Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this release will prove to be reliable or not..

According The Sun there’s something to do with phone records …new article today…

Am curious why such details would be released to public ?

New lead German cops probing Maddie suspect is revealed to be phone records

So it really looks like, that they are working on his motion profile and CB seems to have left Portugal not so shortly after may 3rd 2007. That profile could also lead to possible whereabouts.

Yes, i'm very curious either, if something will be revealed in the near future.

I believe that the socalled concrete evidence they have that mm is dead, is either a photo or video. A visual proof, otherwise I find it hard to imagine that LE would state to the public that they know she is dead. I also believe that this evidence has not been shared with the parents to protect the integrity of the case, and this is why the parents keep up faith that the German LE are wrong in their conclusions, until they absolutely know for sure that she is dead. I Think the last this LE need to charge CB is to be able to prove that he was in the area at the time of the abduction. That is why phone records or maybe Other peoples holiday pictures become important. Whatever Can tie CB to the site at the time of the abduction. I hope the rumours are right, and a breakthrough in the case will be announced soon.
However I am so so sorry for the parents, if it turns out that CB abducted mm and visual evidence of her being dead in fact exists. What kind of monsters not only abducts Young children but document their killing? The direction this case has taken goes far beyond my imagination.
All above just MOO, I kind of hope I am wrong.

[
I'm sighing here.

Not at you, Superdad, but at HCW.

He believes MM was killed in Portugal.
He is optimistic he will solve this case.
But he can't say anything more about anything.

Adding nothing whatsoever to anything.

I wonder why he keeps on providing updates that are filled with nothing but inconsequential fluff?
He has no obligation to entertain some random anons on teh internetz. He has a important, once in a lifetime case to win.

I believe that the socalled concrete evidence they have that mm is dead, is either a photo or video. A visual proof, otherwise I find it hard to imagine that LE would state to the public that they know she is dead. I also believe that this evidence has not been shared with the parents to protect the integrity of the case, and this is why the parents keep up faith that the German LE are wrong in their conclusions, until they absolutely know for sure that she is dead. I Think the last this LE need to charge CB is to be able to prove that he was in the area at the time of the abduction. That is why phone records or maybe Other peoples holiday pictures become important. Whatever Can tie CB to the site at the time of the abduction. I hope the rumours are right, and a breakthrough in the case will be announced soon.
However I am so so sorry for the parents, if it turns out that CB abducted mm and visual evidence of her being dead in fact exists. What kind of monsters not only abducts Young children but document their killing? The direction this case has taken goes far beyond my imagination.
This was always my contention too. Concrete but not forensic evidence can only mean pics or vids. Not enough to convict without additional evidence like his whereabouts on these dates.

This was always my contention too. Concrete but not forensic evidence can only mean pics or vids. Not enough to convict without additional evidence like his whereabouts on these dates.

It could explain, why the prosecutors are so curious about whereabouts and like to search them for (maybe further?) footage.

AFAIK C.B. was keen on filming his deeds, whatsoever the purpose of filming them might have been and keeping it forever by burying it. I assume he has been capable of almost everything, he could have made some money of it.

He has been convicted based on special modus operandi of torturing and filming in the DM case.

He is suspected to have used the same modus operandi in the HB case.

He described a similar modus operandi on paedo chats. In a virtual world, in which that footage is used to be shared and likely to be sold for making money.

Last edited:
It could explain, why the prosecutors are so curious about whereabouts and like to search them for (maybe further?) footage.

AFAIK C.B. was keen on filming his deeds, whatsoever the purpose of filming them might have been and keeping it forever by burying it. I assume he has been capable of almost everything, he could have made some money of it.

He has been convicted based on special modus operandi of torturing and filming in the DM case.

He described a similar modus operandi on paedo chats. In a virtual world, in which that footage is used to be shared and likely to be sold for making money.

