Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we saw the summons months ago :D
Until now we assumed he had gone to the interview due to his 'friend' saying that he had (reported in various press articles)
Now we are questioning whether he did actually attend the interview, had lied to his friend about going, and did not go at all.
Some press links above suggest he didn't.
AUS program said he didn't.
Just wish we definitely knew whether he did or not!
I hope he did!
What would have happened if he didn't show up? Would the police have to chase it up?

Yes, we saw the summons months ago :D
Until now we assumed he had gone to the interview due to his 'friend' saying that he had (reported in various press articles)
Now we are questioning whether he did actually attend the interview, had lied to his friend about going, and did not go at all.
Some press links above suggest he didn't.
AUS program said he didn't.
Just wish we definitely knew whether he did or not!
I hope he did!

I almost thought you doubted about summons and all, Ted :D

I also hope he did and always assumed that. I think that's incredible if he didn't. Wouldn't they force him to? He only left kiosk sometime in 2014.

It says he was personally summoned on November 1 (unless Super can better translate that). I assume he was verbally summoned that day and later they issued the letter. Otherwise I must correct his timeline to November 4.

I guess they should have yeah. :confused:

What would have happened if he didn't show up? Would the police have to chase it up?
I just wish we could have some clarity, as you say, so much misreporting going on.

The second article you linked says.

Police in Braunschweig, Germany, received a tip about about Brueckner in 2013 and sent it on to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation, according to reports.

But local reports say the tip was ignored.

German magazine Spiegel reported: "One person did submit a tip about Brueckner but the resulting report from police in Braunschweig to the Federal Office of Criminal Investigation was apparently not acted upon, much to the consternation of the local investigators."

Now, reading that one way, some might interpret nothing was done when the tip came in ("ignored"). But we know that's not the case, a summons was sent. It then goes on to say the "reulting report" was not acted upon. What report would this be? I would have presumed a report resulting from the interview. If it was a report saying CB never reported to answer the summons then some serious questions need to be answered.

I think we need a proper translation of the letter! It talks about an ongoing preliminary investigation, seemingly CB was already summoned at the Fachkommissariat 1 on the 1st and then he was asked to go again on the 6th? It also mentions interrogations as a witness?

Last edited:
In her book Kate says............
"After ordering his food, Gerry went to do the first check just before 9.05 by his watch."................

She said the image of MM lying in bed was fixed indelibly, almost photographically in GM's memory.

This, is a Dad who is confident he saw MM that night.
Agree, however, when in a deep state of shock or trauma which he was, the mind can play extremely real tricks, I have worked with people who honestly think 100% they saw or spoke to a certain person just hours before they died, esp if it was sudden, one woman was so convinced she hugged and said I love you to her daughter the same night her daughter was killed, it eventually came out the last time they spoke was 2 days before and they argued but her mind was in so much shock and guilt.

GM actively making up and continuing to stick by a made-up story to back up a really crucial time-related claim is not a nuance. It's a lie, plain and simple. And one that really needs to be held up to the light.

No wonder FF is focusing on this timeline.

Let's not forget that the PJ were dependent upon truthful info from the key people involved. And that that's what they had to believe in and take on board in order to direct their investigation.

I hope you have the same sympathy for them, having to take GM's very possible lie as fact, as you seem to do for the 'sociable, a few drinks in, whatever, all quiet, back to my dinner with me' Gerry McCann.

I'm sorry but I just can't let things like this pass.
I appreciate we all have our own opinions here, and I have no wish to argue with anyone, just to express my own opinion.

I have every sympathy with MMS parents, it’s incomprehensible what they have endured....however I have watched GM describe his last sighting of MM and never been convinced. It’s always struck me as aspirational, like if that was my last time looking in on her sleeping, that is what I would want to remember.
Just also remember he’d been chatting in the street with Jez, it was his last night on a lovely holiday, his food was on it’s way.... would he have taken time out to gaze specifically at MM asleep, or as a later post here alludes to, when looking back would he have wanted that to be what happened? Or would he after getting caught chatting, go back for a quick wee, apartment all quiet, then go back for his dinner? Very difficult to go back from that, he’s only human

Agree, however, when in a deep state of shock or trauma which he was, the mind can play extremely real tricks, I have worked with people who honestly think 100% they saw or spoke to a certain person just hours before they died, esp if it was sudden, one woman was so convinced she hugged and said I love you to her daughter the same night her daughter was killed, it eventually came out the last time they spoke was 2 days before and they argued but her mind was in so much shock and guilt.
Yes, thanks @snowpea666 this is just the way I was thinking it could be easy to recall something that didn’t actually happen, but not in a sinister way

Maybe the sheets were turned back before MM got onto the bed, making it easier for her to pull them up should she have got cold.
Or her parents settled her down to sleep under the covers, then she got restless/too hot, turned back the covers herself & lay down on top of them. Plenty of common sense explanations for that apparent discrepancy.

I appreciate we all have our own opinions here, and I have no wish to argue with anyone, just to express my own opinion.

I have every sympathy with MMS parents, it’s incomprehensible what they have endured....however I have watched GM describe his last sighting of MM and never been convinced. It’s always struck me as aspirational, like if that was my last time looking in on her sleeping, that is what I would want to remember.
Just also remember he’d been chatting in the street with Jez, it was his last night on a lovely holiday, his food was on it’s way.... would he have taken time out to gaze specifically at MM asleep, or as a later post here alludes to, when looking back would he have wanted that to be what happened? Or would he after getting caught chatting, go back for a quick wee, apartment all quiet, then go back for his dinner? Very difficult to go back from that, he’s only human
I think the chat with JW happened after GM had already checked the apartment.

It says he was personally summoned on November 1 (unless Super can better translate that). I assume he was verbally summoned that day and later they issued the letter. Otherwise I must correct his timeline to November 4.

I do not really understand that document, i must admit.

There must have been some kind of identity check on 1st of november, according to the subject line.

On 4th of november the subpoena was written and dated to november the 6th.

Pretty close timeline. So maybe police visited him for a check up on 1st and he wasn't there (at the kiosk?). So they wrote the subpoena and must have delivered it to his mailbox by themselves with a very short deadline.

If the subpoena was written on 4th with the deadline 6th, german postal service would have never delivered that letter before the 6th.

That's odd.

Here's some legal bumph - We'll have to wait for SuperDad.
Vorladung als Zeuge durch Polizei oder Staatsanwaltschaft

Yes, as a witness you have to turn up for the subpoena. As a suspect you do not have to turn up for a simple identity check, subpoenas or other interrogations.

So maybe CB hasn't turned up on 1st, according to a previous letter he got, so police strategically classified him as a witness in the abduction case MM, so he had to follow the subpoena.

So he must have been in focus before and didn't follow the previous subpoena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth