Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Police officers have now told BBC's Panorama that a number of senior police travelled from Lisbon to London earlier this year to meet Madeleine's father Gerry McCann (pictured with his wife Kate earlier this year)"

I don't think the significance of the way in which the Portuguese delivered the apology to K and G M,C is not without significance nor should it be underestimated.

Unfortunately what they are apologising for is the total breakdown of an investigation the incompetence of which in the first instance might well have have sealed the fate of a missing child.
And which might have subsequently made solving her cases nigh to impossible.
My opinion

Snip
The trial is expected to span over a month and is likely to take place at Braunschweig High Court.

German prosecutors have not yet formally charged Brueckner with the abduction and killing of Maddie but authorities in Germany have indicated the McCann trial could take place closely on the heels of his upcoming trial, The Olive Press reported.
the trial what is expected to last over a month is in connection to the other cases I believe

DM included an excerpt from Olive Press but todays interview showed that they arent necessarily the most factual paper IMO.

According to the fact, that no prosecutor needs to apologize for doing her or his job, i think it's a highly honorable move from the PJ.

And that kind of move indicates, that the PJ knows very well right now, that somebody else than the MC's is responsible for MM's disappearence!

CBs name was given to SY in 2011, they never investigated him.

BBC iplayer, worth a watch if you can.

Thanks for heads up. This is the Panorama one, right?

It’s purely my opinion but the article is implying that the McCanns have been cleared from any involvement of MM’s disappearance hence the need to apologise. Other than complete certainty that CB is the culprit, how can they feel it necessary to apologise?

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents' position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated.”

It's a little ambiguous imo. But then, unless we know how much info has been shared with the PJ, it's difficult to say whether the apology from the current batch of PJ investigators is informed by new knowledge or not. Are they apologising for flaws in the original investigation because they now know for a fact that the direction it went in was the wrong one, or are they apologising because they believe the BKA when it says CB is the one who dunnit although they themseves are not privy to the evidence held?

We'll see, I guess.

It’s purely my opinion but the article is implying that the McCanns have been cleared from any involvement of MM’s disappearance hence the need to apologise. Other than complete certainty that CB is the culprit, how can they feel it necessary to apologise?

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents' position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated.”
That's a very diplomatic paragraph. If they were asked to agree to it by superiors there would have been no reason to refuse to do so (imo)

Thanks for heads up. This is the Panorama one, right?

It's a little ambiguous imo. But then, unless we know how much info has been shared with the PJ, it's difficult to say whether the apology from the current batch of PJ investigators is informed by new knowledge or not. Are they apologising for flaws in the original investigation because they now know for a fact that the direction it went in was the wrong one, or are they apologising because they believe the BKA when it says CB is the one who dunnit although they themseves are not privy to the evidence held?

We'll see, I guess.
Yes to the new panorama one.

That's a very diplomatic paragraph. If they were asked to agree to it by superiors there would have been no reason to refuse to do so (imo)

^ Yes, I thought that too. All it's essentially saying is that mistakes were made in the original investigation. You can apologise for the manner in which something was done while still believing that it was done for good reasons.

I think the PJ did the best they could with what they were presented with at the time. I still do.

the trial what is expected to last over a month is in connection to the other cases I believe

DM included an excerpt from Olive Press but todays interview showed that they arent necessarily the most factual paper IMO.
No tabloid or publication can ever lay claim to be 100% right 100% of the time. Particularly those where livings have been made out of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding their promotion of "factoids" which have now been well and truly kicked into the long grass by the Policia Judiciaria.

As the Portugal Resident reports

Snip
...a delegation of senior officers travelled from Lisbon to London earlier this year.
They met GM, Madeleine’s father, and apologised for the way detectives investigated the case and treated the family.

“The McC family has not commented on the apology and their daughter’s disappearance remains unsolved.

The initiative of the PJ
  • by approaching MM's family to apologise, even at this late date
  • when taken in conjunction with the fact that CB is the only arguido on their books will have struck a nerve in Portugal
The apology is an exceedingly honourable action for the PJ to take however bitter sweet it may be.
It could not have been easy for them and suggests that they are as sure of their evidence and the joint evidences available to them that they are investigating a really appropriate suspect in crimes against MM.

Is there anyone else here who thinks that what we have heard so far is merely the tip of the iceberg regarding the serial abuser and personal crimewave signified by CB with perhaps more shocks to come?

Is it me or has FF had a hair transplant and new gnashers ? Maybe when we get to February he may add a walking cane and monocle.
Interesting watch on Panorama, tick tock.
Is it possible to watch free the Panorama TV program from Spain? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members