Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know. Odiaxere. But was there a burglary? In "Processo" files, they have registers of calls to GNR in Lagos on May 3 and 4, 2007 and that security company in Lisbon called them a lot of times. 22:29:36, 23:18:39, 0:09:25, 01:34:51, 03:24:23 and still more later. Also, I don't know how they counted 16 minutes.

P.J. POLICE FILES: TRANSCRIPTS OF TRACED CALLS

I can only recall hearing of the one call of a alleged burglary....I don’t think we’ve ever had confirmation if a burglary actually occurred, I’m more inclined to think it was a distraction. I can’t see all those call logs, could you screenshot them please? Also does it mention the name of security company? I have no idea where the 16 minutes have come from as Kate found MM gone at 22.00 and you say the 1st call from Odiaxere came at 22.29. It would more make sense if 1st call came at 22.16 or earlier.

just read this:
says CB was also the registered owner of a white Mercedes-Benz 205D van and a grey Opel Ascona at the time Madeleine went missing.
• whereabouts of both vehicles is unknown
• neither of them is thought to have been examined by forensic experts.

also, i wonder which door they knocked on? thought CB was living in the VW camper van in/around may 2007.

Does no one find it odd that this Michael guy is suddenly convinced CB is guilty since he watched a Madeline documentary on netflix?? It just sounds suspicious to me. He’s saying “ I know he’s guilty, it was definitely him, he just needs to confess now”..... all cause some woman on a Netflix documentary described a man knocking on her door one day who had blonde hair and acne? I feel like He knows more but doesn’t want to say for some reason. Maybe cause he thinks he’ll look bad for not reporting it at the time and letting the case go unsolved for so long, I dunno, I just think there more to it.. IMO

It does seem a bit odd, but maybe he was someone who didn't pay all that much attention to the case at the time. If he is to be believed he also didn't know of CB's sexual crimes at that time and thought he was another thief and drug dealer like himself.
Maybe seeing the Netflix doc, and by that time knowing that CB had committed rape, it all clicked into place for him.
Just speculating, obviously.

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain
a bit more about the stash in the farmhouse from this fella MT.
• big bag of cash.
• loads of passports
• any other stolen goods
• camcorder

a couple of thoughts:
wouldn't CB be straight after these german 'friends' the day he got out?
i can imagine a load of passports require quite a different kind of stolen goods buyer than - for instance - a camcorder.

eta
• a bunch of rolex watches (also in the stash)

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain
a bit more about the stash in the farmhouse from this fella MT.
• big bag of cash.
loads of passports
• any other stolen goods
• camcorder

a couple of thoughts:
wouldn't CB be straight after these german 'friends' the day he got out?
i can imagine a load of passports require quite a different kind of stolen goods buyer than - for instance - a camcorder.

eta
• a bunch of rolex watches (also in the stash)
rbbm.
It would be very interesting and even hopeful if there were also children's passports in that '' load,'' imo.

It does seem a bit odd, but maybe he was someone who didn't pay all that much attention to the case at the time. If he is to be believed he also didn't know of CB's sexual crimes at that time and thought he was another thief and drug dealer like himself.
Maybe seeing the Netflix doc, and by that time knowing that CB had committed rape, it all clicked into place for him.
Just speculating, obviously.

I don’t believe he is a credible witness, in his interview with olivepress he contradicts himself imo,
“I know he done it I was living with him at the time” “I was staying at his house & camping in a van in the garden”
He then claims CB was living wild & free and the police weren’t sure where he was living at the time.
He also claims he went back to Spain in March 2006 for the dragon festival & stayed there & next seen CB when he turned up in Spain late May/early June. I’m so confused by his interview.
The article states they were best friends and had lived together for years, did he never wonder about the wooden beams? Oh I forgot he is a carpenter. He thinks the dogs name was Charlie...surely he would have known the dogs name? he couldn’t remember CB older German gf name either.
When they were both arrested in April 2006 they spent several months together in prison until Dec 2006. Upon release MT went to Austria for a few weeks at Christmas & when he returned CB had lost the rented home? 2 German friends cleared evidence of burglaries from CBs house at his request (somewhere between April & Dec) & found recordings of him raping an old woman, they confided in MT about what they had found.
MT also states he knew CB had “sexual issues”and all CBs friends THOUGHT he was a pervert. It’s my opinion they knew he was a pervert & were all somehow compliant.
Why else would 3 individuals turn a blind eye to those vile videos? Even your average drug dealer /petty criminal would be outraged by this & would have at the very least distance himself from CB, why all his friends thought he was a pervert & chose to keep his company speaks volumes to me. Also even after MT watched Netflix Documentary and apparently just realised that CB was responsible for MM abduction, why didn’t he contact police? Police turned up his door a few weeks later apparently. I’m wondering if “Julia” is MTs ex that he was living with in Spain?
It’s my belief that all his “friends”started talking when the police came knocking.

Last edited:
that security company in Lisbon called them a lot of times. 22:29:36, 23:18:39, 0:09:25, 01:34:51, 03:24:23 and still more later.

The Odiaxere 'burglary' calls - do we know whether it was a person reporting a suspected burglary, or just the security company responding to an automated alert from a burglar alarm? (Sorry, my dodgy eyes find the call log files too tricky to read.)

If the latter, the repeated calls might be put down to a malfunctioning alarm. But if somebody really did hear noises of a disturbance, starting not long after the abduction & continuing on & off through the night, this could potentially be linked. Maybe CB knew of the Odiaxere property (he had good local knowledge & lived in various places in the area at one time or another) & took her there, breaking in if necessary?

I wonder if this is one of the locations German LE are trying to identify, with their appeal for anyone familiar with the interior of CB's homes to come forward?

It would certainly be helpful if a neighbour at Odiaxere could remember a van turning up outside on the relevant night...

I can only recall hearing of the one call of a alleged burglary....I don’t think we’ve ever had confirmation if a burglary actually occurred, I’m more inclined to think it was a distraction. I can’t see all those call logs, could you screenshot them please? Also does it mention the name of security company? I have no idea where the 16 minutes have come from as Kate found MM gone at 22.00 and you say the 1st call from Odiaxere came at 22.29. It would more make sense if 1st call came at 22.16 or earlier.

You can check all calls and later calls in the link I provide from "Processo" files.

just read this:
says CB was also the registered owner of a white Mercedes-Benz 205D van and a grey Opel Ascona at the time Madeleine went missing.
• whereabouts of both vehicles is unknown
• neither of them is thought to have been examined by forensic experts.

also, i wonder which door they knocked on? thought CB was living in the VW camper van in/around may 2007.
Foral is the only place I can think of where he started living a short while after MM disappeared.

Reading through all this is interesting, absolute perfect storm of events that night and in the time after with the timings of the parents visits to check on the children (and the method of entry leading to confusion), Tannerman sighting, the apartment full of people, the PJ doing a pretty crap job (admitted I think the statements given by the Mcanns and friends probably led them up a wrong path at first), Officials not passing on information that CB was a peadophile after his admission in court over the fuel theft...the list goes on.

I have always had a bad feeling about SM personally, he doesnt appear reliable and I would bet my house he knows some really dodgy people.

I think the German authorities are on the right track with CB, i just dont have confidence that they will ever have enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he murdered MM (but i do hope so).

Two things:
1. One of the I'd drawing s (the one with a man wearing sunglasses and has a broader face) looks to me more like MT than CB

2. CB's 'sexual issues'....(I hope I'm allowed to say this). I wonder if CB had issues with the size of his 'manhood'? Perhaps he was teased as a child because of this, maybe from from gfs, maybe that's what turned his head towards children, and more vulnerable victims. He had power and couldn't be laughed at? People said he was an angry man, full of rage . If his face is disguised on the videos he made, perhaps he can be identified by other parts of his body?
Just a thought....

Re. Hazel Behan (she has waived anonymity) and the 2015 radio interview about her 2004 rape in Portugal. This was posted before but I can’t recall by who. Thank you for pointing it out.

Tubridy floored by ‘bravery’ of woman sharing her harrowing rape ordeal live on air

I encourage everyone to listen to this in full, with the disclaimer that it could be *very* triggering for survivors of sexual assault.

There are definite similarities to the 2005 rape that CB was convicted of. It’s hard to know how similar because we don’t know many details about the attack on the 72 year old American but HB said she threw up when she recently read details. The Met and Portuguese LE are reportedly taking the connection seriously. There were some reports it had been dismissed but the original article in Portuguese media seems to have been amended.

