Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly Update #8 - Mar 20 2018

Good progress was made over the past week.
They have completed the north leg and are working on the south leg (shown on diagram).

Seabed Constructor successfully recovered the damaged ROV that had been ‘wet-stored’.

The ship departed the search area on Sunday, Mar 18 2018, and are expected to arrive on Mar 22 2018 in the Fremantle port for a scheduled port call to facilitate technical crew change, refueling and restocking.

Total area covered is now 29,500 square kilometers.
No significant contacts to date.

Favorable weather and sea conditions are forecasted for the week ahead.

Kevin's dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkeilqnebk80jxn/MH370 Search Weekly Report 8_english.pdf?dl=0

That is heartbreaking. But I think they need to tell him. Otherwise, I fear that eventually someone is going to inadvertently say something or he will overhear something and he will find out that way. Then he wont trust his family.

Not only that but I bet this poor kid thinks Dad doesn't even care enough to call or write!
With all the technology now even incarcerated or deployed parents are involved daily.
This kid is going to end up believing his Dad has totally abandoned his family.
Yes, they need to tell him. It's cruel not to.

Not only that but I bet this poor kid thinks Dad doesn't even care enough to call or write!
With all the technology now even incarcerated or deployed parents are involved daily.
This kid is going to end up believing his Dad has totally abandoned his family.
Yes, they need to tell him. It's cruel not to.

I agree I think children should be told a parent or loved one has died in a sensitive way as soon as possible. The boy is going to be absolutely devastated his dad is dead and his family lied to him in the end.

The problem is a large proportion of the passengers families still don't believe the plane has crashed, believing instead the plane landed and they are being held hostage somewhere. I know they don't trust the Malaysian government or the airline but it is highly unlikely the plane landed somewhere and everyone survived.

It landed at DG,

go and try and find the blue lagoon manager that seen it over heard at 6am then when i contacted him a few day later
someone had paid a visit and he lost his memory.

Weekly Update #8 - Mar 20 2018

Good progress was made over the past week.
They have completed the north leg and are working on the south leg (shown on diagram).

Seabed Constructor successfully recovered the damaged ROV that had been ‘wet-stored’.

The ship departed the search area on Sunday, Mar 18 2018, and are expected to arrive on Mar 22 2018 in the Fremantle port for a scheduled port call to facilitate technical crew change, refueling and restocking.

Total area covered is now 29,500 square kilometers.
No significant contacts to date.

Favorable weather and sea conditions are forecasted for the week ahead.

Kevin's dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkeilqnebk80jxn/MH370 Search Weekly Report 8_english.pdf?dl=0

Im glad they are still looking.

Weekly Update #9 - Mar 27 2018

Seaboard Constructor arrived in port on Thursday, Mar 22 2018. With a quick turnaround, she departed Fremantle the following morning Mar 23 2018 and was expected to arrive at the search area on Tuesday, Mar 27 2018.

Looking at the diagrams, it looks like they are now searching the last section of the required area.

Total area covered as of Mar 25 2018 is 33,000 square kilometers.
The additional kilometers were added after data processed on transit to port.

No significant contacts have been identified to date.

Of all things, a Cat 5 Severe Tropical Cyclone ‘Marcus’ moved through the search area over the past week. It is anticipated to impact the coming week’s search operations.

Weekly Update - Apr 3 2018

The Seabed Constructor continues to survey the search area accompanied by a support vessel, MV Maersk Marine.

I think I have this figured out right and hope this makes sense. Image is on the link.
The required search is set up in 3 sections (yellow, pink and green) straddling the ping arc area and going north from the original search route.

The weird upside down u-shaped yellow section surrounds and extends outward the width of the original search on the ping arc. They are now finishing the top of this section which includes the area of Broken Ridge (mountains under the sea) and the Diamantina Trench, the deepest part of the Indian Ocean, all of which are very difficult to search.

The second section (pink) will be to the north of the yellow area and the green is north of the pink, neither of which have been searched before. They also will extend outward on both sides of the ping arc as wide as the newly searched yellow area.

Total area covered as of Apr 1 2018 is 37,000 square kilometers.
No significant contacts have been identified to date.

The Cat 5 storm has dissipated and no longer a threat.
Weather and sea conditions are favorable for the week ahead.

Kevin's dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxmkkn81xpze8zd/MH370 Search Weekly Report 10_English.pdf?dl=0

Still waiting on Weekly Update #11 to be posted on Kevin's FB site.

Weekly Update #11 - Apr 10 2018

The Seabed Constructor continues to survey the search area accompanied by a support vessel, MV Maersk Marine.

Site #1 (yellow) search is complete with total area covered of 38,214 square kilometers.
Site #2 (pink) search is moving right along with 7,500 square kilometers completed.
(I guess we will find out with next week's report if they are keeping each total area covered separately instead of a running total.)

A point of Interest(POI) was identified from the AUVs missions and ROV(KD31) was deployed for further investigation. Upon detailed survey by the ROV, it was determined to be geological. Images at the link. (Amazing to look at those clear images and see how clean the surface at the bottom of the ocean looks and how easily unusual objects may be spotted.)

Weather may be building later this week.

Kevin's drop box - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgb5rvuh9lf02bp/MH370-Operational-Search-Update-11.pdf?dl=0

Weekly Update #12 - Apr 17 2018

Site #2 (pink) is now complete. That didn't take long. They are now surveying site #3 (green) and according to the charts, a Site #4 (blue) has been added. None of this has been searched before.
Images at link.

Total area searched in Sites #1 and #2 is 53,000 square kilometers.

Two new points of interest (#13 and #14) were discovered. These were investigated by the ROV and found to be geological in nature. Images at link.

Some marginal weather could occur this week but is not expected to impact the search operation.

Kevin's drop box - https://www.dropbox.com/s/29zerogqyjxxnv7/MH370 Search Weekly Report 12.pdf?dl=0

Weekly Update #13 - Apr 24 2018

Search is moving right along in the first half of the green area.

Seabed Constructor is expected to depart the search area for Fremantle later this week for a technical crew change, refueling and resupplies.

Total area searched in Site #3 (green) is 11,500 square kilometers.

Favorable weather forecast for the week.

Kevin's dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w7d1jqoc0jxvsq/MH370 Search Weekly Report 13.pdf?dl=0

Weekly Update #14 - May 1 2018

The first half of the green area has now been completed and they have begun searching in the last half of the green area. According to the diagram, the next search area will be blue.

Seabed Constructor left on Saturday for Fremantle for their technical crew change, refueling and resupplies.

NOTE: According to the Facebook link, they actually arrived in Fremantle this morning as scheduled and are hoping to do a 23 hour turnaround before departing again for the search area.

Total area searched in Site #3 (green) is 20,000 square kilometers.

Good weather forecast for the week.

NOTE: Facebook link says "Things are going to get pretty rough out there for Seabed Constructor upon her return to the search area on Friday."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng3mnd5esmln9i4/MH370 Search Weekly Report 14_English.pdf?dl=0

https://www.facebook.com/MH370NewsandInfo/

Ocean Infinity Update - Apr 30 2018

It says the ship after refueling will head straight back to site for the FINAL phase before the weather limits Ocean Infinity’s ability to continue working this year.

Also says even though it has been disappointing that MH370 has not been found yet, everyone is still determined for the remainder of the search.

https://oceaninfinity.com/update-se...urce=Social&utm_medium=Post&utm_content=MH370

Does anyone here think there is any chance at all that searchers are looking in the wrong area entirely?
speculation, imo.
https://www.cp24.com/world/new-scan-of-indian-ocean-floor-turns-up-no-sign-of-mh370-1.3909898
[h=1]New scan of Indian Ocean floor turns up no sign of MH370[/h]
SYDNEY, Australia -- A new scan of the Indian Ocean floor for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has searched nearly 80,000 square kilometres (31,000 square miles) since January without finding any sign of the wreckage. But the company looking for the plane, which has been missing for more than four years, said it is still determined to find it.

This comes despite earlier hopes that a 25,000-square-kilometre (9,650-square-mile) area most likely to contain the missing aircraft had been identified.

It is entirely possible they are looking in the wrong place. Tragically I am very sorry to say it is looking highly likely the plane will never be found and there won’t be any answers. A miracle is required.

That is my belief as well...that they are searching in the wrong spot...

IMO

It is entirely possible they are looking in the wrong place. Tragically I am very sorry to say it is looking highly likely the plane will never be found and there won’t be any answers. A miracle is required.

I'm really shocked the plane hasn't been found yet. I really doubt this company would go out there to search without seeing the data to support where the plane could have ended up. I feel that there has to be a reason the plane isn't in one of the likely zones and can't be far. This is the area they heard the black boxes beeping but couldn't locate it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member