Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement from the Federal Criminal Police in Germany

https://www.bka.de/DE/IhreSicherhei...rhalt_englisch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=4

BKA and Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office are conducting investigative proceedings for suspected murder against a German suspect
On 03/05/2007, then 3-year-old Madeleine (Maddie) Beth McCANN disappeared without a trace from a hotel complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal.
In this connection, on behalf of Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, the Bundeskriminalamt is conducting investigative proceedings for suspected murder against a 43-year-old German na- tional currently in detention in a different matter.

I really hope this case may come to an end, but for some reason I'm not feeling it yet.

I'm wondering how they got this info 13 years later bur I guess tike will tell.

IMO, of course.

I too am trying to keep myself subdued

However - this is major, to actually name a suspect.

An article, the bbc article, states that 'significant' information was revealed in 2017, after a renewed plea for information

Apparently he was one of 600 (!!) suspects to begin with....so, he's one that never quite got off the radar

To name him as a suspect suggests they've done their homework

Now: where is Maddie!?

JMO

The suspect who is currently in prison in Germany has not been named. He was in the vicinity of the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the evening of 3 May 2007, and had a telephone conversation that ended just over an hour before the child went missing from the holiday apartment where she had been sleeping alone with her younger twin siblings as her parents dined at a nearby restaurant.

He was described as being white, with short blonde hair, possibly fair, and being of around six foot tall. Now aged 43, in 2007 he was 30 – but it was said that he may have looked as young as 25. The man, who is in prison on an unrelated matter, had been in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007, with short spells in Germany during that time.

In what they described as a significant moment in their investigation, the Metropolitan police released details of the telephone number used by the man and a number he had been called from, along with photos of a camper van he was said to have been using to live “a transient lifestyle” in Portugal’s Algarve.

German prisoner identified as suspect in disappearance of Madeleine McCann

rbbm.
Madeleine McCann investigation leads UK police to new suspect - CNN
''The police also revealed details of two cars linked to the suspect around the time of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
"The first vehicle is a distinctive VW T3 Westfalia campervan. It is an early 1980s model, with two tone markings, a white upper body and a yellow skirting. It had a Portuguese registration plate," the statement said.
"The suspect had access to this van from at least April 2007 until sometime after May 2007. It was used in and around the area of Praia da Luz."
"The second vehicle is a 1993 British Jaguar, model XJR 6, with a German number plate and registered in Germany," the statemnt adds
"This car is believed to have been in the Praia da Luz and surrounding areas in 2006 and 2007. The car was originally registered in the suspect's name. On 4 May 2007, the day after Madeleine's disappearance, the car was re-registered to someone else in Germany."
The detectives asked the public to come forward with any information on the vehicles and on two mobile phone numbers, one of which is believed to have been used by the suspect on the day of Madeleine's disappearance.''

Can anyone summon up a photofit? Sure one of those was a similar description
These ones or something else?
Madeleine McCann case: British police release sketches of person of interest
October 14, 2013
image.jpg

Police in the U.K. have released these two sketches of the same suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.

From the Guardian article:

“You may be aware of some of the things he has done. He may have confided in you about the disappearance of Madeleine. More than 13 years have passed and your loyalties may have changed. He is in prison and we are conscious that some people may have been concerned about contacting police in the past. Now is the time to come forward. We are appealing to you.”

I've never suspected the parents

What I gathered early on is that there was false information spread over & over: if I'd believed that then I would have entertained the notion

For now - I'm in Pollyanna-landia: not only do I want the culprit caught, I want, somehow & someway that she's okay....yeah: I know, I know......

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member