Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that duty exists, all the more IMO, if it is held by BKA.

On the contrary. The BKA is not accountable to the Met, particularly a Met that continues to publicly regard MM as a 'missing person investigation'.

And next looking at MP, they have invested millions in solving this case, and IMO if they learned that BKA have crucial extra evidence, they would certainly IMO request that BKA share it in full.

Again, they might well do that but the BKA is under no obligation to oblige. And why would or should they? Why indulge or put faith in an investigation by a police force that, despite it costing millions, has absolutely nothing to show for itself to this very day!

So IMO the situation is slightly more complex and there is some blurring going on.

I think that's really the only objective and rational conclusion.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the Statute of Limitations is for child sexual abuse in Portugal, please? I noticed that in the Casa Pia case some of the perps were only sentenced to 5-7 years.

Thanks for this info, Worldwatcher.
Apparently CB was nowhere in NL at the time.
I hope the disappearance of Jair will be solved some time.
The local perp has died in the meantime I believe?
He must have left Jair's body somewhere....
Hi Chiatos,
Yes correct!
Here is the news item that already gave doubts (Imo) about CB as a POI into the disappearance of Jair S.
Jair Soares (7), verdwenen en vergeten - Reporters Online
Also posted in thread #3 page 39.
Kinda sad, that another family is/was kept in the dark, because of a sloppy investigation.

ETA: (WS thread about little Jaïr disappearance)
Holland - Jaïr Soares, 7, disappeared from the beach in Monster, 4 August 1995

Hi you all!
It has been a while, since I posted here and am not really sure if this is mentioned, but CB is ruled out in the disappearance of Jaïr Soares.
It does not surprise me, because there was a local perp, who was seen by several witnesses, matching the description of Jaïr. Sadly it was never investigated thoroughly by Dutch LE
Verdachte in zaak-Maddie McCann niet betrokken bij verdwijning Jaïr Soares

CB is ruled out on Claudia Ruf case as well :

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner gets clean chit in 1996 rape-murder of Claudia Ruf after DNA test

CASES that CB is possible linked to (as stated by media) :

Missing.jpg

Peggy - I found it even OFFENSIVE to be linking him (CB) to Peggy as by now justice do know very well who killed her and the guy/s are not rotting in jail just because they were both acquitted due to the way "justice" and investigation did work on that case. At any rate there are real suspects on that case and it's pretty much solved.

René Hasse - I'm not sure if it was a drowning or if there was a more "horrible" crime but i would rather investigate "Martin Ney" on this one. The "profile" of the crime wouldn't match CB methods (entering apartments, etc....).

Carola Titze - I don't have a clue... It would be nice to "know" where CB was when she went missing. Not very likely to exist a connection...

Monika Pawlak - This one it's more likely to have been done by CB ...

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner was linked to knife | Daily Mail Online

"Police records show convicted drug dealer Brueckner, now 43, was, in the months after the murder, 'listed in relation to the homicide of a prostitute'.

Brueckner was not charged and the case remains unsolved, despite an extensive police investigation."

Last but not least (and the most important for me at the moment):

Inga Gehricke : - I would (personally) rule him out as well but i'm waiting for an "official" confirmatoion that he is ruled out so that I can "relax" a little bit. Last thing that I would want would be for CB to be involved on this one.

I'M NOT CB LAWYER and if he did commit ANY of those crimes he should PAY and rot in jail... Well he should ROT in jail anyway for the RAPES that he did commit but i wouldn't want him to have gone as far as killing children so ....

About Inga - CB lived (relatively) near but the link ends there.
- He is NOT a POI in the investigation (acording to German police declarations on the tabloids), his phone was not activating towers in the area of the Wilhelmshof and even if he doesn't have a "verifiable by a 3rd person alibi" he stated that he was at home and it's very easy to verify that.
- assume police did track his phone and figure out that the phone was keept turned on and activating the cells of the places where he used to live / park his auto-caravan.
- It would be quite impossible for him to went to Wilhelmshof without getting seen by people. He couldn't go on the auto-caravan as someone would see that for sure. Wilhelmshof is a very "isolated" area :

Google Maps

- Inga wasn't living there, she went there with her parents + siblings on that day but it wasn't something that they would do regularly so that would make almost impossible for CB to went there on the first time on the exact same day when Inga went there as well. If CB were to be "scanning" the area prior to 02/05/2015 he would have been seen for sure and people now would talk about knowing him as CB is "popular" on the news.

