Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
although i dismiss a connection to mh370, kate's thread re-opened a few days ago on CF, if anyone is interested.

My opinions only, no facts here:

The mystery object superficially resembles a single-squib fire bottle (used in aircraft cargo compartments) to which the pressure gauge has not been attached. It would have to be incompletely-assembled. However, I have not been able to find a commercial aircraft fire bottle that perfectly resembles it.

The object was never dispelled. As near as I can tell, it was never officially identified.

The mystery object does not fit into contemporary theories about the destination of MH-370, so it has been ignored by all but Maldives Finest newspaper who tried to get the local military to release official information (to no success by my knowlege).

Maybe it is part of a rebreather system and not a fire bottle. But that is not the real issue. The real issue is that, if this object was almost completely ignored by authorities investigating the disappearance of MH-370, what other flotsam has been likewise ignored?

BBM.
You are correct. The object was never identified as being from the plane or not.
IMO, it was. I still feel the plane is near the Maldives area.
I have for a while, now.

If a plane broke apart to the point where a fire suppression bottle that was bolted to the frame deep inside the plane then washed up on a beach in the Maldives, where is the rest of the debris? Surely more than one fire suppression bottle would be found? I would think that suitcases, flotation cushions, people, metal, food trays, other items, would have been found washed up or spotted floating in the waters nearby.

BBM.
You are correct. The object was never identified as being from the plane or not.
IMO, it was. I still feel the plane is near the Maldives area.
I have for a while, now.

The strongest theoretical arguments are made for the southern route (to the southern Indian Ocean). However, many still prefer a northern route into Asia. Even a stationary plane (at least for the last four or five pings) should be considered (I have previously discussed this). But how about the possibility of a simple western route towards the Maldives? If the Inmarsat ping theory favors a southern route over a northern route, would not a western route be a reasonable compromise between these theoretical extremes? After all, once the radar transponder quit working, MH-370 headed generally west. The leap-of-faith is the Inmarsat ping theory that ultimately forced MH-370 to make the turn south from its prior western route, to the middle of nowhere.

There is always a first time for everything. Having admitted that, do terrorists seek anonymity and secrecy for their deeds? For what purpose would some terrorist organization carefully plan a hijacking, open-ocean crash, and then cover it up? Switching subjects, let's look at previous possibly suicidal cockpit members who likely did not possess a religious/political motive. Egypt Air 990, Silk Air Flight 185, LAM Flight 470. These flights were crashed as quickly as reasonably possible. None of these planes were flown until out-of-fuel in an uncharted wilderness.

Motive, means, and opportunity. I still have trouble fitting any of these three parameters to the disappearance of MH-370.

On duncansteel.com the scientists have been talking about fire from lithium batteries again.

Among other things, they pointed out an air incident that occurred when a spare battery from a passenger’s electronic device slipped down between the seat cushions and was crushed/damaged by the seat mechanism. It started a fire. Turning off electrical systems when dealing with a fire onboard is recommended.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, considering all the lithium batteries the plane was carrying.

Turning off the video system electrical power supply before any other action was an effective protection against the risks associated with the many items of equipment installed in the seats.

In the United States, the FAA recommends a slightly different procedure: it suggests turning off the electrical power supply, putting out the flames with halon or water, then cooling the device in order to stop internal reactions.

No procedure has been universally established to contain this type of fire in the cabin or the cockpit.

http://www.bea.aero//docspa/2010/f-pk101208.en/pdf/f-pk101208.en.pdf

I'm new at this thread but have been following MH370 up until about a week or so ago, because nothing ever seems to be new anymore. I just wondered.. is nobody taking seriously the possibility that it was shot out of the sky by a government (US? Malaysia?) and then hidden/denied? Or do I need to read back further or on another thread? TY!

I'm new at this thread but have been following MH370 up until about a week or so ago, because nothing ever seems to be new anymore. I just wondered.. is nobody taking seriously the possibility that it was shot out of the sky by a government (US? Malaysia?) and then hidden/denied? Or do I need to read back further or on another thread? TY!

It's been mentioned on here a few times (mostly in the earlier threads). I don't think many of us believe it was shot down simply because of all the money and resources used up to locate this plane. It would be quite the cover up if the plane was shot down.

On duncansteel.com the scientists have been talking about fire from lithium batteries again.

Among other things, they pointed out an air incident that occurred when a spare battery from a passenger’s electronic device slipped down between the seat cushions and was crushed/damaged by the seat mechanism. It started a fire. Turning off electrical systems when dealing with a fire onboard is recommended.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, considering all the lithium batteries the plane was carrying.

http://www.bea.aero//docspa/2010/f-pk101208.en/pdf/f-pk101208.en.pdf

But...it continued flying for hours. And...no debris.
I keep going back to this.

CNN is repeating 'Witnessed: TWA 800' now, and a few times already have shown the debris in the water, scads of debris. How could absolutely none have been seen in the water or washed up ashore from MH370? Just impossible.

Yes, the only way a fire makes sense to me is if they managed to put it out before it completely disabled the plane.

I think the scientists are considering that a smallish fire may have been why some electrical systems were shut down (transponder/comms/IFE shut-downs) followed by an attempt at restarting those electrical systems (attempted logon at 1st handshake).

The debris is a mystery ... unless it is circulating in that huge rubbish whirlpool way out in the southern Indian Ocean. :dunno:

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_garbage_patch

Frustratingly, the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has turned up many floating objects, but none of them are from the plane.

That’s largely because the latest search area is likely to be in one of the world’s hotspots for accumulated debris – an area nicknamed the Indian Ocean garbage patch.

kpx2dntb-1396505693.jpg

http://theconversation.com/the-difficulty-of-searching-for-mh370-in-a-giant-rubbish-patch-25083

SouthAussie, you have made a very good post (directly above this post). Your image is excellent.

