Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this info passed by?
Details of his (CB) confession that he was a sexual predator have emerged in documents of his interview by criminal investigating Judge Antonieta Nascimento in the Portimao court house on 8th April 2006 [edit: for stealing diesel].
In May 2007 the PJ made a list of all foreign nationals who had been convicted of sex crimes and the abuse of children that lived in the area around Praia da Luz.
Even though Brueckner confessed his sexual criminal past to the judge that interrogated this information was never passed on to the PJ.
The revelation, made today in the Portuguese media, adds to the growing evidence of the incompetence of the initial police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in May 2007.

Christian Brueckner TOLD authorities he was a predator a YEAR before Madeleine McCann disappeared

I can't speak for Germany, but murder convictions are frequently based on circumstantial evidence. A recent example is the 2013 conviction of Mark Bridger for the murder of April Jones, whose body has never been found.
Aww I remember this case, I watched a documentary about it too. Aside from having no forensic evidence, the Police did have an eye witness. Who described MB distinctive left hand drive vehicle. MB did admit to taking April, albeit he claimed he knocked her from her bike and the plan was to get her to hospital. Plus, he was arrested within 48hrs. Also the police helicopter that helped in the search actually recorded him leave his house to walk his dogs the following morning. Hardly evidence, but still positively placed him right there in the immediate search area. Unlike CB.. unless somebody comes forward he could claim that somebody else had his phone that night. Hard to believe that barely a shred of evidence has been found that can 100% be proven in over 13yrs! X

I wonder why he told the judge he had committed sex offences? Was he asked about prior offences?

Anyway, shows he is aware of his own convictions and therefore less likely to be able to plead insanity (although, of course, he is denying any involvement in MM according to recent lawyer statements in MSM).

I wonder why he told the judge he had committed sex offences? Was he asked about prior offences?

Anyway, shows he is aware of his own convictions and therefore less likely to be able to plead insanity (although, of course, he is denying any involvement in MM according to recent lawyer statements in MSM).

He seems to enjoy both recording and telling people about his crimes. He’s devious enough to lie but there’s a part of him that wants to boast, too; wants to tell everything in order to impress people. MOO

Whether that narcissism can be used against him, who knows? Either to get him to talk or to simply to find evidence since he’s probably told many people various things over the years.

FYI, in November 2019, just before he was convicted, CB wrote a letter from jail to the newspaper in Braunschweig inviting them to follow his case, which he claimed was an injustice.

It’s quite a bizarre thing to do.

Subscription only, unfortunately.

https://www.braunschweiger-zeitung....chweig-Zeugen-belasten-den-Verdaechtigen.html

“In eloquent language and meticulous writing, a Braunschweig detainee complained that he was being wronged. He would appreciate it if the press followed the trial against him and told the public about the arbitrariness of the local authorities.”

Google Translate

Portuguese prosecutors DESTROYED vital DNA evidence | Daily Mail Online

Evidence of the rape also detroyed.

As an aside, " it appeared to be a 'one-off' attack." - is it realistic to think a 5hr attack that has been meticulously planned and carried out would/could ever be a one-off attack?? Seems unlikely!

Also, the bar photo that they've used in the article - do we know who that female friend is?

Finally, a publication that seems to have sensibly summed up what the German prosecutor has said ..... things that sound like they may be more accurate. imo

Several BBMs:
During the appearance, Reichelt stated that while police are likely aware of how McCann died, they are still looking for information pertaining to where her body was buried. Continuing, he added that law enforcement are interested in Brückner due to the fact that they believe he has "knowledge" surrounding the abduction that could only be known by the person responsible.

It has also been said that officials are hoping that they can find a "knockout" piece of evidence that could directly tie him to McCann's murder. As for who could potentially supply it, they reportedly believe that British tourists "are likely to be key to finding it."

On Thursday, Hans Christian Wolters, from the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, stated that they "are assuming that the girl is dead," as reported by the BBC. However, police believe that others have "concrete knowledge" about Madeleine's disappearance, including where her body was left.

Madeleine McCann Case Update: Prime Suspect Named, Police Believe Others Have 'Concrete Knowledge'
Madeleine McCann Update: 'Knockout' Evidence In Case Could Be Provided By Unexpected People

Last edited:
Ms Behan's underwear was among clothes passed on to a lab for expert analysis along with a broken nail.

The documents make it clear DNA was obtained but no match. They do not specify the exact nature of the material recovered.

Confirming the destruction of the DNA evidence, they say: 'On March 15 2007 when the judge decides to archive the investigation, the Public Ministry decide any biological material should be destroyed.

Wow. I have no words. If i’ve got nothing nice to say I best keep my mouth shut!!!!!!