- CB would need to know the area pretty well to be able to abduct "Kleine" Inga from a group of 6 adults and 8 (other) children and would need something like "invisibility power" so he would be able to pass all that people without a single person getting to see him. A stranger on that place would be noticed almost for sure. Now if it's an "insider" it's a different matter.

- If CB were to have "business" in Wilhelmshof
like visiting someone there he would simply go there without shutting the cell phone down as he couldn't possible know that he would meet "Kleine" Inga there so there would be no need to attempt to get inside in a "stealth" mode. Also there would be way better places to hund for little girls rather than Wilhelmshof...

- Extra - The way German police at Braunschweig wants to "get him" over Madeleine if the could "exploit" the Little Inga case to get more info on CB and possible more charges they would do that without any re-thinking (even if Inga's case is handled by the Stendal department), meaning that by now there would be HUGE mass media requests for info asking for people to came forward providing information like where was CB seen when Inga did went missing, what cars and phones did he had, same sort of info they are requesting regarding Madeleine. If they ARE NOT doing that is because they either know already where he was and they already ruled him out or because the chances for him to commit this particular crime is low.

I do have by now some "suspects" for the little Inga case and some possible things that might had happened to her but i will post about that on her thread here at the forum on a near future (possible on the start of the next year). I do want to make sure that i do check her case properly as i will be sending some "tips" to the Stendal police over this as this particular case (unlike the Madeleine one) does interest me allot.

General point - As i stated already - More important is to get to the truth of all of this, on all of the cases but last thing that i would want as already stated is for someone like CB to have commited the crimes.

Looks contradictory but the more "child killing" CB is responsable for the more are the chances for him to be linked to other child killing as well.

If he is "cleared" or ruled out of child killing that is "positive" in a way that will let other options open that might be "better" than having a child to be a victim of this sort of monster.

Last edited:
(...)
Again, they might well do that but the BKA is under no obligation to oblige. And why would or should they? Why indulge or put faith in an investigation by a police force that, despite it costing millions, has absolutely nothing to show for itself to this very day!

I think that's really the only objective and rational conclusion.

What is STRANGE to me is WHY does the BKA - Braunschweig have this HUGE interest on MM case even knowing that the suspect is "German".

Many German guys do crimes all over the world including child murdering but the BKA is very "centrated" in getting MM case solved.

Let's see, Madeleine is English and she did went missing from Portugal, not Germany so if i was in the BKA (UNLESS I WERE TO HAVE ANY PERSONAL PARTICULAR INTEREST IN FOLLOWING/SOLVING THIS SPECIAL CASE) i would simply forward my leads to the PJ.

I know that as a German police if i were to be "sure" that CB was potential danger to people and that he could return to Germany and be a problem i might want to lock him down for good but doesn't make much sense ....

In my case If i were to stumble something about CB that would link him to MM i would simply contact PJ in Portugal and i would say "look i have this sort of lead on your case of MM so there you have it all and if you want assistence from us we will be very glad to try to get that CB guy in prison for MM case - but that would be me.

Why would BKA want SO BADLY to be the ones to solve the MM case and keep the crucial leads/clues/info for them ?

Yes, most likely it's also about getting for CB to be "known" to the public so people can reveal more info about more crimes that he might be linked to, as i did already posted several times but even so the BKA way of doing things on this particular case is "strange".

Don't get me wrong, i do hope that something "positive" does come from all of this and i do hope that something new can be found but the more i dig up on this the more strange it all looks.

Oh ... I'm here on this thread to discuss CB only (as this is a thread about CB so i don't go intro any details about what i think about the MM case (as i also did stated on other posts i don't have any idea as the MM case by itself never interested me allot) but i'm interested in CB and on his crimes, that is for sure.

If the BKA is "digging" on CB to get other evidences for other crimes that he might have commited i do ask myself what crimes might those be.

Yes, CB will end up charged with more abuse/exposing itself/rapes, etc... but even those were in Portugal done.

All of this is strange to me. I would love to know what the BKA police is after but i can assure that whatever it is might not be what it does look at first glance.

Even the Initiative Vermisste Kinder do have "interest" on Madeleine. Huge interest ...

