Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am reading the updated maps right in the top graphic at link below it looks like they are doing a circle around something.

https://www.facebook.com/MH370NewsandInfo/photos/pcb.781632098689872/781632035356545/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MH370NewsandInfo/posts/

Not sure what that is all about.

Overall the crew has to be disappointed with the slow progress and weather that may have caused some delays.

Its hard to tell what some of what we are really looking at. Not sure how this person below made the assumption they made on the link below.
Its all so confusing.

https://twitter.com/dearmrhazzard/status/965991231510798336

It looks like they are moving again and searching. What I do is go to top of link below and then scroll down a little under the "Wave Heights" Videos to get to the most recent Photos where it shows the ships tracking lines in the dark blue water. You can click on any of those photos near the top and it will show the photo in a larger view.
That way you can see the tracking lines better.

Its a little hard to tell where the ship actually is but when you have done this a few times and compare to the older photos you get a feel for how to interpret exactly where the ship is.

The ship has now moved away from that circling they were doing the other day and are making progress now. They are heading northeast. Then for whatever reason they went backwards on their line in a southwest direction for just a little bit.

This website is the best way I have found to keep track. Just wish someone on board the boat would be able to provide a play by play comment on their track along with these types of photos.
The website administrator there is doing a pretty good job of trying to do that. But it gets confusing. Which is why I like looking at the most recent photos myself and watch the differences as we get new photos.

https://www.facebook.com/MH370Newsa...CfDzbExVENVn59v_oe5wtRmgIdfRSExUgZaBPGetZuxZY

I also look at the Kevin's Facebook site almost every day to check the progress. Also use it to get the link for the dropbox site he uses. It is fascinating to "watch" the ship move along in all the diagrams. When they started out going every whichaway this trip, I thought for a moment that it must be the new crew trying to learn how to operate the ship!
LOL

Weekly Update #5 - Feb 27 2018

I don't remember this before so this may be new.
The Seabed Constructor is being accompanied by the support vessel MV Maersk Mariner.

After weather started improving, the ship completed the Site 1/Area 1 (which I thought was completed already) and is now starting on Site 1/Area 2. Diagrams are at the link.

No significant contacts identified to date.
Area covered is now 8200 sq kilometers.

Favorable weather is forecast for the coming week.

Kevin's dropbox link -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr7e0a2gow6sj7u/MH370 Search Weekly Report 5_English.pdf?dl=0

Weekly Update #5 - Feb 27 2018

I don't remember this before so this may be new.
The Seabed Constructor is being accompanied by the support vessel MV Maersk Mariner.

After weather started improving, the ship completed the Site 1/Area 1 (which I thought was completed already) and is now starting on Site 1/Area 2. Diagrams are at the link.

No significant contacts identified to date.
Area covered is now 8200 sq kilometers.

Favorable weather is forecast for the coming week.

Kevin's dropbox link -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr7e0a2gow6sj7u/MH370 Search Weekly Report 5_English.pdf?dl=0

Thanks. And I agree that nothing important has been found yet from what we can tell. The ship is making much better progress searching than they did that first week or two.

Below is a pretty good summary of the latest round of searching.

https://twitter.com/richard_e_cole/status/968956297562546176

The eldest son of S. Puspanathan, a Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 passenger, is still unaware of his father’s disappearance.

The 7-year-old thinks his father is away at work, as his family does not have the heart to tell him the truth.

Puspanathan’s father, G. Subramaniam, 64, said his grandchild, P. Varmer, asked why Puspanathan had not returned from work as they had been waiting for a long time.

“My family does not have the heart to tell him the truth. Instead, we made up a story that Puspanathan is away at work.

“Varmer’s father had been missing since he was 3. Now, he is in Year One, and is still waiting for his father’s return,” he said at his home in Telok Panglima Garang here recently.

Puspanathan, 34, was an information technology expert.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/03/340785/mh370-four-years-child-thinks-dad-away-work

The move to assemble MH370 wreckage pieces is in the last phase of preparation will be finalised by the mid of this month.

Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM) chairman, Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, said the plan was devised by Malaysia with inputs from Australian experts.

He said the plan includes technical preparation and the related equipment to bring up the wreckage of the aircraft which maybe found at a depth of 6,000 metres in the southern reaches of the Indian Ocean.

“The plan was initially agreed upon in 2014 when we conducted search in a 160,000 square kilometre area which at that time was led by Australia.

"But now, the search is being led by Malaysia, so we need to consider drawing up a plan to reconstruct the debris of the plane and the black box with the cooperation of various agencies and local experts.

