Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under schengen there is no way to know who is entering the country
True. Which is even more reason why there should be a centralised criminal database. Also, not all EU countries are in the Schengen zone, yet still have the luxury of freedom of movement.

I am not surprised that there are so many articles with erroneous information, and articles where information has later been changed.
I was just reading yesterday how, at one point, a journo was expected by the publisher to put up a 2-page spread every day about this case. That is a lot of pressure and leaves little time for proper research.

I'm taking it with a bucketful of salt.
The Daily Mail can't even be consistent from one sentence to the next.
Agreed. The Sun and Mirror are even worse. Both claim the Winnebago was bought in 2010 but then state in the same article that CB told DF about how he transferred grass in it when they met in Foral in 2007.

Last edited:
I've seen no evidence of surgeries mentioned in any reports, but if CB did have a cleft lip/palate then the changes we perceive in his face could be the result of surgeries. e.g. that apparent scar visible on the rhs of his mouth in one photo could be the outer edge of a small skin graft that sorted any scar that had been present below the nostril. You wouldn't notice the other edges so much as they'd follow natural contours. It might be something he'd get done privately after seeing a photofit showing the scar. IMO

ETA I'm not saying that it is, just that we can't dismiss him as being the perpetrator with the scarred lip

It looks a bit too neat for a cleft lip scar to me, but I’m no expert. Just basing it off repaired cleft lips that I’ve seen, the scar tissue is usually wider, and the lip usually looks “pulled” towards the nose a little at the base of the scar. And to graft skin over it I think would draw even more attention to the area - depending on where the skin was taken from, it more than likely would be a different colour, probably wouldn’t grow hair and definitely not in the same pattern as his facial hair if it did. It would be especially noticeable if it was something done later in life, when collagen production slows down and the body doesn’t heal as well as before. But he’s definitely had an injury to the area at some stage, and Tristan’s murderer was described as “EITHER having a cleft lip OR a large scar on his upper lip”. Also described as being 20-30 (CB was 22 at the time). I’d be very surprised if CB hasn’t been in a fight or two in his day.
It’s interesting you bring up skin grafts though, Owlpellet. I’ve always thought CB looks to have a graft at the top of his nose, between his eyes, in the attached photo. The skin is a different colour, it looks stretched and “shiny”. But it’s not evident in any other photo I’ve seen of him. Wonder could the scar the Irish barmaid saw at the top of her assailants leg/hip (I’m 100% convinced still that was CB) be from the result of having skin removed for grafting?o_O

Attachments

• 7F383D02-1F23-416C-8220-F98061108A9F.jpeg
    7F383D02-1F23-416C-8220-F98061108A9F.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 62
I am not surprised that there are so many articles with erroneous information, and articles where information has later been changed.
I was just reading yesterday how, at one point, a journo was expected by the publisher to put up a 2-page spread every day about this case. That is a lot of pressure and leaves little time for proper research.
Unfortunately, it's a case of supply and demand. We, as the public are so desperate to know what happened in this story, and those who own the press know it sells, so are eager to get any story out there regardless of the integrity and accuracy of the content. Helps nobody except the ones selling papers.

It looks a bit too neat for a cleft lip scar to me, but I’m no expert. Just basing it off repaired cleft lips that I’ve seen, the scar tissue is usually wider, and the lip usually looks “pulled” towards the nose a little at the base of the scar. And to graft skin over it I think would draw even more attention to the area - depending on where the skin was taken from, it more than likely would be a different colour, probably wouldn’t grow hair and definitely not in the same pattern as his facial hair if it did. It would be especially noticeable if it was something done later in life, when collagen production slows down and the body doesn’t heal as well as before. But he’s definitely had an injury to the area at some stage, and Tristan’s murderer was described as “EITHER having a cleft lip OR a large scar on his upper lip”. Also described as being 20-30 (CB was 22 at the time). I’d be very surprised if CB hasn’t been in a fight or two in his day.
It’s interesting you bring up skin grafts though, Owlpellet. I’ve always thought CB looks to have a graft at the top of his nose, between his eyes, in the attached photo. The skin is a different colour, it looks stretched and “shiny”. But it’s not evident in any other photo I’ve seen of him. Wonder could the scar the Irish barmaid saw at the top of her assailants leg/hip (I’m 100% convinced still that was CB) be from the result of having skin removed for grafting?o_O
Wasn't this ID made by a group of boys, from a distance, down a tunnel? If so, the mark could have just been a shadow from his scar and/or accentuated by his prominent philtrum?

Last edited:
The Mail quoting a story from The Bild

Did Christian Brueckner turn his friend into a paedophile? Young boy next door who befriended Madeleine McCann prime suspect sexually abused eight-year-old girl years later
  • It has been revealed that Brueckner was friends with 'Robert M' in Braunschweig
  • Robert M was convicted in 2019 of abusing an eight-year-old girl in the city
  • The 20-year-old lived in the same building Brueckner ran a small shop from between 2012 - 2014, and the pair are believed to have been friends at the time
  • Robert M would spend time at Christian Brueckner's shop after school
Christian Brueckner's friend was convicted of sexually abusing eight-year-old girl | Daily Mail Online
Suggests a pattern of behaviour, CB repeating the learned grooming behaviour he was subject to IMO

<RSBM>

A lot of Aussies have that kind of light coloured skin between their eyes. Wearing sunglasses can cause it. The nose is the first place where we see the effects of the sun due to its prominence to the sun.
When I look at the pic in your post, I also see slightly lighter skin on the forehead near the eyes and under the eyes.

A lot of Aussies have that kind of light coloured skin between their eyes. Wearing sunglasses can cause it. The nose is the first place where we see the effects of the sun due to its prominence to the sun.
When I look at the pic in your post, I also see slightly lighter skin on the forehead near the eyes and under the eyes.

Yeah I can see where the light skin around his eyebrows/eyes is from the sunglasses. The skin between his nose looks a different texture to the rest though? Probably just the picture, as I say I can’t see it in any other photo of him. And it could well be a result of sunglasses wearing for all I know, and probably why it looks so strange to me - can usually forgo the sunglasses around these parts :rolleyes:

I am kind of amazed how many people go along with the idea CB is guilty based on propensity evidence from unrelated crimes plus pure gossip

The prosecutor is yet to present even one piece of solid evidence linking CB to the crime

Personally I remain sceptical until he is charged and we get to see the evidence against him

I am kind of amazed how many people go along with the idea CB is guilty based on propensity evidence from unrelated crimes plus pure gossip

The prosecutor is yet to present even one piece of solid evidence linking CB to the crime

Personally I remain sceptical until he is charged and we get to see the evidence against him
Can you give an example of any case where a German prosecutor has presented solid evidence to the general public before they've even questioned the suspect?

Can you give an example of any case where a German prosecutor has presented solid evidence to the general public before they've even questioned the suspect?

Well normally the prosecutor would not run a global media campaign about the guilt of the accused without even charging him.

This is simply bizarre IMO to announce guilt whilst lacking a foundation of evidence to charge.

My point remains the same. Where does the 100% conviction come from if they dont have that evidence?

I just buzz off speculating.
I think it’s in the back of all our minds that this could turn out to be absolutely nothing, like every other single “lead” in this case before it. But we continue to hold out hope. The German LE are the ones that have named him as their man. All we’re doing here is trying to connect dots.

We need clearer photos!

Well normally the prosecutor would not run a global media campaign about the guilt of the accused without even charging him.

This is simply bizarre IMO to announce guilt whilst lacking a foundation of evidence to charge.

My point remains the same. Where does the 100% conviction come from if they dont have that evidence?
This is one of the biggest cases in recent times. It seems they have full confidence that this is their man and why would you think they would tell us exactly why that is? How would that help? Yes it seems they don't have quite enough evidence to guarantee a conviction just yet, so what would you do in their position?

IMO they've made the appeal now to gather those last bits of evidence from everyone who knew him in order to get a conviction. We don't know what other evidence they have, who it involves, where it comes from. My guess is they dont want CB to know that either, hence the reason for not pressing the charge just yet.

There's no rush to divulge what evidence they have to him, he's not going anywhere. This media involvement is a deliberate plan by HCW, just remeber we didn't even know who CB was a couple of weeks ago, let alone what evidence they had against him. They are telling us only what they want us to know and no more.

Last edited:
Wasn't this ID made by a group of boys, from a distance, down a tunnel? If so, the mark could have just been a shadow from his scar and/or accentuated by his prominent philtrum?
I thought it was originally from one of the children attacked in their beds by an intruder in PdL. But yes, there was also the photofit from the other attack.

It does seem to me (probably naively) that if more petty crime were cracked down upon, there would be a much better trail on criminals that would help establish escalating behaviour and also movements for more complex cases.

We need clearer photos!
A clear side on photo would be good. The philtrum above his lip looks quite prominent to me. I'm wondering if it could be mistaken for a hare lip. The sighting was in a tunnel, light from only one end, potentially accentuating any features or scars due to the shadows.

A clear side on photo would be good. The philtrum above his lip looks quite prominent to me. I'm wondering if it could be mistaken for a hare lip. The sighting was in a tunnel, light from only one end, potentially accentuating any features or scars due to the shadows.
or maybe that's why it's prominent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member