Vermisste Kinder (0-13 Jahre), Jugendliche (14-17 Jahre) und junge Erwachsene (18-26 Jahre) - Google My Maps

To be honest this is starting to be very weird ...

They do have a very well made site with cool map where MM is case "7" and have detailed info with a web-sete link that goes here :

BKA - Fahndung nach Personen - Verschwinden der Madeleine McCANN am 03.05.2007 in Praia da Luz / Portugal – Zeugen gesucht

They have PT and EN versions to get attention of people in other countries about what they are looking for regarding CB/MM.

They are doing pretty well but why not have all children in the world that might be linked to Germany suspects as well assinalated on the map ? If they did decide to include "Portugal" it's strange that they only mention MM and Rene Hasse. Ok, Rene is German as well to be fair but i bet there are many more German children missing on other places in the world that are not CB related, right ?

I found this to be strange. Only MM and René are listed.

Also i did contact the Vermisste kinder Initiative myself SEVERAL WEEKS ago.

If you click on INGA you do get a "vermisst seit" (the day she went missing) of 20/05 and that is WRONG. She went missing on 02/05. Yes, it might have been a "typo" but they didn't bother to correct it (i send them an e-mail about it for them to correct the map). Also there are no link to the Inga site - www.woistinga.de on the Inga map. The Inga site have this stated : - "Diese Seite wurde erstellt in Zusammenarbeit und mit Unterstützung der Initiative Vermisste Kinder" - meaning it was done in partnership with the Vermisste Kinder but it's clear what "priorities" they do have ...

I'm not saying this just to criticize the way one investigation or another is done what i do want to point out is that aparently at this point for whatever reason BKA and autorities that deal with missing children cases are way more "worried" and focused on the Madeleine case than they are worried with the cases that did happen in Germany.

I shouldn't be ranting and making this sort of comment as at the end of the day the fact that they are "back pigging" to MM is "good" for some other cases as well, for example in Portugal no-one would ever know about Inga if they hadn't talk about her on the media with the possibility of the link to MM suspect. Same as for MANY other missing children all over the world, so at the end of the day it's positive but what strikes me is what are the BKA after with all of this and why not to just send the info about the MM case to PJ or even British police and move on with the investigation on their own cases ...

Yes i do think as well that they might be "certain" that CB "did it" and they might be afraid of letting him get away but they did admit as well that they might not have enough to charge him so why to risk it all ?

Unless they can gain something like discovering links to other crimes i don't see what they will have to gain from involving on the MM case.

If i were working for the BKA the last thing that i would want would be to have to deal with the MM case ... Even so ....

For one side i want to believe that it's just "strategy" and they want to "investigate" other stuff not MM related but ...

When i do properly check on this matter it does apear that they did INVEST a huge amount of time and the did care allot as well for how the things about Madeleine were elaborated ... It's clear when someone is having "more care" or "more affection" for one case over the others and this is clear to me ... While i was thinking for one side that it was only strategy to get more about other crimes now i'm thinking that it must be something else ... something in that makes the BKA to get involvment in MM case NOT for orther cases but for the MM case itself .... And this confuses me ... because at the end of the day if they CLEAR CB of MM case as well the "link" will be gone and there will be no motivation for BKA to work on MM case ...

uuhhhhhh .... wait ..... that's IT.

CB is what "allows" BKA to have a "LINK" to Madeleine ....

I might be totaly wrong on his so 1000 excuses if i'm wrong....

Well, let's see what will happen at the end, if they charge CB or not, if they have evoidences or not and if they will continue to follow the Madeleine case even if CB is found to be "clear". Would they then remove the MM case from the Initiative Vermisste Kinder map then ?

Hi Chiatos,
Yes correct!
Here is the news item that already gave doubts (Imo) about CB as a POI into the disappearance of Jair S.
Jair Soares (7), verdwenen en vergeten - Reporters Online
Also posted in thread #3 page 39.
Kinda sad, that another family is/was kept in the dark, because of a sloppy investigation.

ETA: (WS thread about little Jaïr disappearance)
Holland - Jaïr Soares, 7, disappeared from the beach in Monster, 4 August 1995
If the perp was indeed the man of the sighting, then surely Jairs body couldn't have ended very far from the spot where he had dissppeared.
Why can't NL police search for his body the same way they will do for Tanja Groen's body?
(Although the search for Tanja's body will be thanks to heavy persuasion and lobbying by Van Koppen. Dutch police never meant to search for Tanja and actually preferred to close the file!)

What is STRANGE to me is WHY does the BKA - Braunschweig have this HUGE interest on MM case even knowing that the suspect is "German".

Many German guys do crimes all over the world including child murdering but the BKA is very "centrated" in getting MM case solved.

Let's see, Madeleine is English and she did went missing from Portugal, not Germany so if i was in the BKA (UNLESS I WERE TO HAVE ANY PERSONAL PARTICULAR INTEREST IN FOLLOWING/SOLVING THIS SPECIAL CASE) i would simply forward my leads to the PJ.

I know that as a German police if i were to be "sure" that CB was potential danger to people and that he could return to Germany and be a problem i might want to lock him down for good but doesn't make much sense ....

In my case If i were to stumble something about CB that would link him to MM i would simply contact PJ in Portugal and i would say "look i have this sort of lead on your case of MM so there you have it all and if you want assistence from us we will be very glad to try to get that CB guy in prison for MM case - but that would be me.

Why would BKA want SO BADLY to be the ones to solve the MM case and keep the crucial leads/clues/info for them ?

Yes, most likely it's also about getting for CB to be "known" to the public so people can reveal more info about more crimes that he might be linked to, as i did already posted several times but even so the BKA way of doing things on this particular case is "strange".

Don't get me wrong, i do hope that something "positive" does come from all of this and i do hope that something new can be found but the more i dig up on this the more strange it all looks.

Oh ... I'm here on this thread to discuss CB only (as this is a thread about CB so i don't go intro any details about what i think about the MM case (as i also did stated on other posts i don't have any idea as the MM case by itself never interested me allot) but i'm interested in CB and on his crimes, that is for sure.

If the BKA is "digging" on CB to get other evidences for other crimes that he might have commited i do ask myself what crimes might those be.

Yes, CB will end up charged with more abuse/exposing itself/rapes, etc... but even those were in Portugal done.

All of this is strange to me. I would love to know what the BKA police is after but i can assure that whatever it is might not be what it does look at first glance.

Even the Initiative Vermisste Kinder do have "interest" on Madeleine. Huge interest ...

Vermisste Kinder (0-13 Jahre), Jugendliche (14-17 Jahre) und junge Erwachsene (18-26 Jahre) - Google My Maps

To be honest this is starting to be very weird ...

They do have a very well made site with cool map where MM is case "7" and have detailed info with a web-sete link that goes here :

BKA - Fahndung nach Personen - Verschwinden der Madeleine McCANN am 03.05.2007 in Praia da Luz / Portugal – Zeugen gesucht

They have PT and EN versions to get attention of people in other countries about what they are looking for regarding CB/MM.

They are doing pretty well but why not have all children in the world that might be linked to Germany suspects as well assinalated on the map ? If they did decide to include "Portugal" it's strange that they only mention MM and Rene Hasse. Ok, Rene is German as well to be fair but i bet there are many more German children missing on other places in the world that are not CB related, right ?

I found this to be strange. Only MM and René are listed.

Also i did contact the Vermisste kinder Initiative myself SEVERAL WEEKS ago.

If you click on INGA you do get a "vermisst seit" (the day she went missing) of 20/05 and that is WRONG. She went missing on 02/05. Yes, it might have been a "typo" but they didn't bother to correct it (i send them an e-mail about it for them to correct the map). Also there are no link to the Inga site - www.woistinga.de on the Inga map. The Inga site have this stated : - "Diese Seite wurde erstellt in Zusammenarbeit und mit Unterstützung der Initiative Vermisste Kinder" - meaning it was done in partnership with the Vermisste Kinder but it's clear what "priorities" they do have ...

I'm not saying this just to criticize the way one investigation or another is done what i do want to point out is that aparently at this point for whatever reason BKA and autorities that deal with missing children cases are way more "worried" and focused on the Madeleine case than they are worried with the cases that did happen in Germany.

I shouldn't be ranting and making this sort of comment as at the end of the day the fact that they are "back pigging" to MM is "good" for some other cases as well, for example in Portugal no-one would ever know about Inga if they hadn't talk about her on the media with the possibility of the link to MM suspect. Same as for MANY other missing children all over the world, so at the end of the day it's positive but what strikes me is what are the BKA after with all of this and why not to just send the info about the MM case to PJ or even British police and move on with the investigation on their own cases ...

