Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't a topic for poor Tristan Brubach be created?

This is quite a very horrendous crime beyond anything imaginable and has lots of details that deserve forensic discussion, including profanation of his tomb 1.5 years after his death.

OT - I requested a mod look into whether alternative spellings for Brübach can be added to that thread's title, since it keeps coming up in MM threads.
Ugh, these poor kids. Just to vent, how is there never perp. DNA to be found? :mad:

I can't speak for Germany, but murder convictions are frequently based on circumstantial evidence. A recent example is the 2013 conviction of Mark Bridger for the murder of April Jones, whose body has never been found.

Right.

DNA is circumstantial evidence.

I’m taking this with a pinch of salt, the alternative is absolutely shocking!!????
I'm taking it with a bucketful of salt.
The Daily Mail can't even be consistent from one sentence to the next.
Even though Brueckner confessed his sexual criminal past to the judge that interrogated this information was never passed on to the PJ.
The revelation, made today in the Portuguese media, adds to the growing evidence of the incompetence of the initial police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in May 2007.

If the police weren't told about it, how does it "add" to their "incompetence"?

Really hope the squabling between the different LE doesn't jeopardise this investigation. Can you imagine if CB is guilty and the whole case against him falls apart as a result of politics, pride and ego among the different authorities. I just pray HCW knows what he's doing here and has a rock solid plan that cares little about how anyone looks and is wholly concentrated on getting this nailed.

He told the judge apparently, and that info wasn’t passed onto the PJ

True. Complete non-story. Something just mentioned in court doesn't mean it gets added to a criminal record in that country. The issue is to do with there not being a centralised database for criminal records regardless of citizenship or the country the crime was comitted in.

True. Complete non-story. Something just mentioned in court doesn't mean it gets added to a criminal record. The issue is to do with there not being a centralised database for criminal records regardless of citizenship or the country the crime was comitted in.
Yeah that’s what I think too. Free EU movement should come with a universal criminal database or at the very least an official warning if a sex offender, murderer or pedophile is entering that particular country. it’s concerning there isn’t tbh.

Yeah that’s what I think too. Free EU movement should come with a universal criminal database or at the very least an official warning if a sex offender, murderer or pedophile is entering that particular country. it’s concerning there isn’t tbh.

I'm not sure he would enter such a database in 2006 as I doubt that will ever include offenses by underage people. German LE knew he was in PDL in 2007 and knew (or not, for the same reason) his sexual offenses and yet didn't pass them to Portuguese LE.

It should be worldwide IMO, wouldn't be hard to set up at all. There's no downside, it would make the world a safer place and help tracking down criminals much easier but wont ever happen due to politics.

I'm not sure he would enter such a database in 2006 as I doubt that will ever include offenses by underage people. German LE knew he was in PDL in 2007 and knew (or not, for the same reason) his sexual offenses and yet didn't pass them to Portuguese LE.
That’s crazy to me. Aaron Campbell (alesha macphails killer) was 16 when he stole a 6yr old from her bed, then raped and murdered her in nearby woods, does that mean he can be free to start a new life in France, Germany, anywhere he wants and has a “clean” criminal record because he was under 18. Its so wrong imo. Not to mention dangerous

it reminds me of the Alice gross murder. (Albeit he wasn’t underage)
Alice Gross inquest: Latvian killer 'walked into Britain unchecked'

It should be worldwide IMO, wouldn't be hard to set up at all. There's no downside, it would make the world a safer place and help tracking down criminals much easier but wont ever happen due to politics.
I agree

Not sure how it works in other countries but in the UK, crimes committed underage dont appear on a criminal record (if you apply for a job etc) but they do remain on police file. Same with arrests that dont result in conviction. IMO, all the data should be held on a centralised database accessible to any country.

As for German LE not passing on information, they had no reason to unless PJ requested information, they probably had no idea CB was a POI at the time.

Last edited:

Under schengen there is no way to know who is entering the country

It's almost as if the whole bungling cops get mad with each other is a manufactured story with no basis in reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29