"The purpose of the plan is to enable further follow up action to be taken in the event the underwater search by the Seabed Constructor, owned by Ocean Infinity Limited, finds MH370,” he said today.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...-mh370-wreckage-pieces-be-finalised-mid-march

The move to assemble MH370 wreckage pieces is in the last phase of preparation will be finalised by the mid of this month.

Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM) chairman, Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, said the plan was devised by Malaysia with inputs from Australian experts.

He said the plan includes technical preparation and the related equipment to bring up the wreckage of the aircraft which maybe found at a depth of 6,000 metres in the southern reaches of the Indian Ocean.

“The plan was initially agreed upon in 2014 when we conducted search in a 160,000 square kilometre area which at that time was led by Australia.

"But now, the search is being led by Malaysia, so we need to consider drawing up a plan to reconstruct the debris of the plane and the black box with the cooperation of various agencies and local experts.

"The purpose of the plan is to enable further follow up action to be taken in the event the underwater search by the Seabed Constructor, owned by Ocean Infinity Limited, finds MH370,” he said today.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...-mh370-wreckage-pieces-be-finalised-mid-march

Could have sworn I replied. Thanks everyone for the updates. I've been reading on my tablet, unfortunately there's no like post option so I try to come back on my computer so everyone knows I'm still following.

I really am hopeful they find the plane, everything points to this area of the ocean but planning to bring it up makes me feel like they're jinxing it.

The eldest son of S. Puspanathan, a Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 passenger, is still unaware of his father’s disappearance.

The 7-year-old thinks his father is away at work, as his family does not have the heart to tell him the truth.

Puspanathan’s father, G. Subramaniam, 64, said his grandchild, P. Varmer, asked why Puspanathan had not returned from work as they had been waiting for a long time.

“My family does not have the heart to tell him the truth. Instead, we made up a story that Puspanathan is away at work.

“Varmer’s father had been missing since he was 3. Now, he is in Year One, and is still waiting for his father’s return,” he said at his home in Telok Panglima Garang here recently.

Puspanathan, 34, was an information technology expert.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/03/340785/mh370-four-years-child-thinks-dad-away-work

This is so sad. I couldn't imagine having to tell your child that their father disappeared and I'm not sure at which age it should have been done... but this doesn't seem a healthy way to handle things.

This is so sad. I couldn't imagine having to tell your child that their father disappeared and I'm not sure at which age it should have been done... but this doesn't seem a healthy way to handle things.

That is heartbreaking. But I think they need to tell him. Otherwise, I fear that eventually someone is going to inadvertently say something or he will overhear something and he will find out that way. Then he wont trust his family.

That is heartbreaking. But I think they need to tell him. Otherwise, I fear that eventually someone is going to inadvertently say something or he will overhear something and he will find out that way. Then he wont trust his family.

Exactly. They are doing more harm than good at this point. He is going to find out one way or another and you would rather have family members explain what happened rather than one of his friends or himself figuring it out.

This is a really bad move on their part whitholding the news from him for so long.

I still can’t believe that after all these years.. still no answers. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLIGHT MH370: THE LIFE WITHOUT ANSWERS OF GHYSLAIN WATTRELOS

Ouest France
https://www.ouest-france.fr/faits-d...e-sans-reponses-de-ghyslain-wattrelos-5610430

Four years ago today, the Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines disappeared. On board were 239 people, including the wife and two of the three children of Ghyslain Wattrelos. He recounts his fight and his interrogations in a book published a few days ago.

Would the radars from Thailand, Malaysia, China, Vietnam really have not recorded any signals from Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370, that disappeared on 8 March 2014? Ghyslain Wattrelos doesn't believe it. His wife Laurence, 52, and children Hadrien, 17, and Ambre, 13, were on board, together with his son's Franco-Chinese girlfriend, Yan Zao. 239 passengers and flight attendants were in this Boeing 777 from Kuala Lumpur at 0041 hours for Beijing, where they were scheduled to arrive at 0630 hours. A final radio message took place between the pilots and Malaysian controllers at 0119. Then nothing... The aircraft's two communication systems, the transponder and the Acars, were disabled.

"The civilian radars lost track of the plane, let's face it. But the military radars in these countries, they must have spotted it. They have recorded data," the former Lafarge manager, who was living in Beijing with his family at the time, is convinced.

The only data available are from the British satellite communications company, Inmarsat.

They reportedly recorded seven contacts with the aircraft following its disappearance. It was mainly from these data - which the families of the victims were unable to obtain - that the investigators deduced the aircraft's trajectory: first southwest and then southward to the Indian Ocean for six hours, with no one at the controls. "A ridiculous theory. I can't believe it," says Ghyslain Wattrelos.