One of the most disturbing things I noticed was that the rapist was “forensically aware”. He took off his shoes, he washed his hands repeatedly, he cut her clothes off with scissors, he used multiple condoms, he seems to have tried to get her to shower etc.

I don’t know if anyone else watched Unbelievable on Netflix but it immediately reminded me of that case. They discovered that the rapist had a Rape Forensic Guide made for LE in his possession, which was basically how to not get caught guide for rapists. Material like this circulates on the dark web.

Other things to note:
- she was attacked in a resort apartment in Portimao
- the perp may have broken in prior to the rape because money was stolen in the days before
- the attack was well planned and he referred to her by name

This may not be CB but if it was he will have gone to some effort not to leave much forensically at the crime scene.

edit. oops forgot link to interview. Added

re: the swimming costumes.
size - they don't look like the swimming costume of a small child.
could they be large enough for CB to be wearing himself... they are made of very elastic materials.
if you saw him wearing one, would you possibly say - 'i can only describe [it] as a leotard'?
for the swimming costume imagery:
Madeleine McCann suspect's motorhome contained a stash of girls' swimming costumes | Daily Mail Online

Those are Adidas Flyback swimsuits. Worn by competitive swimmers. I started wearing one at the age of 8, cost my parents a fortune, when I first joined the swim team. The pattern depended upon our teams' choice for the year (always with red and white as our prominent colours - Canadian). They were not in "childish" colours or patterns as they are competition suits worn by the entire team who ranged in age from 8 to 19.

The red swimsuit shown is also a competition suit, although not a 'butterfly' back (that's a competitive swim-stroke BTW). The logo on the suit clearly indicates this - notice the competitive swimmer on their mark and "set" to go as soon as the gun sounds? Depending on the stroke that you were about to swim (race), some would switch suits to those thought to be more favourable to faster times for certain strokes (ie: the "Butterfly back for swimming butterfly).

Just google girls' flyback swimsuits …

Whichever victim these suits pictured here came from, was someone involved in competitive swimming. … A pool where actual swim teams train rather than just your average public, outdoor pool. Possible that he also just stole these girls' items while burgling holiday homes as well … sure to take swimsuits on vacation with you if you're a girl.

Edit to add: here's a link to Adidas Girls' Flyback competitive training suits … you can see how small they actually come by clicking on the size chart within.

Adidas Girl's Allover Swimsuit - Blue / Pink

Last edited:
Those are Adidas Flyback swimsuits. Worn by competitive swimmers. I started wearing one at the age of 8, cost my parents a fortune, when I first joined the swim team. The pattern depended upon our teams' choice for the year (always with red and white as our prominent colours - Canadian). They were not in "childish" colours or patterns as they are competition suits worn by the entire team who ranged in age from 8 to 19.

The red swimsuit shown is also a competition suit, although not a 'butterfly' back (that's a competitive swim-stroke BTW). The logo on the suit clearly indicates this - notice the competitive swimmer on their mark and "set" to go as soon as the gun sounds? Depending on the stroke that you were about to swim (race), some would switch suits to those thought to be more favourable to faster times for certain strokes (ie: the "Butterfly back for swimming butterfly).

Just google girls' flyback swimsuits …

Whichever victim these suits pictured here came from, was someone involved in competitive swimming. … A pool where actual swim teams train rather than just your average public, outdoor pool. Possible that he also just stole these girls' items while burgling holiday homes as well … sure to take swimsuits on vacation with you if your a girl.

I imagine that the police are hoping that owner(s) of the found swimsuits - or their parents - might come forward, so the police can track more of Brueckner's movements. Hence the release of the swimsuit photos.

Those are Adidas Flyback swimsuits. Worn by competitive swimmers. I started wearing one at the age of 8, cost my parents a fortune, when I first joined the swim team ...

Whichever victim these suits pictured here came from, was someone involved in competitive swimming. … A pool where actual swim teams train rather than just your average public, outdoor pool. Possible that he also just stole these girls' items while burgling holiday homes as well … sure to take swimsuits on vacation with you if your a girl.
Great info on the swimsuits.

FYI, this article states one of CB's odd jobs in Portugal was installing swimming pools.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members