I agree that except from the burglaries, IMO he had other sources of income. I keep reading that CB returning in Germany, he bought a brand new camper, he bought land, I m not sure if he rented or owned the kiosk in Braunschweig.. Also in Portugal he was renting, I think, two houses.. For someone who leaves his country when only 19 years old and works in a country (Portugal) were I believe salaries are not to be compared with Germany, he did come back quite "loaded"

I agree that except from the burglaries, IMO he had other sources of income. I keep reading that CB returning in Germany, he bought a brand new camper, he bought land, I m not sure if he rented or owned the kiosk in Braunschweig.. Also in Portugal he was renting, I think, two houses.. For someone who leaves his country when only 19 years old and works in a country (Portugal) were I believe salaries are not to be compared with Germany, he did come back quite "loaded"

Yes, IMO there is something about it. If we could trust the reports, we have a former "best-criminal-buddy" called Michael T., who seems to have confirmed his friend C.B.'s goal to earn a million and even perverted behavior. Shortly after being released from prison, being "highjacked" from his firends and living like a gypsy from early 2007 (no offence!)?

For a complex case, it could be simple at the end, although that kind of simplicity makes me shiver a lot!

Yeah. For a murder “beyond reasonable doubt” conviction, merely possessing a video of the murder might not be enough. But obviously enough to be sure of murder.

Not sure if we discussed the whereabout if the vw in one of the pics that was released but this link suggests it's in foral and I wonder if they will start looking around this area soon?
Could evidence in this house lead police to Madeleine McCann? | Daily Mail Online
I honestly don't think that the Portuguese PJ will do any more searches related to CB/MM unless BKA/German LEA do provide something more specific and detailed about CB to them. I don't think this will happen either.

I wonder if this release will prove to be reliable or not..
According The Sun there’s something to do with phone records …new article today…
Am curious why such details would be released to public ?
New lead German cops probing Maddie suspect is revealed to be phone records

FOR ME This is fake news almost for sure.

First of all yesterday Portuguese CM TV did broadcast some updates about the MM case and it was stated that PJ did need for BKA/HCW to provide something more specific about CB so that they could do something like get a warrant to extradite CB to Portugal and charge him or attempt to trial him for MM crime. Without solid info from German LEA the PJ will not do anything more related to CB, something among those lines.

PJ will want to have the jurisdiction over the MM case as it was something very discussed and of public awareness so they will want for Portugal to trial the case and for that they want German LEA to provide the info that they have so that they can conduct the investigation. They will not provide themselves the info to German LEA as they will want to be in charge of the case. One can deduct that BKA didn't share the "secret evidences" that they have with PJ neither the "new evidences".

So even if the PJ were to have some sort of phone records related to CB they wouldn't provide those to BKA/German LEA same way they denied to provide DNA samples to German.

Also if CB was not even properly investigated on the time by PJ is very hard to believe that phone logs with location of CB were to exist nowadays. Phone company providers would keep data for 3 or 5 years, without any reason to "target" CB they wouldn't check what antennas his phone would activate without a warrant to get that info.

On the time they did collect info from the phone cells on PDL and that is available on the MM DVD process files but because there was no specific reason to target CB phones as I can't even find him on MM DVD process files it's very hard to believe that records were to still exist right now in 2021 from specific CB phone number and to request that PJ would have to query the phone providers and even if the records were to still exist I truly doubt that they would handle those to German LEA.

Moral of the story for me the initial "secret evidence" and the "newer evidences" are NOT related to tracing CB movements in Portugal by phone cell location.

I think that PJ will help BKA and cooperate with them fully to charge CB with the other 3 crimes that they are investigating him for but I truly doubt they will help much on MM case unless BKA opens the game with PJ and share what they really have about CB/MM.

If pictures and/or video of MM were to be found German LEA would simply cut a piece/frame of the media with MM face/body and would send to MM parents for ID. This is the police protocol even on Germany and no matter what the procedure wouldn't be any different. As example take PK case for instance. Some point in time some photos/videos of a girl been abused appeared on the internet and LEA did send some cropped frames to PK parents for ID. You can google about it. Procedure wouldn't change. Also it would be something above StA braunschweig / BKA. Those frames would end up on international database for ID.
Whatever they have FOR ME it's NOT photos/videos of MM.

