Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Fresh updates on the hunt for the inexplicably missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 indicate the plane may have been ditched in an ocean grave after the pilot flew it to the end.

Australian authorities failed to locate the jet following several years of combing the sea for debris and finally called off the futile search in January.

But the families of lost passengers were thrown a lifeline in October when US-based company Ocean Infinity offered to takeover the search for free - and now investigators claim the pilot likely flew the aircraft to the end and ditched it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...MH370-likely-ditched-plane.html#ixzz51LLNSpA3

Those poor passengers had to realize something was very wrong. If I remember right they were supposed to be flying mostly over land except for that smaller area of water.

As time went on during the flight and if they could see down through the clouds then they would have seen nothing but water. The length of time of the flight alone would be enough to know something was very wrong.

It seems there should be an emergency way to enter the cockpit during extreme emergencies. We are not sure if they tried to breach the cabin or not. We are also not sure of their condition as the pilot could have taken steps to make them all go unconciousce too. Its probably why people still want to find the plane to learn more about how things actually happened on board that plane.

Good luck to the next searches. There was some debri we know washed up so hopefully they have a better idea where to search based on the debri. If I remember right they found debri on a South America coastline or was it Africa? Didnt they also find more debri to the East I believe on some island I believe? Hopefully that will help the searchers focus their searching.

Hatfield, its been a while since I looked at this thread. Its interesting to see the search will begin again. If I remember correctly, just after the last radio message, and somewhere around the time the transponder was switched off, the plane ascended to well over 40,000 feet, well beyond normal flight paths. I believe this was done intentionally by whoever was flying the plan, and the oxygen was vented out of the plane to kill the passengers or at least incapacitate them. I would be interested in hearing from a commercial pilot whether it is possible to vent the air out of the cabin during flight. But I think this must have happened because the passengers would have soon realized something was very wrong. I find it hard to believe they would not have been able to establish contact with the ground during this time. But even more so, even though the cockpit doors are now armored and secure, I find it hard to believe passengers would not have been able to enter the cockpit after 7 hours of trying. I do believe the most likely scenario is that the Captain did this on his own and flew the plane to the south Indian Ocean on a horrific suicide mission for reasons we will never fully understand. If the plane is found, will it provide any clues to the mystery? I don't know. But it certainly is worth the effort to try and at least provide some closure.

Hatfield, its been a while since I looked at this thread. Its interesting to see the search will begin again. If I remember correctly, just after the last radio message, and somewhere around the time the transponder was switched off, the plane ascended to well over 40,000 feet, well beyond normal flight paths. I believe this was done intentionally by whoever was flying the plan, and the oxygen was vented out of the plane to kill the passengers or at least incapacitate them. I would be interested in hearing from a commercial pilot whether it is possible to vent the air out of the cabin during flight. But I think this must have happened because the passengers would have soon realized something was very wrong. I find it hard to believe they would not have been able to establish contact with the ground during this time. But even more so, even though the cockpit doors are now armored and secure, I find it hard to believe passengers would not have been able to enter the cockpit after 7 hours of trying. I do believe the most likely scenario is that the Captain did this on his own and flew the plane to the south Indian Ocean on a horrific suicide mission for reasons we will never fully understand. If the plane is found, will it provide any clues to the mystery? I don't know. But it certainly is worth the effort to try and at least provide some closure.

The First Officer could’ve flown the plane as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The First Officer certainly could have flown the plane, you are absolutely correct. But in looking at the two men, I just got the feeling it was far more likely to have been the Captain.

Thanks for the extra information PrarieWind.

I had forgotten about the altitude increase and I agree with you that he probably did that to try to incapacitate the passengers.

Maybe what he did was somehow release all the cabin pressure and maybe he was able to turn off the oxygen masks and prevent them from dropping down. The thin air up at that altitude without oxygen would likely make people pass out. Like climbing 2 Mount Everest mountains on top of one another. And most of us have seen where mount everest climbers will typically use extra oxygen when climbing at that altitude.

Whatever he did I am guessing he was on a suicide mission and decided to kill a bunch of people along with him. I remember the rumors about him having problems with his wife and making a cell phone call to her shortly before takeoff. Not sure if those rumors were true or not but something one of the pilots did sure seemed intentional to me.

“A high-tech vessel run by a US exploration firm is en route to resume the hunt for flight MH370 in a new bid to solve one of aviation's greatest mysteries.

The Malaysia Airlines jet disappeared with 239 people on board in March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing after diverting from its flight path.

No sign of the plane was found in a 120,000 square kilometre zone selected by satellite analysis of the jet's likely trajectory and the Australian-led hunt - the largest in aviation history - was called off in January last year.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-route-resume-hunt-MH370.html#ixzz5397VVHml

I always wanted to know what the last phone calls/texts from passengers to family/friends were.......
Like, "Why are we turning ?", or, "Are you getting my call or text...?" Something like that. What was the last communication , and NOT from the cockpit ?

Just gleaning clues.
Considering the amount of passengers on the plane-- not all of them would have gone to sleep or just napped for the flight.
I'm a light sleeper and have never been able to sleep on a plane, even for a long flight.

Some people never stop texting to friends or whomever.

So little info about what -- if any -- last communications outside of official statements about the handover when they were about to enter Vietnam airspace.

I always wanted to know what the last phone calls/texts from passengers to family/friends were.......
Like, "Why are we turning ?", or, "Are you getting my call or text...?" Something like that. What was the last communication , and NOT from the cockpit ?

Just gleaning clues.
Considering the amount of passengers on the plane-- not all of them would have gone to sleep or just napped for the flight.
I'm a light sleeper and have never been able to sleep on a plane, even for a long flight.

Some people never stop texting to friends or whomever.

So little info about what -- if any -- last communications outside of official statements about the handover when they were about to enter Vietnam airspace.

They would have only been able to use their phones if there was WiFi on the plane, right?

They would have only been able to use their phones if there was WiFi on the plane, right?

Probably. From some news reports I gathered that it was a newer plane and assumed there'd be WiFi.

Also wondering if any of the surviving family/relatives received any photos form the passengers via phone -- you know, like "Hey, look at my selfie", or "Here's what we're being served for dinner".
Anything that could give a hint as to when the last communication was had.

Yes, wifi would have been the only option to text and telephone calls wouldn't go through really in flight. But do planes still have Airphones? used to be in the seats. And I believe flight attendants have ability to contact the company. But again, the pilot, or whoever, could very well have disabled wifi and any other communication equipment.

Probably. From some news reports I gathered that it was a newer plane and assumed there'd be WiFi.

Also wondering if any of the surviving family/relatives received any photos form the passengers via phone -- you know, like "Hey, look at my selfie", or "Here's what we're being served for dinner".
Anything that could give a hint as to when the last communication was had.

Malaysia airlines is a low cost airline with basic facilities. MH370 did not have WiFi. Nor did the plane have the facility for passengers to make calls. It didn’t have the most up to date communications in the cockpit either for the plane to provide important information to Malaysia Airlines headquarters.

Search back on for missing flight MH370

The Malaysian Government has enlisted US seabed exploration company Ocean Infinity, which chartered Norwegian ship Seabed Constructor, due to arrive in Perth on February 7 after it set sail from Port Durban on Tuesday.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/search-back-on-for-missing-flight-mh370

Amazing!! It is unbelievable to think this plane has been missing since before my 2 and a half year old son was even conceived. It's just wrong that it's even possible for that to happen in 2014-2018.

If anyone can find debris, Blaine Gibson can.
He has shown his passion for searching all along the African coast and surely will continue to do so on the Australian coast.

So glad that someone has continued to search. The poor families... losing the member would be bad enough but to never have the closure would be torture.

Blaine Gibson, a U.S. lawyer from Seattle, is spearheading a self-funded hunt for the missing plane in an exhaustive search that has taken him from the Maldives to Mauritius and Myanmar.
"I've been very involved in the search for Malaysia 370, just out of personal interest and in a private group -- not in a for-profit way or journalistic way," Gibson told CNN in March.

Is he still actively practicing law? I feel bad for his clients if he is. This is probably taking most of his time and attention. Good lawyers are great are focusing in on an issue or a case. However, that can certainly be unpleasant when it isn't YOUR case they are focused on.

Those poor passengers had to realize something was very wrong. If I remember right they were supposed to be flying mostly over land except for that smaller area of water.

As time went on during the flight and if they could see down through the clouds then they would have seen nothing but water. The length of time of the flight alone would be enough to know something was very wrong.

It seems there should be an emergency way to enter the cockpit during extreme emergencies. We are not sure if they tried to breach the cabin or not. We are also not sure of their condition as the pilot could have taken steps to make them all go unconciousce too. Its probably why people still want to find the plane to learn more about how things actually happened on board that plane.

Good luck to the next searches. There was some debri we know washed up so hopefully they have a better idea where to search based on the debri. If I remember right they found debri on a South America coastline or was it Africa? Didnt they also find more debri to the East I believe on some island I believe? Hopefully that will help the searchers focus their searching.

I hope that the plane depressurized. Simply because that would be a relatively easy way to go. Like Helios, where they simply forgot to pressurize. Awful for the one person who lived up until the last few minutes, but rather peaceful for the rest. If they lost pressure and then just auto pilot until they ran out of fuel, like Helios. That would be best case scenario. Of course I know it's not the likely explanation. Just hoping they didn't suffer.

In just a few short months, it will be 4 years since MH370 disappeared :(

I know it’s a terrible tragedy the victims families must be suffering greatly with no end in sight. I’m really glad they are still searching for the plane but I am not optimistic they will find it, it just seems like an impossible task. I hope and pray I’m wrong.

I know it’s a terrible tragedy the victims families must be suffering greatly with no end in sight. I’m really glad they are still searching for the plane but I am not optimistic they will find it, it just seems like an impossible task. I hope and pray I’m wrong.

It really is like looking for a needle in a haystack. But actually not even close to that easy. The mathematical predictions of where the plane should have been and should have come down are just not very accurate and are based up on what appears to be good information, but actually takes into account a lot of assumptions. Even assuming the plane proceeded on the southerly portion of the arc into the south Indian Ocean (which I believe it probably did) it still leaves an enormous area to search. And that huge search area is incredibly deep and has perpetually terrible weather. It would be hard to find a more difficult place on earth to look for a plane. And maybe that is why whomever did this chose that area to crash the plane. I think eventually the plane will be found, but it maybe take a long long long time.

A whole swarm of HUGINs!
This link provides so much info on the new ship Seabed Constructor and its eight submarines called HUGIN and how they work that I wanted to quote the whole article but we can't do that. It also includes the search area they plan to start with. They will do a test search which is described before arriving on January 17th to start the real search.

https://www.economist.com/news/scie...ones-will-scour-depths-plane-fantastical-ship

Found a good article about this. Personal Cell phones can work right from the plane but the plane would have to be low enough and close enough to a tower for it to work.

"Despite the urgings of flight crews to turn off all phones or put them in airplane mode, cell phones can continue to work after a plane takes off, but only while in range of a cellular tower."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/14/tech/mobile/phones-in-flight/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member