Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was searched later, which prompted SF to speculate about fibres which HCW had to deny later on.

How long would that have been after the 2017 witness revelations brought CB to police attention?

HCW is not responsible for what the tabloids or even respected journalists have to say in pursuance of a story.
He and the other investigators are in pursuit of justice as it is applicable to CB and MM. I think that is what he has been doing.

The Portuguese prosecutors warned in 2008 that this was not a fictional detective story it was real life to be treated as such. I think that has proved very prescient of them.

Wasn't he supposed to have aquired 100,000 euros in a robbery, no doubt his finances have been perused by the BKA.
The robbery was 1 Nov 07.

I find it hard to believe he would have kept €50k until he bought the kiosk in 2013. I’m not sure when he bought the box factory.

You say after May 3, 2007?
He picked up the Allegro on the 3rd May, right?

He went to Orgiva end of May/early June to get marijuana, then went to sell it in Sylt in June/July ‘07.

The dental work was Sept ‘07.

He went to Orgiva end of May/early June to get marijuana, then went to sell it in Sylt in June/July ‘07.

Sylt is quite a fancy island popular with north germans, and he was there in the high season - i guess he made a bunch of money to get his dental work done. No surprise he would have left Sylt at end of summer.

In 2013 I wrote to OG saying that the person who saw Derek Flack and his wife could be a Mark Warner employee: SBG.

They did not answered me, but they did not present in their 2013 appeal the e-fit number 3.

Here the e-fit and SBG's passport photo. SBG has (or had) a Facebook profile to see better pics.

1683282577736.png1683282628677.png

Forgive me because I'm fuzzy on all the details, including the timeline.

This roadblock-- and the 17 year old girl. Is it possible that CB used the 17 year old girl not as much for sex but as both an alibi and a ticket through the checkpoint? Just a man and his teenage "daughter" -- nothing to see here.

Meanwhile a drugged little, hidden in a cubby.

Passes right on through.

Jmo
I think he was going with her to the airport so she could depart. If so, he wouldn’t need to have gone to the airport or through the checkpoint otherwise.

CB was 31 at the time. In the Malaga video, he wouldn’t have struck me as the father of a 17 year old.

If CB is the culprit, it doesn’t look like he changed his behaviour or had any fear he was under suspicion after MM’s disappearance.

As others have said, this doesn’t mean he is not responsible

I seem to have lost track of things. What is this Alegro ?

I think he was going with her to the airport so she could depart. If so, he wouldn’t need to have gone to the airport or through the checkpoint otherwise.

CB was 31 at the time. In the Malaga video, he wouldn’t have struck me as the father of a 17 year old.

If CB is the culprit, it doesn’t look like he changed his behaviour or had any fear he was under suspicion after MM’s disappearance.

As others have said, this doesn’t mean he is not responsible
I guess I'm just saying that, if he's responsible and if his goal was to acquire a little and keep her for a time as a plaything (evil, sadistic, dark, monstrous) and we know he avoided detection for a very long time, perhaps it's because he used the 17 year old as a shield, the 17 year old wholly unaware.

Forensic evidence or not, I believe it's possible MM tragically was in that vehicle for a length of time. Alive. He may have taken steps to avoid leaving trace --

Yes, it's possible he didn't do it or he didn't do it that way, but if he did do it, how did he do it?

I think he did it while simultaneously using the 17 year old as his cover.

It's what happened after the airport that terrifies me.

Jmo

I seem to have lost track of things. What is this Alegro ?
The motor home was a Tiffin Allegro. It’s also called a Winnebago.

NF said he drove 5h from Tomar to the Algarve on 3 May. It’s difficult to recall but I formed the impression that he was in Tomar to purchase/collect the motor home.

I wonder why he didn’t take his gf to his fancy new motor home.

I am not sure about him picking up the Allegro 3 May. I seem to recall him collecting it from Germany, there are photos of it in Augsburg at AB’s house - this is from an @Sharkbite post a while back. Didn’t it also have German plates?

My thoughts were that sometime after 3 May, he went back to Germany and collected the Allegro and drove it back via the Orgiva festival. I think the suggestion that he was driving it in Portugal before this came from NF but does anyone know for certain that he was in it before August?

Also, re the dental work. I think someone, perhaps @SuperdadV8 said that it would likely have been done for free in Germany but again, I could be wrong.

I guess I'm just saying that, if he's responsible and if his goal was to acquire a little and keep her for a time as a plaything (evil, sadistic, dark, monstrous) and we know he avoided detection for a very long time, perhaps it's because he used the 17 year old as a shield, the 17 year old wholly unaware.

Forensic evidence or not, I believe it's possible MM tragically was in that vehicle for a length of time. Alive. He may have taken steps to avoid leaving trace --

Yes, it's possible he didn't do it or he didn't do it that way, but if he did do it, how did he do it?

I think he did it while simultaneously using the 17 year old as his cover.

It's what happened after the airport that terrifies me.

Jmo
Are you saying that CB, LE and MM we’re all in the car at the same time?

I am not sure about him picking up the Allegro 3 May. I seem to recall him collecting it from Germany, there are photos of it in Augsburg at AB’s house - this is from an @Sharkbite post a while back. Didn’t it also have German plates?

My thoughts were that sometime after 3 May, he went back to Germany and collected the Allegro and drove it back via the Orgiva festival. I think the suggestion that he was driving it in Portugal before this came from NF but does anyone know for certain that he was in it before August?

Also, re the dental work. I think someone, perhaps @SuperdadV8 said that it would likely have been done for free in Germany but again, I could be wrong.
According to JC who interviewed AB, the latter helped CB to buy the Tiffin Allegro (never was a Winnibago) searhcing the Internet. It was Spring 2007, ie. March 21 to June 20. CB paid 18,000 euro.

Last edited:

As far as I can recall, the only other witness was NF’s father who saw it in Foral - around May/June ‘07 (he wasn’t sure exactly when he visited).

Are you saying that CB, LE and MM we’re all in the car at the same time?
I am not versed in his access to vehicles, which he was driving when, but yes, that's the possibility I'm posing.

You'd think no one would have that kind of nerve, but IMO based on his other charges, clearly he is not risk averse. In fact, IMO risk energizes him.

Didn't that girl vouch for him on account of him being normal, unruffled? IMO she was applying how she imagined a person would be, had they done such a thing. But CB operates on a different system.

I think MM was somewhere at that time. And I argue, alive. Just not for long. :(

jmo

Yes, German (Augsburg) plates, parked outside AB's home. If I remember correctly the foliage on the trees in the images make it look more like Autumn than Spring. Would need to check that though.
It was NF's father DF that said CB was driving the Allegro but seems to have difficulty remembering exactly when he went to Foral early 2007, his story changes depending who is interviewing him. Maybe these story changes are needed as more facts came out and DF needs to edit his story to fit some kind of narrative? If it was me I personally would at least remember whether I visited the area before or after MM disappeared and the whole story became a global media sensation.
While in Foral I would still like to know why CB returned to the villa so many years after and was digging in the grounds, this of course when he wasn't busy chasing the sheep for whatever dodgy reasons. If I was LE I would have searched the area, especially as the owner has given permission?

In regard to digging, CB was often of no fixed abode and may have buried stuff that he wanted to keep, but couldn't carry around with him all the time, or perhaps didn't want the authorities to know about. For example the stuff found buried in his factory site. I'm sure that had he wanted to destroy it he would have done so.

Yes, German (Augsburg) plates, parked outside AB's home. If I remember correctly the foliage on the trees in the images make it look more like Autumn than Spring. Would need to check that though.
It was NF's father DF that said CB was driving the Allegro but seems to have difficulty remembering exactly when he went to Foral early 2007, his story changes depending who is interviewing him. Maybe these story changes are needed as more facts came out and DF needs to edit his story to fit some kind of narrative? If it was me I personally would at least remember whether I visited the area before or after MM disappeared and the whole story became a global media sensation.
While in Foral I would still like to know why CB returned to the villa so many years after and was digging in the grounds, this of course when he wasn't busy chasing the sheep for whatever dodgy reasons. If I was LE I would have searched the area, especially as the owner has given permission?
Yes, poor ‘Wolfie’.

On the historic Google satellite images, the closest snapshot we have in time to MM's disappearance is from June 2007.

On Praia do Barranco on 22/06/07, there looks to be to be a camper van with a snub bonnet (the one closest to the beach) that appears to be consistent with the dimensions of CB's VW Westfalia. (Resolution of pic not great due to file size limit. You'll have to Download Google Earth Pro on desktop if you want to view the original for yourself)

It also appears to be parked in almost the exact same spot as the photo published in the press. It's difficult to gauge the exact position from the aerial shot but if you use the horseshoe stone structures and the road bend as a reference point along with the streetview images, you can see it is closer to the hill than it looks from the aerial shot.

Barranco Beach Streetview link:

Attachments

• PdB 22-06-2007.jpg
    PdB 22-06-2007.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 76487b59c8e74f36a07056090ff128d4Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjUwNjk3MDIz-2.53997655.jpg
    76487b59c8e74f36a07056090ff128d4Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjUwNjk3MDIz-2.53997655.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230505_192118_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505_192118_Maps.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 14
  • PdB streetview1.jpg
    PdB streetview1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
If it was me I personally would at least remember whether I visited the area before or after MM disappeared and the whole story became a global media sensation.
Particulary in light of CB's comment to DF about being able to hide a child in the vehicle. If this comment was made after MM's disappearance, you'd think it would have resonated with him at the time.

On the historic Google satellite images, the closest snapshot we have in time to MM's disappearance is from June 2007.

On Praia do Barranco on 22/06/07, there looks to be to be a camper van with a snub bonnet (the one closest to the beach) that appears to be consistent with the dimensions of CB's VW Westfalia. (Resolution of pic not great due to file size limit. You'll have to Download Google Earth Pro on desktop if you want to view the original for yourself)

It also appears to be parked in almost the exact same spot as the photo published in the press. It's difficult to gauge the exact position from the aerial shot but if you use the horseshoe stone structures and the road bend as a reference point along with the streetview images, you can see it is closer to the hill than it looks from the aerial shot.

Barranco Beach Streetview link:
In light of this, I'm wondering if CB mainly left his Westfalia parked up at the beach as a kind of base while using his other vehicles to travel about in... or perhaps he just habitually returned to that same spot.

What do you think @Janosch could this be the Westfalia in June 2007 in your opinion? The steep shape of the bonnet and dimensions of the van look consistent to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member