For me :

- As stated here : - New lead German cops probing Maddie suspect is revealed to be phone records

“The feeling among Portuguese officers is that Christian B isn’t the man who took Maddie.

I think that as stated the PJ still doesn't believe that CB is the responsible for MM crime as BKA didn't provide the secret evidences + new evidences, etc so for the PJ "something else" did happen to MM like GA theory. Unless BKA/HCW can make PJ change their mind I don't think that PJ will co-operate much as well on regard to the MM case. Goes without saying that as mentioned on some articles already they will fully co-operate in attempt to get CB charged with the other 3 cases like the Irish rape, etc.

- SY/MET/Operation Grange most likely don't have BKA secret evidences as well so they can't do anything about CB. They still want to show that they are doing "something" if not for anything else to justify the costs of Operation Grange and request more money so they are after MN in hope that he does "know something" MM related even if the chances of him to be involved on the crime are close to 0. They also need to show something to MM parents as they are the police force that are "closer" to them, meaning they will follow their will to search for a living MM unless someone like BKA can indeed show something that without doubt shows that she is dead.

BKA FOR ME is in a bad position as they need full PT co-operation to search on PT for possible MM body and/or more evidences but they don't want to share the info that they have (or at least initially they didn't do so even if now they are stating on the papers that they will reveal all of it on the next meeting in Portugal).

For me the old secret info are all that we already know + witness statement about some possible CB confession with details of the crime and/or something indirect like interception of text/calls that links CB to MM.

The NEW evidences/pieces that they are talking about now most likely are related to behavior examination of CB actions related to MM case, in other words actions that CB did made related to MM case that match actions that he did make on crimes that he is guilty for (and/or don't match actions under same circumstances on crimes he was cleared out).

Last edited:
If pictures and/or video of MM were to be found German LEA would simply cut a piece/frame of the media with MM face/body and would send to MM parents for ID. This is the police protocol even on Germany and no matter what the procedure wouldn't be any different. As example take PK case for instance. Some point in time some photos/videos of a girl been abused appeared on the internet and LEA did send some cropped frames to PK parents for ID. You can google about it. Procedure wouldn't change. Also it would be something above StA braunschweig / BKA. Those frames would end up on international database for ID.
Whatever they have FOR ME it's NOT photos/videos of MM.

"If pictures and/or video of MM were to be found German LEA would simply cut a piece/frame of the media with MM face/body and would send to MM parents for ID"

Please excuse, but that that doesn't make sense! No prosecutor will reveal his first hand evidence, without any reason. No prosecutor needs the relatives of a possible victim, to prove who the victim on the footage could be. Even when the possible possible victim is carrying a rare coloboma!

Come on man, prosecutors do have enough experts, to classify possible victims.....!o_O

Last year i stated in some deleted posts, that this year is going to be a bumpy ride for a lot of vile people.

Since then, a lot of things happened, regarding to organized darkweb-paedo-databases worldwide.

Unfortuneatly with a preference to german paedos. I'm ashamed of my fellow citizens, i must admit!

The most interesting thing is, that some members in here seem to have to handle some beads of sweat on the forehead right now.

But maybe it's just my imagination, so please don't think about it!;)

I wonder who is the audience for the comments

Is the idea to prepare the public for disappointment so they don't give up on the case? But if CB did do it, how can the search continue?

A normal PR strategy would be to offer hope for the German investigation, and urge the public to get in touch with any info that might help. Instead they seem to demotivate ....
I do wonder if emotions are the driver here. If it’s CB then very unlikely MM is alive… and they are still hopeful of finding her alive, which I empathise with

For me :

- As stated here : - New lead German cops probing Maddie suspect is revealed to be phone records

“The feeling among Portuguese officers is that Christian B isn’t the man who took Maddie.

