicitor. A Police interview would be to ascertain more info / fishing, in which case it can be a tricky one for the guilty party. If one doesn't show up for the arranged time, they would highly likely chase up this missing person, perhaps he didn't see the letter or perhaps he ran away. If CB did go to the station, he would probably have gave no comments or he may have had representation (which we will not know). The interesting thing in the recent 60 MInutes documentary was that he did not /refused give PDL address to Police in Portugal regarding the fuel theft, and he was ordered to do more time - so this could be interpreted that he would rather spend time in jail than the Police finding potentially incriminating videos/images/computers in his PDL cottage. This also gave him time to instruct others to clear it out.

Strange indeed.
Perhaps our UK press can get onto this ;)

Was he a suspect in 2013? TV shows like Crimewatch receive hundreds of tip offs, so it would take time to sift through and qualify them, then i'd imagine a standard letterhead about a case. I've been summoned to the Police station before and they'd normally send out a letter if they don't have a contact number and ask you to come into the station, they also need to say what it is regarding because it could require a solicitor. A Police interview would be to ascertain more info / fishing, in which case it can be a tricky one for the guilty party. If one doesn't show up for the arranged time, they would highly likely chase up this missing person, perhaps he didn't see the letter or perhaps he ran away. If CB did go to the station, he would probably have gave no comments or he may have had representation (which we will not know). The interesting thing in the recent 60 MInutes documentary was that he did not /refused give PDL address to Police in Portugal regarding the fuel theft, and he was ordered to do more time - so this could be interpreted that he would rather spend time in jail than the Police finding potentially incriminating videos/images/computers in his PDL cottage. This also gave him time to instruct others to clear it out.

Yes he received a letter in 2013 regarding the case, we've discussed it a lot on previous threads.

Does anyone know the year Charlie died?
Presumably near the same time as CB buried his stash beneath him?
Was it the same dog who died in the kiosk?

Strange indeed.
Perhaps our UK press can should get onto this ;)

Also the Mirror

"Police in Braunschweig, Germany, received a tip about about Brueckner in 2013 and sent it on to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, according to reports.

German magazine Spiegel reported: "One person did submit a tip about Brueckner but the resulting report from police in Braunschweig to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation was apparently not acted upon, much to the consternation of the local investigators."

Maddie suspect slipped through net multiple times by 'hiding paedophile past'
I just wish we could have some clarity, as you say, so much misreporting going on.

The second article you linked says.

Police in Braunschweig, Germany, received a tip about about Brueckner in 2013 and sent it on to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, according to reports.

Now, reading that one way, some might interpret nothing was done when the tip came in ("ignored"). But we know that's not the case, a summons was sent. It then goes on to say the "reulting report" was not acted upon. What report would this be? I would have presumed a report resulting from the interview. If it was a report saying CB never reported to answer the summons then some serious questions need to be answered.

I just wish we could have some clarity, as you say, so much misreporting going on.

The second article you linked says.

Police in Braunschweig, Germany, received a tip about about Brueckner in 2013 and sent it on to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, according to reports.

Now, reading that one way, some might interpret nothing was done when the tip came in ("ignored"). But we know that's not the case, a summons was sent. It then goes on to say the "reulting report" was not acted upon. What report would this be? I would have presumed a report resulting from the interview. If it was a report saying CB never reported to answer the summons then some serious questions need to be answered.

Yes, I agree Dlk.
It just gets worse and worse.

Yes he received a letter in 2013 regarding the case, we've discussed it a lot on previous threads.

Does anyone know the year Charlie died?
Presumably near the same time as CB buried his stash beneath him?
Was it the same dog who died in the kiosk?
Yeah well a letter doesn't mean you're a suspect buddy, regardless of a thread ..

What on Earth is he playing at. That would be ridiculous. That would not only suggest they were involved but that they know the local perv.

I do wonder, however, if the defence could rest on the last but one alledged observations of MM. GM claimed to have see MM but is it possible it was just a cursory glance at that door and a quick listen to reassure himself they were asleep?

If he'd told KM he'd seen her it'd be very difficult in the heat of the moment to change that story. But even more difficult once GA got hold of them. You'd be risking arrest.

That widens the time frame for CB whilst keeping the alledged time frame much later.
Completely agree with this. IMO GM likely didn’t see MM on his check. He was a sociable bloke, got sidetracked chatting, went back for a wee, apartment all quiet so rushed back for his dinner. But once you’ve quoted that proud dad moment how do you take it back with such a distraught family. It’s nuances like this that always make such cases problematic

Completely agree with this. IMO GM likely didn’t see MM on his check. He was a sociable bloke, got sidetracked chatting, went back for a wee, apartment all quiet so rushed back for his dinner. But once you’ve quoted that proud dad moment how do you take it back with such a distraught family. It’s nuances like this that always make such cases problematic

In her book Kate says............
"After ordering his food, Gerry went to do the first check just before 9.05 by his watch."................

She said the image of MM lying in bed was fixed indelibly, almost photographically in GM's memory.

This, is a Dad who is confident he saw MM that night.

GM actively making up and continuing to stick by a made-up story to back up a really crucial time-related claim is not a nuance. It's a lie, plain and simple. And one that really needs to be held up to the light.

No wonder FF is focusing on this timeline.

Let's not forget that the PJ were dependent upon truthful info from the key people involved. And that that's what they had to believe in and take on board in order to direct their investigation.

I hope you have the same sympathy for them, having to take GM's very possible lie as fact, as you seem to do for the 'sociable, a few drinks in, whatever, all quiet, back to my dinner with me' Gerry McCann.

I'm sorry but I just can't let things like this pass.

Last edited:
Behind the scenes he was a suspect, but police contacted him as a witness, Zeuge.
You can see that in the police letter that was sent to him.

In this episode @27.30 the presenter says that CB didn't show up to the Police interview in 2013.
That's new, as we thought he had been interviewed.

CB was personally given a summons on his kiosk on November 1, 2013. He had to be in police station on next 6. I think it's unlikely he didn't do so as they could easily locate him again on kiosk. The summons is real and was shown an a Spiegel TV documentary.

CB was personally given a summons on his kiosk on November 1, 2013. He had to be in police station on next 6. I think it's unlikely he didn't do so as they could easily locate him again on kiosk. The summons is real and was shown an a Spiegel TV documentary.

Yes, we saw the summons months ago :D
Until now we assumed he had gone to the interview due to his 'friend' saying that he had (reported in various press articles)
Now we are questioning whether he did actually attend the interview, had lied to his friend about going, and did not go at all.
Some press links above suggest he didn't.
AUS program said he didn't.
Just wish we definitely knew whether he did or not!
I hope he did!

ETA:

upload_2020-10-15_20-53-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members