Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Same here. But I'm still not sold on it being the pilot.
IMO, it was either the copilot or a hijacker.

I would go with either the co-pilot or the pilot.

One documentary that I saw stated that the totality of the systems shut downs (including back up systems) and course deviations indicates that an individual with very deep knowledge of the flight systems performed them.

This level of knowledge apparently cannot be obtained from even sophisticated consumer level flight simulation games. Rather, it indicated somebody who had extensively trained on the actual aircraft (and also consulted a maintenance manual for a fuse schematic diagram in advance) took over the plane. Though this does not rule out a hijacker, it seems to lessen the chances.

I would go with either the co-pilot or the pilot.

One documentary that I saw stated that the totality of the systems shut downs (including back up systems) and course deviations indicates that an individual with very deep knowledge of the flight systems performed them.

This level of knowledge apparently cannot be obtained from even sophisticated consumer level flight simulation games. Rather, it indicated somebody who had extensively trained on the actual aircraft (and also consulted a maintenance manual for a fuse schematic diagram in advance) took over the plane. Though this does not rule out a hijacker, it seems to lessen the chances.

Well hijackers can’t even get into the cockpit. Though cabin crew can have access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well hijackers can’t even get into the cockpit. Though cabin crew can have access
Good point. Another very good reason to suspect one of the flight crew. All, in all, I think everything points to the crew given the locked cockpit and the deep knowledge of the flight systems.

One documentary said that a back up beacon system that could be used to later track the plane needed to be disconnected at a fuse box in the rear of the plane. Not even flight crew are regularly trained on how to do this. Rather, somebody looked it up in a maintenance manual.

I still think hijacker forced their way in when one went to the bathroom. Still think there was a fire.

Glad the new search is on. I'm hopeful they will find some wreckage.

Malaysia Airlines flight shakes violently, forced to land

SYDNEY — Passengers on a Malaysia Airlines plane flying from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur which was forced to land in the central Australian city of Alice Springs said they were bracing themselves for a possible hard landing after the plane shook violently on Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...908ffc-fc5e-11e7-9b5d-bbf0da31214d_story.html

WHERE IS MH370? SEARCH SET TO RESUME ONE YEAR AFTER GOVERNMENT CALLED OFF INVESTIGATION

The search for Malaysian Airlines aircraft MH370 is back on, nearly four years after it first went missing in March 2014, and one year after Malaysian officials called off the underwater search for the plane.

This month, a Texas-based oceanic exploration company will set out to crack one of aviation’s greatest unsolved mysteries, launching a new search in the southern Indian Ocean. Additionally, a Norwegian research vessel is scheduled to arrive in the search area by this weekend to pick up a new search effort in a nearly 10,000-square-mile area, according to the New Straits Times.

The U.S. company, Ocean Infinity, will look for fragments that belonged to Flight MH370, which disappeared with 239 people on board while traveling from Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital, to Beijing, China. Nearly four years later, the aircraft remains missing, and no one knows why it disappeared in the first place.

http://www.newsweek.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-investigation-resumed-785110?yptr=yahoo

MH370: Blaine Gibson believes new search will deliver answers in Malaysia Airlines plane mystery

"The original theory to explain away Malaysia 370 forever was the 'pilot suicide controlled glide ditching theory' — that somehow the pilot decided that he was going to kill everybody on the plane, ditch the plane, sink it intact and create a big mystery," he said.

"I can say categorically, absolutely, that did not happen. That theory is simply disproven by the evidence: one, we know that the main cabin, the fuselage is not intact under water. It shattered on impact.

"Also, the wing flap … was retracted. It was not deployed. It has been examined by Boeing, examined by the ATSB, and they have concluded that it was in a retracted mid-flight position, not in a landing position.

"So there was no controlled glide, intact ditching. That did not happen."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-...fident-in-renewed-search-off-wa-coast/9346068

I don't quite follow. The pilot suicides I can think of were often nose dives. The only controlled water landings I know of were mechanical issues and exceptional pilots.

I guess I can see the argument for why a person might want to land the plane intact and sink it. However, the odds or actually pulling off a water landing in the ocean are astronomical. Then you have to worry about people evacuating the plane and all of that, unless you decompressed the back before you went down.

I don't think we can definitively say what the plan was.... (assuming there was a plan) just that it did not make a successful water landing. Maybe that's what he's saying and I'm just not understanding.

I just don't think the debris prove it wasn't pilot suicide. It just appears to prove it was not a successful water ditching. :thinking:

MH370: Blaine Gibson believes new search will deliver answers in Malaysia Airlines plane mystery

"The original theory to explain away Malaysia 370 forever was the 'pilot suicide controlled glide ditching theory' — that somehow the pilot decided that he was going to kill everybody on the plane, ditch the plane, sink it intact and create a big mystery," he said.

"I can say categorically, absolutely, that did not happen. That theory is simply disproven by the evidence: one, we know that the main cabin, the fuselage is not intact under water. It shattered on impact.

"Also, the wing flap … was retracted. It was not deployed. It has been examined by Boeing, examined by the ATSB, and they have concluded that it was in a retracted mid-flight position, not in a landing position.

"So there was no controlled glide, intact ditching. That did not happen."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-...fident-in-renewed-search-off-wa-coast/9346068

I don't quite follow. The pilot suicides I can think of were often nose dives. The only controlled water landings I know of were mechanical issues and exceptional pilots.

I guess I can see the argument for why a person might want to land the plane intact and sink it. However, the odds or actually pulling off a water landing in the ocean are astronomical. Then you have to worry about people evacuating the plane and all of that, unless you decompressed the back before you went down.

I don't think we can definitively say what the plan was.... (assuming there was a plan) just that it did not make a successful water landing. Maybe that's what he's saying and I'm just not understanding.

I just don't think the debris prove it wasn't pilot suicide. It just appears to prove it was not a successful water ditching. :thinking:

I wonder what 20 pieces were found. From what I remember we haven't seen all 20, maybe half of that.

Expert in the field said this is no mystery.
He said it was a suicide mission and believes the plane lies at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Expert in the field said this is no mystery.
He said it was a suicide mission and believes the plane lies at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Yes but there have been pieces found that show it's not intact at the bottom.
That's the point of the new search, is to find more pieces.
Nobody expects to find it at the bottom of the ocean.

The Seabed Constructor vessel is on site and search will begin on Wednesday. I can't remember if their Wednesday is our Tuesday which would be tomorrow? Apparently, testing had already been performed on the way to the site.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/vessel-on-site-for-new-mh370-search#gs.X46DqEw

http://abcnews.go.com/International/texas-based-company-latest-hope-recovery-mh370/story?id=52367973

I'm awful at geography. It is definitely AHEAD of the USA.
Madagascar is 11 hours ahead of Pacific Time here.
Australia is 15-19 hours ahead.

So I'm guessing if they are searching the ocean in between that we are looking at about 12-14 hours ahead of Pacific Time?
Or maybe that makes too much sense to be how it actually works. :thinking:

Either way, the search should start Tuesday night for us. Which is Wednesday morning for them.
I am so anxious. I so hope they find something.
90 days.... so we will have answers (or not) around the anniversary of the disappearance.

I'm awful at geography. It is definitely AHEAD of the USA.
Madagascar is 11 hours ahead of Pacific Time here.
Australia is 15-19 hours ahead.

So I'm guessing if they are searching the ocean in between that we are looking at about 12-14 hours ahead of Pacific Time?
Or maybe that makes too much sense to be how it actually works. :thinking:

Either way, the search should start Tuesday night for us. Which is Wednesday morning for them.
I am so anxious. I so hope they find something.
90 days.... so we will have answers (or not) around the anniversary of the disappearance.

I believe you could be right on the time zones.
I sure hope they find something too!
It's hard to believe in another week January will be over.

'Seabed Constructor' begins search for MH370

PETALING JAYA: The vessel Seabed Constructor has begun the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, said Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman.

In a statement on Tuesday (Jan 23), the Department of Civil Aviation director-general shared that the vessel had arrived at the search area in the southern Indian Ocean.

According to Azharuddin, who is also head of the MH370 Response Team, the vessel commenced the search operation with the first Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) launched at 12.55am local time (2.55am Malaysian time) on Monday (Jan 22) and subsequently the remaining AUVs.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...begins-search-for-mh370/ar-AAv4A7k?li=BBr8Cnr

Sydney (AFP) - After years of futile efforts, a fresh hunt for MH370 has set off for the remote Indian Ocean -- and the top Australian scientist who helped pinpoint the new search zone is hopeful the missing jet can be found within weeks.

Armed with oceanographic analyses and a high-tech search vessel, the latest search for the Boeing 777, which vanished in March 2014 carrying 239 people, kicked off on Monday run by private exploration firm Ocean Infinity, in the hope of solving one of aviation's most enduring mysteries.

------------------------------------

"We're hopeful that they (Ocean Infinity) could find the aircraft within the first month of the search," oceanographer David Griffin of CSIRO, Australia's leading national agency for scientific research, told AFP.

"Malaysia has given them three months to complete the search. So we're into the first week now. We could hear something from them in the next couple of weeks," said Griffin, who met with the Ocean Infinity team in London last month.

- No find, no fee -

Ocean Infinity has a huge incentive to find the plane. As part of the deal, the private team will only be paid if they find the jet or its black boxes, with up to US$70 million on offer if they are successful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/expert-behind-mh370-search-hopeful-within-month-053322521.html

Sydney (AFP) - After years of futile efforts, a fresh hunt for MH370 has set off for the remote Indian Ocean -- and the top Australian scientist who helped pinpoint the new search zone is hopeful the missing jet can be found within weeks.

Armed with oceanographic analyses and a high-tech search vessel, the latest search for the Boeing 777, which vanished in March 2014 carrying 239 people, kicked off on Monday run by private exploration firm Ocean Infinity, in the hope of solving one of aviation's most enduring mysteries.

"We're hopeful that they (Ocean Infinity) could find the aircraft within the first month of the search," oceanographer David Griffin of CSIRO, Australia's leading national agency for scientific research, told AFP.

"Malaysia has given them three months to complete the search. So we're into the first week now. We could hear something from them in the next couple of weeks," said Griffin, who met with the Ocean Infinity team in London last month.

- No find, no fee -

Ocean Infinity has a huge incentive to find the plane. As part of the deal, the private team will only be paid if they find the jet or its black boxes, with up to US$70 million on offer if they are successful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/expert-behind-mh370-search-hopeful-within-month-053322521.html

From your 2nd article -

The refined search zone also fitted in with four French satellite images taken two weeks after the crash that showed at least 70 identifiable objects floating close by.

Although analyses of the satellite imagery did not conclusively identify the objects as coming from MH370, Griffin said it showed an unusually high number of large pieces of floating debris.

"We saw all these large white objects, some of them 60 square metres... right at the location where you would expect them to be if the aircraft had crashed at 35.6S 92.8E," he said.

60 square meters is 645.835 Square Feet
MH 370 was a Boeing 777-200ER - Length 63.7 m (209 ft 1 in)
Wingspan 64.8 m (212 ft 7 in)
Height 18.6 m (61 ft 1 in)

'Seabed Constructor' begins search for MH370

PETALING JAYA: The vessel Seabed Constructor has begun the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, said Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman.

In a statement on Tuesday (Jan 23), the Department of Civil Aviation director-general shared that the vessel had arrived at the search area in the southern Indian Ocean.

According to Azharuddin, who is also head of the MH370 Response Team, the vessel commenced the search operation with the first Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) launched at 12.55am local time (2.55am Malaysian time) on Monday (Jan 22) and subsequently the remaining AUVs.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...begins-search-for-mh370/ar-AAv4A7k?li=BBr8Cnr

- No find, no fee -

In my opinion it would be better if they just said we are looking for the plane and we are optimistic. Claiming it will be found within a month is not helpful and unrealistic for the families. Nobody knows when or even if the plane will be found after such a long time.

I haven't seen many places updating regularly. Twitter is but that's always iffy.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mh370?f=tweets&vertical=news

This is a page specifically for MH370 search updates. No conspiracy theories.

https://www.facebook.com/MH370NewsandInfo/

They've posted information on all of the equipment being used and everything.
They are posting pictures every couple of hours of the path the boat is taking in it's search.
You are encouraged by Kevin to share information from here but please do link where you got it from. :wave:

I havent heard anything so I am assuming there just is nothing to report yet. I have high hopes and really salute these guys for their effort and confidence. But I am skeptical that they will find anything. I hope I am wrong.

I haven't seen many places updating regularly. Twitter is but that's always iffy.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mh370?f=tweets&vertical=news

This is a page specifically for MH370 search updates. No conspiracy theories.

https://www.facebook.com/MH370NewsandInfo/

They've posted information on all of the equipment being used and everything.
They are posting pictures every couple of hours of the path the boat is taking in it's search.
You are encouraged by Kevin to share information from here but please do link where you got it from. :wave:

I'm not into Twitter so I can't comment on it, but the Facebook link is great.
It's fascinating to see the path the boat is taking in its search. I'm glad they are keeping it updated so we will not be in the dark wondering about how they are doing.

The Facebook site also provided a link to Bryan's Dropbox where apparently he will provide the Malaysia weekly update. This update is kind of like the ATSB updates were and is easy to read with colorful diagrams. I will try to bring info from the weekly updates into this thread like I did before.
The first one will be my next post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijwg6qvhhvh90p6/MH370 Search Weekly Report 1.pdf?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members