I think that as stated the PJ still doesn't believe that CB is the responsible for MM crime as BKA didn't provide the secret evidences + new evidences, etc so for the PJ "something else" did happen to MM like GA theory. Unless BKA/HCW can make PJ change their mind I don't think that PJ will co-operate much as well on regard to the MM case. Goes without saying that as mentioned on some articles already they will fully co-operate in attempt to get CB charged with the other 3 cases like the Irish rape, etc.

- SY/MET/Operation Grange most likely don't have BKA secret evidences as well so they can't do anything about CB. They still want to show that they are doing "something" if not for anything else to justify the costs of Operation Grange and request more money so they are after MN in hope that he does "know something" MM related even if the chances of him to be involved on the crime are close to 0. They also need to show something to MM parents as they are the police force that are "closer" to them, meaning they will follow their will to search for a living MM unless someone like BKA can indeed show something that without doubt shows that she is dead.

BKA FOR ME is in a bad position as they need full PT co-operation to search on PT for possible MM body and/or more evidences but they don't want to share the info that they have (or at least initially they didn't do so even if now they are stating on the papers that they will reveal all of it on the next meeting in Portugal).

For me the old secret info are all that we already know + witness statement about some possible CB confession with details of the crime and/or something indirect like interception of text/calls that links CB to MM.

The NEW evidences/pieces that they are talking about now most likely are related to behavior examination of CB actions related to MM case, in other words actions that CB did made related to MM case that match actions that he did make on crimes that he is guilty for (and/or don't match actions under same circumstances on crimes he was cleared out).
I'm Portuguese and I think it's shameful for PJ to realize what they did not do, how they failed in handling the case from the beginning and how the case can be now solved by other police force, 14 years later.

Unfortunately it will not be a suprise if they are still crystallized in the pathetic GA theories and "believing" CB is not the man. Unfortunately it will not be a suprise if they insist, presumptuously and spitefully, that they do not and will not cooperate. Unless BKA opens the game and share the evidences. But will they help in speeding up the process?! Will they still not want to take the final honours? Or discredit the German pieces?!

I want to be wrong and believe there will be no more obstacles to the investigation and final outcome.

If I remember correctly Amaral stated that LE did visit CB's abode and he was not home. Amaral tried to make out that it was in connection with MM, but it was in fact for CB's non payment of the fine he received for the diesel theft. I can't remember exactly when this was, I think late 2007, early 2008.
Just to confirm that this was in November 2007

"But Brueckner never paid the fine and when police tried to enforce payment in November 2007 he had disappeared from the address in Barrocal that he had given the court.

It is at that point that the Bedford van is believed to have been impounded by the police in lieu of the unpaid fine.
"

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner's van before it could be searched | Daily Mail Online

I do wonder if emotions are the driver here. If it’s CB then very unlikely MM is alive… and they are still hopeful of finding her alive, which I empathise with

They are absolutely clinging on to the hope that MM is alive in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. They are maintaining their usual stance. I don't think KM will cope very well if it is established that MM has been dead all these years.

Not sure if this name has been mentioned before as the 2017 witness that CB apparently confessed to. Thx to @BIZCOCHO for this info.

"He became a suspect in the Maddie McCann case in 2017, when he confessed to D.R. (full name in article), a Portuguese friend, on the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance, that he knew everything that had happened. R. immediately informed the police, but there was a lack of evidence to arrest him. The British metropolitan police were informed and an investigation began with the German and Portuguese police, who had initially investigated and ruled out Bruckner among 600 'persons of interest'"
El estremecedor relato del pedófilo alemán acusado del secuestro de Maddie
Google Translate

Although living in the UK since 2015 D.R. was in Lagos in 2017.

But could the PJ be thinking that because they still think the answers lie within the circle of friends?

Also because it must be embarrassing for them for this to potentially be solved by another force.

I think PJ already agreed to the embarrassing fiasco when Redwood and his colleagues came over and flamboyantly "searched" areas that had already been searched before and turned up nothing while the media reported breathlessly over it.

I doubt Portugal will allow anything similar to happen again without specific intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot