Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What number?

Because when I called both of them, my carrier's automatic message said that it was inactive.

So I am very surprised by your statement.

the night this broke a twitter user had input the number that was clarified to be the person who received the call and not CB, and the persons avatar and user name was Diogo Silva. Not sure if they’ve named him because of this twitter post or it’s significant.

the night this broke a twitter user had input the number that was clarified to be the person who received the call and not CB, and the persons avatar and user name was Diogo Silva. Not sure if they’ve named him because of this twitter post or it’s significant.
Looks like he was named by thisnportugese newspaper. It’s behind a premium lock, but a link on another article from them also states his name and alleges CB was near the ocean club at the time
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.jn.pt/justica/ha-um-nome-para-juntar-ao-telefone-misterio-que-a-policia-procura--12279373.html%3Ftarget%3Dconteudo_fechado&usg=ALkJrhj7ugh7fA6DhJi6SLPx9x8g2EaD8A

a
ny Portuguese speakers here who can give insight on this newspaper? :)

Just to add below, that you can sign up and associate your snap account with a mob number, and still keep the account long after changing mobile numbers. Which may explain why the number in the press is offline, but the snapchat account matches the name.

Some good points raised here. Can you tell me, as you kindly did some translation yesterday, have you seen anything more about the fact he is alleged to have left a bag/s of wigs and fancy dress when he left one of the Algarve properties? I was just wondering if he wore a wig when he allegedly abducted M?

Edit: I've also read that the alleged perp did dog sitting for German friends at a house in Monte Judeu. But I can't link that article unfortunately. If you find anything in a German paper about this I'd be interested to hear more. Thanks.

The German print media keeps it pretty quiet for now. Read a few articles in the local newspaper today, nothing new. I read something about the bag of wigs, but it was on some online news website that I don't give a lot of credit. They refered to an interview some neighbour did with the Sun. I have not read anything about dog sitting but I will take a look for you!

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier - is it known if he owned the campervan or was it rented? Have the police said much about it?

Does it specify anywhere exactly what drugs the suspect was dealing? Just curious whether it was a few grams of cannabis here and there or many kilos of hard drugs like cocaine/heroin.

He was also found guilty for trafficking Marihuana "and other drugs" on Sylt

I am surprised that the number is said as active.
Because when I ran it this morning before calling the UK police, it triggered an automatic message by my carrier that the number doesn't exist.
I also ran it through Whatsapp and it has no account linked to it, dixit Whatsapp.
Maybe it didn't work with a French number, but works with another country code. It's a question, nothing certain about it.

However, I had once the problem when my friend's number was a Whatsapp account, but their system didn't recognise as a Whatsapp account.
My number is a French number, so if a sleuther of another country code could run the number on their own Whatsapp and tell me if it worked, it would be wonderful!
You can run this check without storing the number in your contact: WhatsApp FAQ - Seeing your phone number already in WhatsApp
Adding 2 screenshot. If you get a green tick, it means that the number is a valid Whatsapp account. The valid number I took to show is of a Colombia pharmacy chain called Farmatodo Colombia: Farmacia y droguería online 24 horas a domicilio - Farmatodo and on the left menu, you choose "Contactenos" (in Spanish).
I know that Farmatodo has nothing to do with the case. However, I wanted to show you how a valid Whatsapp account looks like when you run it without storing it, and I prefer using a public number of a company customer service rather than one of my personal contacts. My personal contact would not appreciate seeing their number publicly on display about a high profile criminal case when said person has absolutely nothing to do with it, shape, form, color, whatever you want!

1) Running the key witness released by police for checking through Whatsapp without storing it
2) What does a valid Whatsapp number looks like when you check
3) What looks like Farmatodo's contact page

I can run it again and record the automatic message by my carrier (in French) if you want to.

Attachments

• E4D2ADC3-9180-4D5F-8BE7-C324DAE8C1B0.png
    E4D2ADC3-9180-4D5F-8BE7-C324DAE8C1B0.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 4728E21A-896F-4324-B75A-95C6BC8D9C00.png
    4728E21A-896F-4324-B75A-95C6BC8D9C00.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 9CE35DC2-1704-45F0-B01C-D8FD759F82E9.png
    9CE35DC2-1704-45F0-B01C-D8FD759F82E9.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 26
Just to add below, that you can sign up and associate your snap account with a mob number, and still keep the account long after changing mobile numbers. Which may explain why the number in the press is offline, but the snapchat account matches the name.
Thank you! I never use Snapchat for lack of time

Per Wikipedia, Snapchat was created in 2011 Snapchat - Wikipedia

So, the mobile number was in use after 2011 to be registered with Snapchat, or am I wrong?

Take a look in the thread with translations from German articles, I translated a Spiegel article there where this was said
Thank you!
Was lost with "Slyt", I thought it was another newspaper which hadn't appeared on the thread yet. My mistake! :confused::eek:

I am surprised that the number is said as active.
Because when I ran it this morning before calling the UK police, it triggered an automatic message by my carrier that the number doesn't exist.
I also ran it through Whatsapp and it has no account linked to it, dixit Whatsapp.
Maybe it didn't work with a French number, but works with another country code. It's a question, nothing certain about it.

However, I had once the problem when my friend's number was a Whatsapp account, but their system didn't recognise as a Whatsapp account.
My number is a French number, so if a sleuther of another country code could run the number on their own Whatsapp and tell me if it worked, it would be wonderful!
You can run this check without storing the number in your contact: WhatsApp FAQ - Seeing your phone number already in WhatsApp
Adding 2 screenshot. If you get a green tick, it means that the number is a valid Whatsapp account. The valid number I took to show is of a Colombia pharmacy chain called Farmatodo Colombia: Farmacia y droguería online 24 horas a domicilio - Farmatodo and on the left menu, you choose "Contactenos" (in Spanish).
I know that Farmatodo has nothing to do with the case. However, I wanted to show you how a valid Whatsapp account looks like when you run it without storing it, and I prefer using a public number of a company customer service rather than one of my personal contacts. My personal contact would not appreciate seeing their number publicly on display about a high profile criminal case when said person has absolutely nothing to do with it, shape, form, color, whatever you want!

1) Running the key witness released by police for checking through Whatsapp without storing it
2) What does a valid Whatsapp number looks like when you check
3) What looks like Farmatodo's contact page

I can run it again and record the automatic message by my carrier (in French) if you want to.
Why did you call the police? They can check numbers themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member