Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of scheduling is normal around the world.

All the parties, including the judge(s), have trials already booked in. So you need to find a slot which works for everyone, and gives adequate time for trial preparation.
Overall too too much time for a case to proceed IMO. Unfortunately normal around the world.

Portuguese police apologise to Madeleine McCann's parents Portuguese police apologise to Madeleine McCann's parents

The above is the strongest sign yet that the BKA have something substantial against CB… IMO.
There's a documentary on the BBC tonight , I doubt it'll bring anything new , interesting quote from HCW in the piece you brought, thinking is not quite the same as being certain.

"We think that he was involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and we think that he murdered Madeleine McCann," Mr Wolters said.

There's a documentary on the BBC tonight , I doubt it'll bring anything new , interesting quote from HCW in the piece you brought, thinking is not quite the same as being certain.

"We think that he was involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and we think that he murdered Madeleine McCann," Mr Wolters said.
It’s already brought something new - it’s finally put to bed any lingering beliefs that the PJ weren’t entirely convinced by the direction of the current investigations.

I feel it could mean quite the opposite, but we'll need to wait and see.
It’s purely my opinion but the article is implying that the McCanns have been cleared from any involvement of MM’s disappearance hence the need to apologise. Other than complete certainty that CB is the culprit, how can they feel it necessary to apologise?

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents' position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated.”

It’s purely my opinion but the article is implying that the McCanns have been cleared from any involvement of MM’s disappearance hence the need to apologise. Other than complete certainty that CB is the culprit, how can they feel it necessary to apologise?

“Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents' position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated.”
MM's parents were exonerated by Portugal in 2008. This was confirmed when MM's case was reopened by the Portuguese authorities in 2013 based on new evidence of stranger abduction.

The vilification of all concerned in MM's case over the years must now be seen for whatever it was and allow current events to run their course. Particularly now that there can be no argument that all police investigation is actively directed at the only suspect who is CB.

It is to be hoped that of all the neglected and lost evidence over the years, there remains sufficient to support a case for what happened to MM and who is responsible.

Snip
Portuguese police now say their initial investigation into MM's disappearance was not handled properly, there was insufficient importance given at the time to missing children and that her parents' position as foreigners in an environment they did not understand was not appreciated.

They also told the BBC they had briefed the McCs on their ongoing investigation.

The officers gave their support to the German authorities, who believe 46-year-old German national CB killed MM.

HCW, one of the German prosecutors on the case, welcomed the Portuguese apology.

"It's a good sign," he said, adding: "It shows that, in Portugal, there's development in the MM case."

It's available on i player, Bilton asks HCW if he knows whether she was killed in Portugal and HCW answers yes to this , Bilton asks HCW if he knows where, HCW answers with a smirk and shrug , maybe.

In the absence of a link to HCW's statement one is interested in the date when he said it. Is it the original one said in 2021/22 or is it in relation to more recent development? Thanks.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Snip
The couple underwent questioning by authorities but continued to profess their innocence throughout the investigation.

In 2008, they were cleared as suspects. "Whoever took Madeleine," Gerry said at the time, "is still at large."

The German investigation put a name to that face in 2017 and they are still investigating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting quote from FF, there are parts of the investigation that must be presented to the defence, the searches from the Reservoir never yielded any DNA he has those results from this he concludes the searches were fruitless. HCW said they weren't looking for a body but evidence, the results of which he couldn't or wouldn't disclose.Bilton understands it was USB sticks they were looking for.

I
CBs name was given to SY in 2011, they never investigated him.

BBC iplayer, worth a watch if you can.
I've just watched it. Yes, through evidence that was being given by people once the pj closed the case, I wonder what other info was given, that was never followed up, and I feel alot of the program was about how badly km and gm was treated, and now the pj have apologized, apologizing for GA mainly because he was leading the case
I don't blame SY, for not doing enough in 2011, it's a shame they didn't, hindsight is a wonderful thing
But in the program, just watch the eyes, of FF, struggling to keep eye contact, long blinks, and alot of looking down
But hcw can maintain eye contact, and he is adamant cb murdered mm, and in Portugal

Interesting quote from FF, there are parts of the investigation that must be presented to the defence, the searches from the Reservoir never yielded any DNA he has those results from this he concludes the searches were fruitless. HCW said they weren't looking for a body but evidence, the results of which he couldn't or wouldn't disclose.Bilton understands it was USB sticks they were looking for.
From that, he can conclude, but it's not to say for certain

Near the end, HCW concedes the MM case mighten end next year which puts the O press story to bed.

he also said they may need more time
"Police officers have now told BBC's Panorama that a number of senior police travelled from Lisbon to London earlier this year to meet Madeleine's father Gerry McCann (pictured with his wife Kate earlier this year)"

I don't think the significance of the way in which the Portuguese delivered the apology to K and G M,C is not without significance nor should it be underestimated.

Unfortunately what they are apologising for is the total breakdown of an investigation the incompetence of which in the first instance might well have have sealed the fate of a missing child.
And which might have subsequently made solving her cases nigh to impossible.
My opinion

Snip
The trial is expected to span over a month and is likely to take place at Braunschweig High Court.

German prosecutors have not yet formally charged Brueckner with the abduction and killing of Maddie but authorities in Germany have indicated the McCann trial could take place closely on the heels of his upcoming trial, The Olive Press reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08