Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, that was exactly the reason for the re-registering. CB wanted to quickly change his registration plates. The possible reasons for that are self explanatory if he feared the vehicle may have been spotted the day of MM's disappearance.

Again from JC's book when he spoke to Alexander Bischof.

Later when it came to the unusual move of re-registering the car into his name, Brueckner told him it was ‘due to an insurance issue’ and that he couldn’t keep it registered in Munich, even though it was still in Portugal. ‘It had a number plate from Munich and he said he couldn’t keep it any longer. His friend [was this Hubert?] could not keep it any longer at his address. He said he needed to get it registered in Augsburg, but because he had no address here he needed to get one in order to get insurance. And I said, “OK, I can give you my address for the number plate and the papers.” I figured it would mean he could keep his car to look for work. I was only trying to help him. I had no idea it meant he was driving around doing his business in my name.

ETA: The insurance excuse just seems bogus to me and I don't really see why changing the registration would help fix an insurance issue? Besides, CB has convictions before and after this time for driving without insurance, as well as several other driving convictions. So it seems suspect why he would call AB and be in such a rush to get this apparent insurance issue sorted.

I have no idea if CB is lying or not, but the story makes sense from Alexander Bischof's point of view - I think @SuperdadV8 has explained this before.

In Germany everything flows from your "wohnsitz" i.e. it is compulsory for every person to be registered at a domestic address. This address is required to do many things like register a car. It appears on your personal identity card and on your driver's license.

in 2007 CB likely had no current "wohnsitz" in germany You can change it to "ausland" when you go abroad. This means he isn't liable to contribute to health insurance or tax for example, so he probably did do this

As we know, he got a friend to hold the registration to a Munich address, enabling him to get Munich plates and insure the car. If that friend decided not to renew the yearly registration (e.g when he got grief from the traffic department about an infringement in portugal?? moved maybe??), CB would not be able to maintain the registration OR insure the car (if it even was insured).

So from the point of view of AB, it makes some sense that CB needed someone else with a german "wohnsitz" to register the car and then insure it. i.e. CB has a problem with both issues, not just insurance.

As to whether the story CB spun is true or not it would be interesting to know when the yearly registration/insurance renewal of the car was. Did he even have insurance?

So it could be possible someone was helping him out, but got sick of the arrangement when it went on too long, or CB wasn't good at paying the registration fees. Then he approached AB - but as AB lives in Augsburg, that means different plates (another weirdness of germany).

One also suspects the reason he isn't getting Portuguese plates like he is supposed to, is he probably wasn't officially registered there for any administrative purposes - operating "schwartz" essentially as a tourist. So he does this stuff in germany because it's the only place where he knows how to do it, and can produce the right paperwork.

Hopefully this is some useful background.

It may be he wanted new plates so approached AB. But it could also be he needed a new address - and because AB didn't live in Munich, that means new plates.

I can see why AB fell for it - though it was stupid to do.

Whatever the situation and if the car registration had been seen in relation to MM's disappearance, the reg would have been traced in Germany and I'm sure a chat with the 'friend' would have confirmed that CB was the actual driver that night.

Whatever the situation and if the car registration had been seen in relation to MM's disappearance, the reg would have been traced in Germany and I'm sure a chat with the 'friend' would have confirmed that CB was the actual driver that night.

If the ‘Munich friend’ was known to the police, CB might want to divert attention from him.

This is exactly what I think! He wouldn't have received the actual plates immediately. So it is only an issue of where the car would have been registered at that particular time. And he thought nobody would be able to trace the car to him jmo

If the ‘Munich friend’ was known to the police, CB might want to divert attention from him.

Yeah - there are a lot of potential reasons here, including dealing with German bureaucracy.

One obvious benefit of new plates is that if a traffic stop runs the car, they might not realise it's the same car they've busted before - but they will surely realise its the same guy.

The other thing is, one doesn't just get new plates on the drop of a hat. You have to find someone willing to do your scheme, and they have to have the paperwork to register the car - then they have to go into the Behörde

This is exactly what I think! He wouldn't have received the actual plates immediately. So it is only an issue of where the car would have been registered at that particular time. And he thought nobody would be able to trace the car to him jmo

I do think new plates would stand up to cursory inspection in Portugal. So if police ran the plate, the previous infringements related to that car in portugal would not come up. It would appear as a new tourist vehicle.

This may have been his point

Yes - it wouldn't survive any detailed investigation.

I wonder what details of a foreign registered car even come up when they run plates in portugal in 2007? Not that CB would likely know.

Here’s a thought, it can probably be discounted but I’ll put it out there for that. The VW WF was on Portuguese plates, probably registered somewhere in the Algarve, BP? If transporting MM through Spain and stopping at Alcossebre and perhaps elsewhere, these plates would add further suspicion.

However, a German guy with an Anglo kid in a VW with German plates is more consistent for a German tourist ... probably wouldn’t even give reason for a check to be made.

@tedtink do you know if BMS 1045 were Munich plates, or do we know what the rego number of the Jag was? I can’t recall but think that the plates at Alcossebre were issued from Hanover?

He could’ve picked up the new plates for the Jag from AB if he went to Augsburg after Alcossebre.

Anyhoo, just a thought.

Here’s a thought, it can probably be discounted but I’ll put it out there for that. The VW WF was on Portuguese plates, probably registered somewhere in the Algarve, BP? If transporting MM through Spain and stopping at Alcossebre and perhaps elsewhere, these plates would add further suspicion.

However, a German guy with an Anglo kid in a VW with German plates is more consistent for a German tourist ... probably wouldn’t even give reason for a check to be made.

@tedtink do you know if BMS 1045 were Munich plates, or do we know what the rego number of the Jag was? I can’t recall but think that the plates at Alcossebre were issued from Hanover?

He could’ve picked up the new plates for the Jag from AB if he went to Augsburg after Alcossebre.

Anyhoo, just a thought.

The Jaguar had license plate # A NM 816

A documentary by the broadcaster Sat.1 provided new details in the Maddie McCann case. Now the suspect, who is currently in prison, has filed a complaint against one of the journalists.

Christian B., who was arrested for rape, has filed a criminal complaint against journalist Jutta Rabe "on suspicion of qualified defamation". The letter from his lawyer Friedrich Fülscher to the public prosecutor's office in Kiel is available to "Spiegel". The background is a TV documentary followed by a talk show about B., the suspect in the Madeleine McCann kidnapping case . Fülscher writes that the program contained "false factual allegations" intended to make his client "contemptible".

Rabe said in the documentary that B. allegedly starved two dogs. In fact, according to Fülscher, one of the dogs escaped, the other was euthanized due to an incurable cancer, which he also communicated when asked by Sat.1. During the TV talk, Rabe also said that in two other cases against B. for raping an Irish woman and abusing a child, the public prosecutor's office probably had fingerprints and DNA traces. According to an e-mail from the public prosecutor's office, from which Fülscher quotes, these details are "inaccurate". Rabe did not want to comment on the matter when asked, the presumption of innocence applies.

Maddie McCann: Verdächtiger Entführer klagt gegen TV-Journalistin

A documentary by the broadcaster Sat.1 provided new details in the Maddie McCann case. Now the suspect, who is currently in prison, has filed a complaint against one of the journalists.

Christian B., who was arrested for rape, has filed a criminal complaint against journalist Jutta Rabe "on suspicion of qualified defamation". The letter from his lawyer Friedrich Fülscher to the public prosecutor's office in Kiel is available to "Spiegel". The background is a TV documentary followed by a talk show about B., the suspect in the Madeleine McCann kidnapping case . Fülscher writes that the program contained "false factual allegations" intended to make his client "contemptible".

Rabe said in the documentary that B. allegedly starved two dogs. In fact, according to Fülscher, one of the dogs escaped, the other was euthanized due to an incurable cancer, which he also communicated when asked by Sat.1. During the TV talk, Rabe also said that in two other cases against B. for raping an Irish woman and abusing a child, the public prosecutor's office probably had fingerprints and DNA traces. According to an e-mail from the public prosecutor's office, from which Fülscher quotes, these details are "inaccurate". Rabe did not want to comment on the matter when asked, the presumption of innocence applies.

Maybe JR got her info about the dogs from a local from the kiosk area 'Norbert M' who back in June 2020 claimed "he left two dogs to die of thirst during one return visit to the Algarve."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-gave-sweets-22150123

In another Mirror article from June 2020

"His German pals told the Mirror he had two dogs he treated so badly that one of them died. One was a daschund-cross called Mrs Muller, the other a rottweiler called Charlie. He reportedly left them locked inside a kiosk bar for six weeks – with one becoming so malnourished it died."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/true-untold-story-madeleine-mccann-22184502

Last edited:

Interesting.

I was suspecting FF might have a go at the english tabs but you'd need a lot of money to finance an action like that.

Interesting.

I was suspecting FF might have a go at the english tabs but you'd need a lot of money to finance an action like that.

Obviously there is a pattern.

Unfortuneatly it looks like as if FF became CB's puppet and not otherwise. As a lawyer, in germany you get paid, no matter if you win or lose such a case. And by the way, what does it matter?

Being accused of having killed a three year old child, no response!

Being accused to be responsible of the death of two dogs (what's horrible if true!), the accused person shows a reaction!:D:D:D

It's so predictable.....:rolleyes:

ETA: This has become a farce for FF, even if the prosecutors will never be able to prove any guilt. My goodness....

Last edited:
Obviously there is a pattern. Unfortuneatly it looks like as if FF became CB's puppet and not otherwise. As a lawyer, in germany you get paid, no matter if you win or lose such a case.

And by the way, what does it matter? Being accused of having killed a three year old child, no response!

Being accused to be responsible of the death of two dogs (what's horrible if true!), the accused person shows a reaction!:D:D:D

It's so predictable.....:rolleyes:

ETA: This has become a farce for FF, even if the prosecutors will never be able to prove any guilt. My goodness....

The "other strong arm of the law" reacting, because somebody might have said the most infamous suspect in one of the most famous missing person cases could be responsible for a deceased dog! :D

Please don't get me wrong! I love animals from the deepest dephts of my heart. Often much more than humans.

But this is getting so ridiculous....;)

ETA: Laurel & Hardy 2.0....:D

Great!

Last edited:
Rabe said in the documentary that B. allegedly starved two dogs.

Rabe also said that in two other cases against B. for raping an Irish woman and abusing a child, the public prosecutor's office probably had fingerprints and DNA traces.

Just for these? No other defamation?
Might just be one way of forcing HCW's hand on the mention of the 1/2 fingerprint on the knife?

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members