Yes i do think as well that they might be "certain" that CB "did it" and they might be afraid of letting him get away but they did admit as well that they might not have enough to charge him so why to risk it all ?

Unless they can gain something like discovering links to other crimes i don't see what they will have to gain from involving on the MM case.

If i were working for the BKA the last thing that i would want would be to have to deal with the MM case ... Even so ....

For one side i want to believe that it's just "strategy" and they want to "investigate" other stuff not MM related but ...

When i do properly check on this matter it does apear that they did INVEST a huge amount of time and the did care allot as well for how the things about Madeleine were elaborated ... It's clear when someone is having "more care" or "more affection" for one case over the others and this is clear to me ... While i was thinking for one side that it was only strategy to get more about other crimes now i'm thinking that it must be something else ... something in that makes the BKA to get involvment in MM case NOT for orther cases but for the MM case itself .... And this confuses me ... because at the end of the day if they CLEAR CB of MM case as well the "link" will be gone and there will be no motivation for BKA to work on MM case ...

uuhhhhhh .... wait ..... that's IT.

CB is what "allows" BKA to have a "LINK" to Madeleine ....

I might be totaly wrong on his so 1000 excuses if i'm wrong....

Well, let's see what will happen at the end, if they charge CB or not, if they have evoidences or not and if they will continue to follow the Madeleine case even if CB is found to be "clear". Would they then remove the MM case from the Initiative Vermisste Kinder map then ?
BKA's strategy is to gain time.
Their interest in CB is because they have concrete evidence of his involvement. Why would they hand over their investigation to PJ?
PJ didn't discover CB's involvement. BKA did. Therefore they will also finish it.

Madeleine McCann prime suspect Christian B will be questioned by German police

As I suggested previously, IMO they already have enough to meet the threshold of an arrest warrant (hence the strong accusatory tone) but they are just hoping for some last bits of evidence to put the nails in the coffin and ensure the conviction doesn't fall through. If nothing else comes to light, they will press ahead with the evidence they do have.

Also seems like a subtle middle finger to the recent "friends of the McCanns" article criticising HCW for not having questioned CB yet.

Last edited:
Their interest in CB is because they have concrete evidence of his involvement. Why would they hand over their investigation to PJ?
PJ didn't discover CB's involvement. BKA did. Therefore they will also finish it.

Ok. If you are correct we will just have to wait a little bit more untill BKA charges CB.

If I'm correct they will be unable to charge him over MM case (even if they can of course charge him on some other cases like the other sexual abuses commited in Portugal, etc).

At the end what is important is for justice to be made so for the ones following the MM case let's hope that BKA can indeed solve this ridlle...

As I suggested previously, IMO they already have enough to meet the threshold of an arrest warrant (hence the strong accusatory tone) but they are just hoping for some last bits of evidence to put the nails in the coffin and ensure the conviction doesn't fall through. If nothing else comes to light, they will press ahead with the evidence they do have.

Also seems like a subtle middle finger to the recent "friends of the McCanns" article criticising HCW for not having questioned CB yet.

The article that you posted ... Christian Wolters gave that "interview" to the Sun just to "defend" himself from the Mccann statements on the press that BKA investigation was "strange".

It's like milking the cow up untill there is no more milk left. As long as the McCanns keep on "fighting" Wolters on the press he will keep on "defending" his views (on public eyes) with no more added information.

Wolters didn't add anything; if they do indeed intend to charge CB goes without saying that they will end up to question him at one point or another. For now they are collecting more evidences as they say but it's exactly what they were doing already so this article serves no other purpose rather than "reply" to the criticism of the Mccanns on the recent media posts.

"Mr Wolters told The Sun on Sunday: “We are not in contact with the McCann family.

"Otherwise, we conduct our investigations as necessary. An interrogation of an accused often comes at the end of the investigation and is therefore not unusual.

"When the accused will be questioned depends on the further investigation. There is no fixed time for this.’’

I don't know a SINGLE case of a missing children done by an official police force of a country where the parents of the missing child are not informed/in direct contact with the relevant police forces (unless of course in cases where the parents are suspects or are dead,etc...)

Assuming BKA does have indeed certain that CB is guilty and that MM is dead then they do know for sure the MCCANNS are NOT GUILTY. Because CB is already in jail and will not go away to mess up evidences they would need to contact MCCANNS DIRECTLY and as soon as possible.

Again if i were at BKA I would attempt to talk with them directly to present the evidences that points out for the death of MM as parents have the right to know.

Even normal people that die at hospitals when they are already in bad shape and on UCI units, the doctors do call up the family to "prepare them" and explain the how the patient died even if they intend to do a forensic autopsy.

I don't see ANY REASON for the BKA NOT to call the MCCANNS and explain to them HOW CRUCIAL it is for them not to tell the media anything about this and then provide at least "something" to them if for nothing else just for "respect".

Put yourself in the position of the parents (assuming they are innocent), if you were them wouldn't you like to know what had happened to your daughter ?

Yes, BKA can do whatever they want but i'm NOT buying this up untill i see with my own eyes something about them charging CB FOR SURE and presenting to the world the "sollution" for Madeleine case.

Also on the same page :

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B ‘may have carried out more rapes’ in the Algarve, say German cops

Let's hope that people on Portugal at that time do come forward to see how many more "rapes" they can charge CB with. This is way more plausable to believe.

Of course i might be 100% wrong and i will have to apology in the future when CB is charged with MM dead but for now I will keep my believes untill they move forward with the investigation and more data is released.

:-)

(...)

The problem with this is that if they are sure CB is the one who did it so they are sure as well the McCanns are not to be blame and in that case do you think they deserve to be waiting some more time without knowing the truth ? Eventualy BKA will have to charge CB (or not) so why not to be at least a bit compreensive of the McCann's pain and clarify them at least to some degree ? Would you like to know that some police on a strange country did come to the conclusion that your loving daughter is dead by the NEWSPAPERS ? Aparently they did send a letter to the McCanns and so but it was way after the news were already on the media/tabloids for lots of time ....

<modsnip> So yes, i don't have any particular afinity to the McCanns also BUT ... if they are indeed innocent (of MM disapearence) i do believe they have the right to know what did happen to her with some more details than the ones that all the world know by the newspapers.

Then again if BKA "thinks" that it can compromise their "investigation" so be it, let's just hope that at the end this does end up in something that it's NOT the usual "circus" when another suspect of MM case appears.
Goes without saying that even if now another suspect were to appear BKA would want to stick with CB because if the suspect is not German/living in Germany they simply can't investigate on MM.

They wouldn't be able for example to investigate a pedo that lived on "Algarve" all of his life because they would be charging a PT citizen over a crime that did happen in Portugal involving an English victim... But they can investigate CB as he is German and was living in Germany.

Would they handle over the evidences to the PJ/Met police if they were to found something like proof that MM was dead but if the suspect were to be of a PT/ENG nationality and were NOT living in Germany ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this is that if they are sure CB is the one who did it so they are sure as well the McCanns are not to be blame and in that case do you think they deserve to be waiting some more time without knowing the truth ? Eventualy BKA will have to charge CB (or not) so why not to be at least a bit compreensive of the McCann's pain and clarify them at least to some degree ? Would you like to know that some police on a strange country did come to the conclusion that your loving daughter is dead by the NEWSPAPERS ? Aparently they did send a letter to the McCanns and so but it was way after the news were already on the media/tabloids for lots of time ....
For someone who apparently has no interest in this case you have an awful lot to say. I disagree with almost everything you assert but unless you want to condense your argument down into something concise rather the meandering nonsense which takes paragraphs upon paragraphs of repeating the same thing, I'm not going to bother addressing all the flaws in your unnecessarily elongated speeches. Get to the point and detail (without rambling) what you disagree with.

Last edited:
i thought we were so close to having the answers to what could possibly be the biggest mystery in the last 20 years which is what happened to Maddie McCann

but now after iv read a little more about the german authorities, i feel less sure we're at the end, i find it weird they said they have "concrete evidence" that Maddie is dead but now they can't proceed

it rubs me the wrong way, why come out and say stuff like that if you can't close the case

For someone who apparently has no interest in this case you have an awful lot to say. I disagree with almost everything you assert but unless you want to condense your argument down into something concise rather the meandering nonsense which takes paragraphs upon paragraphs of repeating the same thing, I'm not going to bother addressing all the flaws in your unnecessarily elongated speeches. Get to the point and detail (without rambling) what you disagree with.

No problem. I don't have anything more to say regarding this matter anyhow.

If i were to be able to "bet" on this one I would say that BKA will not charge CB (because they lack evidences - if they were to have evidences they would have charged him by now and if they didn't gather enough evidence they will not gather anything new as well now) but BKA will not say that he is "clear" as well because they would loose the "link" that they have to MM case and then they would be unable to "investigate" or be "participating on it" any further (crime in Portugal with English victim. If the suspect is not German and not living in Germany BKA will not be able to do anything on MM case).

So what I think is that things will remain like they are now for a while and BKA will simply state that it's an on-going investigation.

At least for 7 years in the future CB will not go anywhere so BKA have plenty of time to "plan" their next move.

Of course i can be wrong and they can surprize me and charge CB and of course i will have to admit that i was 100% wrong but again time will tell.

I've stated what I think about this matter (CB) and I think it's enough now. I will avoid comment further unless something relevant happen.

At any rate wishing all good luck for BKA so that they can finaly solve this case.

Oh ... and by the way not only I'm NOT CB lawyer but also I DON'T LIKE THE Mccanns at all. I HATE some of the stuff that they did do and I hate even more the way the media deal with other missing children disapearences linking it to Madeleine even when the cases are 100% not related. So yes, i don't have any particular afinity to the McCanns also BUT ... if they are indeed innocent (of MM disapearence) i do believe they have the right to know what did happen to her with some more details than the ones that all the world know by the newspapers.

Then again if BKA "thinks" that it can compromise their "investigation" so be it, let's just hope that at the end this does end up in something that it's NOT the usual "circus" when another suspect of MM case appears.
Goes without saying that even if now another suspect were to appear BKA would want to stick with CB because if the suspect is not German/living in Germany they simply can't investigate on MM.

They wouldn't be able for example to investigate a pedo that lived on "Algarve" all of his life because they would be charging a PT citizen over a crime that did happen in Portugal involving an English victim... But they can investigate CB as he is German and was living in Germany.

Would they handle over the evidences to the PJ/Met police if they were to found something like proof that MM was dead but if the suspect were to be of a PT/ENG nationality and were NOT living in Germany ?

It is quite strange how you so strongly dislike the parents of a missing child and have such strong opinions on them and the case. It’s not Madeleine’s fault or her parents fault that Madeleine gained so much media attention, don’t pit victims against each other.
They have a right to know what happened to her but if it’s impacts the investigation of course the BKA are not going to tell them. There is no ulterior motive for the BKA.
IMO, they are making the case airtight because if there is any doubt FF can bring the McCann’s into it as his argument.

[snipped].

This confirms what I was worried about. HCW is now using the media to argue with the parents and justify his actions. If he hadn't given that Sun interview in the first place, none of this pointless airing of views would be happening.

There is no reason for him to give these latest comments, unless of course, they are actually the target for his media strategy - which is what I suspect. Otherwise, speaking to the parents (i.e the victims) via the media is extremely strange and hard to justify. Why not talk to them offline? He can of course just ring them up and give exactly the same reassurances.

Would you like to know that some police on a strange country did come to the conclusion that your loving daughter is dead by the NEWSPAPERS ? Aparently they did send a letter to the McCanns and so but it was way after the news were already on the media/tabloids for lots of time ....

RSBM

This has been my problem with HCW's approach since day 1. It is extremely strange, unless there is a dynamic we don't know about.

One possible answer is that the parents refuse to engage with the police forces based on sensible legal advice and the history of the case. We can guess for example they still do not speak voluntarily with PJ.

Are they refusing any kind of informal sit down with BKA? Has one been offered? Do they meet informally with the Met?

We don't know the answers to these questions but I suspect they are maybe formally notified of things, but otherwise are kept on a tight leash by their lawyers advice.

According to the story we have been told, BKA didn't discover it either. Rather the informant told the Met.

Way back at the start of this, I did wonder why HCW would want to get involved in a notorious cold case that isn't even on the books in germany.

It makes some sense to me that he wanted to use the notoriety of MM to clear some german cold cases.

According to the story we have been told, BKA didn't discover it either. Rather the informant told the Met.

Way back at the start of this, I did wonder why HCW would want to get involved in a notorious cold case that isn't even on the books in germany.

It makes some sense to me that he wanted to use the notoriety of MM to clear some german cold cases.

CB was questioned(or at least was asked to appear in the police station/BKA) already in 2013 with relation to the MM case. So i don't think he first came into BKA's spotlight only in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother