Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is open again.

Very major cleanup was required. Posts have been removed, but too many to provide individual explanation (
victim/parent bashing, general off topic, images with no link, irreparable broken quotes or quoted post was removed, etc).

Please do not bring up all the old discussions unless you can state how you think it relates to this current discussion of CB as suspect #2.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT name innocent people (individuals who have not been named by LE as either POI or suspect). If you have to discuss someone other than a victim or a POI/suspect, use initials.

Also stop posting images of random people or children. It is a terrible violation of privacy for people to have their pictures splashed over the internet on a crime sleuthing site.

Sleuth all you want behind the scenes or in private conversations (where you can invite up to 20 members to the convo), but if it's not in MSM, don't bring it to the thread.

IMPORTANT ADMIN REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Apparently, Brueckner also owned a blue Bedford van when Madeleine was abducted.
The police impounded the van in November 2007, then had it crushed in May 2009 because Brueckner failed to pay a fine for his conviction for stealing fuel. The police couldn't sell the van (to obtain the money for the fine) due to its poor condition, so they scrapped it.

Vital clues to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann may have been unwittingly destroyed by Portuguese police, it has been reported.

A blue Bedford van that prime suspect Christian Brueckner owned at the time she went missing was impounded for the non-payment of a fine for stealing fuel and reportedly later crushed before it could be searched for evidence.

Crucially he still owned the van in May 2007 when Madeleine disappeared in the coastal resort, according to the respected Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

Brueckner, who was 30 at the time, bought the van with an Austrian friend Michael Tatschl in 2006.

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner's van before it could be searched | Daily Mail Online
Caso Maddie. Carrinha de que suspeito alemão era dono aquando do desparecimento foi desmantelada em 2009

Last edited:
It was definitely afterwards. Reason being, the police would have asked for information about it, but they didn't. He would of had 3 vehicles at the time, the Jag, the VW camper van and the Winnebago. The police asked about the Jag and VW camper van.
But that's the point I was making. Both the DM article and the German article linked further up say this encounter was before MM. DF saying CB used to stop in Foral to fill up with water and charge his battery on his travels and did this often.

This it would seem is prior to him living there. I'm guessing he maybe used to go there as he knew N and R.

DF was himself questioning why the police had made no mention of the winnebago in the appeal, which is a fair point if he did indeed have it prior to MM and we know he still had it years later at the box factory.

Last edited:
But that's the point I was making. Both the DM article and the German article linked further up say this encounter was before MM. DF saying CB used to stop in Foral to fill up with water/fuel on his travels.

This it would seem is prior to him living there. I'm guessing he maybe used to go there as he knew N and R.

DF was himself questioning why the police had made no mention of the winnebago in the appeal, which is a fair point if he did indeed have it prior to MM and we know he still had it years later at the box factory.
The police have that vehicle don't they? The appeal was for vehicles no longer in CB posession.
Initially, I read about a child who ran home to tell his Mum he had found some bones on a neighbours abandoned land (CB residence) The Mum called the police who discovered the buried dog and the memory card. More recently, I read that the police investigating little Inga disappearance, found the Winnibago hidden in an old factory building which CB had recently bought. Inside, the police found a memory card containing 8000 files of indecent, child *advertiser censored* images amongst other items!
Every single detail in this case has a contradicting version and it is so frustrating X

The police have that vehicle don't they? The appeal was for vehicles no longer in CB posession.
Initially, I read about a child who ran home to tell his Mum he had found some bones on a neighbours abandoned land (CB residence) The Mum called the police who discovered the buried dog and the memory card. More recently, I read that the police investigating little Inga disappearance, found the Winnibago hidden in an old factory building which CB had recently bought. Inside, the police found a memory card containing 8000 files of indecent, child *advertiser censored* images amongst other items!
Every single detail in this case has a contradicting version and it is so frustrating X
They have all the vehicles and already had them when the appeal was made.

Spot on. The Winnebago was bought after Maddie's abduction; I just read something from Olive Press, no idea who they are, but it adds to the confusion as the factual events are incorrect.

Maddie McCann investigators want to trace movements in Spain of Winnebago motor home German suspect Christian Brueckner owned - Olive Press News Spain

I'm beginning to wonder now, was it even the German LE who made the appeal on the vehicles of was it just the British LE? Can anyone find the original links?

Seems strange why HCW has since played down the VW and Jag, saying it was only to jog people's memories and that they are not directly thought to be involved in MM's disappearance.

We know the German LE haven't been sharing all their evidence with SY and PJ. Could it be they informed SY about the 2 vehicles but kept the information about the Winnebago to themselves as they consider it more central to the case?

Seems more and more like the German LE are only sharing just enough information, the whole farce with them saying the Jag was in Germany is another example when SY made a statement that it was still in Portugal at the time. Took a week for them to make that correction.

Spot on. The Winnebago was bought after Maddie's abduction; I just read something from Olive Press, no idea who they are, but it adds to the confusion as the factual events are incorrect.

Maddie McCann investigators want to trace movements in Spain of Winnebago motor home German suspect Christian Brueckner owned - Olive Press News Spain
Where are you reading that!? In the article you linked it literally says in the first paragraph he had the winnebago at the time of her disappearance.

Can you post a link where it says he aquired it after, as the 3 articles we've discussed so far say he had it before?

Apparently, Brueckner also owned a blue Bedford van when Madeleine was abducted.
The police impounded the van in November 2007, then had it crushed in May 2009 because Brueckner failed to pay a fine for his conviction for stealing fuel. The police couldn't sell the van (to obtain the money for the fine) due to its poor condition, so they scrapped it.

Vital clues to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann may have been unwittingly destroyed by Portuguese police, it has been reported.

A blue Bedford van that prime suspect Christian Brueckner owned at the time she went missing was impounded for the non-payment of a fine for stealing fuel and reportedly later crushed before it could be searched for evidence.

Crucially he still owned the van in May 2007 when Madeleine disappeared in the coastal resort, according to the respected Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

Brueckner, who was 30 at the time, bought the van with an Austrian friend Michael Tatschl in 2006.

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner's van before it could be searched | Daily Mail Online
Caso Maddie. Carrinha de que suspeito alemão era dono aquando do desparecimento foi desmantelada em 2009

That's alarming, but he wasn't a suspect at the time. I'm sure the scrap yard employees would have checked it for items such as tools etc.

Where are you reading that!? In the article you linked it literally says in the first paragraph he had the winnebago at the time of her disappearance.

Can you post a link where it says he aquired it after, as the 3 articles we've discussed so far say he had it before?
I'll have a search and report back.

And he was arrested (for 300€ in fuel) because he refused to provide an address to the court, so the judge had to jail him (as a foreigner, the risk of escaping was considered high).
However he had an address in Portugal: the one in Praia da Luz.
why would one do that?

Never heard of this either! I would think if the clothes had been M's that her parents would have recognized them though. I honestly don't think it was a decoy, but if related, more of a blunder.

Maybe someone dressed MM in other clothes, or she had contact with the clothes which may well have been worn by another person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier