Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Git, yours was a nightmare too. We buried her in our family cemetery. That was the last thing I could do for her.

On MSN.now this morning, there is an article with more info on the debris and the relatives.

On Thursday afternoon, Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong then revealed more debris suspected to be from a plane -- including window panes and seat cushions -- had been found on Reunion island.

and
But some relatives who have consistently criticised Malaysia's handling of the crisis, particularly in China where most of the passengers were from, refused to believe the wing part was from the plane.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ow-panes-found-on-reunion-malaysia/ar-BBlrKom

Reeda had lived with me the last two years. Her son was in jail here, for eluding the cops. She lived in Tennessee, and he was in jail here. She had went home in May, stayed a few weeks, and came back. She came on the 5th of July, and died on the 28th. It was sudden, it was unexpected, and it was brutally painful. I'm sorry for the OT guys. I am still in shock. She was 67 and as healthy as a horse. It had to be a heart attack. :( Again, sorry. I sure hope they find that black box.

We all need to remember that if the oxygen deprivation notion is true the cockpit voice rec will only pick up the last two hours of jet engines, and then running out of fuel.

The flight data recorder , however, in this sceanrio, would be helpful in that it would show a point in time where no more pilot inputs from the cockpit were entered into the system

We all need to remember that if the oxygen deprivation notion is true the cockpit voice rec will only pick up the last two hours of jet engines, and then running out of fuel.

The flight data recorder , however, in this sceanrio, would be helpful in that it would show a point in time where no more pilot inputs from the cockpit were entered into the system

Quoted the wrong person friend. ;)

No, it's someone who has since been banned. I think he claimed to be a pilot? Can't remember. Very unpleasant poster. I think it was hijack, but by one of the pilots.

Thanks. Will have to look at the last thread to see.

So does anyone still think that this plane landed somewhere first then was planted? Or any other theories of the such? I know Diego Garcia had been a thought at one time. Did they ever check the maldives sighting?

The plane having landed somewhere and a decoy plane being planted now would be a more interesting story than pilot suicide but this isn't an episode of Lost, this is reality.

(For those that didn't watch Lost, a decoy plane being planted in the ocean to cover up what happened to the original plane is an actual storyline from the show. Next there will be speculation that the pilot was actually the smoke monster.)

The plane having landed somewhere and a decoy plane being planted now would be a more interesting story than pilot suicide but this isn't an episode of Lost, this is reality.

(For those that didn't watch Lost, a decoy plane being planted in the ocean to cover up what happened to the original plane is an actual storyline from the show. Next there will be speculation that the pilot was actually the smoke monster.)

I'm with 'ya on pilot suicide. It happens, look at the German pilot who did it. Just a tragedy that they feel the need to take all these other people down with them...

That would be a good one, but I dont think that is what happened either..It was either a pilot killing everyone on purpose or some other nefarious thing going on. Hope they find that black box.

and I loved that show "LOST"

Tulessa and gitana. My sincere condolences to you both for your losses. (((Healing hugs)))

Sorry for the O/T but these 2 ladies are wonderful, just wanted to send my best wishes, WS is here for you!!

So does anyone still think that this plane landed somewhere first then was planted? Or any other theories of the such? I know Diego Garcia had been a thought at one time. Did they ever check the maldives sighting?

-raises hand-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is Diego Garcia, if I may ask?

OT: that show got so weird after a while...

That would be a good one, but I dont think that is what happened either..It was either a pilot killing everyone on purpose or some other nefarious thing going on. Hope they find that black box.

and I loved that show "LOST"

I'm going with non-pilot hijack.

I've only watched the first 4 seasons of LOST...I will eventually get to the end of the series.

I found this link that shows the spread of debris over time. The graphics show what a miracle it was to have any part of the plane beach on Reunion Island.
I wonder if there are any uninhabited islands east and southeast of Reunion that are more in line with the currents.
Also this link seems to have the biggest collection of graphics with links to other articles I have seen.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/03/17/world/asia/search-for-flight-370.html

Have followed but not as closely lately. Has Boeing chimed in on the flaperon? Read in our paper today that France investigators are not sure the flaperon belongs to MH370. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Have followed but not as closely lately. Has Boeing chimed in on the flaperon? Read in our paper today that France investigators are not sure the flaperon belongs to MH370. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Read back, they announced it was from MH370 last night

Washed up wing part IS from missing Flight MH370: 515 days after it vanished, Malaysian PM says we can finally be sure jet crashed into sea
Malaysian PM confirms debris on Reunion Island is that from MH370
Najib Razak said he could confirm that the Boeing 777 has crashed in sea
Today officials in France began examining the wing fragment for clues
It was found on a beach in French Reunion Island, in the Indian Ocean

By Jennifer Newton and Corey Charlton and Richard Shears for MailOnline

Published: 07:44 EST, 5 August 2015 | Updated: 01:12 EST, 6 August 2015

The testing in France today involved trying to establish how the flaperon was torn off, where barnacles on the part might have originated and which airline had painted the part in white.

Deputy French Prosecutor Serge Mackowiak said: 'The very strong conjectures are to be confirmed by complimentary analysis that will begin tomorrow morning.

'The experts are conducting their work as fast as they can in order to give complete and reliable information as quickly as possible.'

John Goglia, a former member of the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board added: 'The real work is yet to begin.

'They will identify everything they can from the metal: damage, barnacles, witness marks on the metal.

'They're going to look at the brackets (that held the flaperon in place) to see how they broke.

From that they can tell the direction and attitude of the airplane when it hit. There's a lot to be told from the metal.'
The Boeing 777 piece was taken to the southwestern French city of Toulouse, where it underwent tests at a high-tech laboratory, where journalists from around the world were camped outside today.

The case containing the wing part will be opened in the presence of French, Malaysian and Australian experts, Boeing employees and representatives from China - the country that lost the most passengers.

However, experts say that more pieces of the missing plane probably floated off rather than sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

John Page, an aircraft design expert at the University of New South Wales in Australia, said the discovery leads him to conclude the jet broke up, when it hit the water.

He added that while the main body of the plane is likely to have sunk, he thinks other small, lightweight parts attached to the wings and tail may have floated free and could still be afloat - pieces like the flaps, elevators, ailerons and rudders.

I hadn't read the article yesterday, in June 2014 experts thought debris would hit west of Indonesia’s Sumatra island 1st. They felt the anti-clockwise direction would have carried it from where they're searching to the North East

'Malay version of Koran' found on Reunion as France sends planes to join MH370 search

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...France-sends-planes-to-join-MH370-search.html

On Friday a laminated copy of the Koran, written in jawi - an Arabic script used in Brunei and Malaysia - was the latest item to be handed in.

"It could have come from Koranic texts from Malaysia, Indonesia or Brunei - where the majority of the people are Muslims," said a Malaysian journalist, asked by local reporters about the plastic book. "It could also come from Mondanao in the Philippines. But in reality it could have come from any Muslim country."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3