After much investigation, this mining engineer became an "aeronautical expert". He cannot imagine for a second that the countries whose airspace would have been crossed by the MH 370, agreed not to reveal anything. His hypothesis is therefore that "the plane fell into the water" long before. Accidentally hit during a military manoeuvre?" There were some in the area." Shot down after being hijacked, causing fear of an 11-September attack?

Ghyslain Wattrelos has only one certainty: some countries have information and do not disclose it.
Notably Great Britain (via Inmarsat) and the United States; the FBI having appraised the captain's computer." I'd like France to put pressure on these countries." He raged that the French authorities had "lied" to him. Received, in particular, by François Hollande, he only got one answer:"We don't know anything."

However, in 2017,"it was known through Australian agencies that France had given them photographs showing floating objects on the Indian Ocean, taken on 23 March 2014 by a French military satellite." Is it debris from the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777?

Investigations, initiated by a private company, are currently underway in the Indian Ocean. The official searches did not reveal any trace of the Boeing 777.

Almost four years after the drama, Ghyslain Wattrelos is still searching for answers. He also took up the thread of his life. "It will never be the same life as before. But it goes on. Sometimes, simply, in a glance, a gift..." After leaving Lafarge, he took a training course at the Institut des hautes études de la défense nationale and is looking for a job.

BBM

:rose:

:(
And still no answers for the families.

It is desperately sad for them and I don't believe they will ever get them. I still wonder if the governments of nations involved and the military of those nations know things that we don't about the tragedy which are being kept secret from the families and public.

The fourth anniversary wasn't covered much in the media here.

May the 239 victims Rest In Peace.

FLIGHT MH370: THE LIFE WITHOUT ANSWERS OF GHYSLAIN WATTRELOS

Ouest France
https://www.ouest-france.fr/faits-d...e-sans-reponses-de-ghyslain-wattrelos-5610430

Four years ago today, the Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines disappeared. On board were 239 people, including the wife and two of the three children of Ghyslain Wattrelos. He recounts his fight and his interrogations in a book published a few days ago.

Would the radars from Thailand, Malaysia, China, Vietnam really have not recorded any signals from Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370, that disappeared on 8 March 2014? Ghyslain Wattrelos doesn't believe it. His wife Laurence, 52, and children Hadrien, 17, and Ambre, 13, were on board, together with his son's Franco-Chinese girlfriend, Yan Zao. 239 passengers and flight attendants were in this Boeing 777 from Kuala Lumpur at 0041 hours for Beijing, where they were scheduled to arrive at 0630 hours. A final radio message took place between the pilots and Malaysian controllers at 0119. Then nothing... The aircraft's two communication systems, the transponder and the Acars, were disabled.

"The civilian radars lost track of the plane, let's face it. But the military radars in these countries, they must have spotted it. They have recorded data," the former Lafarge manager, who was living in Beijing with his family at the time, is convinced.

The only data available are from the British satellite communications company, Inmarsat.

They reportedly recorded seven contacts with the aircraft following its disappearance. It was mainly from these data - which the families of the victims were unable to obtain - that the investigators deduced the aircraft's trajectory: first southwest and then southward to the Indian Ocean for six hours, with no one at the controls. "A ridiculous theory. I can't believe it," says Ghyslain Wattrelos.

After much investigation, this mining engineer became an "aeronautical expert". He cannot imagine for a second that the countries whose airspace would have been crossed by the MH 370, agreed not to reveal anything. His hypothesis is therefore that "the plane fell into the water" long before. Accidentally hit during a military manoeuvre?" There were some in the area." Shot down after being hijacked, causing fear of an 11-September attack?

Ghyslain Wattrelos has only one certainty: some countries have information and do not disclose it.
Notably Great Britain (via Inmarsat) and the United States; the FBI having appraised the captain's computer." I'd like France to put pressure on these countries." He raged that the French authorities had "lied" to him. Received, in particular, by François Hollande, he only got one answer:"We don't know anything."

However, in 2017,"it was known through Australian agencies that France had given them photographs showing floating objects on the Indian Ocean, taken on 23 March 2014 by a French military satellite." Is it debris from the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777?

Investigations, initiated by a private company, are currently underway in the Indian Ocean. The official searches did not reveal any trace of the Boeing 777.

Almost four years after the drama, Ghyslain Wattrelos is still searching for answers. He also took up the thread of his life. "It will never be the same life as before. But it goes on. Sometimes, simply, in a glance, a gift..." After leaving Lafarge, he took a training course at the Institut des hautes études de la défense nationale and is looking for a job.

BBM

:rose:

I've always said the same thing about radar in other countries. I agree there was military in the water but I don't agree the plane was shot down. There would have been lots of debris floating, landing on beaches. I believe it's still semi intact below. The plane should have floated for a while from what I remember reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop