Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not true so why is it even being posited as a possibility that warrants any further discussion on here? Is it just boredom in the absence of progress?

CB's own lawyer, FF, has confirmed that CB was not just in Portugal on the eve of 3rd May 2007 but also in the general vicinity of PdL. Can we not just take that as a given? Here, in FF's own words -

Fulscher doesn't actually say that CB was in the vicinity of PDL on the 3rd in that article. He talks about walking different routes around the resort and how, in his opinion, CB couldn't have done it without being caught. But he still hasn't explained what he meant by this conclusion. And if he was implying that CB was in/near PDL on the 3rd, it does not stack up with what they are currently saying.

In his letter to MWT, CB states that he never returned to PDL after 2006. He also states he can't recall if he was with his 'fling' on the 3rd or not. Which, by extension, seems to imply that he cannot state with certainty where he was on that date.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually his alibi should it get to court. He may just give a list of places he "might have been" because he apparently "can't remember" exactly what he did each day. Some nights he was with his fling, some nights in Foral, some in Tomar, some in Barranco, maybe a few drug runs to Spain or Germany thrown in for good measure.

As C Greek said though, this is the first time we've heard what account CB allegedly told police back in 2013. That's why it is of interest. Whether the CNN report is accurate or not is yet to be seen. But it would be a significant piece of evidence against CB if the BKA have witnesses or other evidence that place him in Portugal during the time period he claimed to have been in a different country.

I couldn’t find the link of original source from Bild , but the below link from Portugal are claiming that CB has a scar on his
leg. Which if is on his right thigh will further back up HB‘s case and quite possibly the Salema assault or anything we don’t know about . These cases must be due soon surely ? Wasn’t the last statement from HCW looking at end of May beginning of June ?

I couldn’t find the link of original source from Bild , but the below link from Portugal are claiming that CB has a scar on his
leg. Which if is on his right thigh will further back up HB‘s case and quite possibly the Salema assault or anything we don’t know about . These cases must be due soon surely ? Wasn’t the last statement from HCW looking at end of May beginning of June ?
Right, but according to the fact that the court decides if it will open the main proceedings and most of the judges might have been on the pentecost holidays, the courts just took of work aigain from yesterday, so it may take a few days longer.

Bay the way, i wouldn't put too much attention into the "yes or no cross-shaped tattoo-, scar-, birthmark issue" including thighs or buttocks. There have been reports of him, allegedly wearing tights on particular occasions.

Every well eqipped store for custumes should have things like these in it's collection IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-103210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-103210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-103232_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-103232_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
It's not really new information as FF was talking about this back in September 2020:

“Hazel B said the perpetrator had a noticeable tattoo or birthmark on his right buttock”, explained Fülscher. “That excludes Christian B straight away as he doesn’t have anything like that”.

However, FF conveniently left out that Hazel B also said the mark may just have been a pull in the tights:

“I had gone to bed around 1am, and was awoken by someone calling my name. I turned on to my back and standing there was a masked man dressed in tights and what resembled a leotard, a machete around 12in long in his hand,” she said.

The man, who she later told police spoke English with a German accent, was about 6ft 1in. He wore a mask that covered his whole head, she said, “but I could see he had blond eyebrows, and piercing blue eyes, even in the dark”.

She also recalled a distinctive mark on the top of his right thigh, “either a pull in the tights, a birthmark or a tattoo”.

While it would be very useful for the prosecution case if CB does have such a mark on his body, it is unlikely to be something that is "decisive" in acquitting him if he doesn't, since she already stated it may have just been a flaw in the tights themselves.

The main thing is the MO of the crine is almost identical to the DM rape and Hazel's description of the perp matches CB exactly, even down to his attire matching what DM described in her attack. If they also have CB's fingerprint in her apartment (as was reported), I don't think the lack of a birthmark/scar/tattoo on CB's thigh is likely to be a deciding factor in the Judge's eyes.

Last edited:
@C.greek and @Dlk79 - thanks for the background. :cool:

I still interpret FF's remarks though as if it's a given (as far as he's concerned, based on what his client has told him) that CB was both in Portugal and somewhere in the 'broader vicinity' of PdL on the day, since why would FF be testing out various to-and-from routes otherwise? If CB had told FF that he was out of the country at the time, there would have been no need for FF to go to Portugal on a fact-finding mission. The fact he did do this surely implies that CB is no longer using this alleged 2013 'out of the country' alibi and has said as much to FF.

I hope that make sense. I'm not saying anything one way or the other about the CNN report, just my impression of FF's actions and remarks.

Last edited:
It's not really new information as FF was talking about this back in September 2020:

“Hazel B said the perpetrator had a noticeable tattoo or birthmark on his right buttock”, explained Fülscher. “That excludes Christian B straight away as he doesn’t have anything like that”.

However, FF conveniently left out that Hazel B also said the mark may just have been a pull in the tights:

“I had gone to bed around 1am, and was awoken by someone calling my name. I turned on to my back and standing there was a masked man dressed in tights and what resembled a leotard, a machete around 12in long in his hand,” she said.

The man, who she later told police spoke English with a German accent, was about 6ft 1in. He wore a mask that covered his whole head, she said, “but I could see he had blond eyebrows, and piercing blue eyes, even in the dark”.

She also recalled a distinctive mark on the top of his right thigh, “either a pull in the tights, a birthmark or a tattoo”.