Finally, a publication that seems to have sensibly summed up what the German prosecutor has said ..... things that sound like they may be more accurate. imo

Several BBMs by me:
During the appearance, Reichelt stated that while police are likely aware of how McCann died, they are still looking for information pertaining to where her body was buried. Continuing, he added that law enforcement are interested in Brückner due to the fact that they believe he has "knowledge" surrounding the abduction that could only be known by the person responsible.

It has also been said that officials are hoping that they can find a "knockout" piece of evidence that could directly tie him to McCann's murder. As for who could potentially supply it, they reportedly believe that British tourists "are likely to be key to finding it."

On Thursday, Hans Christian Wolters, from the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, stated that they "are assuming that the girl is dead," as reported by the BBC. However, police believe that others have "concrete knowledge" about Madeleine's disappearance, including where her body was left.

Madeleine McCann Case Update: Prime Suspect Named, Police Believe Others Have 'Concrete Knowledge'
Madeleine McCann Update: 'Knockout' Evidence In Case Could Be Provided By Unexpected People
Wow. I wonder what info he’s told someone that only ‘the kidnapper would know’ - the police has obviously held something back from public knowledge. I just wonder what it could be?

also why do they think british tourists are the key? Soooo many questions. I’m so intrigued.

Wow. I wonder what info he’s told someone that only ‘the kidnapper would know’ - the police has obviously held something back from public knowledge. I just wonder what it could be?

also why do they think british tourists are the key? Soooo many questions. I’m so intrigued.

I think they are hoping British tourists will have old holiday photos or videos that may have inadvertently captured either CB or one of his vehicles or even acquaintances of his at a stretch!

It is simply the constitutional principle. The state does not get to declare guilt by media.

I’m also a lawyer and share the views above. Declaring a suspect guilty without having enough evidence to charge undermines the legal system. I’m all for appeals but not declarations of guilt without trial .

Again it is routine to have suspects and launch public appeals. One can do it without declaring the absolute guilt of the suspect in advance.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. I have no issue with public appeals.

But logically it is hard to square the state announcing 100% guilt, whilst also lacking the evidence to prove it.

That leads to a slippery slope of the state pronouncing people guilty of crimes whilst never charging them, and we do know it is not uncommon for the prosecution to falsely accuse people.

So I prefer the traditional approach. Whilst the state may have high conviction of guilt, they should stick to the language of suspects until they have sufficient prospects to charge and proceed to trial.

Declaring guilt without charging, I see as problematic.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner was linked to knife | Daily Mail Online

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I haven’t come across this article before. Thought it *might* come in useful for the timeline... I know it’s the DM :rolleyes: but if it’s to be believed, CB was living in Linden in 2009/10. Nearly 4 hours from Augsburg where we know he spent time.

Maybe I live a very sheltered life on this wee island and murder, abduction etc is a more common occurrence to the rest of the world... but isn’t it a tad strange how, no matter where CB goes, **** like this seems to happen??o_O

I thought it was interesting that the article mentioned some body parts were never recovered which seems similar to the TB murder. Maybe this is CBs MO. Just speculation.

Evidence of the rape also detroyed.
As an aside, " it appeared to be a 'one-off' attack." - is it realistic to think a 5hr attack that has been meticulously planned and carried out would/could ever be a one-off attack?? Seems unlikely!
Also, the bar photo that they've used in the article - do we know who that female friend is?
So the biological samples have been destroyed, but what about the forensic report(s) on the samples? What about the DNA profiling report / PCR report? Surely they still have kept that?

So the biological samples have been destroyed, but what about the forensic report(s) on the samples? What about the DNA profiling report / PCR report? Surely they still have kept that?

Surely forensic labs keep all results. Birmingham only returned some samples to PJ and destroyed others.

I don't think such a discreet scar, if any, needing detailed picture, could have been seen by witnesses who saw it at distance in possible TB's murderer.

Agreed - however, my point being, he could have had a recent injury/scab/cut at that time, and it would therefore have been more prominent then. i.e. he does have evidence of some sort of injury/trauma on his lip. And in the case of TB, the witnesses say it was (I can't remember the exact words) something like a scar as a result of recent surgery

Maybe the scar was a fresh wound or a blood splatter from the attack that settled into/onto it?

Just thinking (too much time on my hands) ...

CB writes letters. It’s a ‘thing’ he does.

This article says his letters to previous girlfriends are something German police want to read.

Cops investigating Christian B searching for letters he wrote mentioning Maddie

He also writes letters to the media from jail, as per this article.

Google Translate

He may have sent other letters:

To LE
To the press
To the McCanns (urgh)

Worth following up, imo.

In the article about the young “friend” that abused the 8 year old girl where CB had his kiosk, the neighbour was quoted as saying the boy “could even write to [CB] when he had no money”.
Someone here has already queried if the young friend could be the one talking to police to get a lesser sentence... Could he have shown the correspondence between him and CB?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams