Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are important statements IMO. Let's hope they find the extra evidence they need. And we should at this point I think not doubt HRW that they have the right man. It is clear from the comparison he makes that they do have enough evidence linking CB to the crime but perhaps not bulletproof yet to sentence him in court for certain.
Agreed. IMO, I think they have more than enough to convince themselves of CB's guilt, but while they have time to build a stronger case it certainly makes sense to do so. To avoid a conviction, defence lawyers don't need to prove innocence, they just have to create enough doubt that each piece of the prosecution evidence could be explained by something else. The phone call: someone else had the phone. The confession: unreliable witness, perhaps it was really them who did it. A photo: someone else took it etc etc.

Attachments

• p7pyWQr.gif
    p7pyWQr.gif
    664 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
There is a slightly larger version of the VW daylight image with a bit more foreground than others I've seen. it's on the Shining in Luz site. Nothing really to see apart from some more mysterious scratch marks.

vw-t3-1 (1).jpg

Credit@EPA

There does seem to be a bit more going on in the foreground than I initially thought on this version.

Last edited:
View attachment 273834
Credit@EPA

There does seem to be a bit more going on in the foreground than I initially thought on this version.

The scratchmark in the sand near the rear-axle looks odd. As if being made with purpose, just like police after a car accident. But if, CB must have done that.

To park up the vehicle in a special position for a picture?! Strange...

The scratchmark in the sand near the rear-axle looks odd. As if being made with purpose, just like police after a car accident. But if, CB must have done that.

I see signs of something being dragged around starting from the various scratch marks.
vw-t3-1 (1).jpg vw-t3-1 (2).jpg

OK so they don't have enough evidence to charge at the moment, but I guess we knew that.
One thing that strikes me about the comparison he gave regarding the taxi driver was when he said 'it was completely clear that the taxi driver was the perpetrator'...........
I still think BKA are certain they have the right man - let's hope they get the evidence they need.

Wolters made that statement according to the DNA evidence that has been captured AFTER the aquittal. So it has been clear who did the crime, but the suspect has been aquitted before. That's a problem, due to strict german laws for re-opening trials, that had been aquitted.

I'm convinced that they have got enough to interrogate or even charge, but the chances for a sentence are maybe just about 50/50, due to lack of forensics or undeniable footage. So they keep collecting. That strategy could work out, because it creates a consistent pressure on the suspect. IMO the suspect has his problems to handle with pressure. So the chances for him to make a mistake or even a confession some day is there.

I have a feeling that more than just the selfie has been recorded at this spot.

That's my opinion too and i assume that the footage must be part of the data that has been confiscated from one of his properties....

A single abduction of a child has a limitation period for a trial of 5 years in germany. Other things like abuse or murder must be proven, with more than just a picture that shows two persons together. And CB is supected for murder.

Car headlights would cause double shadows. A motorbike headlight would cause single shadows. But in the night photo we see no shadows at all. Every shadow is exactly hidden from our view by the object which casts it. Therefore the light source is single and is located exactly at the camera. It is flash built in to a camera, or flash built in to a phone camera.
Would phone cameras have been that good in 2007?

That's my opinion too and i assume that the footage must be part of the data that has been confiscated from one of his properties....
As in the evidence that CB sexually abused a dog for example. (scratch marks?) It was reported that this footage originated from CB's Casio Exilim or the SD cards that were used in that camera. I don't think the flash is from a phone cam, but it could well be from the Exilim

If the prosecution's claim is that CB is the actual abductor - ie. the one who took MM from 5A - as well as the murderer, then yes, I think he'll have to, since, as far as I can recall (but correct me if I'm wrong), HCW has said a number of times that they're not looking for anyone else in connection to the disappearance/murder.

If HCW can link CB to the murder sometime in the hours/days after 10pm on the 3rd, then he would not need to prove abduction or get into any of that. It can be implied by possession of the victim, but in any event, would not be needed for the charge to be proven.

As in the evidence that CB sexually abused a dog for example. (scratch marks?) It was reported that this footage originated from CB's Casio Exilim or the SD cards that were used in that camera. I don't think the flash is from a phone cam, but it could well be from the Exilim

It was reported that some of the huge amount of footage contained sexual acts with dogs, but not with a concrete link to the footage that has shown CB. And some metadata (probably the CB-footage) are linked to casio exilim. IMO there is no report of CB having intercourse with animals, but he had footage of that buried in Neuwegersleben.

One more converted image that highlights the scratches and dragging tracks.

I can see the "C" shaped trace in the sand and the parallel lines beside of it. To me it looks more like some kind of grinding marks, than letters. Like a bag or something has been pulled away in the sand maybe.

Of course, the "C" could stand for his first name. Like holidaymakers use to do it on beaches for a picture. But the two parallel lines beside of it doesn't make to much sense to me.

Maybe C II or C III like the fingers in the nightime pic, the van positioned behind? Only CB should know why....

It was reported that some of the huge amount of footage contained sexual acts with dogs, but not with a concrete link to the footage that has shown CB. And some metadata (probably the CB-footage) are linked to casio exilim. IMO there is no report of CB having intercourse with animals, but he had footage of that buried in Neuwegersleben.
He was reportedly 'very fond' of the sheep in Foral. Not sure exactly what was meant by that, but sure, no evidence of bestiality exists, although we do know he abused his dogs in other ways.

Last edited:
The 3 finger nightime salute pic of CB. Could only screenshoot from a Google 'cb maddie Der Spiegel 'search (IMG now removed). The front wheel arch to the upper right has a blur/something I can't make out - looks like a head of hair and eyes from some angles (sorry if this is bizarre/disturbing). Are CBs shoes and ankle area of pants muddy/dusty or is it the camera light. Assuming 3rd/4th May Also, was he working that night in restaurant as some may have suggested, or could this be dressed smartly to avoid attention/blend in as a worker finishing his shift. Sure this has already been mentioned though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201130-014100.png
    Screenshot_20201130-014100.png
    523.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
If HCW can link CB to the murder sometime in the hours/days after 10pm on the 3rd, then he would not need to prove abduction or get into any of that. It can be implied by possession of the victim, but in any event, would not be needed for the charge to be proven.

I see what you mean, but wouldn't that still leave a lot of unanswered questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking