Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JT told the world the child she saw being carried away wasn't screaming. So why is it suspicious when somebody says in 2008 the child didn't scream? Why would any police in UK or Portugal think someone repeating what JT said was suspicious?

Thank you for your response to my post and realising I was being serious, not mischievous.

JT did no such thing. She initially thought the child she saw being carried away was asleep. It was only when she heard that MM was missing she realised she might have witnessed her abduction.

So in effect and not for the first time there is a danger of JT being misrepresented for something said which was absolutely nonattributable to her.

And another thing to sleuth, what if this teenager has been identified by BKA, but she has not come forward nor does she want to have any part in this? If she has been identified, would the BKA be obliged to call her as a witness?

I think it possible she could have been called as a hostile witness. But we really don't know what her present circumstances may be.

I don't think he is the chief prosecution witness. I seem to recall (but cannot find it now) that HCW has said HB is not a chief witness. It could be why they haven't charged for the other 'rape' of the 40 year old? Maybe they have the footage?
That's the MM case I believe.

There was nothing emotional in my comment. There has been a rape charge for this teenager included in the charge sheet and for this specific charge there is no way to sleuth it. There must have been a reason why this and the elderly lady's rapes have been included in the charge sheet and not that of the 40 year old woman. This I think would be the most fruitful avenue to follow and not by diminishing this charge and finding excuses why this was not rape.

And for those who'd like to sleuth it further, perhaps before saying the age of consent in Portugal is 14, it be good to look at the actual law for sex between an adult and an adolescent.
Stating, “is like raping this girl again.” Is not factual, it is emotive, this is undeniable.

I also refute the point that it cannot be sleuthed. The forum relates to CB and MM. The cases connected to CB but not related to MM are frequently used to support CB’s guilt in the MM crime. Using the information that becomes available to try to understand if CB did commit these other crimes can help us understand whether or not we think he is responsible for murdering MM.

I will go as far as to say that sleuthing through facts and theorising is the purpose of this forum. Let’s be honest, none of us have actual evidence, we only have our interpretations of the available information.

Years wasted on the Tanner sighting? once again this person who was in the area at that time never saw anyone or anything suspicious, DCI Redwood moved the timeline on..

The main suspect in the case was previously a man seen by Jane Tanner, one of the McCanns’ friends, carrying a child close to their apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz at around 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
But after successfully tracking down the man, detectives from Scotland Yard have eliminated him from the inquiry, establishing that he was a father carrying his child home from an evening crèche.

22 minutes in.

Last edited:
Asleep = not screaming. That's all that's relevant to the current discussion.
Someone has accredited the short sentence to another person. There is no question that person is JT

Why adulterate JT's witness statement with something she never said while in the full knowledge of the circumstance in which it was actually alleged to have been quoted?

Someone has accredited the short sentence to another person. There is no question that person is JT

Why adulterate JT's witness statement with something she never said while in the full knowledge of the circumstance in which it was actually alleged to have been quoted?
Did JT say the child she saw was screaming, Mex?

(She did not. I've no idea what point you're making but it's not relevant to the current discussion)

And another thing to sleuth, what if this teenager has been identified by BKA, but she has not come forward nor does she want to have any part in this? If she has been identified, would the BKA be obliged to call her as a witness?
I don’t know but I would think the charge sheet would have different wording than unidentified, perhaps redacted or similar.

Years wasted on the Tanner sighting? once again this person who was in the area at that time never saw anyone or anything suspicious, DCI Redwood moved the timeline on..

The main suspect in the case was previously a man seen by Jane Tanner, one of the McCanns’ friends, carrying a child close to their apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz at around 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
But after successfully tracking down the man, detectives from Scotland Yard have eliminated him from the inquiry, establishing that he was a father carrying his child home from an evening crèche.

22 minutes in.
Wasn’t RM put forward as Tannerman? How could someone who looked like RM possibly be CB.

Even the inverted egg looks more like CB than RM.

You're right of course but I think it's difficult to imagine just how much information was being sent to authorities in 2007 and 2008. Public interest was massive, and so inevitably was the volume of information being generated by those who were genuinely just trying to help but who were actually more than likely inadvertently burying the important in an ocean of triviality. HB's message wouldn't have stood out. (imo)
Well we just don't know how much information was still coming in after the case was archived in May 2008 but I would have thought the flood would have slowed to more of a trickle by that point.

All water under the bridge now.
Only waiting for Wolters, or someone else, to charge CB and bring forth the evidence.

It wouldn't have interested officials in either UK or Portugal anyway. It appears all HB did in 2008 was report a very trivial piece of pretty meaningless information. And at the time there was no shortage of pretty meaningless information flying about.
Once SY recorded the name (CB) their Holmes computer should have been flashing red. CB’s name should have been imput at the beginning when they recorded all the convicted paedophiles.

Once SY recorded the name (CB) their Holmes computer should have been flashing red. CB’s name should have been imput at the beginning when they recorded all the convicted paedophiles.
CB was a convicted youth sex offender only in the German justice system. Neither Germany nor Portugal had a SOR in 2007/8 so IMO the entry into HOLMES would not have flagged anything up internationally.
It would be interesting to know what prompted SY to ask the German police to interview CB in 2013. Was his name actually on a list supplied by PJ or was it located during their review of all the information they'd collected on the hotline?

Back in the day I don’t know how helpful Holmes would have been regarding CB. He was a foreign national who had as far as we know never visited Britain or committed any offences there.
They certainly did have a record of British offenders resident in Portugal which they shared.

CB was a convicted youth sex offender only in the German justice system. Neither Germany nor Portugal had a SOR in 2007/8 so IMO the entry into HOLMES would not have flagged anything up internationally.
It would be interesting to know what prompted SY to ask the German police to interview CB in 2013. Was his name actually on a list supplied by PJ or was it located during their review of all the information they'd collected on the hotline?
Yes..agree with your points .

Emphasises the benefits to be had from co-operation between international police forces with advanced computer logging systems .

This needs to be improved going forward and is something the McCanns themselves have been promoting , trying to get something good to come out of their situation .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members