Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HCW gives information to JC at The Olive Press and he is a prosecutor in an active investigation.

GA is a pivotal figure in this case and he has a theory which he wants to defend.He is free to that - even the courts agree with his right to do it.

Like I said before, GA and HCW both have a theory. Neither has been proven to be correct so both remain possible. There is a lot of information online to support GA’s theory, not so much to support HCW’s but there are lots of people giving their descriptive and emotive opinions to try and persuade people.

I’ll wait for something firm from HCW but I’m concerned it will never come.

GA has absolutely nothing to do with this case. He is a civilian. He has flouted Portuguese Secrecy of Justice laws the reasons for which I believe are twofold. The first is to protect the integrity of the investigation by ensuring that information does not become known to anyone who might be involved in the crime.
Secondly it is in place to protect the identity of anyone suspected of a crime particularly if no further action is taken against them.

GA initially broke details of the path the investigation was taking using a podcast to do so.

GA subsequently used a television interview to name who the suspect was not ensuring that of the two paedophiles who fitted the profile outlined in his original statement, one was ruled out. That left only CB under the media spotlight from which investigators had shielded him, and their investigation for over three years.

GA as a result, is responsible for exhibiting quite the most unheard of bizarre behaviour ever. My opinion.

Last edited:
It’s very difficult to apply a specific MO to CB.

He has acted impulsively and shown is face publicly while committing child abuse offences as an 18 year old and as a 37 year old.

In the HB and DM offences, he covered his face. In at least one of the videoed rapes at the farm house he showed his face to camera. In the case with his girlfriend’s daughter, he took photos of himself committing abuse.

Let’s say for example he has some distinctive S&M fetish that played out in the DM and HB offences. This is unlikely to fit with an opportunistic abduction of MM.

The MO piece is all over the place IMO because the defence can point to examples where the MO is different in similar offences.
Just regarding the rape where he showed his face on camera, the woman had blacked out goggles on so she couldn't see him, so it's basically the same MO as the DM rape.

Anyway, it's possible for someone to have more than one MO. In fact, from his known crimes, we can already see he has more than one MO depending on the scenario - mainly whether it is planned or opportunistic.

I don't really see that as much of a defence TBH. We don't yet know the prosecutor's exact theory, but neither the MO of impulsive behaviour with children or the MO of breaking in to commit sexual assault do him any favours.

Just regarding the rape where he showed his face on camera, the woman had blacked out goggles on so she couldn't see him, so it's basically the same MO as the DM rape.

Anyway, it's possible for someone to have more than one MO. In fact, from his known crimes, we can already see he has more than one MO depending on the scenario - mainly whether it is planned or opportunistic.

I don't really see that as much of a defence TBH. We don't yet know the prosecutor's exact theory, but neither the MO of impulsive behaviour with children or the MO of breaking in to commit sexual assault do him any favours.
But it all becomes unreliable if the MO is used as important evidence as some are arguing it will be.

But it all becomes unreliable if the MO is used as important evidence as some are arguing it will be.
Not really IMO. Not when the 2 MOs complement each other in this circumstance. Having a record of impulsive acts on children while also having a record for going into people's apartments and then sexually assaulting them...

Of course, there are differences in every case, not every crime a person commits will be indentical.

GA has absolutely nothing to do with this case. He is a civilian. He has flouted Portuguese Secrecy of Justice laws the reasons for which I believe are twofold. The first is to protect the integrity of the investigation by ensuring that information does not become known to anyone who might be involved in the crime.
Secondly it is in place to protect the identity of anyone suspected of a crime particularly if no further action is taken against them.
Doesn’t Portuguese law enable law enforcement to make people public suspects through the “Arguidi” process? Hard to understand how such conflicting laws could coexist in one country.

If he committed an offence, why hasn’t he been prosecuted for it?

GA initially broke details of the path the investigation was taking using a podcast to do so.

GA subsequently used a television interview to name who the suspect was not ensuring that of the two paedophiles who fitted the profile outlined in his original statement, one was ruled out. That left only CB under the media spotlight from which investigators had shielded him, and their investigation for over three years.
Is your point here that he shared information that was given to him? Why is he the issue and not the law enforcement who allowed the information to be leaked to him?

Whatever anyone may think of GA, he has been through the wringer with this case and has probably been ridiculed more than anyone else in the media. As we know, he has an opposing theory, so under the circumstances, it’s no wonder he will do what he can to discredit alternatives.

This is not “unheard of” “bizarre” or “… destructive determination to destroy the confidentiality of the case it is almost palpable”. IMO, it’s what I would expect him to do.

The clear fact that I’m arguing is that GA has a theory that he is certain is correct. Until someone is found guilty, his theory is as equally valid as anyone else’s.

Last edited:
Not really IMO. Not when the 2 MOs complement each other in this circumstance. Having a record of impulsive acts on children while also having a record for going into people's apartments and then sexually assaulting them...

Of course, there are differences in every case, not every crime a person commits will be indentical.
If he has two MOs, then it is weaker circumstantial evidence than if he had one clear consistent MO in every crime.

CB has committed sexual offences against young girls, teenagers, women and pensioners. Some planned, some spontaneous. Some recorded, some not. Some in the victims home, some in public, some in his own home.

He has no prior crimes of abduction nor is he currently accused of any… excluding the media accusations in relation to MM.

If you are arguing MO as an important piece of evidence in its own right, I think CB’s counsel has plenty to go on in defending it.

The clear fact that I’m arguing is that GA has a theory that he is certain is correct. Until someone is found guilty, his theory is as equally valid as anyone else’s.
There are theories more valid than others. GA theory is far away from HCW's one. IMO GA theory is close to extraterrestrial abduction.

Last edited:
There are theories more valid than others. GA theory is far away from HCW's one. IMO GA theory is close to extraterrestrial abduction.
Funny guy!

Is the statistically very rare theory of stranger, not known for abductions, breaking into an apartment be stealing a child without leaving any evidence or witnesses more valid?

CB is a bad guy. He’s also a try-hard who says dumb stuff. But, because he may have made a phone call somewhere in the vicinity of the OC the night MM vanished and he registered his car the next day, it doesn’t IMO the theory he abducted and murdered her particularly strong.

Please enlighten us on the most valid theory.

The 'MO' was already established in the rape he is in jail for - if you want to go down that route.

They are charging the HB rape because that is the job of prosecutors to hold him to account. I don't believe the HB case is somehow part of a 3D chess strategy in the MM case.

No. Not without permission from the Portuguese authorities. To get searches done otherwise they would probably have to rely upon some private investigator company (like metodo3) to take on the risk of not asking permission. Can't see that happening personally.
I was under the impression it was not permitted to carry out private investigations into a live crime investigation in Portugal. Happy to be corrected.
Doesn’t Portuguese law enable law enforcement to make people public suspects through the “Arguidi” process? Hard to understand how such conflicting laws could coexist in one country.

If he committed an offence, why hasn’t he been prosecuted for it?

Is your point here that he shared information that was given to him? Why is he the issue and not the law enforcement who allowed the information to be leaked to him?

Whatever anyone may think of GA, he has been through the wringer with this case and has probably been ridiculed more than anyone else in the media. As we know, he has an opposing theory, so under the circumstances, it’s no wonder he will do what he can to discredit alternatives.

This is not “unheard of” “bizarre” or “… destructive determination to destroy the confidentiality of the case it is almost palpable”. IMO, it’s what I would expect him to do.

Amaral’s theory has been publicly rejected by the German and English police currently investigating. It’s a theory we aren’t even allowed to discuss in any great detail on this forum. I think it’s fair to say his theory is no longer valid (certainly not in the opinion of those that matter).

I was under the impression it was not permitted to carry out private investigations into a live crime investigation in Portugal. Happy to be corrected.

Amaral’s theory has been publicly rejected by the German and English police currently investigating. It’s a theory we aren’t even allowed to discuss in any great detail on this forum. I think it’s fair to say his theory is no longer valid (certainly not in the opinion of those that matter).
^Bold, do you have a references for that statement?

Given that these rape videos don't seem to exist any more and the victims haven't been identified, how does one differentiate between rape and consensual rough sex ?

I want to see your reference of an official statement… from those that matter.
Perhaps you weren’t aware of this?
Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters dismissed Amaral’s comments, saying: “The opinion of a Portuguese ex-policeman is of little interest to us.

“We assume that he does not have our files. Therefore, his conclusions are completely irrelevant.”

Rejection of a particular theory by police forces doesn't necessarily made it invalid

Then of course there is the interview with Mark Rowley in which he makes it clear that the Met have dismissed parental involvement and that whatever else happened Madeleine was abducted. I can’t put my hand on the interview right now but I’d be surprised if you weren’t aware of it.

Then of course there is the interview with Mark Rowley in which he makes it clear that the Met have dismissed parental involvement and that whatever else happened Madeleine was abducted. I can’t put my hand on the interview right now but I’d be surprised if you weren’t aware of it.
Rowley said that the issue of the McCann's involvement was dealt with by the first investigation, he never said that they had dismissed it.

Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025