Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m big on the theory that the concrete evidence is a confession of some form. This is a way that they can know details of the crime but struggle to charge it.

I saw this in a no body murder case in America where they couldn’t get the confession on a wire.

If you can’t prove elements of the confession via corroborating evidence it is not likely to be enough to convict.
Confession from who? CB denies involvement doesn't he ?

My problem with the JC stuff is we are now just accusing people of being serial killers despite no evidence
Considering the link from JC came from a lawyer it’s intriguing that after checking the license details , it was confirmed CB van was in Jo C area. Coincidental possibly but Interesting none the less IMO.

He attracts an audience which is his aim.

Like anything in this case , rely on direct quotes as much as possible, the rest is personal opinion, no one’s saying he’s a mastermind of the MM case.

There’s no question though that JC has been doing investigative research with key people related to the case since June 2020. HCW values his opinion and his ability to do work that the PJ should have done years ago . JMO

Confession from CB to his friends, (look last published letter 'she didn't even scream'), or in the presumed autobiographical word document they could have found in the box factory and that we have endlessly discussed here
Fair enough, without any coroberation it might as well be told to the trees .

Like anything in this case , rely on direct quotes as much as possible, the rest is personal opinion, no one’s saying he’s a mastermind of the MM case.

There’s no question though that JC has been doing investigative research with key people related to the case since June 2020. HCW values his opinion and his ability to do work that the PJ should have done years ago . JMO
Indeed it's been like that from the get go in 2007, many a suspect has come and gone, many a theory, many a breakthrough ,so it goes on and dare say this will be the same.
The only breakthrough at the moment is a prime suspect, actual evidence to link him is in short supply imo.

Does anyone have a link to the MWT documentary (The case against the Prime Suspect)?

It showed a road sign when he was visiting Lena/Lina the alibi. We know where the foster child, Lina W is from.

Does anyone have a link to the MWT documentary (The case against the Prime Suspect)?

It showed a road sign when he was visiting Lena/Lina the alibi. We know where the foster child, Lina W is from.
Give me 5 mins and I’ll find it for you.

Edit - There you go only the C5 version

the other 3 part version is still on Paramount+ , but easy to get a free trial .

Considering the link from JC came from a lawyer it’s intriguing that after checking the license details , it was confirmed CB van was in Jo C area. Coincidental possibly but Interesting none the less IMO.
It seems there’s a possibility he was in close proximity to 3 little girls that vanished without a trace. Madeleine, Joanna & Inga. That’s a massive coincidence if that was the case.

IMO - perhaps it’s less likely he was in close proximity to Inga but quite likely he was to Joanna.

Give me 5 mins and I’ll find it for you.

Edit - There you go only the C5 version

the other 3 part version is still on Paramount+ , but easy to get a free trial .
You’re a star! Thanks a mil JB.

It seems there’s a possibility he was in close proximity to 3 little girls that vanished without a trace. Madeleine, Joanna & Inga. That’s a massive coincidence if that was the case.

IMO - perhaps it’s less likely he was in close proximity to Inga but quite likely he was to Joanna.

OK - sanity check

There is literally nothing to link the cases of IG and MM that we know of

When police identify this kind of offender, it makes sense to check other cold cases that could be linked if evidence is discovered. So for example the case of HB could be linked by actual evidence - the investigative breakthrough coming from similarities in the MO and the witness.

So as we know they checked IG, but IIRC it has also been said there is no reason to believe it has anything to do with CB.

Mere proximity, like "profile" is not evidence. And I'd also dispute, in the german context, that 50km is proximate. In my case, 50km includes a major metro with millions of people, and multiple towns with tens of thousands of people.

This is my issue with these theories being promoted by journalists. We haven't seen any evidence CB killed anyone let alone 3 people. Did he? I have no idea. But such allegations need to be made by authorities, not by people engaging in wild speculation on podcasts.

OK - sanity check

There is literally nothing to link the cases of IG and MM that we know of

When police identify this kind of offender, it makes sense to check other cold cases that could be linked if evidence is discovered. So for example the case of HB could be linked by actual evidence - the investigative breakthrough coming from similarities in the MO and the witness.

So as we know they checked IG, but IIRC it has also been said there is no reason to believe it has anything to do with CB.

Mere proximity, like "profile" is not evidence. And I'd also dispute, in the german context, that 50km is proximate. In my case, 50km includes a major metro with millions of people, and multiple towns with tens of thousands of people.

This is my issue with these theories being promoted by journalists. We haven't seen any evidence CB killed anyone let alone 3 people. Did he? I have no idea. But such allegations need to be made by authorities, not by people engaging in wild speculation on podcasts.
The authorities have alleged he killed MM. the rest we need to wait and see what the authorities say.

Various items from the Lidl bag buried under the dog implicate CB in the abduction per JC.

What does that sound like? Phone/SIM/keys

Right. How does JC "know this" about what was in the Lidl bag - do we seriously believe HCW told him the info?

As for the "... perfect stone circle, the type druids might once use for ritual gatherings and sacrifices" - does he also mean "of the type people like mrjitty has around their campfire?". Literally everyone round here has that.

Sorry to push back but this is the same tabloid journalist who tried to fit up RM because of his intuitions so 3 pinches of salt for me.

The authorities have alleged he killed MM. the rest we need to wait and see what the authorities say.

Right - which is why those in charge of the IG cold case will have compared notes with the MM team.

Classic police work, and how cold cases are often solved.

LW is from Zweibrucken in southwest Germany (border of France).

MWT headed from Braunschweig towards Magdeburg/Berlin.

It doesn’t seem likely therefore that he was headed towards Zweibrucken.

Seems most likely therefore that there are 2 L*nas.

Attachments

• AC9F95D3-FA0C-4E07-A5E7-F8B8FB8AE6DF.png
    AC9F95D3-FA0C-4E07-A5E7-F8B8FB8AE6DF.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CA458A6A-9A51-4633-A5E7-E963D5621D46.png
    CA458A6A-9A51-4633-A5E7-E963D5621D46.png
    808.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 67303402-CA0C-4878-ADF0-04E35B735F58.png
    67303402-CA0C-4878-ADF0-04E35B735F58.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 9
Indeed it's been like that from the get go in 2007, many a suspect has come and gone, many a theory, many a breakthrough ,so it goes on and dare say this will be the same.
The only breakthrough at the moment is a prime suspect, actual evidence to link him is in short supply imo.
No doubt there have been many persons of interest over the years who have subsequently been eliminated from the inquiry, as the three arguidos were in 2014, but in effect there have only been three persons of interest and all were in 2007 and absolved in 2008.
So despite sixteen years of investigation, first by her parents then by SY and PJ starting in 2013 there have been no other official suspects until now.

The fact of the paucity of suspects when if desired anyone could have been set up much as I think nearly happened to MM’s parents back in 2007, makes it all the more significant that the three international police forces involved are in agreement regarding CB's status as prime suspect. That could not have happened without back-up evidence, nor the fact he is still under investigation and not eliminated from the inquiry as others have been.

That speaks volumes to me as it would regarding any other suspect in any other police investigation.

<modsnip: GA is off limits in this discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members