On the runway, after initial clearance, MH-370 was requested by Air Traffic Control to squawk 2106 (for the radar transponder code). At final clearance, MH-370 was requested by ATC to squawk 2157. After takeoff and reaching 18,000 feet, MH-370 was told : "contact Lumpur Radar One Three Two Six good night MAS 370 Night One Three Two Six Malaysian Three Seven Zero". I assume that this meant to contact Lumpur Radar on a frequency abbreviated 1326 (132.60 Mhz). After reaching cruising altitude of 35,000 feet, MH-370 was told by Lumpur Radar to: "contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9". I assume that this was a reminder to change the radio to a frequency abbreviated 120'niner' (120.90 Mhz). MH-370 should still have still been squawking the 2157 code on its transponder at this time. The transponder squawk codes seem routine as do the radio transmission frequencies. No smoking guns there.

But just to keep people talking here, what if someone in the cockpit (right after the very last request to change the radio frequency) set the squawk code to 0000, knowing that it may have had to be reset to a different value in a few moments after contacting Ho Chi Minh? The transponder code 0000 is a military intercept code in the U.S. (think- target drone). Look, this is an extreme leap of faith. But transponder codes ARE very important (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(aeronautics)). A certain code (7500) can indicate the plane has been hijacked. It is an enormous longshot, but if the transponder code is inadvertently set to the wrong value, there could be consequences, in theory.

Coming back to earth, if MH-370 was ultimately downed by on-board electrical failure, the event would have been coincident with the change-over to the 120.90 Mhz radio frequency. If there was a fire, why was a Mayday not sent out? Maybe it was. See this very authoritative and sensible post at http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/24/opinion/abend-explaining-flight-370/, where it is disclosed that: "Or more likely, the communication went unheard because the airspace where the malfunction occurred was just out of the range of normal VHF communications, in addition to being just outside Ho Chi Minh Center's radar". This is a most interesting, impassive, and unbiased read from one of a handful of true experts who have put their analyses on the Internet.

Look, if it were not for the semi-official story that the First Officer's cell phone handshaked with a tower on the Malaysian Peninsula after the purported turn to the west, I would be strongly advocating a simple "lock the other guy out of the cockpit when he goes to the bathroom" terrorist scenario. BUT, on a plane with hundreds of passengers and crew, many accidentally or purposefully do not turn off their devices. It is virtually unthinkable that only ONE device on MH-370 would handshake with a ground cell tower while crossing the Malaysian Peninsula on a westward track. If this story goes away, the westward track into the Malacca Strait lives!

It still seems to me that MH-370 was forever silenced not-too-long after the change-over to 120.90 Mhz on its radio. With the Inmarsat ping theory, we are dealing with the "best available technology". There is another incident from 1947 involving the "best available technology" of that time period. This plane (1947 BSAA Avro Lancastrian Star Dust) last reported to be descending into Santiago, Chile from the east and only a few minutes from the airport (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_BSAA_Avro_Lancastrian_Star_Dust_accident). This plane utterly disappeared without a trace. At the time and for decades afterwards, using best available technology, this was considered one of the most bizarre aviation mysteries of all times. The landscape between the western slopes of the Andes Mountains and the airport in Santiago was barren and any crash site could have been almost immediately found. It took more than 50 years to find pieces of the wreckage. And then, the solution became mundane, using current "best available technology".

The solution to the mystery of MH-370 may well begin with the discovery of attributable debris.

Sleuth On!

It's been mentioned on here a few times (mostly in the earlier threads). I don't think many of us believe it was shot down simply because of all the money and resources used up to locate this plane. It would be quite the cover up if the plane was shot down.

plus, where is the wreckage? it was reported that if a jet was shot down, it would leave a long (and wide) debris field.

(not sure if you mean shot down intentionally or not, but a poster --sorry, recall who-- researched all military activities in the area the plane was flying. there was nothing scheduled at the time or location/flight path iirc. if i can locate the post, i'll link it later)

edit to add link to mr. noatak's very informative post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...39-people-on-board-24&p=10570070#post10570070

btw, i too am from SWO... somewhat displaced at the moment, but cannot wait to get back home :)

CNN is repeating 'Witnessed: TWA 800' now, and a few times already have shown the debris in the water, scads of debris. How could absolutely none have been seen in the water or washed up ashore from MH370? Just impossible.

They're not searching in the right area, JMO.

Not sure if this crash of a Malaysian plane has been posted

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/us-ukraine-crash-airplane-idUSKBN0FM1TU20140717

A Malaysian passenger airliner with 295 people on board crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, Interfax cited an aviation industry source as saying on Thursday.

It said the Boeing plane was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. Reuters could not immediately confirm the Interfax report.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mala...aign=Feed:+businessinsider+(Business+Insider)

A Boeing 777 Malaysian airlines crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/389503/Malaysia-plane-crash

The plane lost contact about 4.20pm Ukraine time when the flight was at 10,000 metres.

Malaysian airlines have confirmed the accident and will be releasing a statement shortly.

This is really making me believe this is what happened to MH370. How scary and awful.

Really makes me wonder if MH370 did go north and was also shot down!

I just received the text alert about this new "incident" and zwiebel had a new thread started. Thank you zwie (although the circumstances are entirely too tragic and I don't believe in coincidences, especially where MAL is concerned at this juncture.

There are entirely too many lives that have been affected since MH370 disappeared off the planet, and now this confirmed loss of life has me literally breathless.

The need for answers and accountability cannot be understated. Truly.

Thank you all for continuing to keep the MH370 thread from going cold. I may :lurk: but my silence does not mean I don't appreciate your efforts over these 25 threads. :heartluv:

:grouphug:

:candle:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors