Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see trashing and burning luggage, that could conceivably wash up from a lot of places... A plane seat would definitely give me pause, even if I wasn't aware of the missing aircraft.

"Nicolas Ferrier barely gave the blue seat a second glance. As he carried out his daily patrol of the wild shores of Reunion, picking up debris from the jet black sands and giant boulders, it seemed to him like just another piece of rubbish – a bus seat, perhaps, or a hang glider’s chair."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ed-up-on-Reunion-Island-three-months-ago.html

He's quite likely someone who has never travelled beyond the island, has no real experience of international travel and may not be plugged in to international affairs.

Yes quite likely. That's why I said 'unfortunate' and not 'stupid' or something like that.

Possibly depending on the weight of it, gasses. I could see hardside suitcases and body parts floating easier than heavy aircraft parts...

That's what confuses me. Because the wing was metal and heavy I think. Yet it surfaced. So confusing!

"Question: What is a flaperon?

Answer: Flaperons are control surfaces on the wing of an aircraft that help to stabilize the plane during low-speed flying during take-off and landing. Flaperons combine the functions of flaps and ailerons. Flaps are used to create lift or drag depending on their use, while ailerons keep the plane from rolling over. Flaperons help reduce weight.

Question: How could a flaperon have kept afloat for so long?

Answer: The high use of composites makes the flaperon a naturally buoyant surface. Flotation is further enhanced because its structure is hollow from the inside. The hollow encasing contains mostly pockets of air. In older aircraft, the entire structure was made of aluminum and metal alloys, but over the years, composite materials started to replace metal alloys in flight control devices of aircraft. Use of carbon-composite materials helps increase the life of the component and improves resistance to weather and external pressures on the surface. "

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/0...-tell-me-what-a-flaperon-is-the-short-answer/

"Question: What is a flaperon?

Answer: Flaperons are control surfaces on the wing of an aircraft that help to stabilize the plane during low-speed flying during take-off and landing. Flaperons combine the functions of flaps and ailerons. Flaps are used to create lift or drag depending on their use, while ailerons keep the plane from rolling over. Flaperons help reduce weight.

Question: How could a flaperon have kept afloat for so long?

Answer: The high use of composites makes the flaperon a naturally buoyant surface. Flotation is further enhanced because its structure is hollow from the inside. The hollow encasing contains mostly pockets of air. In older aircraft, the entire structure was made of aluminum and metal alloys, but over the years, composite materials started to replace metal alloys in flight control devices of aircraft. Use of carbon-composite materials helps increase the life of the component and improves resistance to weather and external pressures on the surface. "

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/0...-tell-me-what-a-flaperon-is-the-short-answer/

Thanks ElleElle! You figured it out too, Elainera. Now I hope they can retrace current patterns and hopefully zone in a bit more.

Apologies if this has been covered before, in catch up mode at the moment. They would definitely know if that piece belonged to MH370, as soon as they put the part ID number in the system it would immediately identify it as belonging to that particular registration. Let's hope this may bring a point of closure for those who have waited so damn long.

Apologies if this has been covered before, in catch up mode at the moment. They would definitely know if that piece belonged to MH370, as soon as they put the part ID number in the system it would immediately identify it as belonging to that particular registration. Let's hope this may bring a point of closure for those who have waited so damn long.

I agree that they most likely know already.. Maybe it's taking so long so they can let the families know?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I had a dream about this last night. Hoping for positive news today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ris-reveal-details-plane-s-final-moments.html

Plane 'window' washes up on Reunion Island in hunt for MH370: Jogger finds new debris near beach where wing was discovered

A plastic object believed to be a plane window has washed up on Reunion Island, as researchers determine whether parts found nearby are from the doomed MH370 flight.
A man named Bruno found the plastic part, which resembles a plane window, while jogging along a St Denis beach on Tuesday, Sydney Morning Herald reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Reunion-Island-sent-MH370-investigators.html

Search for flight MH370 debris on Reunion Island uncovers plastic water bottles from MALAYSIA and Taiwan

Water bottles found on the coast of La Reunion island have been sent to MH370 investigators to determine if they belonged to passengers on-board the doomed flight.

La Reunion lawyer Creissen Philippe discovered three plastic bottles and an empty tube of what appears to be Chinese medicine near his home on the island off the coast of Madagascar.
On closer inspection, two of the three water bottles - Life and Cactus - are products of Malaysia, while the third is sold in Taiwan.

More Suspected Malaysia Airlines MH370 Wreckage Found Updated: August 04, 2015 20:18 IST
Paris, France: More suspected wreckage was found on Tuesday on the northern coast of French island of La Reunion, where debris suspected to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was discovered last week.

According to a picture provided by a witness, the newly found wreckage was an approximate 30 by 30 cm square frame, with all the edges and corners round-shaped, Xinhua news agency reported.

A media report said it looked like a porthole frame of a plane. However, nothing yet indicated that it was linked to the missing aircraft.

The wreckage found on July 29 and a piece of luggage bearing a burnt patch picked up one day later have been sent to the French city of Toulouse where investigations over its identity are scheduled to start on Wednesday.

I figured there would be a lot more washing up around there. It will probably continue for awhile. I am still not convinced it came from the southern IO where they have been searching.

Its definitely a sewing machine that a local attention seeker most likely used to try to fool people.

Australian Expert Sent to Help in Examination of Possible MH370 Wreckage

Snip:

An expert from the Australian government will help analyze plane wreckage found on an Indian Ocean island last week, and which could have come from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, officials said Tuesday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...p-examination-possible-mh370-wreckage-n404226

The pic on the video at the end of the article shows the end of the flaperon, the way it's damaged ought to aid in them figuring out how the plane hit the water, maybe even the relative speed (gliding, belly flop or nose-diving), looking forward to what these experts have to say once they've thoroughly examined it.

If that flaperon isn't from MH370, then there's something else fishy going on.
IMO, that part is from the missing plane.
It's been identified as being from a 777, and there is only one missing 777.

It looks like the part of the cabin above the seats where the air conditioning section is and the two cut outs are symbols for people to indicate which air con nossle is for whom. Maybe I'm totally wrong though.

That's what it looks like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member