While it would be very useful for the prosecution case if CB does have such a mark on his body, it is unlikely to be something that is "decisive" in acquitting him if he doesn't, since she already stated it may have just been a flaw in the tights themselves.

The main thing is the MO of the crine is almost identical to the DM rape and Hazel's description of the perp matches CB exactly, even down to his attire matching what DM described in her attack. If they also have CB's fingerprint in her apartment (as was reported), I don't think the lack of a birthmark/scar/tattoo on CB's thigh is likely to be a deciding factor in the Judge's eyes.
Exactly the M.O runs parallel, I was just thinking in terms of other
circumstantial evidence as in HB was right the first time and he does have a mark on this thigh, if not as you say it’s not that critical
but obviously helpful if true.

Right, but according to the fact that the court decides if it will open the main proceedings and most of the judges might have been on the pentecost holidays, the courts just took of work aigain from yesterday, so it may take a few days longer.

Bay the way, i wouldn't put too much attention into the "yes or no cross-shaped tattoo-, scar-, birthmark issue" including thighs or buttocks. There have been reports of him, allegedly wearing tights on particular occasions.

Every well eqipped store for custumes should have things like these in it's collection IMO.
Thanks for the clarification, hopefully something will happen in the next week. Yes the weirdo does like a costume and a clown mask iirc.

Exactly the M.O runs parallel, I was just thinking in terms of other
circumstantial evidence as in HB was right the first time and he does have a mark on this thigh, if not as you say it’s not that critical
but obviously helpful if true.

Well, whilst being brutally raped and tortured, you may notice things like these as an distinctive cross-shaped mark on the perps thigh IMO?!

sJBfP.jpg

Well, whilst being brutally raped and tortured, you may notice things like these as an distinctive cross-shaped mark on the perps thigh IMO?!

View attachment 348526

Yes an horrific ordeal and could possibly be just a pull in the tights like you say and also herself . If it was a scar that’s permanent and
helpful circumstantial evidence. If I recall HB tried to make a mental note of her attackers appearance and behaviour as it happened as best she could , to help the PJ and that proved as useful as pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear !

Yes an horrific ordeal and could possibly be just a pull in the tights like you say and also herself . If it was a scar that’s permanent and
helpful circumstantial evidence. If I recall HB tried to make a mental note of her attackers appearance and behaviour as it happened as best she could , to help the PJ and that proved as useful as pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear !
The sad story about this will be, if it comes to a charge, FF will go hard on her and will try to put her in the spotlight as an unreliable witness. He will draw the witness shaming card.:mad:

From the article:

Mr Fuelscher told Bild: “Should it be true he does not have this feature, he would have to be ruled out.”

Wishful thinking from FF and just a repeat of what he said 21 months ago. Even if the mark wasn't a pull in the tights as HB suggested, it could have been any number of other things. A stain, a deliberate part of his disguise or even a healing injury. Breaking into places carries a fair risk of cuts and bruises after all.

@C.greek and @Dlk79 - thanks for the background. :cool:

I still interpret FF's remarks though as if it's a given (as far as he's concerned, based on what his client has told him) that CB was both in Portugal and somewhere in the 'broader vicinity' of PdL on the day, since why would FF be testing out various to-and-from routes otherwise? If CB had told FF that he was out of the country at the time, there would have been no need for FF to go to Portugal on a fact-finding mission. The fact he did do this surely implies that CB is no longer using this alleged 2013 'out of the country' alibi and has said as much to FF.

I hope that make sense. I'm not saying anything one way or the other about the CNN report, just my impression of FF's actions and remarks.
In 2013 CB said that he hadn´t been in Portugal at the time MM had disappeared. And he got away with it.

Only after the BKA press conference of 2020 did FF say that CB actually was in Portugal at the time.
CB was already behind bars by then and most probably he had had to admit certain things to his lawyer in order to get on with things.

So yes, CB is no longer making use of the out of the country alibi. Probably since 2019/2020.
By admitting, his alibi of 2013 has become totally invalid. BKA will grab every opportunity to pin him in his web of lies.

What I find interesting is that in a new Bild video German journalists are saying CB's full name and surname. What has changed and they can now identify him openly without covering/hiding his surname?

In 2013 CB said that he hadn´t been in Portugal at the time MM had disappeared. And he got away with it.

Only after the BKA press conference of 2020 did FF say that CB actually was in Portugal at the time.
CB was already behind bars by then and most probably he had had to admit certain things to his lawyer in order to get on with things.

So yes, CB is no longer making use of the out of the country alibi. Probably since 2019/2020.
By admitting, his alibi of 2013 has become totally invalid. BKA will grab every opportunity to pin him in his web of lies.
Yes, that's all I was really trying to clarify, that regardless of what CB said back in 2013, that's since been exposed, by FF's words and actions in 2020, as a lie.

What I find interesting is that in a new Bild video German journalists are saying CB's full name and surname. What has changed and they can now identify him openly without covering/hiding his surname?

Maybe it's just become a moot point at this stage?

The only other reason that I can think of for them naming him in full would be if he had been officially charged with a crime, and that hasn't happened. At least that we know of...

Just freedom of the press IMO.

Still interested in the fact, who pays for the work of CB's both solicitors. Seems like as there would be a very infamous one staying in the background and some kind of "puppet" is doing the "wet work".

CB himself? Third parties? Or are they working pro bono? Not yet sure about, which possibility will be able to give me the best chills, because both of them do not seem to be depending from the notoriety of this case...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member