Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking for what looks like water towers in that vw photo.Didnt find them but i did find one near faro..wierd the photo below the one i found near faro is of one in Braunschweig Germany.Theres also a water tower in Saxony Anhalt (re Inga)..but i guess theres just water towers everywhere right?,wierd tho.
Portugal – Skånska vattentornssällskapet

When I first looked at the reflection in the van window I saw a blond girl.

When I do a side by side comparison I see CB in a blond wig

He is known to own wigs

We know about some of his sexual perversions ... any rumors of cross dressing ?

Would certainly be a good disguise.

When I first saw that shadow, I didn't consider CB. But now, who knows. GA talked about his long hair. Could it be him here?

Did you try Morocco?, maybe the border with spain?

No way, Morocco, as inscriptions are clearly written in Latin letters, not Arabic letters.

There are not many clues here, but I share the universal feeling from everybody who watches picture that this is near sea, probably a port, and more likely to be in Southern Portugal or Spain.

No way, Morocco, as inscriptions are clearly written in Latin letters, not Arabic letters.
Travel & Tourism - Ferries | Andalucia.com
ferry routes to morocco, great thinking...
the quirky arrow
the sign is a black blob for ferry.
orange barriers.
hills close behind. the white building. overhead walkways. those tall grey vertical pillars for lights.
loads of new building work in malaga since 2007.

malaga?
malaga ferries go to Melilla

Really liked your Málaga lead, Sleuth-D.

What a choice of ferry to park your VW camper next to.

Looks like the only ferry that goes out of Malaga… is to Melilla.
Melilla is a Spanish autonomous city located on the northwest coast of Africa, sharing a border with Morocco.
Melilla is one of the special territories of the European Union.
(No passport required?).

you learn something new every day

Information hard to find about that. The best I could get was a site about cruises that says entry requirements for Spanish territories in North Africa are the same as Spain.

So an ID seems fine as he's German.

Yesterday I spent several hours "touring" many of the commercial loading docks but did not find anything so far.

=I especially kept an eye out for the somewhat unique building (pic below)

=Plus the van is parked under an overhead ramp (or road) supported by concrete pillars

GA would tell that building to the right to be an "almost perfect" match.

Now we need an angle.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
When I first looked at the reflection in the van window I saw a blond girl.

When I do a side by side comparison I see CB in a blond wig

He is known to own wigs

We know about some of his sexual perversions ... any rumors of cross dressing ?

Would certainly be a good disguise.

Woah good spot.

Perhaps. It looks like a X-shaped white structure. I've already asked help from my metabunker friends.

There is a guy on another thread I am on that does some photo enhancing thingy. Wonder if it is worth getting him to look at the photo. I could inbox him the picture?

Edit...scrap that I see you are making progress anyway.

Last edited:
if you use google maps 3d... take a look at Parador de Malaga Gibralfaro, Malaga
then for comparison take a look at the building top left [background, in the hills] of the VW photo.

Sleuth, this is your merit, but this picture may be more clear showing "Parador de Málaga Gibralfaro", which matches the houses that can be seen on the hill on top of van (right upper quadrant of pic below).

0b035078-05df-3059-8b6b-c068b8aa86fb

Last edited:
Maybe his van pictures were taken from his USB and not taken by police as thought before.

Now I could bet the guy reflected is CB with his long hair from 2007 as GA talked about (but not as long as he said, but quite compatible with some 15-20cm). With sunglasses on top of head. And someone took the picture for him.

So we have him in Málaga port, a gateway to Melilla. No VISA or passport needed, just an EU-ID. A trip to Melilla (and Morocco?) has never been considered in his timeline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member