Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how this case can be coming to a close anytime soon. In a world full of DNA, no amount of circumstantial evidence will get him convicted of a murder. Not to mention having not recovered a body! X
I can't speak for Germany, but murder convictions are frequently based on circumstantial evidence. A recent example is the 2013 conviction of Mark Bridger for the murder of April Jones, whose body has never been found.

My head hurts. Agree with rebel123, we need a proper timeline based on facts, so many conflicting accounts.

The media is responsible for much of the confusion. It's the curse of internet news - constantly updated with nobody checking or editing. They get things wrong and copy each other's reports, errors included, and add more of their own. Articles are hastily and poorly written leading to ambiguity and misunderstanding.

Can't stress enough that we have to be very, very careful with everything we read online.

Did the friend get sent to prison or did he pay his fine?
Yes he went to prison, the fine was in addition. CB didn't pay his which is why the blue van was impounded.

Makes me think now, was the reason he transferred the title of the Jag due to him being concerned about having it impounded as well? For some reason I thought AB had the title transferred it to him afer MM disappeared and CB went back to Germany but I'm not sure now. The article linked below has a piece from AB in it and it says he had the Jag registered to him while CB was in prison in Portugal (presumably for the diesel theft). It then reads as though CB transferred it from AB to another acquintance based in Munich of the 4th May.

"At some point I reached the conclusion that he was involved with drugs,' he added, and was in prison in Portugal for two or three months, during which time he handed over the Jagguar car to him.

'When he came out, he was back here quickly, I didn't know more at the time,' he says. Later, he gave the car over to an acquaintance in Munich. 'He always made surprisingly quick decisions,' he added."

Police link jailed paedophile to abduction of girl aged five in 2015

The media is responsible for much of the confusion. It's the curse of internet news - constantly updated with nobody checking or editing. They get things wrong and copy each other's reports, errors included, and add more of their own. Articles are hastily and poorly written leading to ambiguity and misunderstanding.

Can't stress enough that we have to be very, very careful with everything we read online.
Reporters are going back in and changing things too in the original articles. There's things I'm postive I've read and when I try to find them, the article says something slightly different now.

'House of horrors' where Maddie suspect's friend sexually abused girl in attic

"Police raided the disused factory, where they seized a motorhome and excavated parts of the property"

At the time of that search, CB was in jail for other offences... so what tipped them off to search / excavate in Inge's case? They must have had a tip or something to point them in that direction in Inge's case! This makes it seem more likely to me that they have a good case against CB and just need a way to put the nail in the coffin!

Reporters are going back in and changing things too in the original articles. There's things I'm postive I've read and when I try to find them, the article says something slightly different now.
That is precisely why I try to quote and link vs just link. So often in media things are changed, or over the years, get buried or removed!! Ugh!

At the time of that search, CB was in jail for other offences... so what tipped them off to search / excavate in Inge's case? They must have had a tip or something to point them in that direction in Inge's case! This makes it seem more likely to me that they have a good case against CB and just need a way to put the nail in the coffin!
could of just been a process of elimination, maybe they were checking all known pedophiles within a certain radius of where inga went missing. i'm sure i read CB was in a minor car accident around 35 miles from where inga was last seen, so that might arouse suspicion maybe?

I can’t help but wonder if indeed MM was targeted , whether the abductor would have tried another way. What I mean is, if MM wasn’t in her apartment that night, would she have been taken some other way?

I've seen no evidence of surgeries mentioned in any reports, but if CB did have a cleft lip/palate then the changes we perceive in his face could be the result of surgeries. e.g. that apparent scar visible on the rhs of his mouth in one photo could be the outer edge of a small skin graft that sorted any scar that had been present below the nostril. You wouldn't notice the other edges so much as they'd follow natural contours. It might be something he'd get done privately after seeing a photofit showing the scar. IMO

ETA I'm not saying that it is, just that we can't dismiss him as being the perpetrator with the scarred lip

Some more info about the blue Bedford van .... Brueckner gave an address (in Nov 2007) in Barrocal as his residence at the time. The police went to the address and found the blue Bedford van.

Barrocal is about 3 hours away from Praia da Luz.
View attachment 251730

Carrinha que poderia estar ligada ao desaparecimento de Maddie foi desmantelada em Portugal

I think you found wrong Barrocal. It's more likely to be Barrocal near São Bartolomeu de Messines. Search in GoogleMaps. It's 50min. from PDL.

Yes he went to prison, the fine was in addition. CB didn't pay his which is why the blue van was impounded.

Makes me think now, was the reason he transferred the title of the Jag due to him being concerned about having it impounded as well? For some reason I thought AB had the title transferred it to him afer MM disappeared and CB went back to Germany but I'm not sure now. The article linked below has a piece from AB in it and it says he had the Jag registered to him while CB was in prison in Portugal (presumably for the diesel theft). It then reads as though CB transferred it from AB to another acquintance based in Munich of the 4th May.

"At some point I reached the conclusion that he was involved with drugs,' he added, and was in prison in Portugal for two or three months, during which time he handed over the Jagguar car to him.

'When he came out, he was back here quickly, I didn't know more at the time,' he says. Later, he gave the car over to an acquaintance in Munich. 'He always made surprisingly quick decisions,' he added."

Police link jailed paedophile to abduction of girl aged five in 2015

Police seized Bedford and not VW. This might mean Bedford had a Portuguese plate and VW had a German one. Jaguar had a German plate. It's unlikely they would seize German vehicles as they don't necessarily have a registration in Portugal. So it's unlikely he would transfer Jaguar's registration to escape seizing.

Apparently, Brueckner also owned a blue Bedford van when Madeleine was abducted.
The police impounded the van in November 2007, then had it crushed in May 2009 because Brueckner failed to pay a fine for his conviction for stealing fuel. The police couldn't sell the van (to obtain the money for the fine) due to its poor condition, so they scrapped it.

Vital clues to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann may have been unwittingly destroyed by Portuguese police, it has been reported.

A blue Bedford van that prime suspect Christian Brueckner owned at the time she went missing was impounded for the non-payment of a fine for stealing fuel and reportedly later crushed before it could be searched for evidence.

Crucially he still owned the van in May 2007 when Madeleine disappeared in the coastal resort, according to the respected Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

Brueckner, who was 30 at the time, bought the van with an Austrian friend Michael Tatschl in 2006.

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner's van before it could be searched | Daily Mail Online
Caso Maddie. Carrinha de que suspeito alemão era dono aquando do desparecimento foi desmantelada em 2009

BBM

I wonder if this is the friend from the balcony.

MOO

Police seized Bedford and not VW. This might mean Bedford had a Portuguese plate and VW had a German one. Jaguar had a German plate. It's unlikely they would seize German vehicles as they don't necessarily have a registration in Portugal. So it's unlikely he would transfer Jaguar's registration to escape seizing.
Yes I know they seized the bedford but why does it matter if his car has a german or Portugese plate? If they are his property, the police can seize it and sell/scrap it to make up the value of the outstanding fine. Are you trying to claim the PJ don't have authority to seize a car if you put a foreign plate on it?

Yes I know they seized the bedford but why does it matter if his car has a german or Portugese plate? If they are his property, the police can seize it and sell/scrap it to make up the value of the outstanding fine. Are you trying to claim the PJ don't have authority to seize a car if you put a foreign plate on it?

DLK I'm replying to a thread that claims transfer of Jaguar property might be to avoid seizing and I'm trying to tell it might not be the reason. Of course they can seize foreign plates, but it's more difficult for sure. For local plates it's enough to check a database. They'll probably need to catch person is possession of a foreign car (in police operation, for instance, if they have information to do so).

It’s worth noting that as time goes on the advances in DNA continues. Remember the murder of Stephen Lawrence in 1993? They had five suspects from quite an early stage but it took until 2012 until anyone was convicted. I believe this was due to forensics in clothing. It was an down to a single Police Officer that studied the evidence again and managed to get two people charged.
The solving of MMs case will be down to a very diligent detective with lots of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife