Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has wandered been ruled out?

To me it is surely possible she left the apartment and was then abducted?

IMO it is unlikely however
Pedro do Carmo was asked directly by Brunt in 2017 do you except the girl was abducted, the reply was we don't know what happened and must be prepared to deal with different situations.

29-30 minutes in

I also took it to mean he wasn't sure of the manner of her exit.

I do not believe they will have tried too hard to do that and certainly not to the extent of investigating everything from the beginning
It’s the prosecutor’s job to try and rule out a suspect, in fact it is essential to ensure that any case they begin to build is robust and time and resource not spent on something which can later be easily refuted in court. They have no need to consider evidence against Murat or the McCanns, only evidence which rules out or rules in their suspect.

^ Who or where would he have gotten that from though? Are you thinking another witness, one we know nothing about, who the BKA is keeping on the downlow in the event of a charge/trial ever happening?

Unless of course it came from CB's own writings in his Das Buchs, parts 1 and 2...

Maybe

Though I have never seen any mainstream reporting that Das Buch exists.

What is the source for it?

Maybe

Though I have never seen any mainstream reporting that Das Buch exists.

What is the source for it?

Amaral mentions it in his book so yes, it seems to exist -

It was found and apprehended in the LIDL bag 6 pen-drives and 2 memory cards which contained “photos of children, including those of an unknown child in sensual poses and, mainly, Word documents which the police responsible for the find describe as writings about serious sexual abuse against children. Later, BKA identifies these and other writings as two documents produced by the suspect with the titles of Das Buch and Das Buch 1. These books, said to be autobiographic, speak of himself and of friends and describe criminal practices. It’s unknown if we are before realities or pure fantasies, but the fact is that the finding of all this material was and is useful for the construction of a suspect.

(Thanks to @Denis R Tandib for ^ on this earlier thread - Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36 )

Some wouldn't consider Amaral to be reliable
I wonder where he got the information from.

Some wouldn't consider Amaral to be reliable
I wonder where he got the information from.
Some?

Amaral didn't even understand that, from before the point of the arrival of the British, the shelved enquiry had become a murder enquiry.

That point is vital because, according to Amaral in his (non-libellous! ha! ha!) book, we talked about death by others, not murder.

Amaral mentions it in his book so yes, it seems to exist -

(Thanks to @Denis R Tandib for ^ on this earlier thread - Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36 )

I guess I don't trust it until there is mainstream reporting of it.

But i certainly think this sort of evidence would explain a lot. I would not be surprised if they have this rather than any supposed photo (highly unlikely IMO). It would explain the "if you knew what we knew" comment for sure. i.e. they know it but they cannot prove it.

Last edited:
I guess I don't trust it until there is mainstream reporting of it.

But i certainly think this sort of evidence would explain a lot. I would not be surprised if they have this rather than any supposed photo (highly unlikely IMO)

Yes, it could have sufficient detail in it to justify HCW's claims. That's possible, I suppose. The content of the Das Buch docs may include accounts of criminal activity that have since been proven to have happened. They may even have contributed to the current 5 charges, who knows? Not us, sadly!

I know what you mean re mainstream reporting giving more weight to things but, in this instance, I believe that what Amaral says is true for two reasons:

First, why would he make it up since it doesn't do his own position (that CB is no more than some random convenient lowlife patsy) any favours? The nature and content of the docs (if as reported) are damning and rather than pointing away from CB, they very much point to CB being exactly the type of sadistic child-abducting-and-murdering maniac the BKA believes him to be.

Second, and this is the more important point, if you read that extract, GA gives with one hand but takes away with the other by carefully leaving room for doubt as to whether what's written in these Das Buch documents should/can be taken as autobiographical (a pointed ref to the BKA who he implies have 'conveniently' done exactly that) as opposed to them being potentially just the ramblings of a sadistic fantasist, getting off on his own fiction, and not worth the paper they're written on.

He would only do the above imo if he knew for a fact that the BKA was taking the Das Buch contents seriously.

Last edited:
Yes, it could have sufficient detail in it to justify HCW's claims. That's possible, I suppose. The content of the Das Buch docs may include accounts of criminal activity that have since been proven to have happened. They may even have contributed to the current 5 charges, who knows? Not us, sadly!

I know what you mean re mainstream reporting giving more weight to things but, in this instance, I believe that what Amaral says is true for two reasons:

First, why would he make it up since it doesn't do his own position (that CB is no more than some random convenient lowlife patsy) any favours? The nature and content of the docs (if as reported) are damning and rather than pointing away from CB, they very much point to CB being exactly the type of sadistic child-abducting-and-murdering maniac the BKA believes him to be.

Second, and this is the more important point, if you read that extract, GA gives with one hand but takes away with the other by carefully leaving room for doubt as to whether what's written in these Das Buch documents should/can be taken as autobiographical (a pointed ref to the BKA who he implies have 'conveniently' done exactly that) as opposed to them being potentially just the ramblings of a sadistic fantasist, getting off on his own fiction, and not worth the paper they're written on.

He would only do the above imo if he knew for a fact that the BKA was taking the Das Buch contents seriously.

You make a good argument.

I suppose I find it hard to take seriously his claims as to BKA motivations. Why would they seek a patsy? It makes no sense. I think they are genuine in their belief CB is guilty. Of course that belief might be incorrect.

I suppose I find it hard to take seriously his claims as to BKA motivations. Why would they seek a patsy? It makes no sense. I think they are genuine in their belief CB is guilty. Of course that belief might be incorrect.
Given his well documented previous involvement, perhaps its his default position, time will tell if he's right one imagines.

IMO BKA may have testimonies that independently and autonomously corroborate those autobiographic texts. Maybe for one, two, three...cases?! Inherence.
Even so, I think it would be not enough for them to have proceeded with the appeal. Typically they are cautious and conservative. Would they risk involvement and self-sabotage? IMO they should have more.

I agree that it is unlikely the BKA would manufacture a fall-guy, there is no logical reason they would.

In the Australian Channel 9 Podcast, that doesn’t seem to be what he’s saying though. It’s more that the Met is trying to shelve OG and that the BKA investigation into CB gives them this opportunity.

I agree that it is unlikely the BKA would manufacture a fall-guy, there is no logical reason they would.

In the Australian Channel 9 Podcast, that doesn’t seem to be what he’s saying though. It’s more that the Met is trying to shelve OG and that the BKA investigation into CB gives them this opportunity.
Why haven’t they shelved it then? Instead they were I believe granted additional funds this year to prolong the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy