Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I found the development quite odd, and worrying,” he said. “If this silence and becoming invisible was intentional, to ward off suspicion, a satisfactory explanation is due. If it was for other reasons, then in the interests of transparency, we ought to be told what caused it.

“There are no journalists and no family members on board the search ship. I wish there were some ... We watch on in good faith. I hope ongoing official disclosure is of such a high order that there is little room for speculation, controversy or a whiff of conspiracy.”

During the three-day data blackout conspiracy theories spread online, including one that Seabed Constructor had taken a detour to recover sunken treasure from the nearby wreck of the SV Inca, a Peruvian ship that sunk in 1911 while en route to Sydney.

Kevin Rupp, a precision machinist who has been publicly tracking Seabed Constructor, said that was highly unlikely.

“I have nothing polite to say about those who are spreading rumours that Seabed Constructor was really on a treasure hunt,” he said.

He said all speculation was simply guesswork, and the tracker may have been turned off to prevent unnecessary distress to the victim’s families. “If the ship detected possible contacts [with MH370] its most likely action would be to move to the spot of the detections and lower an ROV – a tethered remote-controlled small vehicle,” he said.

“To do this, Seabed Constructor would have to sit still in one place for a long period of time and this would be very noticeable to those of us watching through our AIS tracking apps ... I believe they may have turned the AIS transmitter to low power mode to prevent us from speculating that they had found something and causing undue distress for the next of kin.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/06/mh370-search-ship-disappears-for-three-days

In that article
With all due respect to KR he is speculating too in the article. LOL

I agree with KS in that article that there should be an explanation given and hopefully no more blackouts of location signals.

In that article
With all due respect to KR he is speculating too in the article. LOL

I agree with KS in that article that there should be an explanation given and hopefully no more blackouts of location signals.

I found an article

THERE was no treasure chest, no Black Pearl, no Jack Sparrow and no MH370 - yet.

What there was were two geological formations that had been identified as points of interest.

The Ocean Infinity-leased Seabed Constructor, the high-tech vessel searching for MH370, had returned to revisit those points of interest discovered on its first sweep and turned off its satellite tracking system so as not to give the relatives false hopes.

The idea was to try and prevent wild speculation it had found the plane.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/travel/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They are coming in to resupply? That seems odd. They weren't out there very long. And since the clock is ticking on them, wouldn't it make sense to have supplies brought out to them instead of taking time off of station?

I thought everyone else knew something I didn't, this makes zero sense to me.

That is what I cannot understand either.

With such a limited time they have to find the plane according to the contract and with capabilities to stay out in deep water for very long periods of time it does not make sense to me that they would need to come back to "resupply".

Ive been trying to read through the FB posts and I cant tell how they think it is a normal scheduled stop to come all the way back for this resupply. That is what it sounded like but I cant tell if that is just others making an assumption that it was scheduled or if that was known before they started searching.

It doesnt make any sense to me at all.

https://www.facebook.com/MH370NewsandInfo/

We can refuel PLANES in midair... but we can't refuel and restock this thing in the water? I mean I guess it's possible there is some actual reason it isn't possible.... but what a waste.

12 DAYS WASTED. 4 on the way in, 4 in port and 4 on the way out. Seriously? They will spend half the search going back and forth. I don't understand how this was the plan. If it was then the search should be double or triple the length to accommodate the travel times.

Welcome. I think most of us wondered if they found something!

It looks like Kevin Rupp's speculation was correct that they were trying not to distress the families.

It appears they refueled, re-provisioned AND changed the crew.
I still don't understand how that can't be done on the water.
Why they can't just bring another ship out and switch them?
Or bring out another ship to refuel/stock/switch crew.
I would feel better if the reason was explained.

My curiosity got to me and I asked Kevin Rupp WHY they have to do it this way!
Here is his response (shared with permission) for the others that were wondering.

"The primary reason for the port call is a mandatory crew change. Being stuck on a ship like that for 6 weeks at sea is tough. Crew changes are mandated.

Transferring fuel at sea is dangerous and requires very special equipment to accomplish in a rolling sea. Any spill, no matter how small, has to be reported. The military does transfer at sea, but practices a lot and has the equipment."

As far as why they don't just have two ships swap out to search continuously, it appears it's likely a cost issue.

"The ships and equipment are very expensive. Each AUV is millions of dollars, and they have 8. Filling the fuel tank cost about $750,000 US dollars. And remember, Ocean Infinity is not being paid for this unless they find the aircraft."

I definitely see the logic in it... but losing that much search time would drive me nuts. It's just so inefficient. I guess it's the best option though. I just hope they have enough time to actually find it. :gaah:

Here is his response (shared with permission) for the others that were wondering.

"The primary reason for the port call is a mandatory crew change. Being stuck on a ship like that for 6 weeks at sea is tough. Crew changes are mandated.

Transferring fuel at sea is dangerous and requires very special equipment to accomplish in a rolling sea. Any spill, no matter how small, has to be reported. The military does transfer at sea, but practices a lot and has the equipment."

As far as why they don't just have two ships swap out to search continuously, it appears it's likely a cost issue.

"The ships and equipment are very expensive. Each AUV is millions of dollars, and they have 8. Filling the fuel tank cost about $750,000 US dollars. And remember, Ocean Infinity is not being paid for this unless they find the aircraft."

I definitely see the logic in it... but losing that much search time would drive me nuts. It's just so inefficient. I guess it's the best option though. I just hope they have enough time to actually find it. :gaah:

Time has already passed IMO. That’s a damn big, deep ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for finding out this information for us. I was very curious about all that too.

Time has already passed IMO. That’s a damn big, deep ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. It would just be hard for me to leave for 12 days when I could be searching. Guess that's why I'm not in this line of work. I'd probably blow all the money having a second identical ship with identical equipment and provisions come out and swap instead of not searching. Then I probably wouldn't find the plane anyway so I'd be out the money.

Kevin's FB reported that the ship is back on its way with some 35 hours to go to get to the search site.

I would like to think that they lowered the AUVs during the stop so they could track on the way back to the search area. If they would do that coming and going using a different route each time, it wouldn't seem like a waste of time.

So, the search if back on. How long can they stay on station now? What are the specific dates/deadlines for the pay structure that they have to meet?

Isn't it interesting how this story isn't even remotely on the media and public's radar anymore? Personally I find it gripping. But with so much else going on in the world, it has sure slipped attention.

At this rate, this plane will never be found :(
It's going to be 4 years next month.

I hate saying this but it will be a miracle if the plane is found. I truly hope I’m wrong but it is just not probable after so much time has past. Any hope died for me when it was revealed they have no idea where the plane crashed and the locator on the black boxes died. I’m sorry for being so negative about the situation.

I hate saying this but it will be a miracle if the plane is found. I truly hope I’m wrong but it is just not probable after so much time has past. Any hope died for me when it was revealed they have no idea where the plane crashed and the locator on the black boxes died. I’m sorry for being so negative about the situation.

Its ok because a lot of us feel that way deep down. We keep hoping but the reality is that it will be a miracle if its found. The ocean is just so vast.

Im hoping they came with updated charts and estimates that will put them on target.

I'm with you.
Too much time was lost searching in the wrong area(s).
Then the black box beacons died and the plane could no longer be tracked that way.
Just too many things went wrong/didn't go as quickly as they should have and now the plane will more than likely never be found.

IMO

The jet might have landed on an island somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20