Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm, the way they handled the case is not exactly professional.
When you see the tunnel vision towards the parents, meanwhile not exploring valuable lines of inquiries, the way they handled the scene...

I do not trust them at all in this case!
I agree, they should have explored all avenues and not put all there eggs in one basket (the parents guilty) Having said that the parents left their toddlers sleeping alone so they could go out for a meal, something a responsible parent would never do IMO.Kate was refusing to answer certain questions and they did not behave “normally” under the situation.Its hardly surprising that they were suspected at first.

Does it specify anywhere exactly what drugs the suspect was dealing? Just curious whether it was a few grams of cannabis here and there or many kilos of hard drugs like cocaine/heroin.

So what do we know for certain?

Child *advertiser censored* and found guilty of sexual assault against a child.

In the area and nearby at the time of the crime.

Changed the registered owner for the Jag the day after MM’s disappearance.

History of violent sex crime - convicted of violent rape.

Speculative film evidence of at least one further rape.

Reported confession in a bar - from the same witness who appears credible given the concurrent information regarding the rape of the elderly woman.

I’m usually open to coincidence but that’s shaping up quite convincingly. It’s definitely not enough though. I’m assuming they know more and they’re holding it back as the litmus test for any witnesses that now come forward.

and his girlfriend was alleged to have left him in the Algarve and returned to Germany. Or did she? Is she alive. I've seen reports from a neighbour of one of the Algarve properties (a flat and a a farmhouse) saying they used to have big arguements that were overheard.

Do we know, when this guy got arrested for the rape of the 72 year old, whether he pleaded guilty or not guilty? I may be reading things wrong, but if he confessed to the two crimes to his pal, but they only have DNA evidence from one, obviously that's the only one they could charge him with.

He can't have confessed anything about Madeleine to the police, otherwise they wouldn't need to go public to find the girlfriends name or the owners of the phone numbers. So did he admit to the other rape, or was he convicted on forensics?

According to the translation we were kindly given yesterday he was pleading Not Guilty.

'Watching this avidly.

Does anyone else link the positive cadaver response on the blue sofa to a potential assault on MM in the property (if we are putting CB there)?'

If I've got my facts right, he vacated the property at the time of Maddie's disappearance. The owner took it back after neighbours informed that it was empty and left in disrepair.

One thing that i have noticed over the years posting here, is that it often seems that perverts have one wonky (stick out, pointy, unusual in some way, ear).

*Rushes to double check own ears in mirror. - Its okay; I'm not a pervert. Phew. Jokes aside that is really observant of you - I will be keeping my eye (and non pointy, wonky unusual ears) on this in future. Thanks.
So this tends to suggest they are going from the tip off on a theory of the case and looking for an accomplice.

I guess PJ searched the former home long ago.

and a few years worth of their own sleuthing, holding things back that we don't know.

'Watching this avidly.

Does anyone else link the positive cadaver response on the blue sofa to a potential assault on MM in the property (if we are putting CB there)?'

If I've got my facts right, he vacated the property at the time of Maddie's disappearance. The owner took it back after neighbours informed that it was empty and left in disrepair.

I thought it was 'behind' the sofa? I also read he left the Algarve shortly afterwards. However long shortly is though....is as long as a piece of string.

The sofa is irrelevant regards Maddie, unless he broke into his rented home after he had abandoned it. (I tried to place a quote in message.)

It sounds like the police want as many people to come forward who may know or have been victims of CB. It has certain similarities to what happened in 1998 with the notorious Sidney Cooke case. Prior to the Police and Criminal Justices Act, Cooke was due to be paroled and the police were anxious for anyone to come forward so that he could be rearrested. IMO

I wondered this too. I wonder if he means MN who had a propensity for raping, then killing young boys. He looks more like GM than CB does, he was investigated but ruled out because his targets were boys. MN and CB must have known each other in PDL and were both there at the time in question. MN is also in a German prison, just a thought. (Not sure if I'm allowed to say MN's name?

No idea but I'd love to be reminded somehow.

Sorry all, I was unclear.

there was a positive cadaver response in the McCanns apartment. I was theorising that MM was sadly assaulted/harmed there before removal by the suspect, as the time frame appeared to get larger in recent years.

someone has now helpfully clarified the cadaver response was behind the sofa though, so not sure.

If this suspect is guilty, makes you reconsider all the previous evidence in a new light. The Jane Tanner sighting for example and the door being half open in the children's room when Gerry checked.

Could it be that he broke in and he hid behind the door when Gerry came to check. Then he left with Maddie just afterwards and it was him that Jane Tanner saw? The only thing she was really able to discern other than the man's build was his rather odd hairstyle but when you learn that he had a collection of wigs at the place he was staying nearby...

Or of course it could be the accomplice in the apartment and the suspect was waiting in his jag nearby. The re-registration of the car the following day seems really fishy. You'd have thought the police would have followed up who it was reregistered to, so the fact that detail was released means that they consider it significant.

Does it specify anywhere exactly what drugs the suspect was dealing? Just curious whether it was a few grams of cannabis here and there or many kilos of hard drugs like cocaine/heroin.

this is all I've found so far:

After returning to Germany, Brueckner continued stealing and drug-dealing. In October 2011, a district court in the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein sentenced him to one year and nine months for a crime involving 'narcotics in large quantities'. The term was initially suspended.

Brueckner stayed there for 12 years, telling families he was working as a caterer and odd-job man. In truth, he was dealing cannabis, trafficking drugs and burgling holiday homes and hotel rooms.

By 2014, Brueckner was living in Braunschweig, near Hanover, where he boasted to friends he had opened a local shop. He claimed he worked from seven in the morning until midnight but the business, along with his relationship, failed and he began to hit the bottle and live on benefits.

n 2016 he was sentenced to one year and three months' imprisonment for 'sexually abusing a child in the act of procuring himself and possessing child *advertiser censored*'.

After his bar-room claims about Madeleine in May 2017, Brueckner appears to have returned to the Algarve. Within a month he was held under a European Arrest Warrant and extradited back to Germany.

That September, he was sentenced to 15 months in prisonfor the sexual abuse of a child according to Thomas Klinge, spokesman for the Hanover public prosecutor's office.

After his release in August 2018, he later told a court, he was homeless, spending nights sleeping on park benches. He travelled to Milan – but within a month he was arrested and extradited to Germany yet again, this time to face trial for drugs offences.

In October 2018, he was convicted of dealing drugs and sent to prison in Kiel in Schleswig-Holstein, where he remains to this day. Prosecutors also had enough evidence to charge him with the horrific sex attack he had filmed 13 years earlier.

Police hunt Madeleine McCann suspect's 'underage Kosovan' ex who lived with him in Praia da Luz | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1