Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
World News Tonight ‏@WNTonight · 12m12 minutes ago
BREAKING: Plane part found on Réunion Island is from missing plane #MH370. http://abcn.ws/1MNa8WX
----

Glad they've confirmed it, now to find it and see if the black boxes can be retrieved.

I hope they can trace back to the main wreckage, so we can get answers on how MH370 went down.

World News Tonight ‏@WNTonight · 12m12 minutes ago
BREAKING: Plane part found on Réunion Island is from missing plane #MH370. http://abcn.ws/1MNa8WX
----

Glad they've confirmed it, now to find it and see if the black boxes can be retrieved.

Terrible, tragic but not unexpected news thoughts and prayers are with the 239 families. It is better we found this piece of the plane than finding nothing. I'm not optimistic about the black boxes being found thousands and thousands of nautical miles need to be searched. The boxes could be anywhere and there isn't the resources available to search the whole ocean the debris could be in.

The presser is covered on CNN right now

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

And other debris belongs to MH370!

Prayers to the family.

I saw a grieving family member interviewed on CNN INTL News last night. But it seemed odd to me that she was saying what an emotional shock it was if it was from the missing airliner because her family was 'clinging to hope still.' Seriously? What possible hopes could they be clinging to after all of this time?

It might sound crazy to think like this to you and me but it is very difficult for them to accept their loved ones are dead without any explanation why or having their loved ones remains to bury. They are in denial because the reality is too traumatic to bear.

Full statement from Malaysia Airlines

"8 Aug 2015: Malaysia Airlines would like to sincerely convey our deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MH370 on the news that the flaperon found on Reunion Island on 29 July was indeed from Flight MH370. This has been confirmed jointly today by the French Authorities, Bureau d’ Enquetes et d‘ Analyses pour la Securites de I’AviationCivile (BEA), the Malaysian Investigation Team, Technical Representative from PRC and Australian Transportation Safety Bureau (ATSB) in Toulouse, France and subsequently announced by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Family members of passengers and crew have already been informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.

This is indeed a major breakthrough for us in resolving the disappearance of MH370. We expect and hope that there would be more objects to be found which would be able to help resolve this mystery.

Moving forward, Malaysia Airlines’ priority will continue to provide latest updates and information to the families and will fully cooperate with the relevant authorities on the investigation and recovery of this tragic accident."

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/corporate-info/press-room/2015/media_statement_mh370.html

I am not being disrespetful - my question to you guys is this cultural - if my mother was on the flight 502 days ago, this news does nothing for me? I would have come to the conclusions 5 weeks into the story - she is gone. Culturally what do you guys think??

By this I mean I just cant comprehend how this is BIg news the plane has been gone for a year and half ?????

Shots in another movie theare know nothing else world is going coo coo coo coo I remember when the biggest danger going to a movie was you might slip on some coke on the floor!

Totally OT....but OMG.....CNN reporting shots fired at a movie theater in Tennessee.

What is wrong with people????

Oh yay! That is wonderful that they confirmed it. Hopefully now they can find the main site on the bottom of the ocean. I believe it went down where they were estimating.. It just took this long for anything to surface. Praying for the families because I would have held on to hope also.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

My question is this.. How far is reunion island from the Maldives where the villagers say they saw the plane? Has it been really stormy in the area? I changed my mind after doing some googling.. Perhaps the plane crashed further north west than what they thought

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Well I didn't expect to burst in tears when I saw the news confirming it...

I am pleased, it puts to bed a few of the options we've discussed in the last year or so. I hope more debris washes up and the whole lot ends up being located. We shall see, not really holding my breath.

Who'd have thought we'd end up on thread 26 with this?!

It was on CNN -and other debris-but they did not say what the other debris was.

Thanks trigger I wonder what the other debris is hopefully we will find out.

Well I didn't expect to burst in tears when I saw the news confirming it...

I am pleased, it puts to bed a few of the options we've discussed in the last year or so. I hope more debris washes up and the whole lot ends up being located. We shall see, not really holding my breath.

Who'd have thought we'd end up on thread 26 with this?!

I'm absolutely shocked at how this crash has panned out. Never in a million years did I expect this incident to be such a big news story and still be in the news well over a year later after starting the first thread. Thanks so much all of you for all all your posts, theories and updates since it happened.

I am not being disrespetful - my question to you guys is this cultural - if my mother was on the flight 502 days ago, this news does nothing for me? I would have come to the conclusions 5 weeks into the story - she is gone. Culturally what do you guys think??

By this I mean I just cant comprehend how this is BIg news the plane has been gone for a year and half ?????

If one of my family members had been on board that flight, that would be HUGE to me.

Some people have a very difficult time coping with death.
I am one of those people. It is just something I struggle to comprehend.
I am a very logical, believe it when I see it type of person.
I do not assume someone is dead unless there is a body... it's that simple.

If my loved one was on a missing plane I would hold out hope until they were found.
With all the theories about this plane being stolen and landed... on an island like "Lost..."
I can totally understand why many people would struggle to just write off their loved ones.

Also, finding ANYTHING from this plane gives hope to families that they might have closure.
It gives hope that wasn't there before, that they may recover a body or possessions.
Whether I still had hope they were alive or not, finding a part from the plane WOULD be big news. :twocents:

I saw a grieving family member interviewed on CNN INTL News last night. But it seemed odd to me that she was saying what an emotional shock it was if it was from the missing airliner because her family was 'clinging to hope still.' Seriously? What possible hopes could they be clinging to after all of this time?
That the plane and passenegers were held hostage in some airplane hanger. It's what some of us had initially speculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3