Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
0_253997654.jpg

''EMBARGOED TO 1915 WEDNESDAY JUNE 3 Undated handout photo issued by Metropolitan Police of a 1993 Jaguar XJR6 that has been linked to the suspect.
rbbm
Detectives identify new suspect in Madeleine McCann disappearance
''Mr Cranwell told reporters on Wednesday he was taking the "really unusual" step of releasing two mobile phone numbers as part of the appeal.

The first, (+351) 912 730 680, is believed to have been used by the suspect and received a call from another Portuguese mobile, (+351) 916 510 683, while in the Praia da Luz area, starting at 7.32pm and ending at 8.02pm on the night of May 3 2007.''

''He added: "This is a significant development, which is why we've made the decision to take this significant step of making a public appeal on some information that we would not normally talk about in our major investigations."

The Operation Grange incident room can be contacted via 0207 321 9251 or operation.grange@met.police.uk.''

Gosh!
Like everybody else I hope something comes out of it....but I won’t jump up and down yet.
I do think it’s interesting that there is so much detail in the statement released. Sounds like they really were investigating hard and they didn’t just cast a giant net out and pull in a German bad guy.

How old is Martin Ney?

The detail about the "30 minute call" probably means that they don't think he did it alone. Those pictures have to be evidence pictures from Madeleine's case files, they had his name for a long time... yikes.

He's about 49-50.

Yep, It feels like there are more people involved. Perhaps that is why no names have been released yet?

Thanks for the link! rbbm
''A German state prosecutor confirmed the suspect is a paedophile who has been convicted of sexual abuse against children as well as other sex crimes, and had lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007 in a house just outside the resort town.

According to authorities, he pursued several casual hospitality jobs in the neighbouring Lagos area during his time there, with further evidence suggesting he burgled hotels and apartment complexes for a living.''

'''He's 43 now. At the time he was 30, but he could have looked aged somewhere between 25 and 32''.

''A German state prosecutor confirmed the suspect is a paedophile who has been convicted of sexual abuse against children as well as other sex crimes, and had lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007 in a house just outside the resort town.

According to authorities, he pursued several casual hospitality jobs in the neighbouring Lagos area during his time there, with further evidence suggesting he burgled hotels and apartment complexes for a living.''

'''He's 43 now. At the time he was 30, but he could have looked aged somewhere between 25 and 32''.

The case is getting stronger.

"Sky News is not revealing the suspect's identity for legal reasons and Scotland Yard has not named him.The suspect's name was given to the Metropolitan Police in 2017 after the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

A former neighbour of the suspect said: "He arrived in the mid-90s and rented the place from the English owner.

"He went back to Germany at one stage and moved another German guy in to look after it, then came back and threw him out on the street.

"He was always a bit angry, driving fast up and down the lane, and then one day, around 2006, he just disappeared without a word. I think he left some rent unpaid."

The neighbour added: "About six months later I was asked to help clean up the place and it was disgusting, absolutely vile. It had been trashed, with broken stuff like computers all over the place.

"We found a bin bag and inside were wigs and exotic clothing, whether just fancy dress or something stranger I couldn't tell." "

Madeleine McCann disappearance: Police reveal details about latest suspect

Well now IF he is guilty, IMO cut a deal in return for her location. One that still protects society but allows her to be found and laid to rest by her family. IF he gives her location... give him a prison he'd prefer or something. My opinion only.

ETA: Even though he deserves nothing even if he confesses. But bring her home.

Holy Guacamole! Where's my margarita!!!?

Hospitality jobs?
Burgled hotels, apartments?
Didn't we all figure it was someone who was in on the 'in' to pull this off??

JMO

"Sky News is not revealing the suspect's identity for legal reasons and Scotland Yard has not named him.The suspect's name was given to the Metropolitan Police in 2017 after the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

A former neighbour of the suspect said: "He arrived in the mid-90s and rented the place from the English owner.

"He went back to Germany at one stage and moved another German guy in to look after it, then came back and threw him out on the street.

"He was always a bit angry, driving fast up and down the lane, and then one day, around 2006, he just disappeared without a word. I think he left some rent unpaid."

The neighbour added: "About six months later I was asked to help clean up the place and it was disgusting, absolutely vile. It had been trashed, with broken stuff like computers all over the place.

"We found a bin bag and inside were wigs and exotic clothing, whether just fancy dress or something stranger I couldn't tell." "

Madeleine McCann disappearance: Police reveal details about latest suspect

"...with broken stuff like computers...."

Broken computers - evidence...?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics