Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say they do. Also I doubt there were too many calls of that duration on that night at that time. It's kind of near evening meal time.

Ok, so how do they know the call received by CB that night was from a MAN? They either already KNOW who the phone was registered to at the time (and its a man's name), or they know CB spoke with a man that night because someone told them he spoke with a man before MM vanished. They may even know the man's name, but don't want to name him in the media for some reason.

Apologies if this has been discussed before ( and I've forgotten the outcome!)
Referring to the rape of the 72-year old woman.

"The crime was investigated by Portuguese authorities but was closed the following year. Brückner’s involvement only came to light much later, after a former accomplice, with whom he had previously stolen diesel fuel, discovered a video Brückner had apparently filmed of the rape, and eventually went to police."

I thought the first they heard of the rape was the confession in a bar?
ETA
From the Guardian 4th June

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

Last edited:
Ok, so how do they know the call received by CB that night was from a MAN? They either already KNOW who the phone was registered to at the time (and its a man's name), or they know CB spoke with a man that night because someone told them he spoke with a man before MM vanished. They may even know the man's name, but don't want to name him in the media for some reason.
I think we hope that they have a lot of information that we don't know yet.

"The crime was investigated by Portuguese authorities but was closed the following year. Brückner’s involvement only came to light much later, after a former accomplice, with whom he had previously stolen diesel fuel, discovered a video Brückner had apparently filmed of the rape, and eventually went to police."

Boy oh boy ... they make it too easy to work out who the video-finding friend is.

It's in here, so much of the media has got that facts wrong, some of it is because new information is being added all the time (missing German girl) and they can't be bothered to rewrite the article, they end up with a 'mash up' of facts :

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B kept kids’ clothes in his mobile home
The article doesn't make sense though. It says he bought it in 2010 but then goes on to talk about the coversation he had with DF about using the vehicle to transport grass and children. Well, that happened in Foral way before 2010 according to DF!

I've got no idea anymore, so many inconsistencies in the stories being printed. If this is the only 2010 reference though, I'm inclined to think this is the one that's false. The others are all at least consistent in that he had it before MM disappeared.

I think we hope that they have a lot of information that we don't know yet.

Hm. Another possibility on how they know CB spoke to a man that night before MM vanished - perhaps police have already spoken to the man that CB spoke with that night? Perhaps what they need now is someone to corroborate who he spoke with??? Maybe this is why they've asked for someone who's loyalty may have changed to come forward? It sounds so much to me like they KNOW who they are asking to come forward - and they just can't find that person for some reason!

Oops. Think you may have stumbled on something there. Maybe this article has just given a clue away as to who the bar friend was. The article about the crushed blue van in the Mail mentions the friend's name who he was caught stealing diesel with....

The article doesn't make sense though. It says he bought it in 2010 but then goes on to talk about the coversation he had with DF about using the vehicle to transport grass and children. Well, that happened in Foral way before 2010 according to DF!

I've got no idea anymore, so many inconsistencies in the stories being printed. If this is the only 2010 reference though, I'm inclined to think this is the one that's false. The others are all at least consistent in that he had it before MM disappeared.
If we follow the money, what did he make the most money from? Thefts or drugs? I think drugs was more lucrative, he made loads of money from drugs with his friend, who now says he doesn't know CB.

Oops. Think you may have stumbled on something there. Maybe this article has just given a clue away as to who the bar friend was. The article about the crushed blue van in the Mail mentions the friend's name who he was caught stealing diesel with....
Or maybe they've made a mistake?
There's been so much going on and we don't really know what to think.

I dont see how this case can be coming to a close anytime soon. In a world full of DNA, no amount of circumstantial evidence will get him convicted of a murder. Not to mention having not recovered a body! X

I thought both of them got sent to prison for stealing diesel fuel, so how can he be the one that broke into CBs house and stole the camera when CB was in prison, surely that friend was in jail at the same time? I’m soooooo confused now.

I thought both of them got sent to prison for stealing diesel fuel, so how can he be the one that broke into CBs house and stole the camera when CB was in prison, surely that friend was in jail at the same time? I’m soooooo confused now.
I can't keep track. Haven't a whiteboard big enough!:)

Last edited:
And he was arrested (for 300€ in fuel) because he refused to provide an address to the court, so the judge had to jail him (as a foreigner, the risk of escaping was considered high).
However he had an address in Portugal: the one in Praia da Luz.
why would one do that?

Perhaps because CB didn't want that property to be searched?

Doesn't mean they had the same length sentence. CB was perhaps the main culprit, plus he already had a criminal record which could have meant a longer sentence than his friend.

We need a proper timeline for the case. Based on the facts.
Maybe one we can carry forward and add to, as we get to learn more information. At the moment it's kind of hit and miss. A sterling effort by everyone.

We need a proper timeline for the case. Based on the facts.
Maybe one we can carry forward and add to, as we get to learn more information. At the moment it's kind of hit and miss. A sterling effort by everyone.
You're so right! Every single detail has 2 versions. It's how to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. If that is even possible given the sheer amount of conflicting information X

Thinking about it, wasn't the break in where they found these videos much later on? May have been while CB was serving a different sentence. The fuel theft one I believe was not long before MM, I'm sure I read he served about 3 months and had only been out a few months when MM went missing.

So much information we've seen, it's hard to keep track. Either way I dont think this is the same guy as the bar confession, looks to be one of the ones who first reported seeing rape videos in CBs home when they broke in. Would be a big coincidence if the name mentioned in the Mail article isn't him though, unless he had several people who he stole diesel with.

My head hurts. Agree with rebel123, we need a proper timeline based on facts, so many conflicting accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee